Will Sup Forums see it?
>Not a remake
>Not a sequel
>Not a reboot
>Not a spinoff

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eNcgOSKcYDg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here's hoping Cara doesn't drag it down too much.

It is, however, an adaptation, so...

fuck off dane

>Not a hit

terrible casting

I saw the trailer in 3d it looked pretty good... honestly im going to go see it for the visuals alone

same

you should try to get someone whose been on Sup Forums more than a week to try to viral your shit flic

man, cara has an ugly face but i can't help but be attracted to her. maybe it's her accent or aura.. i don't really know

>capeshit
No thanks

But it's an adaptation isn't it. So stop shilling your shit film OP. It's going to bomb and bomb hard. And don't mistake this for some cute "Sup Forums is always wrong" shit. Nobody knows or cares about this

probably isn't even worth the inevitable torrent tbqh

>getting this mad about a well-known movie that hasn't even been released yet
autism?

>not a single good actor

god no

Agreed the casting seems really shit. Maybe they were going for the YA crowd. They both look like they're 16. Dane was fine in Chronicle because he played an emotionally stunted weirdo but superhero, I don't think so.

Solely for the visuals.

I am, however, hopeful that it ends up being this year's Jupiter Ascending.

They couldn't have casted the actors any memier

I didn't see that but it has some of the same tone doesn't it?
>ambitious space adventure
>bad/miscast actors
>supposedly amazing visuals

Yeah. The story is just a massive clusterfuck of sci-fi cliches and it's honestly one of the funniest movies I've seen in theaters
>Bees Sense Royalty
>Channing Tatum's face
>literally ANYTHING with Eddie Redmayne

youtu.be/eNcgOSKcYDg

I love Besson but this whole thing looks and feels like a direct-to-DVD sci-fi flick.

>looks
No.
>feels
Yes.

Agreed this is a big big budget film which is made for IMAX summer blockbuster type viewing.

Its an adaptation of a popular book and shoves that in your face in all the marketing, stupid dipshit. Its not original, stop pushing this meme.

It's not even a book, it's a comic book series. Why would I care? I don't read French comic books.

ill watch it for cara anyway

It's based on a comic book so stop with the "original film" film meme. Better than most but still

It is an original film because there is no film of it.

Dane DeHaan is a decent actor, good in Chronicle

don't forget how the main lizard bad guy gets defeated and killed by being awkwardly phased into the floor

>not original
It's just another attempt at starting a franchise based on a comic book, just not an American one.

I haven't read Valerian but I love french comics and it's by the same director of The Fifth Element so I can't not watch it.

>literalwhat franchise
>fucking huge ass budget
>two leads who can't carry a film
>already getting below average reviews

The fuck were they thinking? This is gonna be a catastrophic flop.

>Why can't Hollywood do anything new!
>I've never heard of this franchise this sucks I'm not going to see it
Which is it Sup Forums

its a shame they didnt hire any actors for this flick

>not a dream
>not a hoax
>not an imaginary story

still a comic adaptation, but not a reboot or sequel of course I'll see it.

It's a comic book adaptation, a shitty little capeshitflick. Getting excited and watching this is like getting excited about that horrible deathnote adaptation.

Same. I saw those comics at a local bookstore and I've been thinking about picking them up. The pages have so much gorgeous detail that I hope the movie will do justice. It reminds me of classic Flash Gordon.

I'm trying to reserve judgement but they look completely wrong in those costumes and she looks like some disposable Disney girl of the week.

I kind of like that its just a couple of kinda ugly humans that look like brother and sister running around the galaxy getting into trouble and making people question the sexual tension between them.

>not set in the fifth element universe

No, I won't see it.

For what I understand it's adapting the comic that inspired The Fifth Element and the artist of said comic did concept art for The Fifth Element back in the day so it's like coming full circle that this is by the same director.

>>already getting below average reviews

APOLOGIZE

I'm mildly curious, even though scifi is dead.

Is it me or is the trans dude on the right sporting bigger tiddies than the ugly chick on the left?

It's a shame that Besson didn't cast some older actors in the roles. They look like the horrible massacring from l'Outretemps.

The Shingouz do look good, however.

And this is mainly an adaptation of l'Ambassadeur des Ombres, right?

Yeah, instead it's the other most annoying genre of movie today that's worst then remakes, "based on a comic book"

They'll never top the Flash Gordon kino.

>225 Millon FUCKING DOLLARS production budget

this will be the biggest bomb of the year

>I love fake ass cg, thank Hollywood produces so much, I LOVE the taste of shit!

I will never understand you faggots. Also,
>seeing a movie in 3d
You dont belong here.

Yeah they really look like high school kids even though he's 31 and she's 24. They don't look right in those costumes at all.

not a Hollywood movie so your point is moot :^)

Fuck off faggot. People who go to movies "for the visuals" have no purpose posting here.

>people who go to a visual medium for visuals have no place here
lel

>by the same director of The Fifth Element
Damn I didn't even notice. So maybe it won't be that bad then...

Thanks for killing cinema, faggot.

I hear the VFX are cool but the story and acting fall flat, and it drags. We'll see, I probably won't see it in theaters because i don't think my friends would want to.

fifth element was shit. it was shot like some low budget college film only less ambitious. where the fuck were the wide shots?

don't worry though, valerian will have plenty of green screen and cgi.

Yeah I'm trying to think who I could drag to this, probably no one I know. So the question is do I sneak into an early show and pretend I'm meeting someone that never arrives like the autistic freak I really am?
Probably

Yes. I love Besson's trashy movies.

literally the only actress who does the eyebrow meme correctly

she would make an excellent Vulcan

Don't think those reviewers browse Sup Forums, user. Doubt you would get an apology from those scum anyway

Reminder that Cara only has a career because her grandfather has influence in the Daily Mail, her grandmother has links to British royalty, and her godfather owns Vogue/GQ/Vanity Fair

DID YOU HOPE THE SAME FOR SUICIDE SQUAD

BECAUSE HOPING DIDNT WORK THERE, BITCH JUST CANT ACT

BESSON SPACE SHIT IS INSTA WATCH, SHAME IT WONT RELEASE IN IMAX HERE DUNKIRK HAS THE THEATER FOR 2 SOLID WEEKS

I was looking at her filmography and wondering why she is being inserted into blockbusters like this. She isn't especially good looking and apparently can't act worth shit. Thanks

>At its best, "Valerian" has the dense, madcap rush of a comedic cartoon sci-fi - think "Futurama" or "Rick and Morty," though neither as funny nor as inventive as either.
>like Rick and Morty but not as good
Oh boy, this has gotten me hyped up!

i'm going to see it because i'm a fan of the original works, but mainly to fuck up the whining tards who have been shitposting about how a film with three released previews is going to bomb.

we all know Marvel are paying you to turf this film because they don't own the rights to the Valerian stories and they don't want any competition in the Making Comics Into Action Films genre.

i would honestly rather rewatch batman begins on dvd

Oh, so it's a Transformers 4 Girl situation.

i'm hoping it ends up as this year's Fifth Element. dismissed as throwaway on release but with a growing fanbase of people who are still able to have fun without sneering at anyone.

Why is this lower in the catalogue than a shill capeshit thread that hasn't had a reply in over half a hour?

What is this shit??

even shit has hierarchy and there is always a lower rung on the shit ladder

> he doesn't read French comics

This seems to happen a lot in Hollywood, especially with Europeans. Lea Seydoux comes from this really wealthy/prestigious french family. But at least she can fucking act.

Eh, those are popular franchises with tons of people who have seen them, it's fair. Those threads are boring as hell though.

((((((((Who)))))))) makes the hierarchy and what determines rank?

ZE-ROW CRATES!

I only read Uzbekistani comics. The latest copy of Burekiman is aces!

>durr, why is 9 bigger than 4 hurrr??
good post

>we all know Marvel are paying you to turf this film

Yeah OK user. Remember this when it doesn't even make 100 mil domestic

I just thought that unless something was stickied that thread order was determined by post time -- and in a half-assed way that demonstrated interest in the subject. It's kinda shitty that something as popular as Spider-Man Homecoming (that needs no attention) has bungee cord to the front page while Valerian (which could use exposure) can slip without posters bumping the thread.

ARE YA WINNIN SON

never mind, I see it's on page 8 now. Still don't understand why it isn't lower than in the catalogue

Every preview I've seen has been really off putting. Both actors look like they're 30 years old attempting to play 14 year olds for a teen romcom.

Like what the fuck is going on there?

Simply shows up according to the most recent non-saged post. Threads with many quick replies will always be on top.

I probably will see it, but I don't tend to like CGI-heavy films. I'll probably enjoy the aesthetic of the scenes without CGI.

Seriously this. Hollywood needs more teen/pre-teen actors if it wants to be taken seriously. Get rid of the child actor stigma already! I mean, for chrissake, ability > age!

It looks interesting.

Agreed, at this point I'm willing to sit through any movie that isn't the same old crap I've seen 10 times before. The visuals look wild.

Also it doesn't have Brawndo in it Sup Forums

This, a thousand times this! Go see Spider-Man: Homecoming instead.

Isn't that film share Five Element's universe?

>muh stronk womyn

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUCK NO!!!!!!!!!

gross

Imagine being threatened by a female character in a comic book from the 1960s

Just imagine it

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Imagine being such an ignorant fuck that you believe the sole reason people don't like shit is because it "threatens" them!

"...but I don't like anchovies pizza."
It's because you find them threatening!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

".....but I don't like the smell of farts."
It's because you find them threatening!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Dumb SJW faggots!!!!

Drink bleach bitch!

I was worried about mono brow since she cant act for shit and I lost interest.
Now im seeing self proclaimed internet critics are hating on it which means it is good.