Why did Steven get away with this?

Why did Steven get away with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qHmUV8L_MLA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cause Lars is a dickhead and no one likes him.

Because nobody likes Lars. Even his parents have given up on him.

Those poor folks have to live every day with the cold hard fact that they spawned that horrible excuse of a human being.
>tfw you will never give Martha and Dante a hug and let them know they tried their best

He did't. I'm pretty sure he apologized to Lars.

Or are you asking why people were upset with Lars? That's because Lars is a dick and they were let down when it turned out Lars wasn't turning a new leaf.

And at the end he runs off with the dumb bitch that gets off on his shittiness instead of changing for the better.

It was an accident.

That doesn't give Steven a pass for the shitty thing he did

It did though.

People forgive fleeting mistakes no matter how. They don't forgive being an eternally unapologetic asshole.

He apologized for it.

And everyone liked Steven Lars better than actual Lars.

Let me guess, Steven used his shapeshifting powers to impersonate Lars and made an ass of himself all over town?

No. Steven accidently dream hopped into Lars' body and went around town being nice and making everyone like Lars.

That doesn't sound anything like Steven... though to be fair what he did is significantly more awkward

Who's going to punish him?

I'm sorry officer but I don't see a LAW on PSYCHIC POSSESSION anywhere in that cute little law book of yours, do you?

Yeah. That's right. You go get that warrant. See you in your dreams, bitch.

Lars is shitty and they liked him better when steven was in him. The fact that to them, he broke into steven's house and started slapping him didn't help matters

Better question

why are all the Sadie Lars shipping episodes the most morally repugnant?

It is when everyone else in the world is in favor of it.

I woke up in someone else's body! Now how to best ruin his life? - Steven Universe 2016

Steven would be a terrifying antagonist.

Super Strength
Mobility
Gravity Hax
Beast Familiar
Shields
Mental Invasion and tracking
Cult of Personality
Organic Fusion and Power Amplification

Shit! I forgot Infinite Plant Army.

No one really cares about an absolute or objective right and wrong but rather what benefits them. Steven being Lars was more enjoyable and Steven is obviously already loved so they excuse if not encourage his actions because they improved their lives without really taking into consideration what he had done.

Most of the people in the scene didn't realize what had happened. They just thought Lars was acting strange and unstable.

Basically only Steven, Lars, and Sadie really knew what happened. They chalked it up as accidental magic weirdness because they've been around it so much. Thrown in with more of an emotional focus on people liking Lars more when he's not a dick.

They literally said that they were trying to be prepared for the day when he becomes a felon.

Let's be honest the watermelon army is more cute than threatening and would be just plain fun to destroy.
youtube.com/watch?v=qHmUV8L_MLA

Because teenagers are morally repugnant.

Yes it does. Don't be a dick.

The same reason for the lazy writing of this episode, just to show Connie's feet!

Of course _Connie_ would get the jacket in the divorce.

>that feel when just about everyone but the girl you treat terrible prefers someone else in your body

suddenly i'm aware that i'm not the popular or well connected person to my friends or family

Here, have more Connie feet.

The situation itself was accidental, sure he screwed around but look at it from his perspective. Just wanted to "help" in his own sometimes weird way

I don't think we have enough backstory to just dog Lars, some of most disliked characters are the most relatable anyways. There's probably reason motivating his behavior

...serious? Real friends like the real you. Its on Lars for putting up a front for the cool kids but he wants to be accepted/have friends, Sadie and Steven are just about the only ones that give it to him unconditionally

But he could make more plant soldiers out of more threatening plants.

MARTHA?

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME

In his defense, Stephen didn't intentionally bodyjack Lars. That was an accident.

The most he can be blamed for is not immediately owning up to the weird situation. Which is understandable under most such scenarios. Stephen running around acting like a crazy person trying to get people to believe him would have just fucked up Lars's life.

you also forgot shapeshifting. he can turn his fingers into little cats, no doubt he could do some dangerous shit if he really wanted to

Its not even that.

Sadie WANTED to believe that Stephen saying kind things was how Lars really felt about her. But she knew Lars too well to ever take such words for reality, the only reason Lars would ever say that sort of thing to her was to hurt her.

Ironically the thing he DID try to actually affect in his life backfired.

Really, a Stephen that was actually in control of his powers would be absolutely horrifying. Like, 'a threat to the Justice League' tier villain material. Especially since he could fuse with other villains for a power boost.

Lets see Batman have a plan prepared for the various fusion combinations.

Properly aimed batarang to the gem

You know what would have fucked up Lars's life the least? Just staying in Lars's room and thinking over the situation until figuring out going to immediately check on Steven's regular body would be the best course of action instead of trying to live a day in the life of Lars.

Steven's first and biggest mistake was going down the stairs to breakfast and getting himself caught up in the situation.

>brown
>loli
>bare feet
>spats
>mfw

Being organic, I wouldn't be surprised if he could turn part of his body into something and then separate it from his body, the creation being able to act freely and live without further use of power. Of course, then he'd need to replenish himself in order to get fully back to normal, I'd imagine.

That's a great edit.

Because Lance is a cunt.

Why are the teenager episodes so consistently bad?

>Real friends like the real you.
So sticking by a cynical whiny chump is something "real friends do"? Sounds like the exact thing that same cynical whiny chump would say after he realizes his abrasiveness pushes everyone away.

It is a bad show, what did you expect?

There's also no law against breaking rocks. If a Rose Quartz gem were to accidentally get shattered in its sleep then hypothetically, it would all be above board.

Ehh it comes back to the longterm ingrained knowledge of the gems within humanities cultural awareness. People are aware that things like this are possible, albeit incredibly rare since theyre arent many gems left, so it isnt a huge shock. That mixed with the fact that everyone knows steven and that he was honest when he said it was an accident AND that he didnt really cause any harm.

>tfw my sister is literally Lars
>tfw my mother cries on my shoulder every christmas and asks what she did wrong

>tfw she's 27 and unlikely to ever grow out of it now

because what is anyone going to do about it? he's a fucking alien/human hybrid, would you fuck with that?

also, steven is basically unstoppable now, he could kill you from his bed..

i feel like steven is basically the anthony fremont of the town and no one would want to argue with him if he did do anything bad because what if they're next?

obviously none of that is true because steven is a good kid and everyone sees that, lars is just a dick so good kid > dick teenager

I'm guessing that in those long, dark nights of personal reflection and self-pity you've long-ago realized the answer to that question.

how