So just about everyone agrees that DDL has one of the best track records ever for an actor and every single one of his...

So just about everyone agrees that DDL has one of the best track records ever for an actor and every single one of his films is great.

That said, what's his worst?

Hm?

who ?

Lincoln. Not because of him though

mhhmm

The Boxer, if I had to pick. It's not poorly made, but there was nothing that hadn't been done or said already.

nine

Nine what?

Years between each movie

Why did he decide to quit acting? Does he just think it's too draining, or does he just want to spend time doing some other shit instead? I really don't get it, being as talented and skilled as he is and then not get as much out of it as possible. Maybe he doesn't even like acting.

Nine was pretty forgettable.

He's eccentric as fuck. He had to be convinced to stop being a shoemaker in Italy for his last film then went right on back to being a shoemaker unironically

My Beautiful Laundrette sucks. Nine, The Ballad of Jack and Rose and The Boxer aren't very good. I didn't care for Lincoln but he's fantastic in it

maybe the guy just loves making shoes

Just saw an article where, allegedly, it's because he wants to spend more time with his family.
Damn shame everyone else loses out.

>it's because he wants to spend more time with his family.
i figured that is what he had been doing during all those year gaps

Better to act in a few great roles than to do a whole bunch of forgettable or shitty stuff. Great as Gary Oldman is, he's always going to have people saying "But what about Tiptoes?" Not so for DDL.

I mean I guess, but it's not like he couldn't get another movie or two before he might feel he's too old to get fully dedicated to a role. Or maybe this final movie is his limit in regards to that.

Thing is, it's not as simple as "getting a movie in." He has to find the right movie, one that really speaks to him.

is DDL a Jew?

The fact that he'll never play Morrissey is a crime

Is he you?

That must be true.

Have some brew.

Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter is easily his worst but not because of him though.

HE'S NOT IN THAT.

That scene in Twin Peaks the Return where he's all like "GOTTA LIGHT" and doing weird shit was great.

My Left Food. I could barely understand him he was mumbling the whole movie. DDL really phoned it in on that one.

Gangs of New York

Seems to me like not a single person can agree about this.

overrated ham. the modern pacino

I tried watching this (mostly for prime Juliette Binoche) and had to turn it off 20 minutes in because it was a shitty 90's romance, should I give it another shot or is this his worst film?

>literally has a fedora in the poster
I've never seen it, but I wouldn't. Watch Chocolat instead.