Was he kind of an Asshole?

Was he kind of an Asshole?

As a kid sure, but expecting him to do superhero stuff until he died or something would be unreasonable.

Is this man kissing his wife's son?

Kind of.
It helps that Megamind and his bit was pretty much just really elaborate play fights. They essentially just had to put up with an annoying but ultimately harmless nuisance after he left.

yeah
That was a big part of his whole thing

>don't ever kiss me or my wife's son again

Kinda. Life was getting stale for him, and he knew that even if he were to "die" Megamind wouldn't really cause much damage. That said, faking his death and telling nobody about it, not even his girlfriend, was kind of an asshole move, though obviously they wouldn't just let him retire.
Not coming back when Titan became an actual serious threat was a bit of a dick move, though you could argue that was him showing that he had faith in Megamind beating him.

This, although simply abandoning them is pretty dickish. On the other hand, there really isn't a reasonable way to escape such a situation; if you let people know you're leaving people will just hate you and villains take over. A disruption of the status quo is out of the question, whether you like it or not. Now that I think about it, this sounds like a neat concept to explore.

LITTLE

>not even his girlfriend, was kind of an asshole move, though obviously they wouldn't just let him retire.
she wasn't his girlfriend tho

Wasn't she? Shit, I watched the movie on a flight between Canada and Paris, I may be forgetting some things.

>Kind of

People who think he was an asshole are the same as people who think it's morally wrong for superman to have a secret identity because being Clark Kent means he isn't saving people 25/7

people thought they were dating but they weren't.

With great power comes great responsibility.

does it always? And to what extent is responsibility?

I mean Metroman had been born with his powers, he never really asked for them and for years did just as what was expected of him.

As other have pointed out, he did a kind of dickish move but none of the alternatives would have been better.

He was nicer as an adult than he was as a kid. Probably deserved a kick in the nuts that he never received.

Isn't that what Megamind is going to do?

Seems strange that Megamind never got a series considering Kung-fu Panda, HTTYD and Madagascar did.
Two 11 minute shorts per episode, one pre movie one post movie, plots not neccessarily connected. I'd watch that.

You're not contractually obligated to be responsible until you die. All people deserve respite at some point or another.

YOU DON'T OWE THEM ANYTHING, CLARK!

You have the right to choose what to do with your power; that's free will. But yeah, it's kind of a jerk move to not help people. This applies to real life people too, especially the intelligent and powerful.

Realtalk though, I think choosing a successor and then retiring would be a good idea. Who and how, I have no idea.

Only if your actively using the power.

It's only really jerkish if you don't use your powers/talents for anything useful at all. A person with great powers but chooses to just paint all their life shouldn't be called a jerk, they're contributing something to the world even if they aren't blowing out fires by exhaling through their nose.

With great power must also come great responsibility.
You don't suddenly have the responsibility to use your powers, nor is it your responsibility to save people with said power, but if you DO use said power you must use it responsibly.

One thing though: would he have eventually grown too old to have needed a successor? Many superheroes, especially the Superman expies, seem to be near immortal or at least so slow in aging they can be heroing centuries after beginning their career.

Still yea, you think Metroman could have just chosen a successor so there could still be a hero to keep the legit threats at bay.

>Jesus Christ, Peter! I just meant to use your powers thoughtfully. I didn't mean to dress up like a fucking Luchador/spider-fetishist and use chemical grade jizz to stick people to ceilings and turn half the criminal element into furries or some other kind of mutant! God, what was your mother smoking when she was pregnant with you?

also monsters vs aliens

the thing about Megamind is, I think they just didn't want a series where the main character would be married.

Look up the graphic novel 'Wanted'

Its based on the idea that the villains managed to get rid of all superheroes and now they run the show .

Did they really get married at the end? Far as I could tell, MM and the girl were just really close and whatnot. Granted yea, networks seem to hate the idea of showing kids that their cartoon heroes can have fucking steady relationships.

hey I just saw this movie in FOX

on the other hand don't read Wanted, cause it's grim-derp garbage

Never!

>nor is it your responsibility to save people with said power
That was literally the point of him letting the burglar that killed Uncle Ben go.

Monsters vs Aliens had a really short lived series on Nickelodeon. Not anything special.

It's like 26 episodes. About half are really great, rest are okay. Possibly the best dodgeball episode ever made, though. And as we all know Dodgeball episodes are the king of any episodic cartoon.

I only remember seeing like, 3 episodes and never seeing it pop up on the channel guide again.

Do you randomly capitalize Nouns? Are you a Kraut? Do you need Help?

>Was he kind of an Asshole?
that's kind of harsh on the kid, don't you think OP?

The themes are barely touched on in wanted it is just a edgy want fest.

No, just black.

Sort of, wasn't that the point?

eh whu

What makes you say that?
Because his lips are connect to a piece of shit?

The situation was still retarded. Why didn't one of the cops stay on ground floor in case the perp escapes the first one? Why didn't Uncle Ben have a better security system and/or gun? Why didn't Aunt May have a gun?

What alarm system? It was the early sixties, you knob.

>You have the power to help, but don't.
>You think.you're above such things, and let itgo with apathy.
>It comes back to haunt you

He's been paying that price ever since. Its good ol' fashioned karma. He got a jackpot of powers, but chose to do nothing. Considering what kinda universe Marvel is, some deity somewhere was majorly PISSED.

And yet if he had stopped his version of Joe Chill, he would have become an unrepentant jerkass anyway.
The thing about Peters character, is that Uncle Ben dying the way he did was necessary for Peter to grow as a character. As a 15 year old high school student, with the way Ditko wanted him to be an anarchist, Peter would have most likely shot up a school out of repressed rage. Look at his first appearances- he's one wedgie away from getting Uncle Bens service revolver and gut shotting Flash.

Ben HAS to the the martyr, for Peter is such an extremely flawed character from.the get go. He either shoulders the world's guilt or suffers from his own hubris in other realities.

He's Captain Hammer if Hammer wasn't a narcissistic villain.

He wasn't an asshole for having desires or getting sick of his job, but he was an asshole for lying to everyone and abandoning them. He couldn't at least try to train some successors, teach people to handle threats?

You kind of missed the point there. I'm not talking about the after effects, I'm talking about exploring just how much superheroes rely on status quo. They can't leave their job and it's easy for them to feel trapped because of it.

shit no if i had any sort of real power the first thing id do is nuke half the world and dissapear 90% of our problems literally over night.
id start with africa and the middle east including isreal, south america and parts of asia. some of russia and then finally canada and australia.
the let would hate me but id be the hero the world deserved but didnt want.
history has proven time and time again that genocide is a fast, reliable and efficient way to deal with problems without any unwanted side effects.

Not really, he saved thousands of lives and made his city a great place. The problem was he was always expected to be the person to bail everyone out. Faking his death was the only way to escape it. Plus, he could always come back if he had to.

A bit as a kid but I think that was more of a reflection of how kids can be.
He grows up to be a decent guy.

It was kind of an interesting idea. He's not really a hero or a villain heart, just a pretty normal guy who was pushed into heroism because of his powers.

>just a pretty normal guy
His parents were filthy rich
Doesn't explain why he went to school in a barn next to the city, but whatever. Nothing really explained why the guards left a baby in jail