Am i the only person on earth who can't stand finding nemo and wall-e?

am i the only person on earth who can't stand finding nemo and wall-e?

they are both extremely weak, drab with too much blue(nemo)too much brownish orange (walle)

ratatouille is way better yet it never gets talked about

while nemo and walle are critically acclaimed

why?

Maybe you have no soul, ever think of that?

maybe

i just find it hard to relate to a fish? but i didn't have that problem with toy story which are just toys

lot of pixar shit is overrated

Up fucking sucks

Ratatouille is acclaimed by everyone and gets talked about all the time. Your thread sucks.

>ratatouille is way better yet it never gets talked about
This, Ratatouille is top 5 Pixar films. Finding Nemos is good, however, being top 10. Walle is overrated tho

only fucking hipsters talk about ratatouille

This and
This
Lurk more, OP. Finding Nemo has pretty good emotional themes in it, every fish character is mentally ill and unable to properly exist in the real world.
I really really like Wall-E, and I've noticed women are less likely to "get" it. Ita probably the most overtly satirical Pixar film.

Is there literally anything of value in the Good Dinosaur?

I never really liked Finding Nemo but Wall-e is good

tfw no monsters inc

I rate finding nemo

I think it's more like Pixar is freely given critical acclaim now because their first batch of movies were so good that they must not be able to make a bad film.
I feel like they just can't make a complete film anymore.
Wall-e was brilliant for the first 30min but once they left earth it turned to generic shlock.
Inside Out was an interesting premise but just not executed as a complete film. It felt like they gave up on the idea halfway through.

/thread

Toy story is the only good pixar movie.

genuinely cannot differentiate between disney and pixar unless its the old 2d films

PUT THAT THING BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM OR SO HELP ME

This too, it's sad seeing Disney Animation Studios just becoming another version of Pixar (not to mention Dreamworks will be like that forever because of Shrek's success).
We're never getting traditional animation back are we?

absolutely not, and I do prefer it for reasons more than just nostalgia

dunno why theydon't do it at all, cgi might take less time but its way more expensive, so its not like there aren't even viable business reasons to do things the old way

>drab with too much blue(nemo)
Huh I wonder why that is? Maybe, just maybe, it's because it takes place in the FUCKING OCEAN

>every fish character is mentally ill and unable to properly exist in the real world.

?

Finding Nemo is overrated

Wall-E is the best thing Pixar has done or ever will do.

Ratatouille feels very low budget even though it's clearly not. It's a pleasant enough story with a decent set of characters but you can tell that a lot of the movie was left on the cutting room floor.

I don't know man certain 2d films have an appeal that I just can't get in these cgi movies. Song of the sea, Persepolis, Spirited away and the tale of princess Kaguya won't be the same in CGI.

Also I feel like Pixar lost its consistency after the Disney buyout. More than marvel I feel like Pixar is the biggest thing we've lost to Disney.

OP seems to have the most pointless criticisms.

>but you can tell that a lot of the movie was left on the cutting room floor.

Not sure that expression really applies to animated movies. Also, not really. Brad Bird rewrote the story when he took over the project but the core concept was already in place.

Pixar movies I like: Toy Story trilogy, Monsters Inc, Monsters University, Finding Nemo, Finding Dory, WALL-E

Pixar movies that I think are meh: Cars, Up, A Bug's Life, Ratatouille, The Incredibles, The Good Dinosaur

I haven't seen Cars 2 and most likely not going to, friends have said it is hot garbage. I'm also not a huge fan of the first film anyway. Brave and Inside Out I'm yet to watch.

Finding Nemo was colorful as fuck and it had a lot of blue because they're fish in the fucking ocean.

>Not sure that expression really applies to animated movies.
Sure it does. Do you still say "roll up your windows" even though you probably own a car with power windows?

>too much blue
it's in the fucking ocean you stupid nigger

I remember the Incredibles being a great family movie and a good movie on its own. I just wish my disc wasn't so scratched so I could rewatch it now to form a new opinion on it.

Fair enough but I still don't understand why you think a lot of material was left out of Ratatouille. It was never intended to be a grand adventure movie or anything.

Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen the movie so a rewatch might change my opinion.

>finding nemo
>too much blue
IT'S IN THE FUCKING OCEAN YOU RETARD HOLY SHIT

Reminder
1. Wall-E
2. Toy Story
3. Finding Nemo
4. Monsters Inc.
5. The Incredibles
6. A Bugs Life
7. Ratatouille
8. Toy Story 3
9. Up
10. Finding Dory
11. Toy Story 2
12. Cars
13. Monsters University
14. Brave
15. Cars 2
Have not seen Inside Out or The Good Dinosaur yet.

>Marlin
PTSD from losing his wife, afraid of constant danger
>Dory
Entirely dependent on other's because of memory disorder
>Gil
Consumed by the desire for freedom, willing to risk his only friends to be "free"
>Gurgle
OCD, needs a clean environment to feel secure
>Bubbles
Basically retarded, distracted by bubbles to the point where he is unable to function.
>Deb/Flo
Fractured mind, goes to her "sister" for any help she needs
>Bloat
Explosive temper, someone who could kill unintentionally
>Peach
Obsessed with the outside world, literally as far from the "tank" as she can be. Always daydreaming about humans.

The human-induced trauma present in Finding Nemo is an metaphor for insane asylums, and how placing people in these environments is what causes the real insanity.
P. Sherman wanted to save Nemo (as did Marlin), but in reality they boxed him up; which would only result in him being unable to deal with the outside world.

/blog

>He doesn't know how car windows work.

Inside Out is great

>Inside Out is great
Eh, I thought the emotional aspects were too forced. And Joy is a cunt so it really makes the movie unwatchable if you don't buy the "Joy is just trying to do what is right" for the first 95%.