You will never be a successful webcomic artist who makes a good living off patreon. Donations...

>you will never be a successful webcomic artist who makes a good living off patreon. Donations, has thousands of people that read your comic, and live a stress free life where you don't have to work a crummy soul suckling job for a living
>you will never mingle with Internet big shots and get a circle of cool webcomic artist friends
>you will never go to conventions and have crowds of people lining up to ask you to sign stuf
>you will never have the free time from not being forced to work somewhere to be able to pursue other passions like video making, and develop a youtube channel

>you will never be happy doing what you love, comics, for people who love them too

Why's it gotta be like this

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/davebarrack
patreon.com/bananacreamcake
patreon.com/dresdencodak
patreon.com/jephjacques
patreon.com/CtrlAltDel
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because you are a lazy piece of shit

>pander to a specific niche
>art quality doesn't matter
>don't start drama all the time
>???
>profit

I made my choice. No regrets. I enjoy writing more than art

>tfw working on a comic backlog every night after 8 to 9 hour work shifts with one hour commute, sacrificing sleep and health to get closer to something I can upload, working at a miserable place for hours and hours and hours to barely get by and have enough security to just have a tiny smidgen of hope that it'll get better

>webcomics
>make a good living

Are you delusional?

user...
patreon.com/davebarrack

>Internet

>big shots

What the fuck is this? Who would pay him to make this?

WHAT THE FUCK I WENT TO TRADE SCHOOL AND I DON'T EVEN MAKE HALF OF THAT kIN OF MONEY

user.....
patreon.com/bananacreamcake

So that's where that picture comes from!

>2 people actually pay him 100$ a month

>anime the comic

most of that comes from people pledging $3 and $5 a month, literal pocket change but when you get a few hundred people doing that, it adds up

patreon.com/dresdencodak
patreon.com/jephjacques
patreon.com/CtrlAltDel

Quite wasting time whining on Sup Forums and you might accomplish something.

It's three people making that comic, so it's not like they're living large off of it.

because you never drew that comic.

>buckley getting a single dime at all
>jeph charging 100$ for a custom sketch and 10000 $ for an additional comic a month
>the donation tiers of diaz are garbage tier

Fuck.
Fuck.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!

>Who would pay him to make this?

People.

That stool on the right there has dicks.

>tfw my comic's Patreon only makes $31 a month

Don't worry Rob, you'll get there. I believe in you!

>creative field that depends 100% on the validation and opinions of others
>stress-free

Hahahaha

Good one

With leftist ideals seeping into the industry, it didn't take any time until it turned to communism.

>tfw working on a comic backlog every night after 8 to 9 hour work shifts with one hour commute, sacrificing sleep and health to get closer to something I can upload, working at a miserable place for hours and hours and hours to barely get by and have enough security to just have a tiny smidgen of hope that it'll get better

Yeah, don't do that. I spent a long time doing that sort of thing, and it wasn't until I began actually uploading things that I got the feedback I needed to learn to make my stuff better. The more you backlog, the longer of a stretch you'll have in which you may realize a massive problem in the comic but be powerless to fix it. At least, not without redoing old work.

Doing it right usually requires you to do it wrong a few times first, so it's better to just dive straight in and get those out of the way.