Wonder Woman

Can someone give me the truth on this and nothing but the truth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b3R6nLeay3c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's pretty good. The lead characters are likeable and have great chemistry. It's not overloaded with quips. There are ten minutes towards the end where it kind of falls apart.

6/10

All the movie is Gal Gadot charisma and some cool WW1 scenes.

This. The end drags a bit but the No-Mans-Land scene is fantastic

Third act is terrible, Ares was an interesting villain until he turned into a suit of armor, and the inclusion of Ares was unnecessary to the plot. Film inarguably borrowed heavily from First Avenger. Too much grey.

I really hope nobody was stupid enough to fall for the Godkiller twist, especially when every other line from Hippolyta was "she can never know the truth!"

When there were quips, they were terrible. The boat scene talking about sex was cringey and forced. The bath scene already established an attraction.

Good characters, forced sacrifice. Wonder Woman hid in France for a 100 years.

6/10

>Film inarguably borrowed heavily from First Avenger.
Discarded

The truth is that misogynists got BTFO'd. We did it sisters!

>not asking for people to give it to you straight like a pear cider made form 100% pear

A guy named Steve flies a plane filled with bombs and performs a heroic sacrifice.

In other news, a royal from a society straight out of Western myth comes to our world to defeat a god of Conflict and Lies, and fights a giant suit of armor in the end. But we all liked Thor too.

Decent first and second act, shit ending, shit casting. Best DCEU film.

6.5/10

best cape movie in the extended cinematic universe era since Ironman. Its that fucking good, it put my faith back in cape movies, he'll i'd rate Wonder Woman higher than Ironman tb-h

Worst villain ever, Pine and Gadot are great together, beautiful dreary landscape juxtaposed to Gadots costume is incredible.
Overall 8/10, needs a better villain

I liked it better than the other capeshits
Still capeshit though, if you expect kino you're gonna end up disappointed. But good entertainment.
solid 6/10

Gal a cute btw

I noticed the Captain America thing too. Kinda ruined it for me.

Why couldn't he sacrifice himself in a different way, like holding down enemy fire to give his friends a chance to escape, or taking a bullet for Diana? Even if it's cliched, that'd be better than plane!

Better than Winter Soldier? Really? You liked it THAT much?

If that's the best you can do you have no argument.

Winter Soldier is overrated tripe.

definitely. it was light hearted, Gadot and Pine's chemistry was amazing. the only flaw really was Ares, had to stop myself laughing since he's literally the skyrim guy.

also Winter Soldier isn't good ffs

This desu.

If you like capeshit it's one of the best ones, the best in 2017
>inb4 lelgan

If you don't like capeshit then you won't like it, it's a love letter to the genre without trying to be self aware for comedic reasons like the MCU or deconstructive like the DCEU

Delusional

I loved when Cap was born in a immortal man-only island created by a god to stop the god of war from corrupting the humanity, saves a foreign spy from a plane wreck, he and his friends fight a modern group of soldiers with old weapons in their island, learns about the outside world from the spy and becomes convinced that the god of war is manipulating humanity into an never ending war and leaves the island only to find himself in a fish out of the water situation in which he has to learn about the modern ways while trying to convince his spy friend of the existence of the god of war, they go to the front to stop the mass production of a lethal gas, he uses his magical powers to cross no man's land and finally they find that the bloodthirsty general isn't the god of war but the guy who was negotiating the peace treaty knowing full well that those negotiations were going to cause WW2 even if his german minions failed to destroy london with their gas

But yeah she has a shield, I hope they don't get sued

That's a pretty good argument user.

Basically this.

So... it's more like Thor than Captain America. Thanks!

Grasp that straw shill, maybe Spider-Man will stop flopping then

MCUck BTFO

How is it like Thor?

It's far and away the best DCEU movie and can sit in the same company as some of the better Marvel movies. That said, it's nothing truly spectacular, and also suffers from being a tad too long as well as the mandatory "oh we have to have a big fight now" end sequence. Pretty much all superhero movies in this mould suffer from that though. Fun/10

Also Gal Gadot is surprisingly not shit.

See

Does flopping mean something different where you come from?

So it's even less like Thor than it is like Cap, gotcha

Oh my god I see it.

>a movie with Spider-Man AND RDJ barely made more than WW domestically on opening weekend
>is dropping like a rock every day
lmao it's going to underperform

I actually thought it was weirdly sexist to women.

>Wonder Woman objectified almost the whole way through
>Constantly asking dumb questions
>Everyone thinks she can't do shit till she shows them how to btfo them all
>Can't save the day, needs a man to finish the job

Am I alone here?

Completely standard capeshit fair.

I think having the lowest opening in a movie with RDJ as Iron Man since Iron Man 1 (not even that when adjusted) and having a 50% drop friday to thursday means flopping everywhere, but I haven't travelled much

Friday to sunday*

It's a good film. By far the best DC film, but not the best cape film generally. It represents hope that DC an actually put out more, and I hope they do.

I was also surprised by everyone in the movie constantly making a point of WW's looks. I always avoid reviews and discussions of films I haven't seen so I wouldnt have heard any non-Sup Forums sources discussing it, but I'm certain that if WW had a male director it would have been slated for it.

6-7 out of ten seems fair, it had enjoyable parts but the ending felt like a let down. The twist at the end seemed obvious. People on here have made some good points on whether it had First Avenger inspiration or not, but to me watching it the first time it felt too similar to be the god tier movie people are praising it as. The friends I saw it with really enjoyed it though so i'm happy they could appreciate it.

Now they are saying Steve is gonna return in the second one, so i assume he's gonna be a highly trained assassin with a metal arm that WW will have to stop.

Gal is pretty cute

>a demigod rooted in Greek mythology is drawn into the world and conflicts of man when the Great War arrives on her shores, vowing to defeat the God of War because of a prophecy drummed into her and her people by a Pantheon of dead Gods

>a super powerful alien with roots in Norse mythology is banished to Earth after jeopardizing the lives of himself and others upon falling prey to hubris, and must regain his worthiness of title and powers, along the way being antagonised by a powerful magic using alien with a penchant for mischief

?

>implying he didn't become a green lantern for his sacrifice and display of will for the greater good

You need to separate things to understand it.

About the movie, generic capeshit. Origin story, "chosen one" edition, good WW design, dumb plot twist and forgetable villain with DC typicall Dragon Ball Z farfectched duel in the end. Best character was Chris Pine, bitch's love interest. Gadot is a joke, can't act, tranny body, got the role for being a kike. 6/10 in general, 7/10 in the best scenario. Basically Captain America 1 rip of with a demigoddess. In essence, any Animated Series is far superior than this movie version.

About the public and media reception, 0/10: feminazis calling her "man's slave", SJWs complaining about everything, "normal" women praising her and normal men avoid giving their real opinions (afraid of feminism backslash). In the very end, everything is used for marxist propaganda, even capeshit movies - and this is a cancer nowadays.

In the very end, I don't give a shit if it's a woman or the first real female super hero movie. It's completely irrelevant. But feminism and SJW troops, especially around the web, can't allow that - and that's beyond retard.

>she has a shield and there is a war going on so it's like Captain America
You know what, you marvel shills had enough BTFO these months so I'll allow this meme

>implying he won't become a black lantern in the inevitable blackest night adaptation
lmao

I thought this too. We went in expecting some kind of empowering woman and what we got was essentially a ditsy, ignorant and confused girl that was massively capable. I felt more like I was watching a superhero movie about a child with super powers. She kept wanting to do stuff and Chris Pine was like the dad shutting her down all the time. "Diana no, bad girl, you can't do that, no no".

She was strong, but basically a dumb child and I guess that's what they were going for.

It was ok, I have no desire to see it again tho.

Shitiest discussion of movie ever
This thread needs to die
The movie was very flawed

I apologize
The opinions at the end of the thread are more spot on

Pleb
Accurate

The amount of praise and hype for this movie is definitely too much. BvS was better for sure. Wonder Woman is a generic hero. The use of slow motion fighting was totally corny and awful. Every time WW went to strike a blow, everything slowed down for slow mo and it totally ruined any sense of realistic physics or anything. Like it really obviously was 2 CGI people DBZ tier fighting and that's really immersion breaking and shit. So that alone has to bring it down. The end villian was a let down. The WW1 shit was alright, but you can't think about it too hard or else it makes no sense. WW as a character is like superman in that they are OP and aren't exactly human and have a hard time adjusting to our retarded societies cause they aren't mortal. So putting them in with normal people makes the character interactions feel cheesy. The "german" villains were horribly cheesy too. The english soldiers they fought with were alright. Just way too much corny and cheesy overall. Predictable as shit towards the end, the best part was the weird lore of the beginning with claire underwood riding horses. 6/10 would be a fair grade since it's still bettter than marvel shit, because Gal is fine in her role, passionate and stupidly hot, decent actor, Chris Pine is kind of annoying sometimes but overall likable. At least now we can move on to justice league or some shit now that WW has her backstory explained

Have you seen any superhero movie before? It's a well made one of those.

6/10 fun but forgettable movie. Adjusted by capeshit standards, easy 8/10 with Spider-Man 2 and TDK being 9.5/10 and nothing being 10/10. If the standard of the genre improves, this movie will fall from this rating, but seeing Homecoming it looks like it won't happen anytime soon

>Can't save the day needs a man to do it

It's called reality. You'll find out.

youtu.be/b3R6nLeay3c

Wonder Woman was too innocent
Tried too hard to mirror Snyder's Man of Steel
Wonder Woman is represented as Jesus
Although I liked the fact that she went from thinking the Germans were at fault, to believing there was no good side, to finding out a Brit caused the war.

6/10 at the absolute most.

Wonder Why the JEWS dont want Wonder Women 2 to be set during WW2

Dont want studios fucking with the LIES by saying a magic space women save them from being cooked by BIG BAD HITLER

> fuck up every other part of histoy just dont fuck with our narrative "LIES"

so what she was doing during WW2

its an alright movie and the best capeshit film in a decade

ww's character was strong but not overbearing and the male characters in the film were strong to. a tough line to walk but the movie did a good job.

gal has a hairy pusy

If they set it in WW2 you'd just swap your crying to "le jooz are making another WW2 movie!"

shouldnt you be out buying more tinfoil?

Is this wonder woman a real ovenfu?

Proof?

I think it's mostly because they are worried about normal fags mixing it up with all the Marvel WW2 shit.
They'll also need to watch out with the Darkseid stuff in their movies now as most people without a clue will think of him as a Thanos ripoff.

basically two hours of "love conquers all" and the most stupid supervillain EVER.

DC managed to ape and somehow refine the MCU formula. Its a formulaic piece of shit with no rewatch value but makes you feel good, has some jokes and good chemistry. Its a marvel movie with dc characters. Thats the reason it was well received.

Jenkins doesnt have the technical know how to direct big scenes on blockbusters.

I wouldn't call it bad. Just pleasant mediocrity. Tho I liked Ares, his english mustache and his UNLIMITED POWER moment

SM2 is a love letter to the genre. DoFP is a love letter to the genre. Hulk 2003 is a love letter.

WW is not.

Logan > WW > GotG2

Haven't seen Spider-Man but looks bad