SJW Ghostbusters 2016 is a flop

>Confronted by tepid box office for the reboot, the studio will instead focus on animated spinoffs.

>As of Aug. 7, Ghostbusters had earned just under $180 million at the global box office, including $117 million domestic. The film still hasn't opened in a few markets, including France, Japan and Mexico, but box-office experts say it will have trouble getting to $225 million despite a hefty net production budget of $144 million plus a big marketing spend. The studio has said break-even would be $300 million.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-heading-70m-loss-sequel-918515

SJW didn't win

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/25/israeli-wonder-woman-star-attacked-twitter-zionist-pro-idf-views/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ghostbusters? More like Go make me a sandwich amirite?

No shit it flopped. They alienated their fans and audience for the film. The fans spoke and won.

The fact that it even made 180 million is pretty troubling in itself, if you ask me.

note to the producers: don't base your entire marketing campaign on attacking men

case study:wonder woman. the trailer for that looks fucking awesome, and nobody's telling me that i'm a woman-hating arsehole if i don't go see it, so i'll at the very least download it when it comes out.

It's almost like the movie was bad, people responded to it as such, and so the studios spent a ton of money shitting on people for not liking it and using the outrage as a marketing ploy to get people to accept a bad movie...

Where have I seent his before..?

They didn't make a loss because they proved a point, and that is priceless. Men are too scared to see woman in a position of power, probably why so many try to criticize hillary.

see

the movie wasnt even that bad. Bunch of virgin cuckservative trump supporters hated on it, but most others didn't really care. You guys really need to come back to reality

They would need to make around $300 million to even be considered not a flop. Maybe $400 million to $500 million to consider another Ghostbusters sequel after net profit, logistics, distribution and marketing costs are taken into consideration. What a fuck up.

I respect their determination to devote themselves to their SJW agenda's over marketability, in a way I would respect an enemies traits, but it shouldn't be forced on people like it is a mainstream socially accepted demographic. The mainstream obviously aren't buying into political correctness that only suits a tiny minority or aren't interested in spending a cent on it, yet alone hard earned currency on a PC movie ticket.

> Lessons hard learned, studios. The burned hand learns best.

Try criticizing Gal Gadot for being a wooden, shit actress anywhere but Sup Forums. White knights will jump out of the woodwork to call you an anti-semetic misogynist.

>tfw sjws are turning on Gadot

breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/25/israeli-wonder-woman-star-attacked-twitter-zionist-pro-idf-views/

I expected no less from the producer who bought the rights to make Gamergate: The Movie.

>They didn't make a loss because they proved a point, and that is priceless.

Nigger this is Hollywood. Profit is all that matters.

The movie was false controversy that Sony created to market the movie.

Most women actors can't act well, frankly think getting a semipro lifter and putting them through acting class would have been a better choice.

I'm glad, and not just because of the feminist thing. I'm sick of poor remakes/reboots.

>there are movie theaters in mexico

Sheeeiiitt

This is also how I feel.

>bored
>maybe go see a movie
>check reviews and times on imdb
>suck it manbabies!
>fuck the haters!
>Patriarchy must die

Yeah, I'll pass.

Another demographically pandering movie because Hollywood has no balls, and somehow thought an online campaign of attacking anyone who wasn't seeing this is a triumph for feminism.

I don't even care, but fuck if I'm going to see a movie where the reviewers attack me.

Not surprising

Good.

Let them all eat each other.

This is what the israeli's wanted. To have a SJW nation.

Let them eat their cake.

Tissktsktsk

Why is this still being talked about?

SWEDEN NO!

It had a great IP. The 180 million is a very low number for a internationally and intergenerational loved IP.

If a new Harry Potter movie came out and only did 180 million it would be a bust no matter the production costs.

The way they marketed this movie easily killed its profit in a way. People wont watch a movie if they are attacked by it pre ads.

What?

I'm not sure....

That's what happens when your entire draw for your product is "if you don't give money to this, you're a ." Especially with a franchise whose entire fanbase is full of people who resent that.

>pro zionism
>SJW are attacking
No. White people are attacking.

Amy Pascal is making a movie about Zoe Quinn. No srsly.

Oceans 8

Will be another flop.

Kek

That one will likely do better since the last few Ocean's movies had a more diverse fanbase than Ghostbusters did.

He gave Zoey money for her story?

I'm not even mad about Zoey. Jewing the Jews.

Here's your ((((you))))

lol