Is Marvel racist?

Is Marvel racist?

>all the black heroes magically appear as friends in Civil War II

Yeah

So he's going to create a really jewish woman?

No more than most other companies.

Oh La La...

Doesn't he give Jasmine crap for how she looks?

Blacks whine and deem everything racist even if you so much as fart in their general direction. So yeah.

I mean Storm was born in Harlem

I never saw him give her shit for how he looks but he makes fun of her for identifying as mixed.

Claremont wanted Storm to look like a mix of ethnicities. Of course, I wouldn't expect most people to know this, especially since even comic artists don't know she's supposed to have Asiatic facial features.

I always wondered that about Storm's hair.

what is this? a comic for ants?

Christ, Huey is an asshole.

Well, marvel is making valkyrie black now so...
everyone loses their shit when a white woman gets cast as that ghost in the shell babe, but make a nordic woman black and everyone applauds. appearantly it is ok to erase scandinavian identity because even though they never participated in the whole colony and slavery thing they are white, so they probably deserve it.

yeah, it's not like various african ethnicities look different or anything.
oh wait

>Of course, I wouldn't expect most people to know this
really? I've this bit of trivia repeated so often I feel like I'm saying something everyone already knows unless I'm mentioning it to normies

Speaking a black man who used to have nappy natural hair as a kid, I'd like to say never again. It's not beautiful, it's a hassle. Gets worse when you end up combing or picking it into an afro, too. And having to wear buzzcuts, fades or go bald is boring. I've got hair, might as well make the most of it.

I'm so fucking glad the show shits on Huey for being a punk bitch extremist at least a bit more than the comics ever do.

Like going back and watching Daria when you realize what an asshole she is and many characters tell her so to her face.

>when whining liberals read picture books instead of literature and get their world view from a literal 6 year old

>White Lighting

Goddamit Linkara

Sometimes Huey really doesn't know what he's talking about.

>Primitive culture isn't a thing in Africa
>Africa is just one country

And thar's why blacks can't write

They get their world view from idiots from comedy central and family guy, why would a 6 year old be any different?

being mixed is tough though, you don't really fit any where.

>She's not black enough!

Even blacks are against their own if they don't look right enough.

Man I miss boondocks. The show was funny but I didn't like how much goofier it was than the comic.

Ugh , go back to Sup Forums ???

Yeeeeeeep.

>I speak for all black people
I'm a black guy and I like my hair. Beauty is entirely subjective.

What about her?

Speaking as a white guy, you're nuts

I frequently say that curly hair is evil and black people hair is an order of magnitude worse than that

This.

I grew up in a west african country and was called the same pet word as white people because i'm mixed.

And when coming to France I got the same treatment from black people.

Meanwhile, white people see me as black.

it's not "that bad" but it's a weird situation.

It should be noted though that most black people still kind of see me as one of them anyway, and are more inclusive than whites.

>apparently africans are so "primitive" they mistake superheroes for deities

That's so fucking retarded. A person with god-like powers is treated like a god? Wow! Racist, much?

Are these shitty movies just an excuse for Tyler to feel pretty in drag?

WHY ISN'T THERE A WHITE HISTORY MONTH?
HAVE MY PEOPLE NOT SUFFERED ENOUGH?

what about her?

She was originally Brazillian.

She's not anything but "cliche anime girl face".

To be fair, even japanese girls don't look like that but they always have that face.

Can it really be racism when you're even doing it to yourself?

t. mudblood

>reading Harry Potter
>actually feel for all the mudbloods
>feel a bond with American Dragon jake Long because he's mixed

I don't know why I like this trope (if it is one) of a character being mixed, and one of the half being supernatural in some way, and the mix thing comes into play.

Yeah, you'd never see a big budget movie about an African pantheon being replaced by white people! Society is so racist against whites!

Yeah, well that's how Japan draws everybody.

It's white history month 11 months out of the year!

There's a fucking half asian in there too!

African pantheon? For fuckin Egyptians? Are you retarded?

The original Africans were of Mediterranean and Persian ancestry and treated the actual sub Saharan Africans as less than human.

Yes, but so is Aaron McGruder.

So you just have some autists whining at a racist company about being racist the wrong way.

And another.

>Egypt is not in Africa

Dude.

>Turns out American Wizards don't give a flying shit about your magical lineage and treat everyone with respect.

USA
USA
USA

Indeed.

How about one more?

She's a ganguro anime girl.

Balrog is clearly African-American though.

I'm not really sure what any of that has to do with either my point or the point of the guy I was responding to, but thanks for the history lesson I guess.

Why are blacks complaining about an Arab/Coptic civilization's pantheon representation?

What? At this point there's a decent number of white people that'll call everything racist and black people on twitter that don't like race swaps. He'll I've seen quotes from black conservatives posted by anons here about how racists liberals really are against both groups and they agreed with it.

This is quite understandable I guess considering how the new population of the USA came to be, but at the same time, considering how they perfected segregation, it's kinda ironic and hard to believe.

They still don't look like Mediterranean and Persian people.

it was to do with the way the american wizarding school was created, in part founded by a regular dude with no magic

>She was originally Brazillian.
You're thinking Sean.

She looks a bit like Adriana Lima, the Brazilian model, if that user saying about her being originally being Brazilian is right.

Man, Brazilians are god-tier at mixing their genes. Must be something Mengele taught them or something.

I hope you're not trying to claim Egyptians were white while vehemently denying they were black

>Aaron mcgruder
Are you sure this isn't tongue in cheek?

>All brown people are African
Dude yourself.

Yeah as if African American think one of their cousins was a pharaoh.

Why are American whites who predominantly have British/Irish/Polish/French ancestors complaining about a Scandinavian civilization's pantheon representation?

>ganguro
>no make-up or tacky clothing

This is Bahram Raadaan, a Persian actor. He could absolutely fit right in.

Yeah, I read the story. It makes sense.

It feels a bit easy. As in, the whole social discussion the concept of mudbloods and such created added a layer of complexity to the world of HP.
This feels a bit too simple, clean, and boring.

To be fair, there have been multiple families of all kinds of colors in ancient Egypt, even at the head, and people tend to cherry pick whichever period "proves" their point.
Besides, the gods all had animal heads, so the movie is unfaithful anyway.

user there are races other than white and black but they made it very clear in their historical records that they considered themselves a different race from their western and southern neighbors who they usually held dominion over and enslaved whenever they felt like it.

>simple, clean
I just Kingdom Hearted myself.

citation needed

Looks ganguro to me

Everyone knows ancient were Arab looking mofos

But there are literally millions of American whites in the Midwest with Scandinavian ancestry. Minnesota is full of them. If they complained, would you regard it as a legitimate quarrel?

Also what the fuck are you talking about, the largest ethnic group in the United States by ancestry are German Americans. That Scandinavian pantheon played a huge influence on Germanic culture. Heard of Der Ring des Nibelungen?

ok

And how does all this justify casting white people as Egyptians, again?

How do you justify casting blacks as white characters?

But the actress is half white and Hispanic as well

One day i'll help pollute my genes with a Brazilian gal.

I don't get why African American actors thought they could fit in ... They're as retarded as Lionsgate.

It doesn't desu but the complaint isn't just that whites are cast as Egyptians, it is that blacks specifically should be cast as Egyptians for reasons of "historical accuracy". For Gods of Egypt, there were tumblrinas complaining about Rami Malek being cast as Egyptian even though he is pure Coptic.

I blame the shitty art from USFIV

Which actors?

Source. This could be a representation of people from other countries.

I don't

I think the closest we could get to historical accuracy would be a correct amount of black anc coptic/brown people.

I think we can all agree on the fact that casting predominantly white as fuck british people is a stupid move.

Yes, but the blacks wouldn't be Egyptian gods, for the most part they'd be slaves, and no one will be willing to accept that just because it's historically accurate.

It's kinda cute actually, sort of reminds me of very early avatar.

The director's Egyptian, user.

The fact there's literally a black hero named BLACK LIGHTNING is kind of embarrassing.

And they tried to justify his name in more modern times by making his lightning black.

And what the hell was up with BLACK VULCAN in the superfriends?

They couldn't get the rights to Black Lightning.

>but the blacks wouldn't be Egyptian gods,
There have been black pharaos so why not.

But why did they feel the need to name him Black Vulcan, as if people wouldn't realize a hero is black if you don't put it in his hero name.

Why not something like SUPERVOLT?

Egyptian weren't Ethiopian. It's just a Kushit myth.

>shiting on scandinavians because you're mad at americans

so they take responsibility for enslaving jews
i guess karma just caught up with them.
fucking worthless group of people

guess they can't get reparations anymore now can they or claim that everyone else is more privileged then them

Because he's supposed to be a Black Lightning knockoff, they wanted people to think they were the same person so they went for a more similar name.

There were plenty of black egyptians though.

>Karma
>For enslaving jews
Sure thing, Schlomo.