Why don't Brits use "zed" consistently?

You know what the fuck I'm talking about. Brits supposedly say "zed" as opposed to "zee", which I am told is reserved for North Americans. However despite this we have multiple examples of inconsistencies in the English language and in this post I am proposing a reformation of English for the English themselves.

From now on you will required to use the following replacements:
>Zedbra
>New Zedland
>Dragonball Zed
and so on

pic unrelated

Finally a good thread

I'm curious canada why do you say aboot instead of about? Also why do you end every sentence with aye?

Why do Americans say zee?

OP's picture is from Crossed comic is anyone is interested
best edgy comic ever

I read it on a storytime years ago, it's interesting

By this inane logic you should be saying bee-reakfast and ecksylophone.

New series coming in march
>pic

it's a bit too edgy at times really, a bit tryhard

desu the only top quality series is the first one
the ending was pretty touching

rest of them is just average, some boring as fuck and ugly drawn

i mean, i'm mainly interested in the story, the gore is just nice addition that makes the action dramatic
first one had the perfect story

are you reading The Walking Dead too?

It's more consistent with other consonants, many are pronounced as the letter followed by the /i/ or 'ee' sound, but no other sounds end with fucking 'ed'. Also how can you sing the some pronouncing it 'zed' you dumb nerd?

Very unhappy that people actually read schlock like this and the walking dead. Literally just poorly drawn edge with zero realism or purpose.

but Walking Dead is not edgy at all and it is much better than the TV series
do you read anything else? not asking about manga of course, i'm not a weeb

New Zealanders say z as zed and sing z as zee

Glorious French way of pronouncing the letter "Z"

>Zedbra
We do say that...

>New Zedland
Its spelt zee, so pronounced as such

>Dragonball Zed
This is more accurate to the japanese anyway

Because yanks want to be different from other english speaking countries. They even pronounce tomato wrong.

The Turner Diaries is also schlock.

I haven't read so i don't know how edgy it is, but I know that saying it's not edgy at all is grade a bullshit

>because yanks want to be different from other english speaking countries
where is this even coming from? As far as I know every English speaking country has at least some unique accents, how the hell is the US the snowflake one? And pretty sure your language had plenty of variety too, and what said doesn't even seem particularly harsh, so what exactly motivated you to post it?

There was one about dogs living in a world were something similar to Crossed happens. I don't remember the name

it's literally not, there's barely any gore
it's more focused on a community, and relationships between characters than killing the zombies, they made a fucking TV show that is normies favourite thing based on this comic

A unique accent is one thing, a nonsensical and obviously contrived change to the language is quite another.

How is changing 'zed' to 'zee' so that matches other consonants and is easier to pronounce 'contrived'? Also says the people who changed aluminum to aluminum because it 'sounds more classical' and berates the the 'um' instead of 'ium' ending despite the existence of platinum and others