Surface Level

>Surface Level
>"WHOA NOLAN'S MOVIES ARE SO DEEP AND CONFUSING"

>Reddit Skeptic Level
>"Nolan's movies are dumb blockbusters that trick dumb people into feeling smart"

>Sup Forums Level
>"Haha look at the memes."

>Patrician Level
Nolan's movies are held back by shoddy script and dialogue, but the filmmaking is second to none in today's industry. Modern Nolan surpasses modern Scorcese, in beautiful neo-romantic films that envelope the viewer in exhilarating Wagner-esque scores and breathtaking visuals. Inception is a masterpiece worthy of Hitchcock

This

>shoddy script and dialogue
>if I took that mask off would you die?
>it would be extremely painful...
>you're a big guy
>for you
>shoddy script and dialogue
Fuck you it's pure kino

Yet none are as masterful as pic related and his newest film os going to be critically and box-office wise humiliated by it.

Nolan is a fucking hack you moron.

>the filmmaking is second to none in today's industry. Modern Nolan surpasses modern Scorcese, in beautiful neo-romantic films that envelope the viewer in exhilarating Wagner-esque scores and breathtaking visuals. Inception is a masterpiece worthy of Hitchcock
His movies are basically unwatchable, his only ability is having huge wads of cash to spend on impressive setpieces.

Michael Bay is a true master filmmaker.

Nolan has only ever made one bad film (Inception, 2011)

Inception's pretty fucking good. I don't know if it's his best but it's pretty fucking good.

The Good. Nolan has grand vision, a rarity; he has a deeply sentimental heart; he uses a lot of stunning vistas; he plays with narrative structure; well-versed in genre and able to bend it.

The Bad. His action is clumsy; characters are two-dimensional and forgettable.

The Meme. Dialogue is ridiculous.

>not putting Sup Forums Level above Patrician Level

You really overdid it with the last two sentences man, you suck hard

lol no. inception is good, interstellar on the other hand is shit

Inception was brainletcore
Interstellar was pure kino

nolan likes his spectacle spectacle but a good filmmaker he ain't. his action direction is a mess. the pacing of inception went from too slow to too much.

It's more like an extreme love-hate relationship here.

Most of you actually love his ideas, his artistic integrity and the execution of grand set pieces, but the hamfisted exposition and clunky dialogue/blocking keep his films from being truly "great" films.
You do not hate him like most people hate Uwe Boll, but you hate him because you see the potential of him making great films while keeps making the same flaws over and over again.
Not one of his films is below average in quality, but anons here must call it "complete utter dogshit" to balance out the general opinion of him.

People just think Nolan is capable of much more

Thank god there is no hand to hand one-on-one combat in Dunkirk.

TDKR

This is Sup Forums level

TDKR is still atleast average, clunky dialogue and poor choreography doesn't make an entire film bad.

correct

Found the redditor

>Hurr all the police officers down to the sewers!
TDKR is memeworthy but shit

>Wagner-esque
I love some Zimmer shit but sometimes he just straight rips from classical pieces, and he even steals from himself.

The Dark Knight Whiffs

He has squinty faces DiCaprio or simpering reddit beta male JGL in nearly all his films, so unfortunately his work can never touch greatness.

At least he's not as bad as Williams. Then again, after being decades of business creating something completely original every time becomes somewhat of an impossibility.

There will not be single british person who will not give this movie a full score everywhere.

>Exaggeration: The english warmovie.

>, but the filmmaking is second to none in today's industry.

How can anyone watch the amateurish piece of shit that is the dark knight rises and honestly think this? The funny thing about Nolan is that he is bad at everything.

All of the action scenes in his movies are typical western trash tier

Squinty betas like Clint Eastwood?

You freaks are so sensitive about men's styles and nu male stuff. Pathetic.

Nolan has only ever made one good film, namely the first 5 minutes and 4 seconds of "The Dark Knight Rises".

No it's not, cunt. You're just jerking yourself off for feeling smart and putting other people down because it wasn't at the utmost level of what you're able to appreciate

Are you familiar with the term hipster?

The craftsmanship in Nolans films isn't that great. He's the guy who managed to make a movie about dreams look dull.

unception was fucking shit

>But Christopher this scene makes no sense
>Just turn the intensity music way up and add more jump cuts, no one will notice

Nolan-govnolan.

this. it's hard to think of a more FUCKING BORING filmmaker than Nolan. He encapsulates anti-cinema.

>L-LOOK I DID THE MEME, I'M Sup Forums NOW RIGHT?

back to plebbit with you

>Insomnia
>The Prestige
>Batman Begins

All excellent. Get outta here, small guy

I [enjoy] Christopher Nolan films.

not true

was that an argument? or just autistic screeching

>Christopher "one take" Nolan
>the filmmaking is second to none in today's industry
What did he mean by this?

>Michael Bay is a true master filmmaker.

His movies are basically unwatchable, his only ability is having huge wads of cash to spend on 'impressive' cgi explosions.

this

I love his films but his writing is not the best.

The fact that Dunkirk almost as no dialog means it going to be fucking brilliant.