Ok i knew this would be bad but i dident expect it to be this bad just 15 minutes in

Ok i knew this would be bad but i dident expect it to be this bad just 15 minutes in.

One thing that stands out to me as remarkably retarded is the idea that supermans actions caused the village to be attacked.

This is fucking superman no way in hell he would fail to stick around in case of retalitory strike.
Also that guy he slamed theough the wall that guy is dead.

I liked the bit with bruce and the little girl though

Maybe you should finish the movie before you rail it.

IT'S BEEN MONTHS SLOWPOKE NO ONE FUCKING CARES ANY MORE

Are you watching theatrical or Ultimate cut?
If theatrical turn it the fuck off now.
The Africa scene makes more sense in the UC.
He still kills the dictator tho.

Wait why is batman branding people

hes fed up with gotham

Well at least alfred called him out on his shit

I knew this movie would be shit when we got the one-two punch of Snyder's awful interpretation of the Wayne death and the MoS flashback scene where Bruce Wayne is out-racing 9/11 imagery like it's a Roland Emmerich movie.

I wonder what a Zack Snyder movie would be like if he didn't constantly feel the need to insert something surface-level "cool" in every five minutes, no matter if it makes sense or not.

I don't get why the brand is a death sentence in prison. So you survived an encounter with the bat. So what? Everybody survives an encounter with the bat and everybody talks when they do. All criminals should know this.

Watch the fucking movie, holy shit they explain all the shit you're complaining about

Was that guy in the white suit meant to be lex fucking luthor

I guess the assumption is you're explicitly compromised. It's one thing to talk. It's another to talk to The Bat. Without the brand, you could bullshit your back into others good graces. But now you're forever a target.

No they fucking don't.

>how to be a pleb
>step1: don't like BvS

>A lot of people are still bitter about zod and blame kal el
>lol lets put his statue right next to the memorial for the deceased
Even the city planing in this film is shit

But the Metropolis point of view scene was phenomenally handled and nothing like Emmerich films.
Emmerich tried to make them as glorious and glorified as possible.
This focused on Bruce's street level really showing the horror of such a event from the ground.

Because he factually saved the rest of the fucking world.
The people that died did so in the time it took him to do it.

The retaliatory strikes happened in other villages not the one he saved Lois in.

The Ultimate cut explains it, the theatrical cut goes with the implication that it's not the brand as much as it is the fact that both are sex offenders.

>This focused on Bruce's street level really showing the horror of such a event from the ground.

Yeah that part where Bruce was Tokyo drifting around falling debris was so impactful and thematically rich. Really added to the drama and wasn't at all just another layer of moronic Batwank that Snyder threw in too look "cool."

Snyder can't get his own dick out of his mouth long enough to let anything breathe in his movies.

>never see it when it comes out
>fanboys shit their pants call it terrible
>see it comes out on psn for 5 bucks
>meh.jpg
>its enjoyable disposable fluff with action and not much else

What did you expect, honestly? I was surprised it was as good as it was.

>say he will be charged with making terrorist threats
>dont auctualy show what terrorist threat he made.
People say the ultimante edition fixes a lot of shit but thats normaly no excuse but i think for this scene its ok to cut the auctual threat from the theatrical release (there are still far less important scenes they could have cut instead though)

Yes they do retard
Lex framed Superman for the Africa incident and paid off witnesses to provide false testimony
Lex also pays to gave the branded criminals executed

Well yeah sex offenders tend to get attacked in prision but there has been no time for anybody to huild the pattern that thats who bruce brands.

Its still fucking stupid to have him do it in the first place though

>its another dcfags try to defend this mediocre movie thread

His second bit here with him making his demands for the ship and body felt a lot more like lex though
Except that fucking candy

>Lex also pays to gave the branded criminals executed
I missed that or you are talking out your ass. I saw the theatrical cut.

But the Metropolis scene is crucial to illustrate what bends Bruce's pov of Superman so crooked and pushes him into a paranoid frenzy. The feeling of helplessness and impotence at the heart of destruction is important part of why he hates and fears Superman.

And like everything else, the intent is ruined by the execution. Just because the movie tells me this is what the scene is supposed to portray doesn't mean the film succeeds at communicating those ideas well.

There's a version of that scene that would have effectively staged that sequence and made it feel important, bu Zack Snyder is not the director to do that.

That bit with the painting and devils comeing from the sky that was good that was fucking luthor.
Whats that painting called anyway or was it made for this film

>And like everything else, the intent is ruined by the execution

I entirely disagree. The scene perfectly achieves what it sets out to do.

Odd one of the only good things about watchmen was every single song worked well for there scenes.

The bruce wayne departs for luthors party music was just hugely out of place.

It's a masterpiece. Theatrical 10/10 Ultimate 11/10.

How? Every time Snyder tries to have some kind of emotionally impactful moment he pisses all over it with surface-level "cool" imagery or moronic bits of humor.

Snyder refuses to let any scene speak for itself, he has to rub his infantile bullshit over every frame like a monkey with a handful of his own shit. It's what he did to Watchmen but a thousand times worse.

Nah, ignore this douchebag.

OP. Stop watching. It's not worth it.

okay here's a quick reminder because this thread is still young

DO NOT REPLY TO SNYDERFAGS

DO NOT ENABLE SNYDERFAGS

DO NOT GIVE SNYDERFAGS (You)'S

okay everyone have a great thread good luck out there

Yeah, because they totally explain that part at the end.

Hal not knowing who bruce wayne was is funny.

Clark fucking kent not knowing is retarded

I don't find his visual storytelling distracting or detrimental at all.

Oh god why does luthor not have guards permantly stationed at his server room why is this movie so horrible.

For that matter why is luthor spilling his spaghetti

Well, to each their own then.

Its in the theatrical cut. It happens right when the guy goes to prisoon and gets shanked.

If anything, you'd think it'd be the opposite. Like, "man, that guy went up against THE BAT and lived, don't fuck with him."

I like how at first, I assume that Batman is branding people lately because he's going crazy, but after the death of Superman, he's like "I renounce my ways I'm not going to be a psychopath anymore Superman showed me the way"

But then he shows up to Lex Luthor's cell with his bat-brand again and he's like "I'VE LEARNT NOTHING I HAVE NO ARC"

Also, up until that point, I had assumed that Batman branded criminals by heating up a batarang or something.

Nope. He actually literally built a device for the sole purpose of branding people.

Like, he sat in the cave making that. He thought of the idea, ordered the parts, and built it, not because it was practical, like his other tools. He just did it in case he needs to start maiming people for no reason. He made it something he can wear on his knuckles to make it extra convenient.

That line about joker pretty much forces all future movies to have him as a prexisting threat but thats so minor im probably just trying to invent new problems at that point.

Nice line though

How about because he wants Bruce Wayne to steal his information? Was the bit where he says to Bruce that his R&D is up to no good too subtle?

It was a joke from luthor wraped up in dramtic irony not a fucking metaphor.

Holy shit did superman auctualy go and save somebody.
At least thats an improvment over the last film

>Maybe hes just a guy trying to do the right thing
There you go synder that guy was correct focus on that

>I like how at first, I assume that Batman is branding people lately because he's going crazy, but after the death of Superman, he's like "I renounce my ways I'm not going to be a psychopath anymore Superman showed me the way"

At first, he's cynical as fuck, what with the line about "how good people are left, how many people stayed that way", you know, how the feeling of powerlessness turned him cruel.

But, as poorly handled as it was, he realizes Superman was just the kind of good guy he didn't believe existed anymore

>But then he shows up to Lex Luthor's cell with his bat-brand again and he's like "I'VE LEARNT NOTHING I HAVE NO ARC"

...and punches a wall instead of branding him

>He actually literally built a device for the sole purpose of branding people.

He's fucking Batman. Of course he has a specific device for every little thing.

The movie has more than its fair share of flaws, but not anything you just pointed out.

this

Saved planet dude.

I really really dont like the idea of the planet not having integrity its shit when they do it in comics and its shit here.

No one's saying it was a metaphor. Luthor literally invited Bruce to collaborate on weapons, specifically that anti-Kryptonian weapon he's been working on, because he really wants Bruce/Batman to kill Superman.

>BvS defense force in full effect today

meme

>It's a marvel shill evansposts from his phone as a reply to a well thought post from someone talking about batman v superman episode

seen this one way too many times.

Thing is, the resolution has nothing to do with that.
Clark having a human mom doesn't suddenly mean he should be trusted with his power without oversight or restrictions of any kind. It doesn't absolve Clark of any wrong doing ever. It certainly doesn't do anything to change the "there's a chance he might go bad and then nothing can stop him" issue that got brought up.

And what amuses me most is that Suicide Squad is also asking that "what if Superman went rogue" question when there's only one person in that movie who could be ANY threat to Clark at all.

There was so fucking much wrong with that entire dream sequence i dont know where to begin.
So aparently the speed force can infiltrate dreams now i can deal with an extra layer on top of the aint gotta explain shit the speed force is but even out of a dream it would have been retarded.

I assume the speedforce was also to blame for the stuff in his dream he could not possibly have known.

It's in the Extended version

No, theatrical 4/10, Ultimate 10/10

>I assume the speedforce was also to blame for the stuff in his dream he could not possibly have known.
Like?

>He still kills the dictator tho.
Yeah. No.

Snyder thought he was making Moon Knight V Sentry

>
>Well, to each their own then.
>then
So you're accepting your tiny faggot nature that can't even stick to his own opinion?

>only one person in that movie who could be ANY threat to Clark at all.
Maybe 2 depending on how diablos flames themselves are interpreted he might be a slight threat.
Superman gets superbreath and you are back down to enchantress being the only one

In the directors cut its explained the african woman was threatened by luthor to lie about the attack to make superman's actions seem dangerous

Well the main one is batman aparently knoqing about kryptonite i suppose its possible its set after he reads the data but that would be incredibly poor filmmaking.

The other oditys could have just been bruces imagination having lucky guesses though

Thats no excuse there are certain things that have to be in the main film there is plenty of less inportant stuff he could have cut

Ok nope he dreams while the data is encrypting its an aint gotta explain shit issue.

At least synder knows how to get away with the really stupid stuff

But it wasn't a dream, those were visions of the future

AndAnd it was meant to be there, the studio fucked things up for the sake of run time. Just watch the directors cut its a significant improvement

It's about perception. Bruce could not see the forest for the trees. Or didn't want to. It's a combination of so many things.

Bruce being at the end of his rope, fighting for 20 years, nearly alone now
Feeling like he has not accomplished anything
His crusade being a "beautiful lie"
Him having fallen into a pit of cynicism and fear
Being at the ground zero of the Metropolis
Being reminded at his own loss when helping the children
By seeing Superman as an alien being with no humanity he does not see the capacity for him to be like us and to feel like us, which is why he feels there is that 1% chance...what if he turns on us like "his people" not to mention he's seen betrayal before (in 20 years...)

Even Alfred tells him he is going nuts, and that Superman is not the enemy.
A monument was built to Superman for his heroism in Metropolis...clearly he is seen as a hero for saving the world
Superman helps people all over.

And now Lex Luthor creates the spark that incites Batman to action.

It's incredibly important that what snapped Batman into coherency was being faced with the fact that Superman was a man, and not an alien. A man who while under Batman's foot is pleading for him to save his mother...how can this scenario not force him to completely reconfigure everything he's been fighting against. He realizes he's been blind, that he's let the emptiness and void within him from being alone and fighting for 20 years fill up with a desire to do something that he felt mattered, and that something zoned in on Superman...

The issue is resolved as Batman must believe in good in man, that is who he must be at his core, and that is what he had forgotten. In that moment he understands Superman. A son, who at his most vulnerable only begged for his mother to be saved...Batman more than anyone can empathize...this isn't the person he had built up in his mind as a dangerous alien.

he did't kill the dictator

>Ok i knew this would be bad but i dident expect it to be this bad just 15 minutes in.

The opening with Bruce in Metropolis is actually great though and I hated the movie overall

>ut then he shows up to Lex Luthor's cell with his bat-brand again and he's like "I'VE LEARNT NOTHING I HAVE NO ARC"

Retard. He doesn't brand Lex. they literally show and tell that he's moved on

If he was forced to put in certian scenes he should have chosen better what to keep of the time he had left.

It is his job to work around studio demands not say welp the studio is telling me i cant cut this bit lets just not put any thought into which of the bits i am aloud to cut to keep.

Hell he does not even have to cut whole scenes just shorten a few of them god knows he should have done that for that sex scene in watchmen.

And what scenes would the studio possibly have forced the flash warns Bruce scene is the only one i can think of.

Hell have a less Spergy luthor and you can halve the length of all his stuff.

Or just have a totally different Luthor, period. Eisenberg is a fucking lead weight around this movie's neck. Every single scene he's in is awful.

No that man went through several walls at at least 5 meters a second.

He is fucking dead

He did a good job with the characterisation he was given it was just a shit characterisation.

Superman was flying through the walls holding the dictator you goddamn idiot.

He was the only person with any energy in the movie.

The only time the film comes alive is when he's on-screen. At least his sub-Schumacher camp nonsense woke the movie up whenever he was there.

He was a bizarre lex but the performance itself was really good

Batman just shot machine guns at somebody.

>Implying the Lex on the helipad scene isn't amazing

You had an hour before you got here user...now you have less

The point was that Bruce realizes Superman is a person, not a monster to be fought.

And he was perfectly willing to aacrifice the life of that truck driver.

And those guys the batmobile landed on.
I can call that one an accident though

That rocket stoping was pretty nice though

The fuck i get that clark does not like batman but that intimidation was completely out of character any decent superman would have talked with him.

In regards to Batman killing the thugs. Fuck them. They deseved to die. They knew who they took money from and who they were going against. It's the contractors on the death star argument

But it does that by connecting it to Bruce's mommy issues, which is the dullest, least-interesting way possible. Snyder boils the whole thing down to their moms having the same name and extrapolates everything else from that, and in case you didn't fucking get it actually has Batman say "Martha isn't dying tonight" in case there's somehow one person in the audience didn't fucking connect the dots.

Even if you had something as impossibly corny as some random innocent person being caught in the crossfire of Batman's rampage against Supes and Clark stops defending himself to save this person from being killed despite it leaving him vulnerable to Bruce's fury, that would be better then Dawn of Marthas.

It worked for this iteration of the character. Are there better ways to do it? Probably. But id say this way was pretty clever

I like this batcave but this is not the main one right this house is some sort of second home because batman had been operating for 20 years and theres no coin, no dinosaur and no playing card bot even any small memrobilia like a a penguin umbrella or something.

No. He realized himself becoming villain in this story driven by mere fear (and blind rage because of "you let your family die" before Wally allahedakbar himself in capitol) like Joe Chill that shot his dad. He has the gun/kryptonite spear,in this moment he already has power, no need to use it.

This is was actually Geoff Johns idea.

It's stupid no matter who thought it up.

And I doubt Johns wrote the "Martha isn't dying tonight" line, which is up there with "DO YOU BLEED? YOU WILL." for all-time terrible lines from this film.

Ok yeah it explains why everything went wrong.

It still makes no fucking sense that superman failed to stop it though he was in the area. And even if he had left he would have returned imediently to keep that blood off his hands once he heard what was happening.

>
>It's stupid no matter who thought it up.

>And I doubt Johns wrote the "Martha isn't dying tonight" line, which is up there with "DO YOU BLEED? YOU WILL." for all-time terrible lines from this film.

>cause I say so

OK.