What is your opinion of Jeff Bezos; the world's wealthiest man, captain of industry, founder and CEO of Amazon?

What is your opinion of Jeff Bezos; the world's wealthiest man, captain of industry, founder and CEO of Amazon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5sFvpr7pmHk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsui
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I work for him

I wish i were he.

Amazon is a good service so his wealth is well deserved

>captain of industry
more like robber baron

You don't find their ever-growing encroach on all aspects of consumers' lives to be troubling?

A lot of people consume Amazon so his wealth is well deserved

hopefully the revolution comes before amazon brand alexadrones gun us all down

>someone deserves to have billions of dollars he could never spend in his lifetime even if he tried to, while people in that very country live like literal dogs
>he acquired that wealth by putting thousands of people out of jobs too

youtu.be/5sFvpr7pmHk
Ah yes, the so called “invisible hand” at work.

The pendulum always swings back eventually, so I am not worried. You have to understand that a similar thing was being said about Microsoft back in the early 2000s, and for many other industries before it. Competition will always make new companies and new industries that thrive and grow and replace the old ones

those dollars can create more wealth in his hands than in the hands of a peasant mentality like you that will waste them. Learn how capitalism works

Even if the revolution happened tomorrow do you really think the ultra-wealthy don't already have the means to enslave/exterminate us at will?

>someone deserves to have billions of dollars
He has much less wealth than you think. Wealth statistics are flawed in that if the wealthy tired to convert their assets to cash, the impact of the market would probably result in then getting only half of their wealth in cash. Also, if you look at Bill Gates, he uses virtually all of his wealth for philanthropic purposes, so others, especially the poorest people, so see benefits from the high wealth of a few

they don't control the military, dork.

Trickle-down doesn't work.

Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are the only ultra-rich people that I highly respect since they pledge a lot of their money to charity and educational foundations. They genuinely deserve to be wealthy and loved by the people.

>trickle down doesn't work
>meanwhile technology has progressed to such levels that this user has a better standard of living than all of the richest kings in existence before the year
you were saying?

Yea, but if everybody's standard of living has become better than those of past kings....Then you aren't really that much better off than everyone else.

imagine actually being this fucking retarded

A piece soulless of shit but at the same time people have no right to complain when they use his service.

nah trickle down works

the rich get the wealth and then their piss trickles down on your forehead

Cyberpunk villain.

Why do the US refuse to enforce free market?

>Trickle-down
Is the one that takes the wealth by order of a political entity is a non rational assignament of resources since the economy is a chaotic system that it's behaivour can't be predicted and controlled by a centralized intity

Why not just distribute the wealth equally instead of letting a handful of individuals amass colossal fortunes and trusting them to redistribute the money? Bill Gates obviously isn't the worst of them but he's still obscenely rich, I just can't any justification for that

You're right, the wealth trickles down to slightly less rich people and the genuinely poor who need it the most get fuck all.

No, just the politicians that control the military as well as the companies that manufacture arms, munitions, transportation, fuel, etc.

Ever get a job from a poor person?

He's an asshole as far as I can tell and Amazon is shit.

Becuase fact is that powerful people want to keep their money and they throw money at the politicians too. And Americans get janked around with all these dumb social issues and told to chase after empowerment not through economic means but via the new Star Wars (tm) movies.

My eyes have been opened.

The military is just a frontgroup of the miliarty-industrial-intelligence complex.

>be user
>doesn't die of dysentery at the age of 30
>never has to worry about harvesting and hunting his own food
>"AAAHH someone has a more expensive car than me so my life is shit"

>Imagine being this assblasted that basic logic was able to completely BTFO his views

Never saw a small business get bullied into submission by a multinational by employing anticompetitive practices?

This is the kind of mindset that was employed by those who argued against the progress that led to where we are now. It's useless.

>cyberpunk
>TYRELL CORPORATION
>WEYLAND-YUTANI

>reality
>Amazon :)
>Disney :)

lame as fuck

>Why not just distribute the wealth equally instead of letting a handful of individuals amass colossal fortunes and trusting them to redistribute the money? Bill Gates obviously isn't the worst of them but he's still obscenely rich, I just can't any justification for that
Intelligence and willpower, that's why. If you look at the lottery winners, they waste all of their money on status symbols and combined, they have not donated nearly as much as Bill Gates has. It's a harsh truth that some humans just don't have the willpower to improve their own lives perpetually, instead living in the moment at the expense of their futures. At the end of the day, humans are still animals

I hope he can swim

He'll be putting our unskilled workers out of business in no time. So I hope he plans on paying for the increase in welfare and shipping the beaners back.

So like people making it own their own? Great we should impose a 100% inheritance tax then?

No, but trickle down caused our economy to tank twice and left Kansas in disrepair.

>>"AAAHH someone has a more expensive car than me so my life is shit"

I think people are more angry at working for food stamps in a multi billion dollar company.

>she married her second husband, Miguel "Mike" Bezos,[21] a Cuban immigrant who arrived alone in the United States when he was 15 years old. Mike Bezos had worked his way through the University of New Mexico. He married Jacklyn and adopted 4-year-old Jeff Jorgensen, whose surname was then changed to Bezos.

At least i'm not a cuck with a cucked beaner surname.

What do you mean? Amazon and Disney are cyberpunk af.

>since they pledge a lot of their money to charity and educational foundations.
Gates was the mastermind behind Common Core education. They also make money out of their "charity" due to the massive tax write-off. If these people are worth your respect, respecting their extreme levels of greed and manipulation probably isn't part of said worth.

Mate.

>he could never spend in his lifetime even if he tried to
Implying

>So like people making it own their own? Great we should impose a 100% inheritance tax then?
Not a 100%, as this can hark many farmers who pass down their land. Rather, a graduated estate tax starting at, say $10mil at a 50% rate and going up to 90% at the $1 billion and above mark is preferable.

Fuck off liberal commie.

>working for food stamps in a multi billion dollar company.
Better than collapsing of starvation because your land didn't produce any food their year due to drought

the names are lame

it should be WALT DISNEY INTERNATIONAL ZAIBATSU

>trying to grease the wheels of commerce by encouraging the rich to spend and become philanthropic instead of hoard wealth pointlessly
>commie

Yes, but they aren't peasants in 1082. They live within the world's superpower in 2018.

Disney is literally named after its founder like Tyrell and Weyland if you think about it.

>Listen here you disgusting poor people, you brought it on yourself. If only you knew how to spend money I wouldn't have to keep it all to myself and you wouldn't have to be scrounging for your next meal.
I get your point, but I just can't agree. Give everybody the same opportunities and treatment, and if they fuck up they can only blame it on themselves.

>Give everybody the same opportunities and treatment
Face reality lad. Not everyone is born equally. Some people are born smart, and some are born dumb. If someone has 70 IQ, it would be a waste to even give them opportunities. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's just reality. Granted, I there are cases where very smart people are poor, so the system isn't perfect. But is it the best possible system that can exist given the circumstances

Nothing against him personally. He played the game well and won.

But American democracy is rotten because people like him have too much wealth. Good luck getting anything out of politicians, unless it also happens to be something that enriches guys like him.

>unless it also happens to be something that enriches guys like him.
You can buy Amazon's stock you know

I respect jeff bezos and look up to him

You Americans kind of have a very fucked up idea about who deserved welfare.

Average people who are poor deserve an opportunity, too. Not just the one off genius who happens to be born poor. If middle class people of average IQ get to have a HS and college education, then why shouldn't poor people of average IQ also have the same opportunities?

Poor people of average IQ also get free HS education and there's lots of means-based college aid. Getting good grades in highschool isn't hard you just have to show up and do your homework. Average IQ people can get 4.0 easy

That has nothing to do with what I said.

Piece of shit like all rich people.

Americans really do believe they're all just billionaires waiting to happen and everyone else is a loser.

Your bitching that politicians are favoring him, when you have scenes to the same source of wealth as he does, Amazon's shares. If they truly do favor him, you can benefit by owning the shares

Literally did nothing wrong. Everything he touches is gold, only buttblasted poor have a problem with him. Luckily their voices don't get heard beyond Sup Forums or reddit.

Education, education, education. Help people who need help. There are solutions, but nobody wants to give up their privileges just to give opportunities to someone who *might* waste them.
Some rich folks spend money like literal retards, is that not a waste just because it's "their" money and they can afford it? Who the fuck needs a yacht and 5 mansions and sport cars? How is that not a waste but giving it to people who never had any kind of opportunity is?
Maybe if they were given just one opportunity not to fail, they would. That's basically like holding someone's face in the toilet and telling them "see? your face is full of shit"

>Getting good grades in highschool isn't hard
Easy to say when you were born in a normal, non dysfunctional family. But you don't choose your family.

I know damn well I'm not a billionaire waiting to happen at all. I'm a homeless bum waiting to happen.

I'm just saying that you can get means-based college aid (I did), its easy to 4.0 HS (you're mostly graded on bullshit busywork, HS in USA is easy).

OHNONONONON LOOK AT THIS DOOD'S HEAD

FUCKING HAIRLETS HAHAHAHAHAHA

Why are you all so goddamn retarded?

Fucking Americans. I try so hard not to believe in the stereotype but you are just dumb retards aren't you all? Probably just those retarded Puritan women selecting for anything other than brain mass.

What you said is entirely moronic and I definitely won't get into an argument with a brainlet like you, just to waste my time.

>Easy to say when you were born in a normal, non dysfunctional family. But you don't choose your family.
Nah I do choose to do my homework. Do Europeans not believe in personal responsibility at all? Seems like this kinda bs logic can be used for anything.
"Hey its easy to not murder people"
"Durrr it is if you are born in a normal family but you don't choose your family durrrrrr".

>Some rich folks spend money like literal retards, is that not a waste just because it's "their" money and they can afford it?
Its their money. They can waste their money if they want to. I think we should tax rich more too but you can't compare the govt wasting other people's money to rich people wasting their own money.

Do you guys think the rich ever open up Sup Forums and give a shit about any of your worthless opinions? Lmao imagine being in a yacht while some poor fag neet is crying about capitalism or whatever.

Hahahahahahahahaha! You can't stop it!

That is called, Prosperity theology, and although most of America does not explicit believe in it, it is so deeply ingrained in the American psyche that they fall for that kind of logic anyway.

For example look at how Buffet and Gates are celebrated in the media.

Is he a kike or goy?

>when you get assblasted because years of communist indoctrination is BTFOd by a single "why don't you buy the stock?" Statement
I really feel sorry for you

Don't think you understand the meaning of that word

Yes! The revolution will commence!

Yes. There are plenty of rich kids who browse boards on here. For example on /o/ they sometimes show their very posh cars. Some guy even had a private jet. On /sci/ sometimes they boast about their private college education.

Don't visit other boards but I'm sure there are more examples.

Yeah its all shareholders shareholders but anyone can buy a share. I put retirement money into shares I don't know where it goes though.

>shoots you in the head

Heh... you were saying?

Lizard.

>Do Europeans not believe in personal responsibility at all?

Not until you are an adult. Before that, it is the state responsibility to give evey child a chance.

>pendulum always swings back eventually
fucking cryptomarxist
>similar thing was being said about Microsoft back in the early 2000s
it hasn't become any better since the early 2000s (see Win 10)

>Do Europeans not believe in personal responsibility at all?
We do, personal responsibility is not everything. It's easier to chose to do your hw when you have a quiet room to yourself, and parents not yelling at each other all the time and whatnot.

>Its their money.
Just because they earned it legally (like, say, Jeff Bezos) doesn't mean it's rightfully theirs. Also, what do you make of people who inherit money?
There's not justification for someone buying a sports car when the same amount of money could feed a family for years.

Yeah some people are inspired and celebrate success. Is that different from looking at elite athletes and olympic champions instead of fat neets?

Yeah but they don't give a fuck about a fat neet communist revolution it's almost as retarded as the Sup Forums "muh day of the rope" shit

You should let an insurance company do that for you. They pool the money and diversify the risk.

True cyberpunk tier mega companies are still Japanese Keiretsu. Companies so massively powerful that each of their subsidiaries is big enough to be a mega company. The Mitsui conglomerate is one such company.

Parent company of
Sony
Toyota
The Sumitomo banking groups
Toshiba
Japan Steel Works
Sapporo
Yamaha
Vale Mining
Tokyo Broadcasting
Komatsu
IHH
BHP

and a bajillion other companies. A mega company floating various brands as their fronts which itself is barely known and dates back to the 16 century.

pension fund*

works in a similar way though

Personal responsibility in Europe means, "work hard and don't take unnecessary risks, and we will take care of the rest".

Mutual funds also offer these services as well

>103B
really makes you think

This is interesting, thank you.

>Not until you are an adult. Before that, it is the state responsibility to give evey child a chance.
USA has tons of programs for kids. We have literal free lunches for kids. Medicaid prefers kids. Free K-12 education for kids (not pictured in this graph). Families get preferences for subsidized housing and tax breaks for every kid. Kids are given every chance here and a lot of preferential stuff too.

>Just because they earned it legally (like, say, Jeff Bezos) doesn't mean it's rightfully theirs.
Yeah it is. If you go and earn some money its yours.

>Also, what do you make of people who inherit money?
Fine, same as any other gift. If someone gives you a gift of money then its yours.

>There's not justification for someone buying a sports car when the same amount of money could feed a family for years.
You can say the same stuff about your computer. Your computer can probably feed a family in Africa for a year. Everyone is rich compared to someone else. Once again, I do think rich should be taxed more probably. Doesn't mean your money isn't yours.

source

But I bet the ownership and voting rights are more decentralized than in the typical US Corp.

>Personal responsibility in Europe means, "work hard and don't take unnecessary risks, and we will take care of the rest".
Who is this "we"? The govt? So if I work hard on my anime figurine collection, "Europe" (EU?) will take care of the rest? "Its easy to get a real job when you are born into a good family, but he was not so lets just care for this NEET"?

Does EU even take care of the rest though? Because I know those people in Portugal and Greece and Eastern Europe all work hard too but they live like crap.

Just look them up. They literally have so much power that they were partially responsible for goading Japan into world war two and just buy out shareholders by offering them 200% of their stock value to gain mass shares in rival firms.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsui

>USA has tons of programs for kids. We have literal free lunches for kids. Medicaid prefers kids. Free K-12 education for kids (not pictured in this graph). Families get preferences for subsidized housing and tax breaks for every kid. Kids are given every chance here and a lot of preferential stuff too.

All of this doesn't matter as long as your federal government doesn't force your schools to provide high quality education.
Because the financing of your schools is done at a small level, you literally have a conflict of interest between parents who want to pay as little taxes as possible and children who deserves better.

Keiretsu operate by having officials purchase stock in several interlocking companies sometimes vertically integrated and other times otherwise separate on paper, in trusts which are then controlled by the board of directors of the central company. They're basically holding companies but command control of firms in basically every sector imaginable. They're conglomerates big enough to internally control and regulate their own competition.

>Because I know those people in Portugal and Greece and Eastern Europe all work hard too but they live like crap.

100% guaranteed that people in Portugal and Greece are living way better than poor people in America. You don't know what you are talking about. And except for Ukraine, even in Eastern Europe, poor people have it better.