This isn't Barry Allen

This isn't Barry Allen.
This isn't even Wally West.
This is god damn fucking Cisco Ramon from the CW TV show.
What the actual fuck. What were they thinking?
Warner literally has no fucking idea what they're doing. Between this and the shitty tacticool armor, this might be the worst Flash adaptation EVER.
But of course you fucking shills will defend it. Not like they just raped your favorite cape hero right in front of you or anything...

What should barrys personality from the comic be like?

Anything but a fucking quipmaster contrary to popular belief.
Barry used to be more analytical and serious.
Not this god damn faggot.

I see nothing here but yet another autistic tantrum blog post

Lets be honest, nothing would make you happy

His jowls are all kinds of fucked up. Hate to see what happens when he gets older.

>Barry used to be more analytical and serious.

I think you're too late to argue this. Pretty much for the last 30 years when he was shown in modern stuff he was always a huge goober. That was his deal, being that silver age "aww shucks" guy. No one really focused on his darker stories.

I imagine Barry to be like a corny, goofy dad who is serious when he has to be and movie Barry is still young so he's not gonna be the dad yet but I can see him fitting into that role.

Wow those 30 seconds we saw of him really made you shit your pants, didn't they?

I thought it was fun.

>tfw this is easily the best thing to come out of DC live action so far

Chill you fucking sperg

He's like a young richard nixon.

See?
Told you.
DC defense force going all out.
I feel sorry for you all. Sorry that you've lost all sense of awareness and ability to be objective and critical of things.
It seems it's nothing but cocksuckers nowadays.
I miss my good old times.

>Barry Allen has literally no personality in the comics

>This guy isn't my Barry!

Really makes you think

He's Bart my nigga, people never adapt Barry as Barry because the only Barry who's a good character is the one who came back after Wally and who's essentially Wally 2.0
Tell me only one good adaptation o Barry who's good and doesn't act as Wally or Bart

It's not that he has no personality, but that personality is of a pretty straight-cut whitebread midwesterner. Barry is dependable, down-to-earth and reliable, but as everyone else noted, this is still the same guy who's first reaction to getting superpowers was to dress up in a costume and name himself after his favorite comic book hero. He's still a giant dork at heart.

The one from the 1990 show.
IMO

>Barry has no personality
>Wally's "Personality" people attribute to him is from the DCAU and not like the comics version

Face it. Flash's are just a grab bag.

Can someone storytime Brave and Bold to show post-crisis Barry being a huge dork.

This is a guy who couldn't go out past 7 pm out of fear for his wife.

I wish i didn't delete it.

When Barry came back in the pre52verse he was hyper serious and bitter. Then in the N52verse he was a socially awkward loser. Neither like Wally you dumb Wally cocksucker.

no point, even if we storytime it they wouldn't read it

I completely agree with this thread screw dc, none of their characters resemble or act like their comic book counterparts. Barry is serious and analytical.

Well that look completely gay.

It is, and Hal is drunkie hobo who sells puppets.

it was

>I need friends
Neither Wally nor Barry were unpopular with people

I was going with its Quicksilver from the xmen movies.

>were unpopular with people
Wha... Literally what? Barry have no friends, even his relatives hate him, only Hal/Parallax/deadolly loved him.

Ok Wally and Iris loved him too, but you catch my point.

Do you have a learning disability? Calm the fuck down. Stop begging people to argue with you fucking loser.

>then in the nu52 he was a socially awkward loser
Just like this one then

>Not like they just raped your favorite cape hero right in front of you or anything...

Mark Waid:

> Wally attracts me. It came out of the way the stories were told. It was never an objective to make Wally even cooler than Barry. Some of it just comes from the fact that, with all due respect to Barry Allen, Wally West just is cooler because he’s funnier, and he’s wittier. Barry, for all I love Barry, Barry is still like your uptight uncle.

> I don’t care what they do to him in the comics today, or what have you. He’ll never escape the curse of, oh, Barry Allen. The crew cut guy with a bowtie who is kind of dull. He’s a cop.

> MW: And I wouldn’t want to change that because that’s who Barry was, but still he’s a cop and he’s very much by the rules, and he’s very introverted. I mean, that’s the other thing, too. Very clearly introverted human being. It was Iris’s job to be the extrovert. Imagine a party Iris and Barry would go to where Iris would be working the room and Barry would be in a corner. You know?

Well now we need a feel edit with Barry "my feet hurt" Allen

>he's a cop
>the crew cut guy with a bowtie
>uptight uncle
none of these things describe Ezra's Flash

That's a cheap Evan Peters imitation.

he's only uptight because he's a loser and doesn't know how to do things without spilling spaghetti

Yeah i see movie and this is fuck sad. Please if you go in 2017 never watch it.

Snyder will probably plagiarize Quicksilver's scenes from X-Men.

Barry is a cop you dumbass. He's a forensic. You can't have crewcut-bowtie duo in 2016. And there is absolutely nothing that points he's not uptight. This is the part that matters:

>"... he’s very introverted. I mean, that’s the other thing, too. Very clearly introverted human being. It was Iris’s job to be the extrovert. Imagine a party Iris and Barry would go to where Iris would be working the room and Barry would be in a corner. You know?"

What defense force? Vast majority is still skeptical about this whole fucking universe.

They can't have Barry Barry, because they need to make Batman useful. Can you imagine what the Justice League would be like if they all knew how to solve crimes.

What's sad about Ezra Miller's portrayal is that Snyder and WB are clearly attempting to make him seem awkward. The real problem though is that Hollywood doesn't know how to make awkward or introverted people. Movie Barry is zany and quirky because that's what real awkward people WISH they were like. The problem is that nobody has ever fucking said "y r u in my 2nd fav chair xD" because that's retarded. It's not even like Marvel movie dialogue because at least then, it's just the characters' banter. Le random humor is stupid, especially with Barry.

I'm not a huge fan of Grant, but at least he's believably dorky

>You can't have crewcut-bowtie duo in 2016
Or what? The fashion police will arrest you?

it's seen as more hipster than reserved these days, doesn't have the same connotation

the entire point of crewcut-bowtie is to point out that he's a loser.
movie gives that point to home already.

come on he just wants a friend

I got nothing "zany" about the short scene with Miller from that trailer. I got "awkward", but the two are not the same thing regardless of how often they're paired up in modern "nerd" characters.

Miller's Barry to me seemed like a guy who just doesn't get out much, but is still pretty thoughtful and honest in how he deals with Batman randomly showing up in his hideout.

>The real problem though is that Hollywood doesn't know how to make awkward or introverted people
I don't know man that pause in "I need friends" was awkward as hell. Cringed a lot, reminded me of myself.

Snyder you aren't original.

Yeah watching him internally wrestle with how to follow up his over-eagerness was pretty funny.

What 80s meme song will the Flash listen to?

I love how good arguments are ignored by shitheads on this boards.

how can he even save people

Anyone else notice bats' magic coat? It just from mid air to down between the scenes, it would probably have to gain the velocity similar to the batarang and then lose the velocity just in the cut look at flash.

that's his jaw

There are a lot of similarities. Bruce meets Barry at his apartment. Xavier and co met Quicksilver at his home. Quicksilver's room has a lot of entertainment stuffs just as Barry's.

>movie Barry is still young

and that's the problem. barry should be in his 30s if bruce is pushing his 40s.

Underrated post.

I like this type of relation between those two.
The hero being a huge dork and his girlfriend almost bullying him for it and not hesitating to taunt him about it without being a mean bitch.
Barry and Iris are complete opposites.

HA no. This guy isn't anywhere near hyperactive and doofy enoughto be bart.

No, I 'm introverted and I wouldn't fucking be like that, despite what Hollywood shows, being a dork isn' t really a good thing. It's embarrassing and it makes you often uncomfortable because you don't want to fuck up anything.
Fuck those awkward quips. No one want to be like that, no one could bear this kind of guy in real life, he would be seen as cringey, annoying, and as a tryhard.

Fuck this, he looks like a spaz who can't stay a second without blinking moving his head like a epileptic sperg.

>Not like they just raped your favorite cape hero right in front of you or anything...
But that would just make cuk/co/s hard.

Bllshit I've met plenty of sociaoly awkward people who are confident enough but still have no social graces. And saying shit like the 2nd fav chair comment is not at all unrealistic. They're super dorky but they want to be seen as cool and outgoing. When I see ezra barry I see that but way better looking cosnits ezra miller.

The same way comic flash does. Are we pretending snyder invented flash constantly jizzing lightning out of his ass as he runs around?
Is that gonna be a thing now?

Because hes a rip-off of Quicksilver, normies responded more to Quicksilver too in the last X-Men films he was in. It makes sense for Warner to be like "oh we need a guy like that, make the Flash like that" instead of being more accurate and it fits with their "we gotta catch up to Marvel" formula on their cinematic universe.

>muh special character
Grow up, faggots. Barry Allen doesn't HAVE a character. It's why he's been dead longer than he's been alive. Even when he's alive, he's boring as fuck. I honestly think the only reason people dislike this actor is because he's not a blonde. Just like Cho fetishists were mad Wonder Woman wasn't played by a wrestler.

>thinks speedforce energy hurts people if the flash doesn't want it to

Good job there casual.

Your last sentence is half right, it's not Cho fetishists entirely, it's people that don't read WW comics and don't realize that she's been drawn a billion different ways.

Knock it off about Barry not having a character though, this shit is as tired as people saying it about Hal.

I think a large part of why I like what we've seen of Barry in the trailer so far. Ezra just sells the character really, really well.

>that going to be a thing now?
>people blatantly ignoring the obvious for the sake of shitposting

Business as usual

Oh shit he really is just Fox's Quicksilver

He's a goof for the same reason Wally was such a goof in the JL cartoon. For a good team dynamic you need different personalities. Barry being some boring earnest goody-two-shoes wouldn't really add anything to the team.

Barry being vanilla works fine when he's the focus, like in his own comic of his own show, since he can have ancillary characters with varied personalities, but it's stupid as hell when he's a part of a team.

so this wont kill anybody he gets near even the walls get hit

On the one hand, white character gets race swapped again...

On the other hand Idris Elba holy fuck.

it's like you don't understand speed force

I think you posted the wrong one.
Also the shot of him in the suit has lazers hitting the wall behind him if thats the moment you mean.

how can he get any where near somebody with exploding lighting coming out of him

it's not going to hurt people because it's speed force

are you fucking stupid

all this autism

Huge Flashfag here and I'm good with Ezra's Barry Allen. That and I can't judge from the few seconds we've gotten. Wally has had great stories but I relate more to Barry because of his mom dying.

>He doesn't know about the laws of the Speed Force
Gee how come people don't melt or disintegrate when Flash takes them places with his speed.

The lightning effect is literally flying around all the time in the comics and occasionally hitting stuff but not hurting anyone. You're the one being stupid here.

show me one part in the comics where the lightning is out of control hitting the walls while running normal

I know the "speedforce, aint gotta explain shit" thing is a meme but the speedforce does actually have rules and hes hurt people on accident with his speed before

The same way superman catches falling people without them shattering every bone when their fall abruptly drops. Or how the flash can travel with someone else at light speed without them disintegrating, or how batman can instantly grapnel onto any far off ledge without his arm being pulled out of its socket, or how despite aquaman not having flippers and only being able to move by displacing water so fast he essentually flies through the ocean like a rocket.

The exact same way.

>stop liking what I don't like!

Where's the ugly male representation on movies?

We are ludicrously underrepresented.

Look at this cunts cheek bones.

superman has control over his powers to not hurt this flash the moment he moves the shit is going everywhere he is going to do more damage than anybody just moving

Steve buscemi and christopher walken exist.

sizzling ground and shit but unharmed civilians

I'm sure there's more examples in pretty much every issue since they started this lighting effect shit

Superman doesn't control the gravitational effect of falling people.

Here is an image of flash. Lightnng is coruscating off his body as he moves. He's holding a human being as electricity flows off him in all directions and is not electrocuted. It just kinda hangs around her never quite touching. You know why....cos it looks cool. There's no sensible reason a lightning spewing man wouldn't kill everyone around him. Its a visual effect that through bullshiy comic (and niw movie) magic doesn't hurt people.
Why is it only now troubling you

>wow thing is shit
>it's not that bad
WOW FUCKING DEFENSE FORCE

that's not out of control you fucking fool you see when he use his power in the move its hitting the walls giving off sparks

>trying this hard to justify your shitty point

just go to bed Fiege

It doesn't really have rules. The rules change from writer to writer, from issue to issue.

or you are just fucking stupid

>makes the point that his lightning is gunna hurt people no matter what
>shows a comic page of lightning not hurting people cause Speedforce

>"NUH-UH! YOU'RE STUPID"

please go to bed Fiege, you have a long day of gutting good marvel stories tomorrow.