Ideas thread

Post your movie ideas

>Depressed English teacher obsessed with detective novels returns to his home town only to find it's been infested with cultists. Rather than gtfoing like a regular person, he decides to investigate in an attempt to live his detective fantasies. Instead, he uncovers secrets and murders he never even dreamed of, spiralling into a nightmarish hell in the town he once called home

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loomis_Gang
theonion.com/article/phantom-diner-appears-only-to-those-in-their-drunk-2496
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Butterfly_Effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sounds like Hot Fuzz only boring.

You're making us look bad!

Thanks

I have a fantasy that Nicki Minaj and I are on a plane together and it crashes. We both end up on a deserted island, just us two. Nicki, being a starlet, knows nothing of how to survive, while my hours lurking in the woods has taught me how to make fires and live somewhat off the land. We'd spend years together on this island. She would come to rely on me for survival. Eventually, she'd fall for me and we'd make passionate love for hours on end. After a few years of fucking each other, some debris would wash ashore allowing us to finish the construction of a raft, a la Castaway.

During the voyage home, Nicki and I would get separated, but we'd both make it home. Her, picked up by a luxury cruise, me by a commercial grade fishing boat. We'd both think that the other had died. I would make it home a month or so later, while she was taken home immediately, being Nicki Minaj washed up on a cruise.

Upon returning home, I turn on the television and see her on Letterman doing an interview about her time on the island. I watch the whole thing from beginning to end, and at no point am I mentioned. She's trying to tell everyone that she survived alone for half a decade. Enraged, I take my savings and go on a trip to America. I find my way past Nicki's security and break into her room while she's alone.

Standing behind her, I cock my gun to get her attention. I ask her how she could so such a thing and she begins deeply sobbing. Barely able to talk through the enormous gasps for air, she begs for her life. At this point, we fuck. The greatest fuck we've ever had. The most passionate, beautiful fuck that ever fucked. Then, after I come a few times, I ask to hotdog her ass. Then, while I'm doing that one last time, I grab a vase off a nearby table and cave her fucking skull in.

I would pay to watch this.

>implying i would post it here for you all to steal

>a more serious hot fuzz
if it incorporated lovecraftian elements it would make a great horror comedy

Set in Victorian England. Protagonist is a PI/occult expert hired by the police to investigate a secluded university on an island that is rumored to be studying Eldritch creatures and making contact with ayys I'm secrecy.

Basically a Lovecraftian (inb4 fedora) version of Shutter Island, except there is no twist. Just the PI investigating the university and unravelling the mystery with kino cinematography and minimal orchestral music. In the end the scholars catch him (they reveal themselves as ayy lmaos using the skin of dead scholars) and try to summon a cosmic god but somehow our guy escapes. Would use a lot of practical effects and minimal CGI.

>Basically The Truman Show but it's a thriller that's R rated

I'd watch this, also looking for more flicks with a similar atmosphere to Shutter Island

>implying it would ever get made anyway

Bumping

>guy has really long legs
>hes 15 feet tall
>his name is mr longlegs
>lots of dramatic angles of him walking around
>360 shots of him and epic rock music as he steps over things very carefully
>movie is called mr longlegs, sequel will be called mr longlegs 2

>if it incorporated lovecraftian elements it would make a great comedy
Sure, if you want the reddit audience.

It's a movie that already exists starring Madonna and directed by his then husband Guy Ritchie. It's considered widely to be one of the worst films of all time.

i can see the camera being on the height of his torso and doing a half circle rotate/ swing sort of motion around his legs as it's pointed downwards
sort of like if someone grapple hooked their way around his legs and we saw that as a camera shot

nice

>young viking warrior dies in his first battle
>goes to valhalla
>falls in love with a goddess/giantess/valkyrie (will have to do research to find out which one makes the most sense)
>does the "groundhog day" thing and lives it up in valhalla for a while
>eventually Ragnarok comes, the final battle
>our insignificant hero is cut down one last time, this time for good

I have that painting in my house

>the wingmen
>follows two stories, that of a group of 6 american aviators and 2 east german
>they clash multiple times over korea and vietnam, with the east germans killing 2 of the best loved american aviators
>finally the wild child of the american group downs one of the east germans
>he was all he had to remind him of home, and so the other east german kills himself
>american aviators slowly drift to mercenary work, madness or substance abuse

>paranoid shutin autist thinks the world is out to get him
>turns out he was right!
>but not for the reason he thinks

A biographical movie about the Loomis Gang. They were meaner and nastier than any wild west gang.

And the shameful part is no one has made a movie about them because they were based in Central NY

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loomis_Gang

Seems like it'd be not all that dissimilar to Gangs of New York

YOU JUST DESCRIBED ALAN WAKE

A man must keep a secret in a world where everyone can read minds.

>the secret is that he can't read minds
>it's a mean-spirited comedy

Never actually played the game. I was thinking more of something along the lines of Salem's Lot meets Shadow Over Innsmouth with the focus being primarily on the mid-life crisis driving the plot than the horrors

A loose adaption of Blood Meridian but set during WWII, following a unit of SS men and a conscripted kid roaming eastern Europe and massacring people at whim, eventually breaking ties with the rest of the German military as the war goes awry and going rogue. Probably too edgy to ever be made.

what a stupid fucking idea

The Secret Service has been infiltrated by anti-American units. They devise a plan to kidnap the President by faking a terrorist attack on him, pushing him into a car and driving away with him.

However, on the day of the attack, there's some confusion and a regular SS agent(the protagonist of this story) ends up getting the President into a car and driving off. He quickly realizes that the SS has been compromised.

So you have a lone SS agent with the President of the United States, and he can't simply return the President because he doesn't know who is friend and who is foe.

There's a catch though, the two soon find out that the First Lady has also been kidnapped and they plan on using her as leverage to get the President into their hands.

----

What do you think Sup Forums? I think the idea of the President of the USA, the most powerful person on Earth, having to hide among the general populace is a cool idea.

I'd definitely watch this, but it could never be made in current year Hollywood if only

That wiki page reads like an edgy self proclaimed intelligent autist wrote it

Everyone in the world inexplicably becomes invisible except for one man.

I call it The Visible Man.

then it's back to camp for more full penetration
foraging
penetration
foraging
penetration

pretty bad premise considering they are SS and unless the entire organization is compromised, it would be fairly easy to just contact the FBI/NSA/CIA and tell them there are moles within the SS trying to kidnap the president. Also why the fuck would you fake a terrorist attack and kidnap him instead of just killing him? There is no clear motivation here unless you are trying to lead me to believe they actually plan on trying to ransom the most powerful person on the planet. Also the president would just jump on twitter and talk about how there are "Mean guys in the SS tried to kidnap me today, very bad people, but they failed. Sad!"

>it's a mean-spirited comedy

this is actually the best one yet

How would you improve it then?

>all the invisible people just spend all day bullying Visible Man

Grimdark reboot of "Battlefield: Earth".

the Psychlos are the good guys. they look hideous - like a cross between The Dark Crystal's Skeksis and Giger's Xenomorph - but they are very advanced, moral, compassionate, understanding and gentle. their ship is orbiting earth when it's detected, the US throw a nuke at them and this starts World War III.

the Psychlos are horrified at the idea that they caused the war so they back off for a couple of thousand years (extremely long life-spans btw) and they eventually decide that they have to help humanity out of its post-war savagery.

Jonnie Goodboy Tyler is a sociopathic barbarian asshole, and is of course the leader of all the western Murikan states. Terl the Psychlo tries to teach him civilized behavior, loans him advanced technology, Jonnie uses it to build a fascist empire and then kills Terl with a retrofitted mining laser, Terl's daughter decides to hell with earth and orders their expedition to leave, taking the advanced Psychlo equipment with them.

the sort of depressing let-down that BSG ended with.

>Terl's daughter decides to hell with earth and orders their expedition to leave, taking the advanced Psychlo equipment with them.

at which point all of Jonnie's enemies converge on him and we get a satisfying lynching.

I wouldn't write it at all m8, it's been done to death already. Independence Day, White House Down, Air Force One, Escape From New York, 2012, Olympus Has Fallen, In the Line of Fire just to name a few.

>no fun allowed
It would work.

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are amateur prohibition era smugglers trying to deliver a shipment of whiskey to America. After landing at Portland their contact demands to be taken to the boat before payment while Frost demands to see the money first, they get into an argument which escalates into the mobster pulling out a gun to force them to bring them to the boat at which point they flee under fire.

Pegg wants to leave immediately and sell it wholesale in Canada but Frost reveals he bought the whiskey and rented the boat on a margin and will be in serious debt unless they sell it for high prices in the United States. They take it upon themselves to find another buyer and set sail to another town. A storm forces them to shelter in an obscure bay and they see mysterious lights, Innsmouth (or some other name).

After finding a place to dock and making it ashore in the wind and rain they are eager for shelter and find a comfy sailor's pub with people drinking openly within. Pegg is hesitant as the strange looking inhabitants stare at the 2 newcomers but Frost says out loud "can I get a pint", believing they were worried they might report them for the alcohol and orders 2 from the grotesque looking "bar maid". Pegg asks for something to eat and they get fish pies, Pegg notices a bulbous fleshy fish eye in his and other strange bits then looks to see Frost gobbling up his.

and so on

It would be set in a 18th century Middle Eastern esque fantasy world, about men who venture into the barren desert in between the rich but forgotten cities that surround it. The men look for writings and manuscripts in the abandoned ancient cities buried in the sand to sell to wealthy scholars and aristocrats. The price is high so the competition will do anything to get ahead. The movie would have Lawrence of Arabia type shots of men slowly approaching in the horizon that devolve into fighting on horseback similar to ships fighting in the vast ocean, with muskets, swords and bows all being used. The story starts following a man fighting for his life against two unknown men, after killing one of them he is eventually killed himself to reveal the main character searching the body for a scroll. The story centers around the character dealing with the loss of his brother (the first man shot)and beginning to actually read the manuscripts, using the ancient voices to navigate his forgotten world

>psychlos as good guys
catrist detected

>A story about a mentally ill, bullied kid who gets shape shifting super powers similar to the powers in the game [Prototype] and decides to go on rampage at his school
>He then escapes and lives his life Homeless
>The government has been trying to track him this whole time and has narrowed him down to living in New York
>Regrets his actions and is haunted by the memories
>Falls in love with a women who he then accidentally kills trying to protect from people who are trying to kill him
>Ends going nuts up going on a city wide rampage which causes a Nation Wide state of emergency
>Movie would be an emotional drama, lovestory, and violent as fuck action scenes

I never came up with an ending but that was pretty much my little story I made up in my head as a teenager based on my own angst.

I thought BSG ended with the nigger psychlo deciding to help out the humans after the humans nuked their homeworld, or something

>implying normies could ever sympathize with the main character

I actually prefer the first half before the cult reveal. The action movie stuff is where it goes downhill.

Time Travel movie.

An alcoholic wageslave exits a bar one Friday night and passes out in an alleyway. When he wakes up he finds that it is still Friday. He chalks it up to bad memory and resets his watch and heads to work where he begins to notice the previous day's events unfolding before his very eyes. Freaked out, he goes home early and attempts to sleep off his bad hangover.

He wakes up on Wednesday and realizes that he is now 48 hours into the past from when he last went to sleep. Knowing this he has some fun and places big wagers with the local bookie and messes around with his friends/coworkers during the day. He makes a move on the main love interest and impresses her with his unusual confidence. After a night out at the club, he goes home to rest, and wakes up on Saturday, a full 96 hours into the past.

He puts two and two together and realizes that every time he goes to sleep, he is doubling the amount of time traveled. Anyways you guys get the gist, it's a heartfelt drama where he gets reunited with his estranged son and wife, his dead father, and gets a second chance to relive key moments of the last 10 years of his life.

Obviously the movie would end before he starts going decades back for the sake of continuity. So what do you all think?

Keep in mind, I have not fleshed out most of these beyond a premise:

>1) An alien lands on Earth but looks exactly like an obscure 80's kid TV show character. Instead of focusing on the fact it's an alien, the people are caught up in various legal battles.

2) "Rebirth of a Nation" - A shitty film company is potentially going under so they need a hit. They dig into public domain for ideas and decide to do a remake of Birth of a Nation. I only have one joke so far: CG Blackface.

>3) "Luck" - During the Cold War the US experimented with a drug that enhances a soldier's luck, but unfortunately users would experience after a time an equivalent case of bad luck. The drug eventually found its way to the streets in various forms.

4) "Too Quiet on the Western Front" or "Flesh and Blood" - Zombies in WWI

>5) A soldier in the Middle East is stranded alone and must confront the horrors of war, but is aided by his child's (or his childhood's) imaginary friend monster.

How would it end? Not really a story.

imaginative but needs better settings

The Shrimp

>main character has an extreme foot fetish
>he suffers a lot because he has never found a girl that is into that shit
>first part of the story is him getting ready psychologically and physically for the summer when the girls wear flip flops and shit
>there's a scene where he goes to a prostitute to have some foot action
>lots of unsettling train scenes where we see him sweating, feet close-ups
>love interest has very beautiful feet and visits him and they watch a movie, she puts her naked feet on his lap and gets playful, oblivious of what is going on in his head
>directed by Aronofsky

#1 is pretty good

Dan Harmon?

Ghost Diner
A supernatural slice-of-life comedy about a ghostly diner that only appears to drunk people. Follows, in equal measures, stories about the people that work there (workers in other diners who work in their dreams, because their life is just that miserable), people that eat there (mostly sad drunks and frat bros who see nothing weird about a ghost diner) and people that run it (dead folks that partied too hard, and feel like they need to help out drunks to balance their karma)

Inspired by this Onion article: theonion.com/article/phantom-diner-appears-only-to-those-in-their-drunk-2496

Picture unrelated.

4 should be called All dead on the Western Front

I was thinking maybe at the pivotal moment in his life that made him turn into an alcoholic, time would start going back the other way, where he gets to "do things right" until he wakes back up in that alleyway, but it would depend on whether I want a happy or sad ending.

>they do a remake of Birth of a Nation almost entirely on CGI
>CGI blackface
>CGI KKK
>everything is green

these are all pretty good, best in thread so far

there was a movie kind of like this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Butterfly_Effect

>guy ends up in 4,000 BC
>sees the Earth being created
>God punches him square in the face and kills him for real

On the topic of remakes, I'd love to see a remake of pic related as a sort of tongue in cheek, 80s style, neon-noir action comedy. Probably completely change the plot, but keep the basic outline, characters, and title

>dude WW1 with zombies!
obvious fucking samefag, these are horrible ideas

Listen, , you've mindlessly quoted me here but I only referred to idea #1 (which wasn't the zombie idea) and I'm not the person who posted that list.

I'm awaiting your swift apology and promise to not make thoughtless posts like this again.

>our main character: Forrest Chan

MC discover he is a clone and his purpose its replace the original who was murderer and discover who kill him, MC is Tommy Wiseau

Your move faggot...

Nah man. Too easy, and troped.
He needs to at some point realize that the next time he went back, he'd be going to a time before his birth.
The ending is him accepting this as a sort of reverse death. Get real trippy on it. End it ambiguously like an art-house asshole.

yeah but this guy has no control over whats happening to him. basically he goes through the five stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and finally acceptance before he is able to redeem himself.

Guy from again.

Since hated this idea the most, I'm going to elaborate on some visuals.

I'm thinking one of the sides experiments with a new type of gas chemical warfare causing the zombification. I'm picturing hordes of zombies running down trenches, more hordes running across no-man's land, getting ripped apart by mines, artillery, and barb wire, bi-planes dropping grenades, Mk. I tanks crushing the hordes, etc.

only problem with this is potentially 2 different child actors for the main character or trying to have a full grown man wake up in his crib one morning.

If we're talking WWI movies, I feel like it'd be a great setting for an Apocalypse Now-esque thriller

I think regardless of the genre, we need more films set during WWI.

capeshit, but full of glib fascimiles of Malick-esque direction/cinematography. Capeshitters will be unironically hailing me as a genius while I laugh to the bank.

Totally agree on an Apocalypse Now-esque thriller but zombie movies should never be made

almost user. I just wanted people to critique my ideas. ;_;

I really want to make a capeshit movie about a poor vigilante who hangs out on rooftops watching people through their window. When he sees something he deems as wrong he'll smash through the glass and just cause a giant mess of chaos and misery. He's the target of police action and they never question if he's for 'the greater good', he's treated like a maniac throughout the whole movie. The film ends with him watching a man hide in the closet with a gun while his wife is having an affair and he proceeds to jump through the window but misses and falls to his death

Definitely not zombie movies, but some psychological horror could definitely work, considering WWI and the eastern front of WWII is probably the closest we'll ever get to hell on earth

>Two groups of students, independently and unknowingly to the other, plan a school shooting. By chance they pick the same day, so they end up fighting each other for the spotlight. Hilarity ensues.

This sounds interesting, but how will firing a musket on horseback work?

Bittersweet romcom about a shut-in NEET trying to hook up with the cute young shrink his parents are paying for him.

Except you're not me...

Why does it need to be a fantasy world?

Well someone's not telling the truth.

>Film about a single mom raising her son, who's almost 30
>Son is an introvert who spends alone in his room upstairs on his computer while his mom watches TV all day
>Throughout the film we get flashbacks about the mom's life before she got married, and it's revealed that she was a Stacey before all of this happened. We see her do all sorts of Stacey things like play sports, spread gossip about other girls, have sex with boys, etc
>Mom ended up marrying a Chad a few years after high school, which ultimately backfired when he ended up pumping and dumping her, leaving her to raise their son alone
>Meanwhile, back in the present, we see as the former Stacey now struggles to encourage her son to man up and do something with his life
>As this happens, we see more flashbacks of her treating her son like shit (mostly because he reminds her of the Chad who left her) every day since his father left, causing the son to grow up with no confidence, no friends, and no aspirations for the future, all while the mother blames him for his shortcomings and refuses to accept responsibility
>As the film progresses, the son starts to slowly lose his sanity as he grows older, and spends all his time posting on /r9k/ and reading "epic" tendies stories
>Son starts to become even more unhinged as he walks around in a pair of adult footsie pajamas all day and demands his mother make him tendies and give him good boy points whenever he does something
>Mom starts to suffer all the signs of a nervous breakdown before she finally unleashed on her son, blaming him for everything wrong with their lives, saying she regrets ever giving birth to him and claiming that she wishes he would just kill himself already
>At one point she even pulls out a handgun from her purse and threatens to shoot him, then turns the gun on herself before finally throwing it down on the table and running up to her bedroom crying (Cont)

>Son seems unphased by this, but as his mom sleeps we see the son just sitting alone in his room staring at the wall, obviously affected by what she said and did
>Finally, on his 30th birthday, the son snaps.
>As his mother walks upstairs to give him his birthday cake, she knocks on his door and gets no answer
>She tries opening the door, only to find her son isn't there
>Confused, she closes the door and begins to go back downstairs, when she realizes that someone is standing right behind her
>She turns around just in time to see her son standing there, with a smug look on his face
>He pushes her down the steps, resulting in her neck being broken as she hits the bottom step
>As his mommy lays there dying, the son goes back into his room and plays video games
>Time passes, and soon the son decides enough is enough
>He writes his final statement on his computer, taking responsibility for killing his mother but blaming her for the way he turned out, citing all the years of verbal abuse she put him through and how it was her fault for marrying a "Chad"
>Son prints out 20 copies of this and tapes them to various doors and walls around the house
>As soon as he's finished, he grabs the handgun (still on the table) and leaves the house. He goes to a local grocery store and starts shooting randomly, causing people to run away and scream in terror
>When the police arrive, the son walks towards them with the same smug look on his face, slowly raising the gun before he's gunned down by the police
>The film ends with the mother and son's funeral. No one attends.

a movie where an autistic user obsesses over a case of samefagging, leading him down dark paths and uncovering secrets that were best left alone...

this is not a film, this is a 14 year old autistic kid's fever dream.

Did I hit a nerve there, sweetie? :)

>1920's
>family of four
>Mom, dad, two sons
>12 year old son
>for reasons I'm still trying to conceive, mother kills husband and herself in front of 12 year old son
>17 year old son comes and sees the scene
>12 year old is holding gun and covered in blood by the time older brother comes in
>12 year old gets prosecuted for murdering his parents
>12 year old is main character, but PoV will swap between him dealing with a system during the Great Depression and 17 year old trying to figure out what really happened. He believes his brother but couldn't imagine his mother possibly doing something like that
>older brother helps younger to defend himself while struggling to accept what happened

please rate my idea you guys

I don't want to have to deal with islam desu, not for any reason you might think. I'm a Christian arab and I love my history but I have a hard time relating and understanding it with Islam being infused in every facet of the setting, I don't understand it enough to write a story dealing with convincingly. Another story I'm writing takes place in the Levant pre islam, with two corresponding men dealing with old age in the court of the Ghassinids and the court of Constantinople

A team of bounty hunters pursue a dangerous gang through North-Western American and eventually into Canada. As they follow the trail the trail of death and violence, they come to realise everything is not as it seems. Uneasy feelings rise, as it seems they too are being hunted, but is it too late to turn back, or will they be stuck in the woods forever, doomed to the fate of the men they followed? Kinda like Heart of Darkness meets Ravenous

I like it but no bounty hunters, way to cliche in a western setting. Maybe they are hunting a particular animal? Or looking for someone they know?

Somebody needs to fund this. Maybe the mother catches the father fucking another woman or something

They wouldn't be following an animal for that long. I dunno, but I feel it would be cool to start it like a typical western, with maybe the people they're pursuing rob a bank or raid a farm or whatever, but as the film goes on it gets progressively more and more subversive, becoming almost Thing-like, just less Lovecraft and more based around Indian folk lore

can't they just have the kid try to load and fire a gun and see his complete lack of experience, and how could they expect a 12 year old to overpower two grown adults, even with a gun? Why is the kid found holding the gun?

Indian horror fantasy sounds amazing. Maybe they are chasing an Indian that killed someone close to them? Like a farmer trying to push them out of the territories, further into the story they start to question the existence of the Indian in the first place. Idk just rambling, sounds interesting, keep at it