Just finished, wasn't too bad

Just finished, wasn't too bad.

I empathized with the scene where Peter had to lift and carry his own weight and be his own man.

All panderings aside it was alright. Keaton was a boss as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/The_Avengers_Prelude:_Fury's_Big_Week
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I empathized with the scene where Peter had to lift and carry his own weight and be his own man.

It's a shame this version of Peter Parker has zero background and motivation.

Motherfucker, how many times does Spiderfags origin need to be done? I'm glad they skipped it.

Amazing Spider-Man 2012 wasn't too bad either

There's a difference between not making a movie dedicated to the origin and completely eliminating the gravitas of the character.

they should have just done Miles Morales instead. I don't read the comics with Miles in them but it wouldn't have further tainted classic Spiderman/Parker

was the worst spiderman to-date
kill yourself

did you like it when the nigger girl said OOGA BOOGA DAT WASHINGTON MONUMENT WUZ BUILT BY US KANGS

It's a perfectly okay spider-man movie (outside of really not knowing what to do with Aunt May and shitting the bed on her character, despite having a good actress to work with) that doesn't have anything offensively wrong with it, but there's not a lot going on under the hood. Not a lot of substance or emotional charge. (It occurs to me that even Spider-Man 3 had more emotional weight and urgency than this low-calorie little movie). Tom Holland is really fuckin great, even! He's awesome. This is just kind of a not-big-deal movie.

Marvel is an extremely competent moviemaking operation. Kevin Feige has a cohesive oversight, they budget for lots of re-writes and re-shoots and lots and lots of previs animatics (to result in a production pipeline not dissimilar from that of a CGI animated movie, which sometimes produces great storytelling like golden age Pixar, and sometimes produces Minions). You're not going to get anything as bleak and messy as a DC movie with these guys, and while that means fewer risks (like Snyder trying to make this weird, hateful postmodern deconstruction that's also marketed to 5 year olds like it's the real thing) it also means a more assured Product. Marvel is the most climate-controlled moviemaking apparatus that's currently out there. They've got this shit, as they say, on lock.

But that's just contemporary capitalism. If you wanted a story with weight and character and personality where a filmmaker gets to do their own thing, you'd go see some limited release indie shit. Or Baby Driver.

It was really wierd how Spiderman had literally no quips. How can people say this is the definitive version when Tobey is more accurate in both areas

you mean you just finished watching the camrip which you consider a massive task

DCucks sure do love the world gravitas

There wasn't any in the movie, and I really really liked it. Its not even just this movie, MCU in general has no tension.

Sony didn't need for there to be a "alright" Spider-Man

They needed Wonder Woman tier dominance. Instead Sony got something more suited for a Disney Channel movie.

Descendents II will premiere July 21 on Disney Channel by the way.

I much rather see Dove Cameron's sweet ass than those woke rachets in Homecoming.

why the fuck is he wearing his school jacket
and he are his legs proportionally small compared to his body

>Aunt May tells Peter that he's "flowering"
what did she mean by this?

believe it or not, He actually wears it for a brief scene in the movie.

I fucking hated what they did with May. Absolutely disgraceful

Well she's his aunt and he's a damn kid. They can't make her 60+ she'd be old enough to be his grandma

Its not about her age. The character was just terrible, especially compared to the fantastic Raimi interpretation

I didn't like it.

I know Raimi was involved, but the scene where Peter shoots up the school was a bit much.

This. Hot as Tomei is, something about her as May is 'off'

amazing spider man 2 was my favorite spiderman. It makes me sad that the 3rd one was canned in favor of disneyshit

it was great

does this movie take place in 2020?

the first scene happened after the battle of new york in the first avengers (2012) and then it said 8 yrs later.

It was extremely mediocre with good acting by Keaton. The character od the vulture wasnt so great

It was actually really good.

MJ is BLACK WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! thats it I'm starting a Go fund me to make to make a movie about Shaka Zulu and I'm gonna get that muther fucker played by Jim Carey just to hear the world bitch

the best part of watching Spiderman lastnight at the drivein was that Baby Driver was the second movie

Holy shit you're right

What a defeatist attitude you have towards film

>movie is set right after Civil War, where Stark is now a broken man, yet for some reason he's goofy and wacky for most of it
>Also the new Avengers building was "just finished" despite being in Age of Ultron, Ant Man and Civil War fully functional and the tower already destroyed
>Pepper out of fucking NOWHERE

what was going on with this film.

is it bad i fell in love with karen?

The bulk of the Phase one movies actually took place in 2009. Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk and Thor literally all take place in the same week. The intro to Iron Man 2 says that its 6 months after Iron Man 1, so if that really did start in 2008, which has been quoted in multiple movies, then those follow ups would be 2009. So with that in mind, that places the events of The Avengers in 2010.

It works.

>Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk and Thor literally all take place in the same week.
source on that

marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/The_Avengers_Prelude:_Fury's_Big_Week

Are you kidding? Sony still worked in their diversity contagion and made nearly everyone in the movie non-white besides (SURPRISE!) Spider-Man. Because Marvel was there, too, and they know what people want to see.

Though they've now inadvertently given Peter Parker jungle fever and even managed to do the same to the villain he's heavily paralleled with.

They did, they just painted him white. Miles is generally this ADHD.

The opening scene were he Vlogs about the Civil War shit and the latter scenes were he is fighting 'crime' and wants more, show his motivation

You mean besides not having financial problems, a fragile health or mourning her recently killed husband?

I saw this and was disappointed.

I was surprised at how good it was.

If you want me to really blow your mind

>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 took place in 2014
>Avengers Infinity War will take place in current time, meaning there will be a four year jump and this will heavily be seen in Vol 3 according to James Gunn
>Tom Holland has said the little kid that Iron Man saves from a drone at the climax of Iron Man 2 is actually kid Peter Parker meaning Peter would have been 6 at the time
>all of Dr. Strange took place in 2016 despite the implication of taking years to get to where he is by the end of the film

The MCU has some weird timeline stuff.

She was way hotter in Civil War, I think they intentionally made her less well put-together and more frumpy for Homecoming. She went from a sexy-ass MILF-type to like some aging bitch selling incense at a mall kiosk.

Lets be real, it's definitely no Spiderman 2.

Yes, it wasn't full of terrible Raimi-cheese and a 35 year old man pretending to be 20.

none? he was squaking all the time when he fought those dudes in avengers masks

No, it had a 52 year old man pretending to be 20 and Uncle Ben.

wait what movie are you even talking about
Uncle Ben was only mentioned like twice in Spider-Man 2.

meh, i prefer capeshits where the superheros stay in their own separate worlds

Why, Marvel's Iron Boy.

The Raimi movies have just as many verbal references to other Marvel things as the MCU movies, and they make even less sense. One of the potential names for Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2 is "Doctor Strange," and JJJ says "That's taken!"

I just saw it tonight. It was pretty good. I give it like a 7.5/10 or maybe 8/10.

I would've at least liked a flashback scene at some point that shows how he got his powers from the spider. Doesn't have to be long, like just a minute maybe. It just felt a bit odd to me not having something like that in there.

I think it's because everyone knows how he got his powers, and probably a wise choice by Sony to not show it. How many times are we going to have to see him get bit by a spider and uncle Ben get shot? I also think it was a neat idea to give him that special suit. We've all seen Spider-Man in dozens of iterations where he's in his normal suit or sometimes even the Venom Symbiote suit. Why not mix it up a bit?

>and probably a wise choice by Sony to not show it.
Feige was the reason for that. I think even as far back as the first Spider-man reboot, he said not to redo the origin to Pascal. Pretty sure it was in one of the leaked emails.

You can probably thank him for 80% of the good ideas in this movie.

>One of the potential names for Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2 is "Doctor Strange," and JJJ says "That's taken!"

That was just a joke bit. Back when that was made shared universes weren't all the rage like they are now.

Is that why they also got Tom Jane's Punisher stunt double to be in the movie too?

his fat friend said something like "i wanna get bitten by the spider that bit you" and he said "i killed it" so that was his backstory

I liked how the movie had the whole Say Anything, Can't Buy Me Love, teen coming of age comedy.
>That fucking spot on morning announcement show bit

Superhero movies are at their best when they're other genre movies that just happen to have superheroes in them, like how TDK is just a crime drama, with batman, or how Winter Solider was a cold war era political thriller, with Captain America.

>Winter Solider was a cold war era political thriller

Are you joking? It was a espionage-lite action movie, the political intrigue ran about as deep as Agent Cody Banks.