Scoop: Geoff Johns Is Now President As Well As Chief Creative Officer Of DC Entertainment

That’s right. Geoff Johns is now President & Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment.

Diane Nelson is still President of DC Entertainment, and Geoff still reports to Diane.Warner Bros has Presidents like Marvel has Captain Americas.

And while there was a lot of Hyatt bar gossip about this at San Diego Comic-Con, I understand from better-connected sources that Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee also still report directly to Diane.

Apparently, this promotion happened a few months ago when his responsibilities were extended to co-running the DC film slate with Warner Bros studio’s Jon Berg, during the Batman V Superman fallout.

They just didn’t think to tell anyone.

He’s still listed as Chief Creative Officer on DC Comics’ indicia, including comic books out tomorrow

You can see the current movie direction for Justice League and Wonder Woman as seen at San Diego Comic-Con as directly down to Geoff Johns, and his promotion from a mere CCO to P&CCO reflects this.

It’s good to be the king.

Geoff Johns is currently in London doing… stuff. I wonder if I’ll bump into him in Orbital Comics tomorrow?

DC Entertainment representatives declined to comment when approached.

bleedingcool.com/2016/07/26/scoop-geoff-johns-is-now-president-as-well-as-chief-creative-officer-of-dc-entertainment/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Other urls found in this thread:

heroichollywood.com/geoff-johns-now-president-well-chief-creative-officer-dc-entertainment/
newsarama.com/30312-sdcc-2016-dc-meet-the-co-publishers-didio-lee-panel.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

At this point I'm only surprised that he's not been named EiC. All the stuff about Rebirth sounds like he's highly involved, meeting with every creative team and shit.

This is really fucking dumb and clearly false.

Nobody deserves it more. Geoff did more for DC in the last decade than anyone.

wait 2 presidents how the fuck does that work

the article makes it sound like just a title.

Congrats

Thanks.

Geoff, where is my shazam book

>two presidents

>GEOFF JOHNS CONFIRMS PRESIDENT STATUS ON Sup Forums
Where's it at Rich?

>two presidents
>still no prez part 2

>You can see the current movie direction for Justice League and Wonder Woman as seen at San Diego Comic-Con as directly down to Geoff Johns
Johns is a true hero. The man who will save the DCEU.

Good choice of picture.
I'm fine with this.

I'm sure it will be out right after Mystik U and Super Sons

It's pretty much just a title. Everyone still reports to Nelson, including Johns. She's the President. He's the "President," but basically just a matter of his Chief Creative Officer position getting a bump in importance and the word President being slapped on as a badge to say "hey, actually listen to this guy."

Basically, he's doing the same thing he's been doing for years, but now the people over at WB Studios actually have to pay attention to him.

It's funny how we are just gonna assume every good thing that happens at DC is Johns doing from now on

eventually his fingerprints will become somewhat obvious, like how Didio has the "saves weird books from cancellation" thing

Are you implying Johns will be at Orbital tomorrow?

more confirmation

heroichollywood.com/geoff-johns-now-president-well-chief-creative-officer-dc-entertainment/

Although DC Entertainment declined to comment for this story when pressed, I was able to confirm the promotion through my own sourcing and it is indeed true!

Mouse over video for audio

Geoff Johns is not only Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment but President as well.

It’s the smart move on Warners part. You can see Geoff Johns fingerprints all over the upcoming DC Films slate. Geoff Johns has complete creative control on the upcoming standaloneBatmanfilm with director Ben Affleck who recently made comments to DC All Access about working with Johns.

>Geoff Johns is a brilliant guy. I consider him to be the most valued resource on all things comic book, and every time I like something in the comic I always mention it he’s like oh yeah I wrote that. Now I just think he’s bulls******* me and he says he wrote everything. You know he and I are working together on something and I really am excited about it, and I love him, he’s the best.

John also has screenplay credit on the upcomingWonder Womanand co-wrote the treatment forAquamanwith James Wan. Will Beall was recently hired to scriptAquamanbased off Johns & Wan’s treatment. As you can see, the Justice League is indeed in good hands.

>every time I like something in the comic I always mention it he’s like oh yeah I wrote that. Now I just think he’s bulls******* me and he says he wrote everything.

I love this man

So Geoff is controlling the whole DC universe.
Darkseid should have looked for the Anti-Life Equation in cereal boxes

>Now I just think he’s bulls******* me and he says he wrote everything

kek

Is Geoffposting going to become a thing?

>Now I just think he’s bulls******* me and he says he wrote everything.

Johns is an acolyte of the Morrisonian Hypercrisis, Darkseid's going to have to work harder to corrupt him than that.

Does Johns now have more power over the comics than Lee and Didio?

He already created Zoomposting

Johns seems to be doing what the EIC does so he's at least up there
Didio and Lee listen to him most of the time

what is bendises fingerprint

>No, this can't be happening! I'm in charge here!

He might have more control over direction but it feels like he doesn't actively recruit talent and shit. Rucka is the only one I can remember mentioning Johns specifically in the pitch to get him back.

So we can expect Green Lantern soon right?

>wait 2 presidents how the fuck does that work

DC is run like the Sith.

The Hanna Barbera relaunch is all Didio, I'm sure he's not troubled

A thick layer of grease.

>Didio has Hanna Barbera line
>Lee has Wildstorm line
>Johns has mainstream DC line

dare to dream

Are they even doing anything with the Wildstorm characters who aren't Midnighter? They're not the best fit for the DCU. Hell since I'm asking, anyone knows what's the deal with the Milestone reboot? Was that cancelled?

They said stuff about both at SDCC. I think Wildstorm news is coming for NYCC and they're working on the Milestone relaunch still.

Coming in 2017 with old people jsa and legion of superheroes

>the Justice League is indeed in good hands.
i think that really depends on how late in production he took over he will unfuck some of synders shit but he cant fix it all

Is Wildstorm line going to still be part of the DCU?

I brought up Wildstorm because they said news was coming at SDCC

newsarama.com/30312-sdcc-2016-dc-meet-the-co-publishers-didio-lee-panel.html

>The co-publishers then opened the floor to audience questions. A young fan asked Lee about whether we might see Wildstorm characters show up in Rebirth, or characters from Astro City or ABC Comics. Lee said there were plans for Wildstorm characters, and there will be an announcement at New York Comic Con. "I think people are going to be blown away," Lee said, as DiDio invited the fan up to sit with them.

I don't know

>Being such a fanboy that you get to fix shit about the thing you love the most

Living the dream. Also isn't that pretty much the origin of both Thawne (fanboy) and Zolomon (wanting to improve a hero)?

WELL FUCK

kek

Geoff is Superboy Prime, obviously

Not to mention Superboy Prime.

>tfw it will never be Prime Time again

>So Geoff is controlling the whole DC universe.

Hal/Sinestro confirmed canon?

I don't know what to make of it all. Because the more I'm rereading this, the more it seems to indicate that he's ONLY the president of the DC Films halfbreed between DC and WB. That is, although he's named as a President of DC Entertainment, that really only extends to the film sector -- hence, why he's not listed as President anywhere in the comics themselves and, hence, why he'll automatically be given at least an Executive Producer credit from all DC films from here on out.

In other words, this might have fuck all to do with comics. And, worst case scenario, it might cement the possibility of Johns taking a longer vacation from comics-writing than we imagined.

it was already canon in his run tbqh

One day Geoff will become powerful enough to surpass his master. He will then take an apprentice and the cycle will continue.

h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h

>Nobody deserves it more. Geoff did more for DC in the last decade than anyone.

shut the fuck up, Johns poisoned DC and has been important part of every shit path they are taken.

>and he says he wrote everything.

Yeah, since he has spend the last 6 years pushing HIS material to be put in live actions movies, His cyborg, his flash, the guy doesnt rest, he is a consultant that only can reference his own work.

the guy used his executive tittle to get both the Wonder Woman and Batman scrip writing jobs. 2 characters he is terrible at and that he wasnt familier with until 2 years ago.

>unfuck

But Johns is TERRIBLE with the league.

>nuh muh batgod
fuck off

literally anyone is better than snyder. you could get tommy weisau and he would still be able to unfuck it

Great point fucking fanboy

Read batman earth 1 and JL Darkseid war, he actually knows what he is doing

Snyder's new gods could be 10 times better than anything Johns has done with them Or the fucking anti-monitor for that matter

Yeah nah, johns actually made both Barda and Scott good again so yeah

>Read batman earth 1 and JL Darkseid war

That's some really shitty taste

nah
>snyder's anything
>better than anyone's
DKEK
C
U
C
K

>made both Barda and Scott good again so yeah

No he didnt, he put them on 3 pages as a pair and them split them again.

earth-1 is good though.

Nah, they are actually married and Barda had to go, at lest now we know that they still love each other

darkseid war was horrible towards the end it was considered a storytime of pain

It isn't bad enough for that, and it reads slightly better together.

>he put them on 3 pages as a pair
that's literally the best treatment they've gotten in years

>and them split them again
well nobody is perfect

That's like ordering a hot dog and thanking the cook that he didnt forgot the sausage. It's the absolute minimum you can do with them, and you guys pretend it's some kind of accomplish, it was a extremely shitty story in a extremely mediocre run.

Mobius mobius mobius mobius... ten fucking times in every page so we don't forget that's it's the new canon and how we need to call him... And then dies in one page.

i agree with you but people were wanting the absolute minimum because they weren't getting it from the other stories with Barda that ran for like 2 years

I honestly think that by the last two issues he had to take full control of rebirth and had to rush the ending out, I still think that we will see something about the anti monitor again, it's not the first time he dies

It had to be earlier than that, like at least when the one-shots were going.

DC started to set shit up with some January books getting fill-ins.

It was a story time of pain since Justice league 049, the Grail issue was so shitty it didnt even got 200 posts, most of the comments during the storytimes were negative.

The thing with DW is that it's 20% of Johns run, it was the story that had to justify his run, it was extremely hyped by the fans of johns claiming he "NOW" would do a good darkseid, johns went on on interviews talking about how many hours he talked about new gods on the phone, his plans for kanto (drinking one fucking glass of wine). Darkside War on it's own it's mediocre and poorly writen, decompressed storytelling, retarded dialogues, and so much exposition you it felt like a episode of an anime for kids, but the worst crime of the story isnt that the only good issues were not done by johns, it's that it just wasnt worth it.

Pic related was made the day that comic was published, and sadly it ended up being 100% right

It was terrible since it started, and lots of people were complaining but most of us still had faith. Looking back... well... it was shit.

I was speaking more to the timeline that he would have started working on Rebirth. It wouldn't have only been the last two issues of DW that he was busy.

I don't think the first issues were as bad as you're saying though. The only obvious flaw was the Anti-Monitor stuff. But you care more about hating the arc than I care to defend it anyway. Whole JL run was probably his worst I've read in any case.

EiC would just put him in charge of the comics, not anything else.

Technically he's now directly Didio's boss instead of indirectly like he was as CCO.

Please just give him more and more control over the movies.

>Please just give him more and more control over the movies.

Yeah, the movies he cant really control directly are the batman and superman ones, but he is a writer of the movie so he can influence the movie that way.

Johns sucked the right cocks for years.

I only care about the comics to be honest

Who does he take? Snyder? Orlando?

I want that hat.

Top Five Geoff comics go:

JSA
Final Crisis Legion of 3 Worlds
Action Comics
Wally West Flash run
Booster Gold

Worst:
Teen Titans
Barry Allen flash
batman earth one
infinite crisis

They're clearly trying to make King the next big name. I guess we'll see.

>Batman earth one
>Bad
As a batfag, stop, batgod is not everything in the world

I don't think I'd disagree with that best list, his Action is probably my favorite run. I might put Rogues Revenge ahead of Booster Gold if we're listing minis separately since Booster Gold was enhanced by having read 52 first (and I don't like crediting it to any one writer).

I'd throw Aquaman and Sinestro Corps Wars on the "Best" list there too.

Johns isn't a perfect writer, but the list of stuff he's done that I genuinely love is definitely longer.

Yeah, his Aquaman stuff is pretty neat.

If youre a Kylefag literally just put a bullet in your brain

Kyle is more relevant than John and Guy at this point but his fans still bitch

tfw not a kylefag and really enjoyed omega men.

he just needs to not be jesus lantern

Youa re not a fucking batfag, batfags love legends of the dark knight and year one, fuck you, the "not muh batgod" is not a fucking argument when the most popular batman stories don't have batgod on it aside from morrison's. And hell! Both AA and especially GOTHIC don't have the batgod.

Honestly I would rather they keep him as the White Lantern or Ion and then just use him sparingly in stories.

But then again I think there's just too many damn human Lanterns as it is and want there to be more ways to distinguish between them or split them up into different roles.

>there's just too many damn human Lanterns

And who is to blame for that?

They're doing something weird with him. Apparently he wasn't in any promo art because it's a spoiler.

Hey now there were four of them before Johns even touched the corps.