What's after capeshit?

What's after capeshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/9969571-ready-player-one?from_search=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kaiju kino

?

a dark age that lasts until they find something else

i really hope its that set of teen horror/horror flicks that got pumped out between 96 to 2002ish again
you know what I mean? the ones with Clea DuVall and the likes in them all

Hollywood anime adaptions

Smurfshit.

prepare your anus for 10 years of Avatar threads on Sup Forums

video game shit

Fuck no.

fuck yes, weebs on suicide watch

This, but it will morph together into some kind of post-geek monstrosity, where Hollywood will make scripts around geek/pop culture references.
It'll start next year, get ready.

video game movies

>things that have been going on for as long as modern capeshit

>What's after capeshit?
you'll die before you see it end, because kids are born every day and capeshit can be rebooted for them indefinitely.

We're talking 10 high budget movies a year lad

Spy movies like Man from UNCLE and Kingsman

I need an abortion themed superhero

Vidya shit

Hmmmm, sounds familiar if you mix these 2 together.

garbage anime like this turning into somewhat less garbage movies

Stop posting anime

I really hope this flops

Cowboy movies will come back and will be actually good again.

>tfw you still want to see an Eva movie directed by Michael Bay just for the pure shitshow that it'll be

The easiest way to predict is to take what kids are being raised on, and extrapolate it out to an action film. I expect the next wave of this shit to be pretty absurd.

I for one, can't wait for the upcoming Connect-Four movie universe.

remakes of classics and unnecessary sequels

already started with planet of the apes, godzilla, king kong. star wars, star trek, alien

not that these are bad movies, but their success will breed more remakes which will inevitably be made more cheaply, in an effort to cash in. so expect alot of shoddy remakes of your favourite films

remakes will include

indiana jones (or a sequal with his newly found daughter being the lead role now, she also has her fathers name because reasons)

a clint eastwood film will be remade (one of the older ones)

lord of the rings (or an adaption of one of the silmarillion stories from tolkien's universe)

pirates of the caribbean (more unnecessary sequels)

popular anime shit made into filom, naruto, dragon ball z, other nerd shit)

Me too m8.
I remember reading some of the exerpts from the book posted here.
Boy, oh boy, it was tumbler-fanfiction-tier bad.

more capeshit. didn't marvel already say their prepping to step into phase 4 or some shit after the avengers have been beaten to death?

I honestly think they're going to just start doing generational reboots of long dead franchises.

I'm surprised they haven't rebooted the godfather yet.

oh and also i think i read that michael bay said that they had like 14 more transformers movies lined up. yes, we really need all of those. :\

I just won't watch them, idiot.

ghost in the shell tanking might've nipped this in the bud

Why do you hate me?

Your Name and Spirited Away are up first.

You better believe I'm going to watch them. Even if they suck, I can still get a kick out of Hollywood trying and failing to do anime right.

What the fricking heck is this?

The book that taught me what people meant when they call something Reddit

Evangelion would be more lucrative because of brand recognition.
I belive they even tried to put something together since like 2005, but I think it died around 2016.

Literally, unironically, indubitably reddit

Holy shit. Is this the american equivalent of SAO?
Are there even any good waifus to compensate the huge shitstain this book is?

Supposedly me

Hollyjewd claims their adaptation if my book series "will be the next Harry Potter"

Guess the series faggots. Will post pic with timestamp of you guess correctly.

The MC's waifu is a fat girl with a horrible birthmark who uses a sexier avatar to be a gamer gurl e-celeb

Hollywood eroge adaptation when?

I could see them doing Evangelion but the source material is so multilayered it would be an absolute disaster. Your Name and Spirited Away grossed far more than all the Evangelion movies combined. They seem like safer picks to me. Hollywood execs aren't exactly the brightest though especially when it comes to adapting anime.

This.

>yfw James Cameron's Battle Angel Alita adaptation bombs and kills his career

As anons mentioned Reddit: The book, that will be adapted by the Spelberg into a movie in 2018 I belive.

To give you a quick idea of how bad it is - plot revolves around fiding tresure inside some kind of second world type of virtual reality. The guy who hid the tresure and designe the whole system was also total geek/nerd and clues to the tresured are hidden and soaked with 80' nostalgia and references to pop culture. I think Spielberg had some copyright issies adapting the thing, because the final showdown literally involves characters fighting with Gundams.

Video game adaptations. It won't last long either, mostly just an indicator of the collapse of both industries

>the source material is so multilayered it would be an absolute disaster
Unironically this. Eva may be pseudo-deep at times, but this is ultimately true.

Don't forget that to get there, they had to play through the last game the guy made before he died; the main character's new favorite genre: literally re-enacting movie scenes word for word. There's also that multi-page passage where he just namedrops "nerdy" shit forever.

Someone post it already, a few pages where he just lists everything he's read, played, seen, etc

more capeshit

Consoles have one more generation before they die. Next gen the hardware will basically just be standard computer hardware though. Computer manufactures will begin heavily marketing cheap gaming computers for those who don't know how to build their own or those who just don't want to. After next gen Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo will become third party publishers and developers.

/thread

If that was true, then any conse shouldn't succseed in the Eastern Block, since it was always more cost effective to buy PC rather than console.

horror or kaiju.

Stay the fuck away from my anime, Jews.

Didn't GiTS teach you a lesson?

Microsoft is clearly pushing the industry that way, but I doubt Nintendo will fall. Unlike pretty much everyone else, their consoles aren't just gimped PCs

Yeah, all in fun. Until the same thing happens to anime that happened to comics, with comics adopting plot points and characterizations from movies to make them easier to adapt.

You can ignore the Hollywood Jews all you want, they'll still fuck your medium in the ass.

Capeshit is still going strong as ever, are you people going on about anime adoptions being the next capeshit actually serious?

The anime people are fucking idiots, but capeshit is definitely running out of time. You can hear when you talk to average moviegoers, they praise the cape flicks that are "different." They're tired of the formula and we'll probably see their popularity start seriously dropping within the next few years. Certainly by the time Infinity War finishes

The part about God is pretty fucking hilarious too. Legitimately reads like a post on /r/atheism (I assume)

>implying hollyjews wont throw themselves at any opportunity to make more money

This.

>opportunity to make more money

People want to see Batman, not some weebshit.

That's it. What celebrities do I need to murder to put an end to this?

Who is your precious sacred cow, Sup Forums? Give me their name.

Genuinely the most fedora thing ever published

You people seriously underestimate just how many people under 30 grew up with anime.

I feel like if a studio wanted to do live anime adoptation the safest series would be cowboy bebop. Normies could easily get into that movie franchise without a lot of work

Which is why it will succeed. "References" are the in-thing.

Equestrian kino when?

The reviews of this book are also pretty fun to read. It's either "OMG NERDGASM" or "wtf is this shit"

goodreads.com/book/show/9969571-ready-player-one?from_search=true

Surely if anything, they'll try to adapt manga and lightnovel trash before the anime can be made.
That way when people watch there'll be a large segment of the audience who will say the Hollywood version was better.

Yeah, they're extremely gimped last-gen PCs with mobile phone technology gimmicks and...

you know what?

I still love Nintendo. No matter how far they fall, they're still plateaus above and beyond every other major developer in terms of understanding what a game actually is.

Their hardware is shit though, and so are their gimmicks. They know it. You know it. We all know it.

Isn't that one of Sup Forums's sacred cows? Does Hollywood want to get bombed?

the stuff of legend?

I'm not saying anime is unpopular in the West, I'm saying it will never be popular as the yearly Hollywood blockbusters. The vast majority of anime adaptations are flops in every possible way. Even the relatively well done ones, like Speed Racer, aren't popular. It's a terrible medium to try and convert to film. You lose everything that makes it unique in the process, and don't gain particularly notable plots, meaning you drive away the original fanbase and don't manage to replace it with a standard film going audience. Anime will never work in Hollywood

They don't care because the cartoon is still there

The death of Hollywood

Cowboy Bebop is too mainstream for Sup Forumsnons to openly like it.

Wtf, I didn't know.

Their gimmicks are great. I loved the Wii and I love the Switch. I liked playing my friend's Wii U well enough when it was one of the handful of games that really took advantage of the tablet spectacularly. If I gave a shit about graphics I wouldn't still be playing games on a 240p DS, so hardware strength doesn't matter to me. As long as the consoles they put out inspire new kinds of games to play I'm happy.

As long as Keanu plays Spike, everything will turn out alright. He wouldn't betray us... right?

I mean, even if he couldn't save the project, at least the kung fu will be good.

Nah, Sup Forums likes it, there's just nothing to talk about. It's not built for endless theory debates or waifu wars, and everyone generally agrees it's pretty good, so where do you go from there?

>cartoon

How to Suck Dicks: A Visual Guide

Anime is literally the japanese trying to say the french word for cartoon

That applies to 100 different young adult series.

Don't worry, trash like Umaru will remain untouched in the gutter.

Yes, Japanese cartoons.

Oh, absolutely, but I can't help but cringe when console manufacturers are giving their machines less RAM than last-gen mid range PCs. RAM is cheap as fuck and makes a world of difference in a multimedia machine.

Being able to browse the web, download apps, listen to music, read ebooks, and watch movies isn't THAT big of a deal, but it's so easy to cater to, yet they all seem to half-ass it.

that and it is supposed to feel lonely, so talking about it seems out of place

>so where do you go from there?

This is, sadly, the death of discussion for nearly every great work of media.

>The vast majority of anime adaptations are flops in every possible way.

Because they always want to adapt things that are batshit insane and only work as animation.
It could work if they went for animes/mangas that are more grounded in reality.

I disagree. It's the death of discussion for good media. Great media inspires endless conversation. Even if a bunch of it is shitposting, Madoka will never stop getting threads

Eldritch kino

A flanderized, pulpish version of Lovecraft's work with none of the mood and nuance, and 250% more tentacles and fedora-tipping moments.