What is best Star Trek and why is it DS9?

What is best Star Trek and why is it DS9?

Who is the best character and why is it quark?

Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Australia
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/New_Zealand
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Canada
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The best Star Trek is TOS, but DS9 is good for when I'm watching with normies who can't handle glorious 60s cheese.

>being so buttblasted that they made fun of Jews that you make your own personal mission to "redeem" the Ferengi
why are jews so defensive?

Not even the Borg would assimilate her.

10/10

I thought it was just the regular, static photo.

Reminder that the Bajorans were meant to emulate the positive aspects of Jews and the Ferengis the negative ones.

Funny, because all the Bajorans come across as obnoxious cunts anyway.

Maybe because there are no real completely positive jew aspects, no matter how good you try to make them look.

Shocking, right?

That's because you have no empathy.
>These people are bitter and whiny after years of being oppressed, raped and murdered? Then they deserved it for annoying me by being bitter and whiny!

3.71/10

Well that's not exactly off the mark now is it? :^)
>muh ethno-religion
>muh 60 million
>muh Cardassian Dr. Mengele
>bunch of terrorists founding a country
All lines up so nicely

>spreading lies about the cardassian occupation

Rapes and murders of good upstanding citizens went down under occupation.
The documentation proves it.

the writers have constantly said that Dukat is a Space Nazi, in Iras words,
>he's a fucking Nazi Dukat is a goddamn Nazi
and in Marc Alaimos words
>well thats just mean, Dukat did nothing wrong
all true

So can we all agree that the Tamarian language, while being a neat concept for an episode, make no fucking sense in reality, and couldn't possibly survive in this manner to the point of their civilization reaching space travel?

>Season 2: The Cardassians killed 10 million Bajorans
>Season 5: The Cardassians killed 15 million Bajorans
>Season 7: The Cardassians killed tens of millions of Bajorans

What did they mean by this?

imagine space battles or any battles how the fuck do you communicate in short form?

Dukat was way more popular then anticipated this caused a painful ache in Iras giney so he kept adding on more and more atrocities, it never really worked though, Dukat was super popular right to the end

I really though it was going to do a close up of them tits but it didn't. pretty disappointing my man.

Dukat literally did nothing wrong but was driven insane by the constant barrage of insults, disrespect, smears and threats on his own life.

another proof that DS9 was for the edgy teenagers of the time which are now edgy manchildren here

clearly you are not familiar with Keiko

And how could their scientists and engineers and tactical officers give precise measurements of things? How do you say "Ensign, take us to warp 6.5" with fucking analogies and references? How do you say you need 20cc of anesthizine?

how do chinese and japanese people do?

The whole "cardassians are nazis" wasn't even very subtle

>7 years buddy
also nope, even though Ira was and is a raging sjw before the term even existed he also always maintained that all characters had to be 3 dimensional, he kinda hated Marc but always brought him back because he knew a good actor and good character when he saw one even if it was one he hated, something sorely lacking in todays media

I can't tell if you're serious or an idiot

exactly
they have a short form

Actually it's proof that DS9 is the only Star Trek series that was able to write complex characters that could be seen as both good and bad.

>make a simple question
>hurr durr idiot
Woah, what an asshole. Die in your sleep already.

> muh delete all cardassian medical information because a hologram is based on someone who did nothing wrong
Death to voyager
Enterprise Is unironically a better series

no it was a blatant analogy, which is why all the writers seemed to be in a constant state of shock that Dukat was so charismatic and likable
>based Marc

A culture that communicates through memes? Impossible!

Their society has computers who do everything for them based on their non-sense language that were given by the Q to confuse other species.

user and Trekfag at Sup Forums.

even worse how the doctor was pushing for the deletion of the hologram when he constantly whines about muh photonic rights

*teleports behind you*
*ruins your season 7 character*
Nothing personal goyim

Anyone who thinks Voyager is better than Enterprise is a gimp, probably a normie to boot.

They made him fuck Kai Winn.
Kai.
Fucking.
Winn.
If that's not evidence for a personal vendetta then I don't know what is.

Especially considering the Voyager Doctor himself engaged in torture in a future episode.

That episode (Nothing Human) really ground my gears towards the end.

It's one of those instances of a great Star Trek episode with a terrible sledgehammer of morality. I understand, sort of, the rights of the patient and honoring them but the "treatment that we got from Nazis" and saying how it's wrong to use it is proposterous. I shouldn't have to explain why but it is Star Trek and they do get rather hand wringy at times.

he really hated alaimo by that point, Avery did too, he literally king hit Dukat during the final scene and they had to break for a week while he recovered

I never heard of this before, that is people on set not liking Marc Alaimo.

I think the best I heard from that was Nana Visitor on the DVDs saying he was pushing for a Kira/Dukat romance.

I can understand Avery hating him, since he's unironically insane, but why would anyone else? He was a great actor, Dukat being a great character (up until season 7) is as much about his performance as the writing

Who is the the Irish person producing star trek?

Crusher and her Irish colony.
Miles O'Suffering
Voyager and several Irish themed holodeck programs.

The problem is they flip from a sort of cool and detached morality (we'll let all these people die, prime directive lol) to that very subjective emotional moral position a lot.

I'm more concerned about all the references to Australia and New Zealand

everyone appreciated his incredible performance but funnily enough all the in show criticism of him was also off screen, like when Kria says he loves the sound of his own voice and won't shut up. That a straight dig at Marc who was known for milking every scene he had, he also apparently thought he was the Hero of the show and kept asking when he'd join the good guys permanently. Marc really honestly thinks Dukat did nothing wrong, he was Dukat

Plastic paddies are everywhere in America
And Canada, I think it's the expat writers trying to get a reference in for their families and friends

Marc seems like a cool guy.

People on set didn't like Marc?
Horse shit desu.
But I can understand avery not keen on him since he's batshit

>Marc really honestly thinks Dukat did nothing wrong, he was Dukat

/ourmarc/

Klingons are space Japanese vikings.
Ferengi are space Jews.
Romulans are space Chinese and Russian.
Federation is space USA.
Bajorans are space Africans and native americans.
Q and prophets are gods.

beacuse of Marcs continued insistence that Dukat did nothing wrong, really everyone kinda got weirded out after a while and started asking themselves,
>i-is Marc an actual nazi?
also Avery and Marc both came from a strong theater background so their may have been some other level to their rivalry, basically everytime Sisko says 'we're not friends' its like Avery talking to Marc

> Marc knows dukat did nothing wrong
Ftfy

yes he does
not everyone, just Ira and later Avery, maybe Avery I'm not 100% but he did actually beat Marc up, Ira fucking hated him that I do know

And Vulcans are?

I don't know how they translated "warp" in the dubs, so I'll just suppose "时空扭曲机" is Warp Engine ("space-time distortion device") and "warp 6" would be expressed as like 扭曲6 Or something.

With that established, in Chinese, a captain telling an ensign to go to warp factor 6 would go
>少尉、扭曲6
Which is just "Ensign, warp 6"

Japanese would be equally "normal," unless you consider SOV to be a tremendously alien way of making language

space elves

No I think it's a Rick berman thing.
> new Zealand penal colony
> quark mistaking 1947 USA army as Australians
> Hato having a Brisbane pen pal.
Those are off the top of my head

British.

thanks
way nicer than that asshole user

> elitist snobs uplifting a civilization
Yep bongs

wtf I hate the vulcans now

The British were the most elite people in the world for centuries, their snobbishness was earned.

what about Cardassians and Dominion?

Ferengi are Space Venetians. The Grand Negus is literally the Doge.

Bajorans gypsies in the, and Israelis in ds9.

>Sisko's momma died in Australia
>In the First Contact movie Picard points to it from the Enterprise
Really makes you think

Cardassian Nazis, but I don't know what the dominion would be.

Wait when was Picard ever in that Uniform? What movie/series/season/adaptation/rebboot/knockoff is that from?

you disgust me, never post here again

>snobs uplifting the Humans who are basically the USA
>they later get completely surpassed by them to the point of irrelevance
Whoa...

I'm surprised there's no wiki entry on it like 47 references

>Doesnt recognize "Tapestry"

kys

Everyone is Jews

>Ferengi
Obvious

>Vulcans
Various borrowed Jewish cultural customs to make them seem more exotic. Also the whole oy vey we've been holocausted angle in the new movies.

>Cardassians
Basically space-Israel written in a time when being openly supportive of Palestinian terrorism (Bajorans) wasn't so controversial.

>Bajorans
On the flip side, Cardassians are Space Nazis and Bajorans are holocausted space Jews.

>Changelings
Changelings secretly run a vast galactic government controlled primarily through selectively bred shabbos-solids who are genetically and socially engineered to worship them like gods and never question them. They are greatly paranoid of the independence of "solid" goyim due to past persecution and feel the need to contain and control them before they ever become a potential threat to Changeling-kind. Persecution of Changeling diaspora is seen as evidence of the necessity to control the solids and acceptance of them is seen as a weakness to exploit. Changelings blend into solid-society in high positions and subtly influence them politically to weaken them from the inside. Changelings are also fiercely loyal within their tribe and the act of one Changeling harming another or favoring solids over the tribe is considered the greatest of betrayals.

Are you being serious?

The point I'm making is that there is a lot of fucking star trek out there. I haven't seen it all and would like to see him in that uniform.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Australia
It has this though, compare these ones also
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/New_Zealand
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Canada

it's from the episode where Picard decides that he would rather die than live as Barclay

The Americans orchestrated the decline of the British Empire quite well, I'll give them that.
I think the humans in Star Trek did it accidentally though.

then watch the fucking finale to tng you filthy fucking pleb, seriously don't post again

and see

I used the episode guide from here lol, not my fault you nerds made me skip 2/3rds of the series

Isn't "All good things" the series finale?

Why were we supposed to care if the Pahwraiths killed the Prophets? They were a bunch of rapists anyway. Death to all energy beings anyway, they're all too much trouble.

s6e15, I don't know what guide your using but if it told you to skip this ep its a bad guide

>finale
Embarrassing...

The one thing the Klingons did right is they killed their gods who were more gay super entities

Any near omnipotent thing needs to be wiped out

yea I was so angry I completely fucked up its s6e15

It didn't really seem to affect the 4D world in any way.

>skipping an episode that's listed as important
>skipping an episode that's listed as high-quality
I suspect that you are not being truthful.

Dukat (Marc) was amazing just like Peter Jurasik and Andreas Katsulas in Babylon 5. He brought the same dynamic usually as you would see with Londo and G'Kar in the series.

But unlike those characters, Dukat has no redeeming traits.

Anyone have a list like this for Stargate SG-1, DS9, Babylon 5?

S7 fucked up so hard

Why did they toss out Dukat being a complex character with dimension and turn him into moustahce twirling space satan

Killing Ziyal was a huge mistake as she helped his character a lot

Take that back.

There's a DS9 one in the tinyurl at the bottom of the timage

Dukat had plenty of redeeming traits, the writers just kept ret-conning them, e.g. Dukat loves his daughter really loves her, nope just kidding he's a selfish bastard who was feeling a tad guilty