/éire/

timeline edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hNVmV3KtrSc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Tony hawk series died after the first underground game. Everything after that wash utter shite. THUG in itself was revolutionary but after it they just became tryhard meme games where it was just hurr durr we're jackass now.
Skate was a great series. So much fun.

Morning all

So what're the lads doing today?

ur mudder

>THUG in itself was revolutionary but after it they just became tryhard meme games where it was just hurr durr we're jackass now.
Thought it was a bit shit. 4 was the best and that was literally Jackass: The Game.

>woman decides to become a prostitute
>man pays her for her services
>both consent
>the man is a criminal but the woman isn't
Why are prostitution laws so retarded?

It has nothing to do with men and women. The person paying for prostitution is the criminal as they're financially contributing to and enabling the sex trade. The other party is often not consenting but feels forced into the role due to being trafficked and having no means to work legally or being intimidated by pimps.

>Leo Varadkar says he will campaign to liberalise Ireland's abortion laws

I wonder if his timing after a poll showing the public support repeal by a 2:1 margin is just coincidental.

But the person working for the sex trade is contributing to and enabling it even more. Besides, the sex trade is not an inherently bad thing. A safe sex trade without pimps, such as one regulated by a nation's government, could only be a good thing.

>But the person working for the sex trade is contributing to and enabling it even more.
They're often put into a situation where they have no choice. Are you familiar with the work of traffickers where they offer passage and residence to women in other countries before revealing they must work in their sex trade upon arrival to remain there. Being illegals, poor and coming from a troubled country they have very little choice.

>A safe sex trade without pimps, such as one regulated by a nation's government
Yes, but this is Ireland so we'll be waiting a long time for a modern, progressive ruling like that to come into force. We'll just pretend it's not happening and everything is fine in the meantime.

>the "all prostitutes are victims" meme

>They're often put into a situation where they have no choice. Are you familiar with the work of traffickers where they offer passage and residence to women in other countries before revealing they must work in their sex trade upon arrival to remain there.
But those women chose to break the law by moving illegally into a country, which is completely unfair on people who work hard to actually get into a country through the proper means.

>We'll just pretend it's not happening and everything is fine in the meantime.
Sounds good to me. An Irish solution to an Irish problem.

Breaking one law shouldn't make it a free for all on your human rights.

Sorry to disturb your general, but I have quick question:

What do you guys think of Poles? I'm moving to Dublin next year and I will live there for a while (medical school), but my parents are advising me against it. They say that the Irish hate Poles and that I'll have a bad time there.

>What do you guys think of Poles?
They're our largest minority group now having recently overtaken the Brits. Generally sound and those that stay long-term have assimilated well. I don't think there's a huge amount of anti-Polish sentiment in Ireland, definitely not on the scale that there is in the UK anyway.

>They say that the Irish hate Poles and that I'll have a bad time there.
I'm not sure what would give them that impression.

An old traveller lady just said to me "you're very effeminate, and I don't mean it in a bad way...but I don't mean it as a compliment either".

Jokes on her, I'm taking it as a compliment anyway.

Her daughter was nice though.

>I don't think there's a huge amount of anti-Polish sentiment in Ireland
Okay, that's good to hear.
>I'm not sure what would give them that impression.
There's been an increase in attacks on Poles on the British Isles, so my parents think it's also like that in Ireland.

I'm really excited about being able to live in your country for a few years, exploring the rural areas will be fun. :D

It's inconsistent to support the criminalisation of participating in an illegal activity for only one party when both are engaged in it, and when one in particular is actually offering the service that is deemed to be illegal.

It's like only criminalising the purchase of drugs rather than the sale. I think criminalising either party at all is wrong, and due to the nature of prostitution prostitutes need a degree of protection but your hypothetical litany of the circumstances of the prostitute while in some cases accurate is overly convenient and sympathetic since it jumps right to the most maudlin plea on behalf of the prostitute.

>British Isles
Well, don't go around using that term when you're over here. Regardless, Ireland and the UK are two very different places and you can tell your parents that just because the UK is going down the shitter, there's no reason to assume Ireland is too.

>I'm really excited about being able to live in your country for a few years, exploring the rural areas will be fun
Good. Don't do as many visitors do and spend all your time in Dublin.

tfw no traveller gf.

Good way to get murdered.

Referring to the UK and Ireland as "The British Isles" is like referring to Europe as "The German Continent"

One party is often systematically coerced so I don't believe that situation is common. Breaking minor laws when threatened with severe consequences should never be a focus of punishment.
The law as it previously was also created the catch where traffickers could use the threat of legal action to prevent victims leaving the business. So it was a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation once they were hooked in.

I'll murder you ye cunt.

t. Waterford user

We already have a massive pole in Dublin and yeah most of us hate it.

t. Tipperary user

>Good. Don't do as many visitors do and spend all your time in Dublin.
Dublin, is supposed to serve as the containment area for foreigners. Why encourage them to come into rural areas?

Why would you not want tourists spending money in your local economy?

>One party is often systematically coerced so I don't believe that situation is common.
What situation? Some are yes, but 'often' is quite a vague estimation.

>Breaking minor laws when threatened with severe consequences should never be a focus of punishment.
I don't know what you mean?

>The law as it previously was also created the catch where traffickers could use the threat of legal action to prevent victims leaving the business. So it was a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation once they were hooked in.
That's true, but it being legal to sell sex probably makes it easier for traffickers and pimps to victimise women since now they can operate a shade inside the law. Criminalising the purchase and not the sale is an inadequate compromise.

They're not exactly necessary. My local economy is operating just fine without tourism

You live in a rural area that's not on a commuter belt for a city, doesn't have any tourist attractions and yet business is booming locally?

>Irish Rail phases out 'quiet carriages' due to mobile phone use
Fuck sake.

What business, the local shop? It's pretty lucrative yeah. It's even over the border so it gets British people spending there if you want to consider that exporting :^) Though who actually judges a rural area by how business is doing? Urban areas are where most businesses are based. Rural areas are predominately just people who live there while commuting to nearby urban areas where they work, or perhaps have businesses themselves. If you want to see how well a rural area is doing then look at the average wealth of a person there. In my case we're doing well

If you're living beside a border your area is already crawling with foreigners then.

There are less here than you might think. Besides any that are here are Northern Irish Catholics. They're the closest possible foreigners to us. Big difference between them and, say, Slavs

Thanks for the info.

Any advice about living in Ireland?Sorry, haha.
I promise I won't act like a ficki ficki refugee or obnoxious Slav.

>9

THUG2 best soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=hNVmV3KtrSc

Dreadful episode, -1/10.

>A man in his 50s is due in court this evening charged in connection with the discovery of a suspected 'crystal meth lab' in Dublin on Thursday.
We got ourselves a real Walter White here.

RES Cork 1-16 Tipperary 3-16, Pairc Ui Chaoimh

>accidental closed the reply window and lost everything
Fucking kill me.

In summary drugs are a no no, gald to see Dublin hurling is still shit and Cork will definitely win Munster this year.

*glad

>drugs are a no no
Kill yourself you literal toddler.

>Kill yourself
Don't worry, I'm planning to.

>drugs make you a big boy
Kind of thing I'd expect a 16 year old traveler to say as he does cocaine

I was referring to his usage of child like phrases such as
>no no

It's even worse if you're getting triggered by the ironic use of a childish expression. At least if it was the attitude on drugs that upset you it'd show some principle instead of mindless rage at people using words you don't like.

*tips fedora*

Now who's the toddler?

>WAAAAAA BABBY DON'T WIKE PEEPO WHO SAY NO NO

YOu, obviously.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>triggered by a two lettered word
Thank you for letting me witness your autism.

You're welcome.

who can say where the road goes, where the day flows, only tiiiime

>people who give weak handshakes.
I bet half of you do this. Nothing worse. Wouldn't trust a person who gives a limp wrist handshake.

>weak handshakes
Who cares?

Most people who aren't total failures.

>people who aren't total failures
What metrics do you use to determine a total failure?

Who can say why your heart sighs as your love flies? Only time

Nobody cares about weak handshakes. Only neckbeards on the Art of Manliness read that much into things like that

Why does it matter? Someone gave me a really firm handshake once and it was uncomfortable.

Autists.

tfw no gf

Poles are bad because they have a weird superiority complex and are very disrespectful

>viewing handshakes as a competition of strength and dominance
Caveman mentality.

>shaking hands
>not just giving the ol' tip of the fedora

>someone offers a handshake
>they barely move their hand at all

Hope you aren't who I think you are.

Who do you think he is?

>viewing handshakes as a competition of strength and dominance
No that's your interpretation. Shaking hands is good etiquette. It shows confidence and that you trust one another or have/expect to have a serious interraction or at least shake out of respect for one another.
A limp/unenthusiastic handshake is disrespectful but it's not offensive.
An overly shy person who zero confidence that just glances at the ground and lightly touches your hand is somebody I wouldn't rely on 100%. It comes across as inattentive or uninterested.

I am Bryan Cranston. AMA

>interacting with people in the flesh
>leaving your house at all
I expected better /éire/.

Sick of this general desu.

god you sound like a spa

Why?

What metrics do you use to determine a spa?

Autism.

This is what the majority of neurotypical people think though.

You read too many self-help books

If you're a job interviewer.

>What metrics do you use to determine a spa
That's my line. Shall once again reiterate the point that stealing is a no no.

>neurotypical people
Is that a phrase for describing normal people that supposedly aren't normies or something?

Post pic with timestamp

Neurotypical means someone that doesn't have any diagnosed mental disorders or illnesses.

I've never read one in my life.
More like if you have to participate in any sort of formal interaction including workplace shit.

>An overly shy person who zero confidence that just glances at the ground and lightly touches your hand is somebody I wouldn't rely on 100%. It comes across as inattentive or uninterested.
You just described that person as shy and low self-esteem, not disrespectful or inattentive so you're celebrating the firm handshaker's position of ignorance in misinterpretating a shy person for being uninterested.
Maybe the firm handshaker should instead cop himself on, learn basic social cues and stop judging the worth of those around him on the basis of a handshake. Surely that's a better cause to push than for the world to adapt around his oblivious nature through false pretence?

>if you have to participate in any sort of formal interaction including workplace shit
Most people don't that much thought into it. They just believe that a strong handshake shows confidence and that's about it.

>someone that doesn't have any diagnosed mental disorders or illnesses
>tfw I discovered I'm neurotypical/normal
Sweet!

Good post.

How often do you shake hands at work? Are you an interviewer?

Unfortunately for you, the vast majority of functional people at the very least subconsciously have negative emotional responses to limp handshakes.
Go ask literally anybody who isn't a total autist this. No really. go make a thread somewhere, anywhere that is occupied by people who aren't eternal NEETS. Hell even go google it. You'll find plenty.
I shall be ending this conversation now. Good bye.

According to this user I meet all the criteria required to be a complete normie so please don't speak for me on how normal, functional neurotypical people behave.

These are some damn fine looking ducks.

>baby duck is a different colour
I see Hiro isn't the only one affected by the you know what.

Ducklings are often different colours from their parents.

Bringing two towels to bed with me tonight because I sweat so much last night that one wasn't enough.
Suffering.

Are you sick or is your bed too warm?

>Ducklings are often different colours from their parents
I recall hearing that before alright, but couldn't pass up the opportunity.