quickposes.com/pages/timed
senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
shutterstock.com/
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
tumblr.com/theme/39018
pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#
youtube.com/watch?v=yfl6Lu3xQW0
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/
blambot.com/
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
youtube.com/watch?v=bjxf-eQWKoo
tumblr.com/blog/cultcontrol
youtube.com/watch?v=00lfkHlJ_VM
youtube.com/watch?v=_hHDxlm66dE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Scrub Authors GOODIE Bag
Here’s a short list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:
>*-Struggling to find that perfect FONT? Create your own using this link;
myscriptfont.com/

>*-Don’t forget to brush up on that ANATOMY:
artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
quickposes.com/pages/timed

>*-What’s a list without some reference STOCK IMAGES?
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/

>*-Here's a big fat compilation of CHARACTER DESIGN REFERENCE:
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

>Links to get a rough WEBSITE started up:
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do’s and Don’ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV

>Contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

>DISCORD CHAT going on,
Ask for an invite in the thread.

>Wise words from John Cleese:
youtube.com/watch?v=yfl6Lu3xQW0

>Invisible Ink:
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

>Paper Wings
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/

>Fonts for your webcomic on Blambot:
blambot.com/

>Writing Resources:
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf

>Guide to promoting your comic:
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

>Comics for makin' comics!
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics

Fresh update.
New character introduced.

As always it can be found at:
mostlylizard.com

So that side mouth tho...

made a character sheet for pam. finally got rid of the card game protag hair.

you changed the mouth entirely. it's a totally different mouth now. a different feel, a different expression. Try to get the original feel and expression preserved without sidemouth. you can't. part of it is that we're making mouth expressions you can't really make. they have specific tilts to them that give off certain feelings. how do you turn a symbol in profile? you can't
but.. I liked her hair..

Still enjoying!

What has she mutated into? does this have some connection to those aliens?

Click 5 pages back, 2015.
Is this prequel?

she gains super human abilitys. and yes.

I wasn't a big fan of drawing it from different angles so I'm changing it.

haha, yeah, I'm trying to not let that happen again

What's wrong with her boobs?

Pam doodle

I'm bad at drawing boobs

and here her boobs aren't affected by gravity?

Nitpicking obvious beginners is pointless.
The whole thing is pretty terrible, and I'm not trying to be mean.
He's just have to draw all the bad tits and other issues out one page at a time, it seems.

I agree with the pointlessness, but you can still learn from individual issues while you're also working on your fundamentals. or in this case, basics

> it's a totally different mouth now
No.

So it's still a side mouth?

just because he gave an idiotic answer doesn't give you the excuse to give an infuriatingly stupid reply to it

So it's not a side mouth?

work on progress for the first of the guys.

TWO PAGES LEFT.

And I only sort of know what to do with them...

3.5 hours until the deadline.

That's pretty good, but you could have at least finished it before sending it, there's no rush.

no, he changed it into a non-side mouth, but with a totally different expression
clicking on a link to a dead thread should still work, it archives it or whatever, right?

ha, I love this guy. you are my new favorite in these threads. for today.

You got it.

Thanks user!

Finished this page!

The mouth is a little too SIDEWAYS, young man.

Is this the new /hyw/ meme?

>saying this in front of The Dewd
c'mon, not cool

It's the same expression.

not remotely.
well alright that's an exaggeration, but no, it's not the same

Good luck, user.
You're probably busy right now, but when you're done, could you post a quick runthrough of your process?
I've always been a very slow artist, so I'm hoping I could get some ideas for speeding things up.

I thought my buddies on /hyw/ could answer this best best

I want to one day start my own website that'll host webcomics or webanimations and have my own crew of artists TO DO MUH BIDDING. Sort of like how nostalgia critic created Channel Awesome. And my questions are:

What steps do I need to take accomplish this? Right now, Im trying to build up a fanbase myself so I have guaranteed followers. And then, I guess after getting followers, I could start collabing with other artists. And then like hire some to draw shit and hire writers to write shit for me.

Where does the money come in? Ads? Because idk. Im going to get a business job, and but I know itll take some time to see a profit.

And the final goal is to start anime company in japan and to live right next to kyo ani studios.

is this a fucking copypasta

Youtube, hire animators to make vidya/movie parodies.
Get money from youtube and patreon, sell merch.
>kyoanus
kys

so you wanna be a psyguy eh?
just do a really good job of hiding who you really are because inevitably someone's going to make up a bunch of shit about you
or expose some true shit, or whatever.
other than that, have cool and quirky webcomic friends who all make funny comics that a similar audience would enjoy. for example most/all of them being kind of videogamey
then the rest will like-as itself.
I know you're trolling but I really like this sort of co-op approach, and we need to bring back webrings, so maybe someone else will hear it and do it for real

ok sound like a plan but first

show us some of your art so we can tell you if it's good enough to get a following

if it's good i'll be your first follower

he said he wants to start a company, ie, an Idea Guy.
No art.

he said he wants to collab with other artists

so he must be an artist too

yeah, his idea, their art

Street trash dispenser: yes/no?
Does it look too busy?

>trash dispenser
Is this some kind of crazy thing they have in other countries? I've heard guilty bleeding heart scandinavian countries have special recycling bins that are meant for the homeless to collect from, so they can take it to the recycling place and keep the money. Something that sits on the border between 'very lazy form of donation' and 'bum labor'

this looks more like a depository or a disposal than a dispenser though. i've never seen anything like it.. in fact it looks like a rabbit hutch. i see a bag of garbage in it (an unusually neat one) and a rabbit.
In any case though it doesn't look too busy

Yeah, depository. Sorry, wrong word.
Thanks

Not trolling. Kyoani. That's like the dream.

>hiding who you really are
ugh, that's a problem. Literally, everyone whose been to my account knows im an autistic pervert whose 18 years old and has been fapping to anime babes and going to Sup Forums since age 14, and wants a japanese wife They might also know what state I live in too. And in fact, ive showed people irl my drawing of anime girls plus my tumblr. Looks like I have to start from scratch again. Not that it matters, I have only 6 followers.

Behold, my masterpiece! (spoiler)
youtube.com/watch?v=bjxf-eQWKoo

Mock it all you want. But soon, I will make a business off of making cute gifs or webms of cute girls, doing cut things.

Youtube sounds like a good place. But, I just don't know what the internet will look like 7 years from now.

I like the idea of doing a comic in a really sketchy style like this, but I'm not so sure it'd look that good if I were to do it the entire way through.
What do you guys think?

I really like it! i feel like the lines on the sidewalk are a little too thick as they recede and distract slightly, but if you maintain this level of value contrast and dark/toned areas its legible even with the thick lines

F*CK YES!!!

if you have areas of pure black itll be easier to read and a little more acceptable, as it is I can see the art feeling kind of muddy and without weight. it needs some black to weight it down

True. I'll see if I can fix it with color holds when I color it. Thanks!

I suppose you'd suggest darkening the lines as well, in that case?

yeah, but the thing is with a sketchy style is the audience can pick which lines they like best, so maybe experiment with selectively darkening important lines? and having areas of pure black in shadows and the background. if youre going to be working in black and white, pure black areas are possibly your best friends

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep on working at it.

here's a pity (You), good luck

yo Sexyverse guy
you've probably heard this a morillion times, but.. what's the deal with the lipstick-red nips on the brown lady? was that the artist's decision or yours?

How do I come up with a name for a character?

I usually just sit there and think of names I've heard or people I know.
If that fails, I look up "Male/Female first names" and then a list of last names

what kind?

think of horrible puns that embody something about the character and work from there

fantasy name generator
or just use first names of you and yer friends.

doesn't matter, the fans will call them what they actually are, ratface, Jewnose, fatty mcgee, etc

Whoops, missed the anniversary thread but

Cult Control is about a constabulary that takes down cults that gets too ambitious. It follows Charah, a cultist who was disgraced and exiled from her cushy life and Vale, a regular soldier who's somewhat of a nobody, as they go around and fight weird, strange, and downright stupid enemies and factions.

At least that's how I want it to look, the comic is still relatively new, and this hiatus caused by summer college has put me in a bad spot, but I'm still chugging along.

tumblr.com/blog/cultcontrol
Comic is tentatively here while I figure out how to work a real site.

This is as important as it gets:
What kind of sound effect text do Americans use to indicate a fart?

pwwwt

Toot.

Finland

FWAAAAAAART
youtube.com/watch?v=00lfkHlJ_VM

any advice or crit?

aside from its message being pretty much backwards, it's pretty spot on aside from the leg proportions.

make the protester brown

i dun geddit, was that guy a robber?

'cops and robbers' is a traditional kids' game, basically just an excuse for one party to chase the other party. in japan it's samurai and ninja.
... presumably in this version of the game, the cops beat up the protestors whilst wearing lots of armor, because that's totally a real thing that happens and not something the media has invented to make cops look bad. Because yeah they would totally wear a bunch of hot uncomfortable armor without reason, and those TOTALLY arent thieving, looting, violent rioters they're attacking. nope. 'protestors'
we need to bring back the goddamn fire hoses. but nooo just because those were wrongly used before, that ruins it forever.

Thanks, guys. I went with "toot" (even though Finland sounded tempting as well), just because it sounds cartoonish and everyone knows what I mean.

Also, please consider this work in progress.

Nice inking.
What are you using?

Pic relatef:
Version 2 of Talon's ...thing.
Rate my pseudoscience , please.

I kind of want to put this kind of thing in the comic itself as opposed to a bonus page or character gallery. Also, unless I'm lazier than I think, the figure is just a place holder.

That's pretty cool. I'm a sucker for pseudoscience.

I don't ink, I use a turquoise lead holder with 2b and a mechanical 0.5 pencil with 2b. I wanna get 3b to make them darker. I also use brightness and contrast to clean it.

Proof of concept comic panel that an user suggested.

We ended up getting a little extra time.

I honestly don't know what to tell you about speed because I don't know what makes people slow in the first place. On some level I draw fast because I'm moving my hand fast (which seems obvious but bare with me), there's nothing I can tell you that will help with that other than just practice drawing faster.

On another level I don't always use the layers the way they probably should be used which cuts down on time. Like with lines I do individual frame layers in Manga Studio, but if i want it to go as fast as possible I do all of the tones on one multiply layer. I just color in the section I want work on in a solid bright color (one of the light dull ones) and then select it using the selector tool and then I tone that section and repeat for all sections getting tones. It's a lot faster than making a new layer every time. And if it gets too crazy I'll add another multiply layer and then another normal layer on top of that to make corrections. Stuff like that cuts down on time.

But that's mostly tricks with layering. Again if you're asking how to draw the art itself faster the only thing I could tell you is to practice drawing faster and practice drawing in pen. A lot. Once you're good at drawing something in a single pass (because you can't erase in pen) you'll find that you spend less time agonizing over sketches. Maybe.

super sorcery*
precognitive*
also i love these descriptions. this is absolutely mad in the best way.

Wow, neat.
You might want to consider a light box- if you are not already using one.

maybe i can change it to the protester saying it instead.
makes sense since i live in Mexico.
another one

its supposed to be a critique on the amount of police deployed at protest rallies and contrasted with the idea of children playing it as a game.

Thanks!

I'm actually practicing with one!

What is he doing?

whatta ya.. uh.. whattaya doin there, lieutenant?

>Mexico.
i take back everything i said. this is completely accurate satire.

also this one is cute.

also, it might work better if the riot armor was cardboard, so it looked like a kid made it

Would people be able to look at comics where the artist colours and draws like this (sort of) or would that be too offensive to the eyes?
I've always wondered.

jerking off

Does he have a pair of those ghost arms from Elfenlied?

Anons I would like your opinion on the flow of this fight sequence. I'm wondering if I need to edit in another fight page or if it flows well enough on its own. If I add in a page it will be between pages 199 and 200.

Killing the dog thing, from the looks of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=_hHDxlm66dE

is 200 (can't post it again)

Is 202

if it was a little less messy i'd be okay with it. Things don't have to be perfectly clean, but.. I'd rather cleaner than that.

This is the last page in the sequence. For context the entire fight is about 47 pages where the character fight their way through about 12 opponents. These two chicks are the last of the 12.