Now that the dust has settled... thoughts on stannis?

now that the dust has settled... thoughts on stannis?

Worst of the 5 kings

>dust
>settled
you are in for a rude awekening this season

Stannis is Syrio Forrel. Prove me wrong.

>starts his rebellion based on nothing but a letter some dude sent him where it says that his nephews are bastards, with no evidence than a book, and the work of a lying woman
>could have ended the war back in Season 2 by sending one of his ghost killers to kill Joffrey and use those worms or whatever to pray for Tommen's quick demise, thus becoming king by rightful means without having to rebel

Great king, sure

Literally Hitler, too bad they both lost.

Best character

Yeah: he's based AND coming back this season

I'm so fucking hyped I heard they catched him on set in italy I wonder if he will kill Cersei personally or will let his new bro Sandor Clegane do it for him, it'll be funny to see him with Brienne and her going "Hum, didn't I kill you sir?" and him groaning and letting out a chuckle and their shaking hands and him seeing Davos when he'll see Davos Davo's eyes will water and he'll whisper: "Me king!..." they'll hug eachother and get the throne and meet Danaerys he will marry his nephew to Daenaereys and say: when we die he will be king" the he goes on to marry Danaerys and they defeate the whitewalkers together he lead the land battle against the zombies and his wife Danaerys will lead the sky battle with their dragons they will win and hang the Ironborn userper they will be the winenners of the game of thrones

He killed his daughter.

Objectively in the worse tier of GOT characters.

plebs

Stannis is a salty self-entitled little bitch who is absolute shit at making war.

t. showcuck brainlet

The shows are the only thing we are getting, he ain't going to finish the books so complaining about peop who judge the end of the story from the show actually shows how stupid you are.

>won literally every battle he ever fought
>absolute shit at making war.

>Book has him leave to fight a battle which will not go well for him because honor demands it
>Commands his most trusted men to use the remaining warchest to gather mercenaries to press his daughter's claim should he die
>Heads off knowing his daughter may yet rule
>TV show just has him burn his daughter to ash because of a snowstorm and two feet of snow

I've honestly never seen a bigger character assassination in all of television/movies. Besides maybe the entire Dorne arc being abandoned.

I think he's really shitty but in the show he's propped up by characters you enjoy like the red witch, his daughter, and onion knight. It makes it a bit of a catch-22 when its a Stannis episode.

Yeah, cause that worked out so well for Robb Stark right?

The Mannis

>won literally every battle he ever fought
No he didn't

>lost at kings landing
>lost at winterfell
>only won against some untrained snowniggers

>thoughts on stannis?

The king we deserve and need.

>in the show he's propped up by characters you enjoy

>like the red witch

Nigger what? She's literally the worst character of the Stannis cast.

>Every battle
>Ignoring the fact that he got. BTFO at the blackwater

I'm a stannisfag but you're literally wrong.

>series already threw competent writing out the window with the bald man teleporting across the world in under 1 episode
>stannis spent entire season trying to fund an army, even episodes dedicated to funding it and traveling all around to get supporters
>meme tier joker villain pulls army out of his ass randomly with no writing to back it up no plot points, just fucking "mercenaries" that outnumber a legit army 5:1
>all characters went full blown cucks to support SJW feminist agenda
>all male characters sniveling cucks
>worst primary villain for last season, fucking retarded rise to power with poor quality writing supporting it

best time during GOT was the hound + arya having epic meta journey across the country
worst time was cuckening full close up of some fag's penis to prove how full blown SJW the show has gotten

shit character
cancerous fanbase

We don't actually see Stannis' dead body do we? How do we know Brienne didn't take pity on him?

>the king we deserve and need.

He burns people alive!

he was a faggis

I like seeing her tits so yeah

Stannis? Stannis? Who the fuck is Stannis?

Who ate haggis

The show version of Stannis is literally the worst character in the series. The showrunners intentionally made him that way because they hate the fact that he kills Renly who was their favorite of the 5 kings since he's a faggot and all.

So as a result of this, they turned a decent character from the books into a terrible cartoonish villain in the show.

There was even a video somewhere where one of the show runners talk about how Stannis would make a terrible king and Renly would be a much better king.

Mind you, this was back in season 2 when GRRM still had a little bit of say in the show. If the situation was like today, we'd see Renly killing Stannis instead. I suppose that'd be more merciful than seeing what the character turns into..

>He burns people alive!

The only people who he's 100% willingly burned were people who would've been executed by anyone else via less harsh means. Anyone else 'he' burned was when he was being duped by Mellisandre.

Unless you're a showfag and take that version as the true representation of Stannis.

He is shit. Burned his kid alive. Killed his brother. Festered the cancer that is Mel. Got thousands of people killed. All because of a crown he didn't even want. Muh true king, muh duty my ass. He got what he deserved when he got offed by that she-male gorilla's sword. I liked him at first because he was stout and uncompromising in his beliefs and in his justice but that same attitude led to his total and humiliating defeat. He was a fool and paid the price for it. Nothing more to say about Stannis. Let's just try to forget the buffoon ever existed and move on.

A complex and compelling character who was shamelessly assfucked in adaptation by D&D because they believe that the general viewship is too retarded to grasp any degree of subtlety.

So the same as every other character in this ongoing abortion masquerading as a TV show.

Dorne is nowhere near as bad. The only guy that was cucked in Dorne was Doran because he didn't get to have his Fire and Blood speach. Stannis was the guy you are supposed to rally behind after the red wedding as the new hero of act 2/3 of the overall story. In the show he was just some douche that died off screen.

The Starks behead people!

>brrr, sure is cold out, better burn my daughter alive

Went too far when he torched his daughter. I am not convinced he is dead either