Wow this was shockingly bad

Its like it didn't even attempt to be scary. And I freaking love horror anthologies.

B-but it's all made by FEMALE directors, user!

Agreed. It's almost like the male producers had a secret agenda to make female filmmakers look bad.

this is what bums me out the most. I wanted it to be great.the idea that this has a higher rt score than the first VHS is laughable.

Women are scary, get over it.

But user, the first VHS was also boring trash
I sincerely can't recall an actually unsettling or creepy story barring that of the ayylmaos and the skype session or whatever
The semen demon one was nice but certainly not scary or creepy at all.

The first segment (The Box) was pretty decent so I googled the director and found out that it was originally written by a man (Jack Ketchum).
Kind of defeats the purpose but eh.

IT'S THE SEXIST PATRIARCHY'S FAULT

What was the meaning of that segment? I honestly didn't get it

Doesn't matter. It'll get good ratings because its SO PROGRESSIVE and it's MAKING HISTORY.

>this has a higher rt score than the first VHS
SERIOUSLY?!?
I'll never visit that shitty site if that's true.
Like WTF the first VHS is kinda meh but at least it works as a fucking movie.
Only the first segment tried to be scary and that was immediately undone by the second one with it's cringey humor.

first segment was okay the rest was trash

This one shot was good.

Her segment was the worst by far. She should stay away from the director's chair.

just saw this the only night and thought the same thing. The only segment I thought was redeemable was the first one and it was missing an ending. The second segment wasn't even horror, it was St Vincent's very amateur, faux hipster take on a dramedy.

agreed, by fucking far the worst.

Only watched it because St. Vincent was a part of it but yeah it was pretty bad. The thing is, besides her I'm pretty sure the other three are actually established filmmakers which makes it even worse that their shorts were trash as well.

What did they mean by this?

jiggly

I was gonna see it, but I've been turned away by this thread. The second segment is also evidently a pretty terrible waste of Melanie Lynskey's talents...but so it goes.

>Jack Ketchum
Are they related to Ash Ketchum?

We suffer so you don't have to.