So which film is #2?

So which film is #2?

Anastasia is top left, dunno who are other three gals.

a google search has led me to believe it is swan princess (1994)

Bottom right is waifu material.

Camelot bottom left, black cauldron bottom right.

In order: anastasia, swan lake,quest for camelot, black cauldron

Swan Princess

Bottom two are from Quest for Camelot and Black Cauldron.

Swan Princess, Quest for Camelot, fucked if I know the last one, Gummy Bears?

Anastasia is the best of the four, then Eilonwy, then probably the girl from The Quest for Camelot, then Odette as an Aurora with more screentime to let audiences know she really is boring.

black cauldron, an excellent series of children's adventure novels that actually makes use of some irish myths and folk lore.

Actually, Prydain is Welsh for Britain.

you know what? Then stop pretending you are

Anastasia
Swan princess
Quest for Camelot
Black Cauldron

Funny that the first 3 suck for trying way too hard to be Disney, but the reason why Black Cauldron sucked is because Disney tried way too hard to be Don Bluth

Go figure

>that time Nostalgia Critic claimed The Swan Princess was "copying Disney" and listed elements from the film which came straight from the 19th century ballet story it was adapting

fuck

Looking back the Swan Princess was such a bullshit movie.

In real life, swans are evil velociraptor-like monsters who eat flesh.

We need more rule 34 of the princess from black cauldron

I've seen Swan Princess playing on my country's Disney Channel. Not sure if it was a mistake or what.

I am like 90% certain that cauldron comes from Irish Myth.

I could easily be wrong or it could just be cross polination or geographically close cultures drawing on similar ur myths.

whatever.

point is I had fun reading that stuff growing up.

Maybe so, but Christopher Lloyd explicitly based the universe in Welsh folklore

>he thinks that swans are evil velociraptor-like monsters who eat flesh.
Two words for you user:
CANADIAN
GOOSE

Wait. Isn't Black Cauldron disney though? I always thought it was.

>I AM Disney

Oh. Shit, better get new glasses.

I think Anastasia it the only one people actually think is Disney. Swan and Camelot are both just as forgettable as Black Cauldron, if not moreso.

Maybe it was distributed by Disney? A lot of movies that still aren't a part of the disney canon are.

I unironically love The Black Cauldron.

I want to fuck the silver-haired bitch.

The whole story is crap though user. It crams the plot of several of the books into a single movie cutting various characters and build-up so the Horned King doesn't even get used outside of the start of the movie.

It was made by Ritchie Rich who worked for Disney in the 70s and 80s.
Same with Don Bluth!

who is the blonde chick with that one flower in her hair?

Have canadians already apologized for this monstruosity?

She's from the Little Mermaid anime film that predates Disney's Little Mermaid. I think her name is Marina.

NC never did any research. His opinions were okay for a while, but the more I watched of him, the more I saw how shallow him and Rob's opinions really were.

>NC never did any research.
It always pissed me off whenever he would admit he didn't know an actor's or director's name, and just clearly refused to take a few seconds to look it up on Wikipedia or something and plowed on as though it didn't matter while having the nerve to bash them on their performance anyway. And he wrote the freaking scripts for his skits and reviews ahead of time so there was just no excuse for it.

The little mermaid

At least he's dying in popularity now.

I have not seen Black Cauldron, but the other three suuuuuuck. Swan Princess has one pretty song though, and Anastasia has a good villain song. Anastasia is probably the second worse Don Bluth movie though (it's obvious what the first worse one was).

THUMBELINAAAAA

... But I still love Charo

I was thinking A Troll in Central Park actually. Nostalgia clouds my mind for Thumbelina, but I do admit it's not very good

We will as soon as Australians apologize. Until then, the rest of the world just has to tough it out.

Anastasia, Swan Princess, Quest for Camelot, and The black cauldron. That is way to simple only an idiot wouldn't know.

Thumbelina and Anastasia >>>>>A Troll in Central Park, Pebble and the Penguin, and Rockadoodle. Neither of his Disney princess ripoffs are even in the bottom three.

Oops. I hadn't meant to post that image since it was looking shitty and I'd given up on tidying it up. Ah well, I guess it still technically works okay.

>Rockadoodle
Is there an essay or interview or something I could read explaining just why that film came to be? I loved it as a kid but now it just seems really weird, and learning it was an adaptation didn't help. Was there a 50s rock revival at the time or something?

I think Bluth had spent a lot of time working on a Chanticleer movie with Disney before he left them, and carried over some Chanticleer material when he left.

Not entirely sure about the rock theme, but I do know that 50s culture was big stuff starting in the 70s because it cashed in on nostalgia, then stuck around a bit in the 80s, and eventually became nostalgic again in the 90s for people reminiscing over when it was big in the 70s.