The perfect film franchise doesn't exi-

>the perfect film franchise doesn't exi-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7D1CqVrGXdo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't remember anything about 3.

1 > 4 > 2.

I think the idea in two is good. But I think the fun and banter in 4 beats it.

Formula ran pretty dry by the 4th one

die hard better

My order is 4>2>1>3

But I'll concede 2 is the best film of the series, I just think 4 is the most fun

hard to argue which is words die hard 5 or lw 4

Lethal Weapon 4 is genuinely the best one
Plebs man

It would be the perfect action series if 3 wasn't the weak link.

Like, it's not a bad movie, it just feels average and like a typical sequel.

I love the continuity between the movies, even the deleted scenes are followed up on. 2 is the most entertaining to me, but the original is just so well written and executed that its the GOAT.

don't...

Which do you like more, Die Hard With a Vengeance or Lethal Weapon 4

Take off those nostalgia goggles, millennial. It was a cash grab.

They stab Jet Li with a piece of rebar, shoot him with an ak47 under water, and then Murtaugh uses telepathy to save Riggs from drowning. It's fucking lit and you know it

stop it

Here friend. Not today

Die Hard with a Vengeance, definitely. It's partly out of nostalgia because they played of on TV every so often when I was a kid in Australia and I just always had to watch it whenever it was on. Even now I watch the blu ray every so often when I feel like having a chill night at home. It's just so underappreciated, tense and well put together. I love the dynamic with Bruce and Sam, plus the idea of opening up the situation to a whole city worked really well.

Lethal Weapon 4 is memorable and a much better sequel than 3, but I don't put it alongside 1/2.

For the record though, Die Hard 4/5 can go fuck themselves. I couldn't even make it halfway through the latter. I have no idea why 4 was so well received.

Are you excited for Die Hard 6?

I... I wasn't even aware they were making one? Can you give me some deets.

This, btw

Not much new info to go off but apparently it's going to be a prequel set in the 70s. Die Hard Year One

Well, it's a step up from 5 at least.

But I have no interest in it. To me Die Hard with no Mctiernan and made now is just pointless. It's been done as good as it can be.

I'm gettin' to old for this shiieett

>I have no idea why 4 was so well received
1. It was authentic as far as a core concept of mcclane's character which was that he was a luddite who couldn't grasp this cyberwarfare bullshit, so it was a particularly heinous bind for him to find himself in and made the partnership with nerd kid believable and compelling
2. even though the action is really over the top, it still adheres to the core concept of "try some crazy shit and hope for the best", it just seems to suddenly work on a far more grandiose scale like "i can take out helicopters with sedans, and fight F16s using semi trucks"
I personally think Die Hard 4 is a fucking impossible treasure of a film, so many implausible elements come together and just work.

Happy Birthday LW4, it was released July 10, 1998. Lethal Weapon 4 has it's problems, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. I think one big issue of the movie is the writing. The 'It's going east and China's east' line is a bit of a moaner, I can only imagine Mel forgot to say 'Chinatown' because everyone in this movie talks so damn fast. I love Chris Rock and all but he is just there to give his comedy skit every few minutes for laughs, plus two comedy reliefs in a film is one too many. But the main reason this film has a bit of a special place in my heart is because not only was it one of the first few rated-R movies I ever saw, it was also one of the few films me and my family, and my cousins, actually sat down in a theater to see a movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=7D1CqVrGXdo
Do you think if modern audiences saw this movie today would they react the same way?

>I don't remember anything about 3.

The failed bomb defusing that blows up the entire building? Highway chase with the motorcycle? The shootout at the housing development under construction ? Cop killer bullets? Joe Pesci with white hair?

Motherfucker, I bet you haven't ever seen seen the movie.

It would bomb today. The John woo style of gunplay action movies is dead and buried unfortunately.

LW4 was not John Woo style, but you're correct when you say John Woo style is dead, and it died with fucking MI:2, god what an awful flick but that's what happens when you hire more than one aussie

Lethal Weapon 4 might not be quite as good as the previous three, but it's pretty good and still fucking funny.

>Riggs makes Murtaugh do the chicken dance in his underwear in the opening as a distraction. Is a running gag throughout the movie that Riggs is the one who keeps putting the newspaper article back on his desk every day.
>Riggs and Murtaugh fucking with Uncle Benny, especially the dentist scene when they accidentally get high on laughing gas
>Murtaugh thinks Chris Rock is gay for him and completely misunderstands when Rock thinks he's found out that he's actually dating Murtaugh's daughter
>Murtaugh is too embarrassed to tell anyone his family's finance situation is so good due to his wife being a successful erotica writer, making the IA think he might be on the take.

I do see a difference in cinematography in LW4, especially in comparison to the other films in the series, with the differences in camera movements and blocking. I think perhaps the studio wanted their movie to look like 'those other newer action movies'. Interesting note is that the DP, Andrzej Bartkowiak, who also filmed Dante's Peak, Speed, and Twins must have been really impressed with Let Li because he directed two other films starring him.

Franchising is one of the worst things to happen to films.

>Oh you liked that one film, lets remake it x times writing everything and everyone into the ground purely for the sake of money and the fact retards will always see this trash because their favourite character is back in it

Honestly, I'm not sure who wasn't impressed with Jet Li when he came on the scene in the late 90s, Americans had a nice dose of Jackie because of the film's they finally released here(Rumble in the Bronx, Supercop, etc), and Li was like bad ass Jackie Chan, like he had all the same acrobatics but he wasn't comedic about it, but he was definitely Shanghai Ballet because his movies like Once Upon a Time in China, and even Romeo Must Die showcased his abilities

Romeo Must Die was pretty damn comfy. Too bad his later Hollywood movies ended up being so crap.

LW4 was sorta lame. They were just trying to cash in on the latest hollywood action craze by bringing in Jet Li and funny token black man. Riggs' whole relationship thing was so bad. DH4 was again just another one of those popular "cyberterrorist action thriller" movies that were so popular in the 00's.

Don't watch past 3 in either series, that's the moral here.

>Don't watch past 3 in either series, that's the moral here.

Mission: Impossible proves this wrong.

Riggs and Murtaugh vs. Ku was to me and still is the shit.

As a kid I remembered all these movies where a black guy teams up with the better fighter and never really gets anything of note and certainly doesn't get to fight hand-to-hand with the big bad.

This fight scene subverted it all and I loved it because Murtaugh even got a few good hits in. A little too short but I'll take it.

>that one guy whooping and hollering throughout the whole scene
I miss having fun at movies

Will it happen?

Eh, sometimes it's ok. It's not like Lethal Weapon is high art film, they are simply funny and entertaining action flicks. Nothing wrong with wanting ti see the same characters in other adventures if they are likeable enough.
Ultimately they are a product for consumption, just like a fast food meal. If you enjoyed it, why not eat it again another time?

The only thing I remember was the opening, which was a complete waste of time and money.

I'll bet they blew 1/3 of their budget on that and it had nothing to do with the story.