John Oliver has joined The Lion King as Zazu!

how do you feel about current year man being cast as Zazu

Actually pretty good

That's actually fine. He's a moderately funny British guy when he's not doing his politics routine, and it's not like Zazu is an overly important role anyway.

Hopefully he'll tell the lions that they need to accept hyenas into their kingdom, diversity is our strength

Big shoes to fill...

IT'S

CURRENT

TWO

Why not use mr bean?

So is Scar gonna be Drumfy

It's not 2016 tho....

No Mr. Bean? Fuck off.

WUZ

As long as there isn't a single modern day politics reference I'm ok with this

I'd prefer Blackadder to return but this is a fine casting.

Why not just bring back Rowan Atkinson?

They will use the Trump / Drumpf thing Oliver started

so Zazu will refer to Scar as "Blarh" or something equally witty

I think simba should let the hyenas live with the the lions and give them a lot of the meat they catch so it would be fair to the hyenas since they cant really hunt well and also set up a hyena lion breeding program to help the hyenas assimilate so the society will be the best

"MUFASA, THE PRIDELANDS DO NOT NEED A WALL, THE HYENAS ARE JUST REFUGEES!"

That...honestly seems like inspired casting.

He's not a bad VA, so hopefully he'd be fine.
Rowan Atkinson would naturally be better, but he's not an awful plan B

cast him

Mr Bean is still very alive....Why not just get him?

I literally cannot even. Did they just replace Zazu (a character who's supposed to be from Africa) with a white male from England? That's problematic.

this is pretty spot-on casting desu

>redo the best Disney with CGI
>replace the entire God-tier casting in spite of all the original cast still being alive and able

I have no idea either

It's almost like it's a completely unnecessary and uncalled for remake. The fact that they're calling it "live action" to justify it's existence isn't just pathetic, but also dishonest.

That script woudl write itself.

There is no reason for them not to be accepted into their kingdom anyway so that'd be good.

He probably knows that Last Night with Himself is going to be canceled soon and has started looking for new work.

The Fiasco that has been that show's last 18 months has probably revealed to HBO that the market just no longer wants shills like him.

That would be pretty funny since Mufasa is a lot closer to what Trump represents than Scar.

He's nationalist, classist, and even a bit racist (his speech to Simba is a reflection of The White Man's Bureden.)

Meanwhile, Scar is an effeminate (possibly homosexual) communist sicko.

tl;dr: Mufasa is /our guy/ and Scar is /Reddit's guy/

>the most fuckable character in the movie is now voiced by a brit

God damn it

He actually has a good voice for the character, and I think he can pull it off well.

I'm not going to get pissy over politics in a non-political work. Do you think people should still be blacklisting Mel Gibson for a few things he said before?

>character that spends the entire movie having to put up and bitch about the false king after the start

weird i wonder why he got this.

CRYSTAL

>Scar
>effeminate
u wot

Except it is unnecessary.

Easy way to make some Disney dollaroos? Re-release the original films
in the cinema for a limited run.

Old timers will love the old first and second gen classics they grew up with, middle 20s-30s will love golden age Disney and youngsters will love them all anyway. Merch goes through the roof because the classic characters will never be replaced. Why haven't they thought of this

I MEAN IT'S 800 CE!! COME ON PEOPLE!

So is this whole thing going to be CGI or what?

It's... It's almost like Disney closed down their 2D studio because they thought people were tired of them and didn't consider their own mistakes(releasing the last 2D movie close to Avatar, and giving it a title that you'd think was for little girls)

Just taking this out of the way

I don't really care either way.

The fuck is this live action Lion King shit anyway?

Nah, Oliver doesn't like the Drumpf joke anymore because it's his "Creep." It was THAT well received.

Meh as long as he doesn't write anything it's fine. He's an okay actor and fits perfectly for the character desu.

implying 2016 man bitching about scar isnt great.

>STAMPEDE! IN THE PRIDELANDS! I MEAN, COME ON!

Like Rowan Atkinson?

>90% black cast is diverse
I bet by 2030 we will refer to minorities as "diversities," and minority will be considered an offensive term. I'm assuming that article was written by a white virtue-signaller.

by 2030 I should have my Asuka-bunker well and truly prepared and do not have to worry about the plight of humanity any longer

How is this not whitewashing?

>If the Pridelands don't let the Hyenas in, THIS is what the lions of Priderock will look like. Yes! Yes they will!

Probably Timon I guess?

He's got the voice for it, but fuck that guy.

WHAT HAPPENED TO ORIGINAL THOUGHT AND NEW IP'S? Who the fuck clamored for a lion king reboot. Fucking infantilized population.

*buys tickets for the new Spiderman*

Can't believe they'd replace Gilbert for this guy

I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO KILL DRUMPF

MUFASAMPFFFFF IS NOT MY LION KING
BRIDGES NOT WALLS
HYENAPHOBIC

>He's a moderately funny British guy when he's not doing his politics routine
Not really, the only reason he's relevant is because of the political routine.

Fuck off nigger I haven't been to a theatre in years. I'm watching the 400 blows now, waste yourself

Not even British actors care about BAFTA's

Unitomically a good cast. He fits that character well. It's not like he is gunna start screaming about current year.

Still not gunna see any of these remakes

>Mufasa is King
>Plenty of Cubs running around
>Scar is King
>Underpopulation crisis, no Cubs to be found

Hmmmmm

That's standard Lion procedure: Become the alpha male and kill off any cubs the old alpha might have sired except for the girls to potentially mate with later.

John Oliver and Stephan Colbert memes are dead, and now there's this huge pile of memes just wasting away.

so you are a pretensious hipster?