Hey, Sup Forums. As someone who wasn't a big fan of Man of Steel, is Batman v Superman worth the watch...

Hey, Sup Forums. As someone who wasn't a big fan of Man of Steel, is Batman v Superman worth the watch? Does it improve upon Man of Steel?

To me, one of the greatest Comic book movies ever released, but you have to see as an elseworld story. Superman is still the persona of Superboy - kinda lost trying to find his place in the world and what is the right thing to do - and Batman is already a veteran, too tired of all the bullshit that he had to deal with and is on the edge.

It has great cinematography, great soundtrack and a kinda divisive Lex. i din't mind though. If Superman still is trying to fing his real persona i think that Lex is doing the same.

Also a really divisive resolution for their conflict. It can make sense, but only if you force it to.

wait until, batman has his stand alone movie. then watch it.
it literallly came out in the wrong order and is not worth the watch right now

>It can make sense, but only if you force it to.

I thought the major themes and character arcs for the most part fall into place fairly naturally.

Really the biggest problem with the movie is that main attention of the story is focused on Batman and Lex Luthor. Both are effective foils to each other, and both are the ones that have competing views regarding the world and the nature of authority and power and its uses. This I think is a really compelling narrative and the main reason why I enjoyed BvS.

That being said, if you didn't like MoS, many of the same problems with how they handled Superman in that movie carry over here. He's passive and broody, and spends too much time wandering around being lectured at by other people rather than speaking for himself. It's the biggest weak link of the movie.

Overall I enjoyed it a LOT more than Man of Steel, but I understand some of the criticism that's been leveled its way.

When will snyderkeks eventually realise that cinematography is not just pictues that would look cool as a wallpaper?

Snyder's composition is all over the place.

The Superman characterization is still consistent with MoS, so that's annoying. A lot of the Bruce Wayne scenes and Wonder Woman scenes are really enjoyable though, which puts it ahead of MoS to me.

You get the weird phenomenon of Ben Affleck giving a genuinely good performance as Batman/Bruce even though the character isn't even that well written.

>Directed by Zack "the Hack"
It was great, OP.

I found the pictures that were kinda all over the place pretty, thats why i think that it look good.

i don't care about who the director is, i'm not talking about him either. Just about the movie, and i enjoyed it.

About the attention not being focused on Superman i found one of the strenghts of the movie. It's good to see the story with the eyes of the humanity, that has to deal with an alien that can destroy the whole wolrd if he wants to, or a God, that only exisrs to prove to us how inferior we all are.

In the next movie, after what happened in the ending, i think that everything will change, and Superman will be viewed as Superman. The introduction of the DCEU will habe ended.

Don't even attempt, insufferable movie

I enjoyed it more than MoS, but most other people didn't. Just download a torrent of it and make your own call, OP.

I'm one of those that thinks its the best superhero movie made so far (except maybe Unbreakable). I like it a lot. If you accept MoS as the beginning of the universe, set aside all of your preconceived notions of how you believe the tone should be or how characters should act (like you might do when starting a new run of a comic book), then you will enjoy it OP.

Yeah but did we REALLY need three movies to get there.

I thought the theatrical version was okay. I loved the Unlimited Edition as the additional material smooths it out and provides added context to the movie. It depends on why you didn't like Man of Steel. If you didn't like it for fundamental reasons - you don't like this version of Superman, you don't like Snyder's directing style, etc, - then you probably won't like BvS since it just isn't your thing. Otherwise, pick up a copy of the Ultimate Edition and figure out if you like it or not yourself.

If you didn't like MoS, you're gonna absolute loathe this movie. It takes the worst things about MoS and makes an entire movie with them.

I disliked MoS but I fucking loved BvS.

It's worse.

If you disliked MoS because MUH ALL-STAR SUPERMAN, you're going to hate BvS just as much.

If you didn't like Man of Steel you'll hate BvS.

All of Man of Steel's flaws are magnified.

Wasn't a big fan of MoS either. Enjoyed BvS more, but didn't love it. Had I gone into it with my expectations on opening night I would have been disappointed, but word of mouth in the first few days kinda buffered my expectations.

It introduced Batman well, that's all it did tho

Superman is sadly worse. It's bad when he cares even less than we do

I unironically think Batman v Superman is the best superhero film of all time.

If you enjoyed Man of Steel you should enjoy Batman v Superman.

Its a bit too honest for its own good. People kind of expect a certain ironic detachment from these kinds of movies. Even the greatest Cape film of all time (superman 78) was "isn't it funny how GOOD superman is".

No. It doubles down on everything wrong with MoS.

>People kind of expect a certain ironic detachment from these kinds of movies.

I personally am fucking bored of capefilms having to approach them with a level of irony. The comics hardly ever approach them ironically and I'm happy that the DCEU is approaching them with sincerity.

I do understand that the current zietgeist doesn't agree with me but I don't fucking care.

No, man of steel is actually better.

Well, Batman kills all over the place, Superman seems confused about why he would bother helping people, the scenes don't actually flow or connect and the dialogue is all over the place, so all of that hurts.

On the other hand, some of the imagery is cool, the fight scenes are pretty nice, Wonder Woman kicking ass is worth the price of admission, and it tried (awkwardly) to set up the next like ... six movies with random ass references and dream sequences and shit that didn't really fit with the rest of the movie at all, but... well, they're there.

If you don't have any feelings about the characters "being" a certain way - like Batman not killing or Superman having a super good and kind nature, and you can get past that... well, there are still problems (dialogue, flow, making sense...) but not that much worse than your average action flick summer blockbuster.

I *really* didn't like it... I'm going to watch the extended version to see if the 40 minutes they added back in helps make it make any damn sense... but I genuinely thought it was embarrassingly bad, mainly because it didn't seem to get the characters at all and - if you can forgive / ignore that - it still seemed written by someone having a stroke.

I really tried, but a hundred scenes that didn't have anything to do with each other later there was moment about 2/3rds of the way through where some guy has 4 lines in a row... and none of them connected or made sense with each other at all. And that was in one continuous uncut scene. He just basically says gibberish. I was done after that.

Batman is acted great but the character as written seems to be batshit crazy. Kills dozens of people in a row... but has a problem with Superman because he might someday go bad maybe. So he decides to kill him but wants to beat him up non lethally first... And superman is just... *Slow* I guess.

It hurt.

Anyway - enjoy the visuals, turn your ears and mind off for the rest. Oh and Lex was... weird.

Agreed. Other than the Jonathan Kent crap, MoS was markedly better.

It's just as bad as Man of Steel and the only parts that worked for me is Clark putting on his best journalism face in the Ultimate Edition of the movie.

No

>Does it improve upon Man of Steel
No. In fact if you hated MoS you'll hate this more