Adventure Time

Only episodes left this season are Preboot and Reboot. And with the confirmation of Season 9 a couple of days ago, does anybody else think they're going to air the remainder of Season 7 as an intro to Season 8?

Other urls found in this thread:

ask.fm/MrMuto
tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?fromTimeInMillis=1470520800000&aid=tvschedule
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably

If we haven't heard any airdate news by the time the SU summer thing ends, then most likely.

Are we even sure that it has been renewed? I saw that tweet, but it kind of looks like a joke about how they've been going on for so long that they're running out of ideas.

>season 9 renew
I start to concern to this show even more. It barely climbed its way back from the abyss, and now it is going to repeat the same mistake all over again.

Are they allowed to joke about that?

heh, you kept all my horrible trackpad X's

The show is just as good as it started. Take off your nostalgia goggles
All of you.
You can always ask Adam Muto.
ask.fm/MrMuto

Adam Muto said they haven't gotten a firm release date. I looked at zap2it and AT's next possible airfare isn't until August 10. Also AT Season 8 is scheduled to air later this year, it could be released in November for all we know.

I honestly don't know everyone's reasons for shitting on Season 6, as if it were the dark ages for the show. The sixth season is subpar at most. Finn being a sad piece of shit happened for like two episodes, and the "2deep4you" was really only apparent in two fucking episodes. "Breezy" and "Astral Plain." I consider these two and these two only because they tried to tell us something but just fell
flat. There are many other episodes that have you think, but it's done well, so why does it matter? There is an absence of Finn and Jake, but that is irrelavent. Think of your favorite episodes of Adventure Time? What did you like about them? Was the fact that Finn and Jake were there the reason why it is your favorite? If you say yes you're a liar. We have had bad episodes with Finn and Jake. As long as the show in general is about Finn and Jake in Ooo, quit your bitching. Because that's all the show was ever about.

But aren't the shows with prolong lifespans usually exhaust the creators? Also, aren't many of the "lores" from late seasons potentially build on one-time gags in earlier seasons?

>running out of ideas
Is this because we have like only 8 episodes where Finn and Jake don't appear. They have plenty of ideas for the show, it's just getting more difficult to implement Finn and Jake. What if the show was only about the duo fighting evil? And saving princesses? And that's all it would ever be about with nothing more? You would have gotten bored. The show would have ended up formulatic like Regular Show's 2intense4U moments. It would predictable. There is only 11 minutes, I would rather it be about more. There's a lot of potential for this show, and enough to be excited for in the future.
>Finn and FP are now friends
>Finn as of "The Flute" is better with relationships.
Looks like no more spaghetti. Not saying they will be a thing.
>Betty is still out in Ooo, the one inside the crown is just an AI
Whose to say she wont show up in the future.
>Patience St. Pim
Ice Elemental, and didn't exactly get an ending. She is still in the Ice Kingdom, we haven't seen the Ice Kingdom again yet so we may see her.
>Finn's Sword
Finn Sword is still broken, and who knows, maybe the glow we see will be explained.
>Finn's Mom
Get ready faggots. If you guys start assuming shit like she is going to be involved in the first eight episodes that's your own damn fault .
>Marcy and Peebles
The inevitable shit is going to sail soon, I can't wait for the shit storm if it does happen. It's not exactly fat-fetched with how season 7 went.

>built on from gags
So what? This isn't SU, AT's lore actually explains their environment. The show started as random, and now pays attention to continuity. It is done well so why is it a big deal?
>Tires the creators
AT has had multiple creative directors, the people that made season 1 aren't the same ones that made season 7.

I seriously loved this show but then i suddenly lost all interest and i don't remember why, iirc the last episode i watched was son of mars which apparently aired 4 years ago, time flies doesn't it?

Worth watching? i loved how random the show was (not in a "lel random xd" way) as an example my favorite episode was wizard battle

Coming to think of it, i think one the reasons i dropped it was because it got "2 deep for me" with the fire princess and all that shit

I marathoned Adventure time back in April and I must say what a ride that was seeing each episode and how the world of Ooo changes was amazing.

I mean. There's gotta be a reason why a shitload of AT fans jumped onto the SU wagon despite being revolving around lore and continuity nowadays. And why haven't said SU fans jumped back on the AT wagon?

Here's an idea, if you see someone shitting on the show don't go along with it. The 2deep4u is exaggerated. It isn't even that "deep," they pretty much tell it out to you what's going on. Continue watching, if you get stuck in season 6 just power through it. It has some inconsistencies but it isn't terrible. I've noticed Sup Forums overexaggerates anything that doesn't contribute to their ship. That's why so many left the show, because their head canon for Finn and someone else didn't happen. Enjoy the show, but don't expect so much

I started rewatching the show in January. I'm still on Season 6 but it's near the end. What I did notice is how off Sup Forums's opinions were on Season 5.2-6.

>flame princess/romance arc
I think that was the time some people quit watching the show. The whole "making the show focuses on lores/continuities" is a trade off. It can make thing interesting, but losing some of its original charm as an exchange. Well, I only hope to see things turn out better.

Cult of personality.

see here They left because their ships didn't work out the way they wanted it to. They shipped Fubblegum for so long, and when it died they just left and shi
at on the show for extraneous minor reasons to justify their neglect for it.

that "original charm" is nostalgia

>the whole shipping thing
I still remembered the flame wars across the internet years ago. Yikes, that was not fun at all.

not really though. You can compare earlier seasons and late seasons to find things turn out very differently. For examples, Gunter is evil could be a one time joke, and now it is known as a dreadful being. The point I made is that the continuities and lores might try to giving explanations to everything.

Past AT fan from its prime, current SU fan here
AT got really confusing for me fast and I felt like I didn't understand why other people reacted certain ways or felt certain emotions at scenes. Probably cause I was a younger teen but I didn't understand feels heavy episodes as much as I used to, cause earlier AT was relatable and the jokes were simpler. So I felt like post season 4 AT wasn't just for me anymore. I felt left out from the fandom cause I didn't cry at certain moments like everyone else did. SU is much easier for me to comprehend but I'm older now, so idk. SU's premise is simpler compared to the catalyst comet, confusing timelines, elementals, mushroom bomb, unexplained mysteries stuff AT has. I tried to catch up but I still don't get it, AT wasn't the same funny and organic show I watched 4-5 years ago. Plus I waited it out for bubbline but they still haven't solidly confirmed anything, compared to SU's blatant gay. AT disappoints me now, but that's not its fault since it grew up as a show.

So what?

maybe that was the reason? People eventually grow up and view things differently. I also feel another thing the show is so different now is that it tries to please everyone, and it turns out it can't.

That's a shitty way to write off people's arguments, though. You like the old Electronic's Arts games where the company didn't completely sell out and try and jew players over every day? Nostalgiafag.

You like pre-movie spongebob over spongebob season 7? Nostalgiafag

you have to deny and criticize everything I posted? Seriously, I just proposed a possible explanation and idea.

If AT's lore is difficult for you to understand you may be retarded. The reason SU gets to be blatant is because they aren't females, and their sexuality can only be attracted to one sex, there is only one sex. AT's lore isn't remotely confusing, you just have difficulty comprehending it. Keep watching, the show clears up things that weren't definite before.

Deny? Criticize?
What?
>so what?
means, okay, and what are you trying to imply? What is your point? So,......what?

yup, probably. I was 13 when I started watching AT, which was at the same time season 3 started airing. I really enjoyed childish AT and I feel like I can't get the same vibe 5 years later with episodes now... it's not as fun and that's why I don't watch it anymore. I admire how AT tried to change and be different but it just doesn't suit me. 13 year old me would have LOVED steven universe, but that's cause I get the same feelings I did when watching AT a long time ago.

I like games that entertain me, and have some form of competition. I know what nostalgia is when I see it. Considering I have been rewatchong the series, that "original charm," pretty much is nostalgia.

could be, I still remembered the vibe of watching regular show and adventure time in my high school time. Not to mention the hiatuses and schedules nowadays, the time worn me out

This, when there is nothing to discuss the generals die.

Not so much as lore (which I think is complicated due to the fact that they keep introducing new things but don't touch on them for a long time, there are so many unresolved ends and questions I doubt they can tie up well) but some episodes like The Mountain made no sense.

You're not going to get the same vibe because it is the nostalgia. You're not going to reminisce over the latest episodes.

>AT wasn't the same funny and organic show I watched 4-5 years ago
This. Old AT and New AT are two completely different entities with the same characters. I'll old AT over new AT any day, but that's just me. I still watch it and keep up with it, but only for how Finn will turn up in the world made around him.

>The Mountain made no sense
Not every episode is meant to explain something for you. It's been that way since the very beginning. What question about the lore is unanswered?

>completely different entities
Well that's because they first introduced the character, and then explained their backstory. And there is something called character development.

Well, yes the newer seasons do have character development, but I still like the old seasons over the newer ones.

>be 14
>crazy obsessed AT fan and fubblegum shipper
>rewatch too young over and over to the point I memorized the transcript
>hate flame princess when she is introduced
>hate for flame x finn increased after burning low
>watch shitty flame x finn fanart AMV's all day on youtube so my hate will increase
>patiently wait for the day they break up so I'll feel the ultimate revenge
>interest in AT wanes before earth and water even airs

Oops

and this happened. That was the moment the show officially dropped the bomb.

The writers confirmed they weren't dating. Why does this trigger Sup Forums?

Bc Sup Forums thinks if Finn can't have FP then no one can have FP

I think that wasn't limited to Sup Forums. The internet fanbase was triggered, again. TRIGGERED.

People like to spread misinformation about things they don't like. Last month on Sup Forums I saw some people that still thought Finn and FP were a thing while talking shit about it.

kek

This was me a bit desu I didn't even know what AMV's was, but as time went on I grew to like FP. Then they trashed that as well. And then they trashed Finn and Roselinen/Huntress Wizard/Canyon etc. etc.

Because a character whose sole gimmick was that he was retarded and was comedic relief up and outstages the MC which added onto the salt in the wounds that was Frost & Fire/Too Old/Earth and Water Unholy Trinity.

Imagine if it was Marceline getting BTFO by some previously mentally ill background character that nobody gave a fuck about and it wasn't some sort of comedic joke. The writers would have to go into a bunker.

People who don't ship Flinn hate it for cringe levels

Flinn Shippers hate it because it was the nail in the coffin (at least for that time being)

bump

Currently going through season 6 after not watching AT for a few years. I'm just skipping all the episodes without Finn and Jake. Seems like I'm skipping quite a few episodes. Its fine to have some centered around secondary characters and expand the world around the MCs, but not at the expense of completely forgetting about them

>Imagine if it was Marceline getting BTFO

My sides would be in stitches if she got BTFO'd by someone as insignificant as Mr. Cream Puff.

A friend told about the episode Simon and Betty finally see each other again, Marcy and Pebbles (why the fuck is it named like that anyway?) and holy shit it was anticlimatic as fuck, I remember why I dropped this in the first place, it has the potential to be either a drama or a comedy but it doesn't decide and it's like the writters are activelly trying to fuck each other up, like everyone has different ideas in what AT should be.

At least Stakes was good.

Stakes was meh

Don't care about anything else.

Does Finn ever get his comeuppance?

I don't know, it felt good having an actual villan, consistency with the writting and every episode was interesting to see what gimmick was the next vampire going to have.

Also I'm a sucker for the Tarot and yurishit. Guilty as charged.

No I do not like SU, it's shit.

>Does Finn ever get his comeuppance?
Finn ALWAYS gets his comeuppance. Whenever he does something bad, he gets shot in the legs and forced to walk back into CN headquarters. Meanwhile, other characters get sob stories so people should care about them or a slap on the wrist.

Episodes without Finn and Jake are still well written,"Friends Forever," "Evergreen" "On The Lam," are all well done episodes. If You're skipping every episode where Finn and Jake are minor characters you're missing out, you mean to tell me "I Remember You" is slip worthy? Don't give in watch the episodes.

I stopped watching the show, and for me it was simple. They built such an amazing world, with amazing lore. However they would never commit to the exploration of said world and said lores. Things would be getting interesting and I'd be learning about he world, then bam back to stupid shit. Prime example was when Finn got his arm tore off, I thought after we'd be seeing some real shit, but of course it was immediately back to stupid shit. The stupid shit is cool I suppose but I don't like the constant teetering on the edge the show liked to do and eventually I drifted away from it.

Whoa wish I saw this post before making mine, sums me pretty good.

I stopped watching after the Lich King died and Martin came around

Should I catch up? Is it still objectively a good show?

all the major episode's i've already seen, like evergreen, and i remember. nut episodes where the wizards go on a road trip are just boring. abraca-daniel is a good side character but he gets old after a minute of screen time

Sorry, I actually meant the opposite. Like, does he ever grow a pair?

Who pissed in your cereal, you sperg

I mean...yes? He knows not to get into girl's personal space after being beaten over the head for the upteenth time as of Bun Bun. He won't get intimate with any girl until he kicks Jake's cockblocking self out to the curb.

He hasn't had a crowning moment of awesome in a loooooong time, but maybe Preeboot/Reboot and S8 will change that. As of now he might as well give up his "Protector of Ooo" role since Marcy and the upcoming Elemental Princesses can do an infinitely better job than him and Jake.

Simon and Betty see each other in real life in "Betty," it was very anticlimactic, but remember, the sane Simon only remembers what he was doing before going insane, so he technically wasn't gone for very long. And they were more worried about keeping Simon alive. They meet again, in "Broke His Crown," and that Simon was the one imprisoned inside the crown, a type of A.I thing. Their A.I's meet and Simon tries to get Betty that's haywire to remember their relationship. That was very heartwarming I don't know what you are talking about, "Broke His Crown" is one of the most solid season 7 episodes.

Sup Forums that over-exaggerates

"Thanks For The Crabapples Guiseppe," DOES have Finn and Jake in it, with lines. They were just minor characters. Did you skip "It Came From the Nightosphere" and "Storytelling" because Jake was a minor character, or "Jake the Dad" because Finn was? There are boring episodes with Finn and Jake like "Dream of Love" and "Web Weirdos" but I'm sure you still watched them.

>beaten over the head
Like when? Getting dumped because you used your girlfriends insecurities against her isn't going to go well for you? What were expecting? A hug?

Don't listen to that user he is just exaggerating.
What do you mean? Grow a pair? When has Finn ever showed signs of being a coward? He is one of the bravest characters in the show. As of "Flute Spell," Finn is way better with relationships, and can talk with the opposite sex without spaghetti. He is more mature now.
What are some characters that got away scot free? What are some examples of Finn getting brutally punished for doing bad things.

That does get annoying. They were teasing with the robot arm for so long, but I don't think that they fogot about that. Watch the preview for the upcoming episode "Preboot," Finn is awed by Today's biopic arm, so his interest is still there, and his "arm" is still the grass sword, so Finn getting a biopic arm isn't exactly out the window. You seem to be lacking patience, can I ask you for some examples where they forgot to explain something they had intentionally set up?

Lich King is still alive...he is transformed into a giant manchild. Show is still good, just take off your nostalgia goggles.

>Today's
Tiffany's*

>biopic
bionic* wtf?

I just wanna know how Martin ended up in a cosmic prison

By committing a cosmic crime

See but even if they go through with it this time I'm still gonna question the purpose of having him lose his arm and get it back in the first place. No matter what they do later on that decision will always be retarded.

I really do want them to do fucking something with it though, he's had the grass thorn for two years and its shown up like 5 times.

Stakes was sort of meh but the awesome villains and focused plot were pretty cool to see. I hope any further miniseries they do basically follow the same format.

(Having shit that happens in the miniseries actually change stuff would be nice too)

>I'm still gonna question the purpose of losing his arm in the first place
To satisfy people like you who get triggered because he doesn't have a robot arm.
>get it back in the first place
Well it's a little difficult to do things with one are than it is with two. Who says they are going get Finn an actual living arm? Were we not discussing a bionic?
>no matter what they do
I think you're being too pessimistic, and you're overcomplicating the sitbiopic?

The writers need a reason to put something in an episode, they aren't going to dedicate an episode for something like telling us how long Tree Trunks was married for each of her husband's. That doesn't contribute to the plot, not is it enough to deserve its own arc. Questions like "what was the purpose of Finn losing his arm," aren't going to be answered. I can ask Why is Princess Bubblegum's hair not showing properties of actual gum,e.g., being sticky? Questions generated by the audience that were not insinuated by the writters are not going to get answered. If that's the reason you quit watching a show I wouldn't be surprised if you have ever finished any series. What next? Why is Lincoln in TLH the only male child? Are you going to quit watching, assuming you already are, because that question never got answered?

Well the miniseries changed SOME things, like PB getting her castle back, but in term of things of actual importance it really had no impact to the show. If they are going to do another movie length miniseries it should at least change some thing of actual importance. Marceline turning back into a vampire was really pointless, it would have been better for her to stay mortal. Someone speculated that they are going to do another miniseries in Season 8, but I feel like we would have had some sort of announcement.

>sitbiopic
Holy shit situation

AT became nothing but status quo like every other shitty cartoon. SU has been consistently changing since the first episode. While the tone and style and deliver are of course the same, the characters have grown and changed throughout and remained that way.

Even Greg got rich and stayed rich, which is kind of amazing for a cartoon.

AT really rubbed me the wrong way after Finn got his normal hand back.

>nothing but status quo
>Finn is no longer a spaghetti mess
>Cinnamon Bun now is FP's knight
>Finn has transition through multiple swords
>>Scarlet
>>Root Sword
>>Demon Blood Sword
>>Grass Sword
>>Finn Sword
>Wild Berry Kingdom became sophisticated
>Candy Kingdom's military has been shown to have improved significantly("Susan Strong," they have candy weapons, that are cutesy. "Gold Stars," freaking helicopters)
>Lemon Grabs 1&2 are now one
>Earldom is run differently throughout control
>Finn's dad left him and became a space entity
>Finn Sword is broken, what has happened when the grass sword impaled it has get to be explained
>Ice King can socialize and isn't an autistic mess
>show has always been about Finn and Jake in Ooo, but we have expanded to telling stories of background characters and origins
>The literal show itself has taken a different direction
>LSP left her over-bearing parents and lives in the woods
>PB no longer spies on everyone, and has learned to trust those that wish to invade her own kingdom.
>Lich is now embalmed inside a body of a child
>Finn no longer is romantically interested in Bubblegum
>Finn and FP are now friends, before they were a couple
>Flame King now resides in a cave full of chipmunk
>Marceine and PB have reestablished their friendship, after previously being detached.

I'll admit the show goes back to status quo more than I'd like it, but saying nothing changes in the show is a bit far fetched. Also, you criticize AT for not changing enough, but there are people that dropped the show because it "wasn't the same." They're not going to be able to please everyone.

Also:
>Marceline has patched up her relationship with her father (no more daddy-issues
>Ice King has given up attempting to force women to marry him
>Billy is dead
>Finn is no longer afraid of the ocean
>Jake has moved on from being a sore-loser in Card Wars
>Xergiok lives a nomadic life
>Jermaine lives care-free of his parent's belongings
>Magic Man is now Normal Man, and instead of causing suffering on Mars, he is helping the rebuild
>Abraham Lincoln is dead, after exchanging his immortality.
>Grob Glob Grod Gob are orbiting the Earth

Standing up to Orgalorg wasn't too shabby, even if his arm did most of the work.

tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?fromTimeInMillis=1470520800000&aid=tvschedule
Hey guys CN is actually airing reruns this weekend. For an entire hour.

>People like to spread misinformation about things they don't like. Last month on Sup Forums I saw...
The irony.

What was ironic? Although an Anecdotal fallacy, I fainty remember Sup Forumsacks talking about something AT related about a month ago. Or is it ironic that people spread misinformation on Sup Forums. I'm confused.

I suppose he perceives you talking about Sup Forums without linking is tantamount to misinformation. I don't agree with the guy if that's his point.

>Season 9
So this is the new The Simpsons?

Simpson's ran three times longer than AT is going to. Considering RS might end in Season 8, I literally cannot see it continuing after season 9.

His point was people spreading things that are false about things they do not like. While he did not prove that some Sup Forumsack said that, he isn't spreading this ostensibly false information about something he dislikes.