The fact that this shit is getting so much praise around here shows how fucking much the world has changed. Actually...

The fact that this shit is getting so much praise around here shows how fucking much the world has changed. Actually, I take that back. The final act of the film was pretty good, but the rest was fucking putrid

>movie opens with iphone video diary shit
>quips fucking everywhere
>Peter now has Ned, a fat philipino friend who wants to be his "guy in the chair"
>Vulture selling alien weapons for 8 years and no one seems to give a shit
>Flash is smaller than Peter
>Peter's suit has that fucking Jarvis shit in it, so now Peter has YET ANOTHER unnecessary character that wasn't in the comics to quip with
>the suit also has all those high tech calculations ("98% success rate"). Way to take out Spider-Man's courage and spidey sense
>Vulture figures out that Peter is Spider-Man in about 30 seconds yet no one else does ("herr derr isn't weird that Spider-Man was at the Washington Monument when he's only been seen in Queens? Oh by the way, where's Peter?"
>Ned ends up becoming the "guy in the chair" (which Peter doesn't fucking need)
>no mention of Uncle Ben
>le edgy Michelle is actually "MJ"

But as I said, the final act was good. Once Peter goes to pick up Liz and realizes her dad is Vulture, it becomes a real movie (this film has like 6 screenwriters, so I guess this is why it was so all over the place). And it was also the only time in the movie we see Peter fight without that fucking Jarvis suit (but of course he gets that shit suit back at the very end).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SHPIRBeTh8E
youtu.be/BoVke75pO5U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The final act of the film was pretty good

Fuck off shill

>hates the first 2/3rds of the film, as well as shit at the end
>shill

Ugh. Let's do this shit

And?

What?

>Peter now has Ned, a fat philipino friend who wants to be his "guy in the chair"
And?

Okay fine you get this one.

This isn't how modern bullying works. It's mainly just assholes.

>Peter's suit has that fucking Jarvis shit in it, so now Peter has YET ANOTHER unnecessary character that wasn't in the comics to quip with
I liked Karen, she sounds hot.

>the suit also has all those high tech calculations ("98% success rate"). Way to take out Spider-Man's courage and spidey sense
Didn't do any of these.

>Vulture figures out that Peter is Spider-Man in about 30 seconds yet no one else does ("herr derr isn't weird that Spider-Man was at the Washington Monument when he's only been seen in Queens? Oh by the way, where's Peter?"
Vulture is pretty smart, don't forget that Spiderman deepened his voice and it was a brief moment at the Washington Monument.

Kinda does.

>no mention of Uncle Ben
And?

She's nothing like MJ. They are just trying to show how important her character is gonna be in the future.

>no mention of Uncle Ben

these are the only ones I'll give you

>This isn't how modern bullying works. It's mainly just assholes.

Faggot, there is still a lot of phisical bullying everywhere, there is not "modern bullying"

Also shitty cgi

Wait did you just try to reason with capeshit? If you want to dissect it further you have to acknowledge that the whole thing is fucking STUPID.

Capeshit is STUPID.

>hating quips on a spider-man movie

kys

>Ugh.
stopped reading there, try not posting like a massive faggot next time

>Capeshit is STUPID.
OP here. I agree, but that doesn't mean that there isn't capeshit that I like (Spider-Man 1,2, Dark Knight Trilogy (even Rises), Iron Man 1, Wonder Woman, X-Men 1,2, First Class, DoFP, Logan).

This had so much potential.

I'm not against comedy in any movie, but holy crap this was an 80% quipfest between Peter and Ned or Karen. Totally unnecessary and not that funny.

Spider-Man stopping that guy breaking into the car only to find out the guy is the owner of the car was funny.

Spider-Man is best when he's quiping with thugs and villains not two unnecessary sidekicks.

>Logan
>DoFP
>meme night trilogy
That's a weird way to spell Hulk, Guardians Of The Galaxy and Thor

great film

No point in reasoning with these cunts. They'll take any opportunity to shit on this film because it's different to their sacred lore, even though they never read the comics and only know the Tobey Maguire films.

>inb4 yeah I read the comics
No you didn't

>meme night trilogy
Now you're trying too hard to be contrarian.

>they never read the comics
Remind me again where in the comics does Peter have a fat friend who constantly spouts out quips? Remember in the comics where Peter's suit was built by Iron Man and talks to him, and gives him hundreds of different web shooting patterns? Didn't Spider-Man have spidey sense in the comics? Now he has Karen to spout chances of success percentages at him.

Oddly enough Andrew Garfield quipping with the villains was more "Spider-Man" than all the other movies.

I've liked every marvel movie so far (outside of iron man 2 and avengers 2) was way hyped for Spiderman and was completely let down. It just wasn't that good at all. Peter came off like a dumbass, vulture wasn't even a villian he was just a good boy who did bad things for muh family, and dear lord that twist was stupid and random. And don't get me started on all the racial pc crap. Marvel really dropped the ball not the worst movie ever. But a big disappointment.

Thanks for proving my point you spastic mong.

What did I prove? You're going on and on about "muh comics" meanwhile tons of shit in this film was nowhere in the comics.

How he proved your point?

>tfw spidermans suit wouldn't shut the fuck up

Did the people who wrote this not read a spiderman comic

>quips everywhere
>what??

The quips didn't bother me but to act like they weren't in the movie is stupid

The only thing that was truly wrong with it was the MJ who isn't Mary Jane and the Flash that isn't Flash Thompson. Both totally unnecessary.

>I liked Karen she sounds hot

He's just baiting ignore all of this

>And?

fucking amazing argument mate

Flash Thompson was HORRIBLY miscast, whats so wrong with casting a jacked white guy huh?

and Michelle Jones or "MJ" was kind of a shit character. I didn't need that bullshit tip of cap at the end of the movie shoved in my face.

other than that, I quite enjoyed it. Felt like the only Spooder movie that actually got Peter Parker's personality right IMO.... but the lack of Spider Sense was kind of stupid, I'll give you that

It's not even Flash Thompson. Just some random called DJ Flash.

>Peter's suit has Jarvis shit in it

Please tell me you are joking.

we can all hope
its basically the Iron Spider suit while retaining the look of the classic spider suit

youtu.be/SHPIRBeTh8E

You have to admit this was awesome. Now if only the rest of the music was as good.

I thought i was the only one who disliked the movie. It left me feeling strange, and didn't make sense.

Like in what way did Peter mature or grow in comparison to the end of the movie? He wanted to be a avenger and then not? For what reason?

Why did Stark scold him, take away his suit for trying to catch a bad guy, then later does the exact same thing and gets an invitation to be iron spider... WTF

>Marvel really dropped the ball not the worst movie ever. But a big disappointment.
Sony had final creative decision making and it looks like Pascal had quite the influence on the overall project.

First Hulk movie sucks, get over it muchacha

Why against they made this deal with sony?

spider-man: nigger dawn

AGREED! I loved the banter with the bad guys in Andrews films.

This spider man seemed so weak and had no confidence.

Peter Parker is a dweeb and nerd, but when he puts on the costume he's supposed to be a dick to all the villains, while trying to do the right thing.

That contrast in the character wasn't there.

i'm talking about the one with the fight club guy

> she sounds hot
It's the voice of this chick

>2017
>still watching capeshit
I mean, hell, OP, I don't know how to tell you, or anyone else ITT who still watches this shit: You're fucking retarded and should try out /r/movies or if there's a dedicated capeshit subreddit.

Ok, that one was ok

Do you think he switched Hector pills before this arms deal?

>ugh
Stopped reading right here, did a 360 and turned the computer off

>, but holy crap this was an 80% quipfest

No it wasn't

>0.05 dollars have been deposited into your account

Because Marvel really wanted to introduce Spider-Man into the MCU and probably didn't want Sony to poison the character further.

Sony didn't know what to do with the Spider-Man. Adjusted for inflation the Amazing Spider-Man films are the lowest grossing entries in SM "franchise" (not mention most poorly reviewed as well) and ASM2 didn't make anywhere near what it was supposed to make.

Although Marvel kind of put themselves on an unstable ship. Sony could renege at anytime they choose, gets last word on the solo films, and receives 100% of the box office revenue. How long until this deal falls apart?

>lack of Spider Sense
I was almost certain he used it in Civil War to dodge Cap's shield from behind.

> I was almost certain he used it in Civil War to dodge Cap's shield from behind.

youtu.be/BoVke75pO5U

And I prefer Spider-Man/Parker's portrayal in Civil War.

How was he using his webslingers and overall maneuverability so smoothly in Civil War, but a months later in Homecoming he's constantly tripping all over himself?

Why do people love quips?

Its integral to his character.

Parker is a nerd that gets picked on in school by the stronger more popular guy.

But when he becomes spider man he becomes the bully to the bad guys picking on them. Its a nerds wet dream to be spider man and do that ( picking on people for the good lolz)

In Homecoming, when was poo in the loo Flash picking on him? He was more or less being a dick (but not even that much of a dick).

Making up percentages and deciding that was the whole script is what stupid people do. i.e., you

>If Cap wanted to, he would have laid you out.

Lol. I guess Marvel caught wind of all the retards saying untrained, had my powers a few months Spider should have been able to best Cap.

>Spidey suit now has jarvis
>no spidey sense

Havent seen it and never will
This makes me fucking sick to my stomach

At 00:22, isn't that spidey sense? Or is that what you were trying to show? He seems to be variably aware of his surroundings depending on the situation. I think they gave it to him but made it inconsistent and subtle, so it was hard to see.

>putrid

Do you just spend all your days in a basement being a pathetic little shithead?

NACHOOOOOOOO

This was my favorite Spiderman and my third favorite Spiderman movie but can admit there is some messed up stuff in it.

They should have chosen one PC quote and cut one, having both was just hostile. I would cut the quip about Indians, I don't even know if it helped the scene that much. With MJ at least she said she was going to protest so if she said 'Washington Monument was built by slaves' that was just a character building moment.

Honestly, Sup Forums is right and everyone just gets taught that all whites are evil and never gets any other history than 'genocide, slaves, civil rights' its no wonder everyone wants to genocide white people.

Secondly, the casting in this movie was so weird and random. Everyone was just legitimately the only person of a different race other than white they could find with no vision on how everyone should look. I actually enjoyed seeing all the different races and people though, just felt weird mostly like they took kids from actual high schools and stuck them in. I found the multiculturalism refreshing though unlike most people.

Quips are actually pretty decent I dunno.

Flash was totally random yeah its what I am talking about, fidelity to the source was compromised for racial variety.

I realize it's not the way flash is supposed to be but it honestly gave me memories of high school in a kind of 'goddamn THAT kid that was a dick when he didn't need to be' also I thought the actor was good and he was humorous, the DJ was a little cringey though. But he actually seemed like he didn't hate hate Peter, he just liked messing with him. He seems like the kind of guy who would actually be there for him if he really needed it, and no one else was around to tease him for doing so.

I dunno, I enjoyed this Flash

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME SPIDER MAN MAKES QUIPS?

HOW BAD CAN THEY SCREW UP A CHARACTER.

NAME ONE INCARNATION OF SPIDERMAN WHERE HE MAKES QUIPS. NAME JUST ONE

>Ugh
>And?
>What?

>I found the multiculturalism refreshing though unlike most people.
Thats because you're a giant faggot.

Why was Spiderman's suit so easy to hack into and modify? Surely the suit would have some basic security preventing it from being hacked by a couple of teenagers.

Why would the door to Damage Control's vault allow someone to attempt over 2000 combinations? Any remotely secure system would have locked them out after a couple of attempts.

Why didn't the glowy thing kill everyone in the elevator despite completely obliterating the structural integrity of its surroundings?

Why didn't the Staten Island Ferry immediately sink when it was cleaved in two? How would a few sticky webs between the two halfs stop it from sinking?

Because BULL-SHIT

>YOU MEAN TO TELL ME SPIDER MAN MAKES QUIPS?
SPIDER-MAN makes quips with the people he's fighting/stopping their crimes. In this film PETER makes tons of quips with Ned. Then Spider-Man makes tons of quips with Karen. And oddly enough makes barely any quips with the bad guys. That's the difference. He's now in constant quip-mode.

>admits one thing he likes in a post otherwise shitting all over it
>shill

Man, it's either off or it's on with you autists.

>haven't seen it and never will.
IM-FUCKING-PLYING. Yes you will you fucking slut, who the fuck d'you think you are

Best part of the movie was the intro marvel scroll song. It got a huge grin on my face

I love doesn't everything about the movie.10/10, bravo Marvel

>last scene
>Iron Man is talking to Peter Parker
>there is actually a huge press conference full of journalists behind the door
wtf?
isn't Spiderman's identity a secret?
what was Tony Stark going to do if he accepted to join the Avengers?
there's no way that a journalist wouldn't have seen Peter Parker and Tony Stark together IN THE VERY NEXT ROOM and figure out that Peter Parker is Spider Man
Or how about checking what kind of random high school dude just happens to be flown from NYC

>isn't Spiderman's identity a secret?
>what was Tony Stark going to do if he accepted to join the Avengers?
I guess this was going to happen

Actually, the Karen quips were the only funny ones in the movie. This thing felt much like a Bendis story with the exception of Vulture.

This Peter gives zero shits about his secret identity, he just suits up in crowded places in the age of smartphones even though he has no spider-sense. He's a fucking idiot.

This Flash is not even relevant enough to be in the movie, all he did is call Peter a Penis, original flash was pretty complex character for a bully that's what made him memorable.

S-stop it mr Mickey

Thought that was great.

Spider-Man is one of the very few heroes where that's actually okay.

What's the criticism here? That he's fat, hat he's philipino, that he's friends with Peter or that he wants to be part of the superhero thing?

I enjoyed that. He's just an awkward kid geeking out over an awesome new toy to play with. And then as you said, he ends up going to a shitty costume for the final fight, which is a complete reversal of the typical superhero formula where they have a shitty one for the first act and then get an upgrade for the big boss battle. I thought it was handled really well.

That's the final straw, but that's not how he figures it out. He'd already said that he found Peter's voice familiar and then exactly as he's thinking about that his daughter mentions that Peter knows Spider-Man. The Washington Monument thing was just him confirming what he already suspected.

>no mention of Uncle Ben
He was mentioned.

Agreed - and double-agreement with MJ. That really pissed me off.

Honestly consider it the second-best Spider-Man film. Probably 8/10.