PREVIOUS:

Other urls found in this thread:

saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/
tragicalhistorytour.com/d14/13v-c/
a.pomf.cat/lxyozt.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why do people compare him to the Valeyard?

>reminder that Valeyard isn't canon

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, 12/Bill “I'm a lesbian” Potts) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
And free scenario prompts:
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

Piss Heather 2.

Requesting this still.

How many stories have there been where the Doctor loses?
Not just stories where he loses a friend like Earthshock or Doomsday, I mean stories where the villain wins and the Doctor & co are only able to escape with their lives.
I suppose in some historicals like The Aztecs or The Myth Makers the bad guy technically wins, but it doesn't really feel like a defeat because we always know that history must follow its proper path.
The Daleks sort of win in Victory of the Daleks, but their plan is relatively low-key (basically just escaping with their lives) and the Doctor manages to stop them from blowing up the Earth, so it's still a happy ending (do the Daleks actually kill anyone in that episode?).
The Cybermen win in Spare Parts, but again we know from the start that they will eventually convert all the Mondasians.
"Master" is a story with a proper sense of defeat. As in Victory the villain's plan isn't really that ambitious. but the Doctor walks away both defeated and emotionally destroyed.

Any others?

I can get you one in a few hours when I get home.

sleep no more I guess
i actually liked the ending of that episode desu. if only the monsters weren't so shit though.

Does The Doctor Falls count? The Doctor basically loses (or at least thinks he loses) everything and everyone and there's nothing he can do about it.

Parasite, from Jim Mortimore, is one of those.

Inferno, if you look at the parallel Earth side of things. Literally nothing the Doctor could do to stop it, except escaping back to our world.

Thanks!

LIGHT user PLEASE

tragicalhistorytour.com/d14/13v-c/

Perfect! Thanks.

It's not hard to change the levels myself

:)

Sleep No More is actually a great example. Pity it's so shit.

Well, he gets a triumphant scene where he blows up all the Cybermen and he manages to save the humans. He "loses" in the same way he loses in Doomsday or Earthshock.

God I wish they used Simm's Master more, this look suits him really well.

Have you ever met a Doctor outside of a Con?

I met Colin a few years back

DONNA NOBLE HAS LEFT THE LIBRARY DONNA NOBLE HAS BEEN SAVED DONNA NOBLE HAS LEFT THE LIBRARY DONNA NOBLE HAS BEEN SAVED

I met Christopher Eccleston. He lived in a richer area of New York at one point. I bumped into him in a sandwich shop. He was shooting the shit with the sandwich maker when I came up to give my order. I got a standard turkey on wheat with mayo and pepper jack. It was something very simple. All the while Chris was laughing to himself and pointing at me occasionally mumbling, "Is this guy serious?"

I wasn't sure why I guess he was displeased about me ordering or what I ordered. After I got my sandwich I sat down and ate while he just leaved back into the windowed meat display and watched me. When I got up to throw the trash away he stopped me and offered his hand. I was shy because I knew who he was but he introduced himself anyways. When I shook his hand the other hand came out of his pocket holding a tazer which he used on my neck. When I fell to the ground tense I soiled myself. He laughed, "This guy." And started kicking me in the face quoting Doctor Who over and over, "STUPID APE STUPID APE."

I woke up in the hospital next to a vase of broccoli labeled, "From Chris."

Now every year he shows up to my families Thanksgiving dinner, uninvited, unannounced, and just eats, laughs to himself, and then leaves. Last year he murdered my mother. I fear what hurricane Chris will bring this year..

Hope one of these gets used for the next general.

Simmkino

I really like the red on the inside of his coat and the semi-casual shirt combo. I'm assuming that was a very intentional reference to Capaldi's costume, and that means it's KINO

Nobody lives.

-

Horror of Fang Rock, every character other than the Doctor and Leela die

i'm so glad simm came back to redeem himself.

i always knew it was RTD's fault he was so shit in those episodes.

I probably only like his Master so much 'cause he comes from my home town, but I feel like he's been used way less than he should have. Missy has had appearances in tonnes of episodes but Simm's has been in a lot less.

I hope they pull off a Journey's End move and have him put the energy into a spare hand (could work, he already has the idea of keeping one from the Doctor) so Chibnall can use him.

An Unearthly Child parts 2-4

what holds back doctor who?

if you want to name a producer be specific, what about them is the issue.

Reset buttons and lack of consequences in general

remember when

The marketing and low budget.

>what holds back doctor who?
The BBC

Weak characters and lack of consequences and risks

ohmergerrrrd

What's a good torrent file for Big Finish post 2011?
All legally purchased but I'm getting tired of clicking download on each individual file, and it would probably take a small strain of their servers.

cont.
Also whilst on the subject, how do you organise your BF folders?

The budget, the lack of great writers.

Budget and crap writing.

12 has no originality

The budget. They really need to stop using shit CG monsters.

I did actually meet Sylvester McCoy in one of those little Tesco garages (Tesco Express?) a few years back. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a nob and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off.

When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen little plastic pots of rice pudding in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Howard Burden is a hack

Divided into folders by range and ordered by release date. It's the only way.
If you try to do it chronologically by Doctor there's a good chance you'll go insane..

Genesis of the Daleks is a complete failure for the Doctor
He barely escaped while Davros slaughtered the Kaled high command and the Daleks exterminated everyone on the planet, winning the neverending war on Skaro, while the Doctors actions are probably what started the Time War.

Based Piss Heather.

>muh budget

fuck off. You could make a GOAT story with a hundred times smaller budget than an episode of Doctor Who if only the writing was good.

The revolving door when it comes to writers, and the lack of quality of them

@the dude who didn't think the midget scene was patronizing. I've edited together the parts I was referring to. a.pomf.cat/lxyozt.webm

I meant the 'hundred times smaller budget' very literaly.

Doctor Who costs about 1 million pounds per episode.
Primer cost 7000 $.
Following, Nolan's debut cost 6000 $

is that some green screen at 0:48

They can do it. See Heaven Sent and Blink etc. But the show should be aiming to be as 'big in scope' as stuff like GOT

G O D D E S S

it does sounds like he's laying it on thick but whatever it probably made a midget happy when they watch it.

You need competent directors to do that though

And how is that patronizing?

Listen is overrated.

I bet Warwick Davis would hate it, he's got a tiny chip on his shoulder about anything midget related

When the midget put on her containment suit, did she look like an oompa loompa to anyone else?

Really? I get the opposite impression from him, he seems to make jokes about it more than anyone.

Betting surging on Jodie Whittaker.

I agree.

>hurr she was in broadchurch so she must be the next doctor

Oh god no
Please no
No
Please no

Its patronizing because if this were any other scientist then the doctor's dialog would not constantly aim to exhibit her as capable, smart, pretty, whatever. It's the same sloppy technique that ruins bill. Rather than just having her be all these things, the doctor constantly needs to tell her (and therefore the audience) how good she is. It's insulting.
Yeah I'm not saying that its all bad. Its a good thing that midgets are getting more air-time. This could have been handled better though.

HOLY SHIT THE NEXT DOCTOR IS DAVID TENNANT

He got really angry with Karl Pilkington about it when he went to that midget village, also my brother met him and claims he was a prick, but I'm aware that's anecdotal and not valid evidence

And yet you still call them "midgets"

Hi melanon

>hurr he was in casanova he must be the next doctor

Yeah well I'm shitposting on Sup Forums, if I was writing for a venerable and well known tv show then of course I wouldn't.

Fair enough

New Who Doctor ranking

11>9>10>12

sorry but i could just never 'connect' with 12

I agree but be prepared for a shitstorm

You can both die.

Also,

>Hur he was in The Second Coming so he must be the Doctor.

>how dare people have opinions that are different to my own

>Let me tell you a story. This truly happened. A few years ago, I got a letter. I get a lot of mail, as a writer of matters fantastic and as a critic of the field, I get a lot of mail, and they are filled with opinions. Everybody has opinions: I have them, you have them. And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, that’s horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it’s nothing. It’s just bibble-babble. It’s like a **** in a wind tunnel folks. So, I get opinions.
>And I get a letter one day from a guy, we’ll call him Mr. Johnson. And Mr. Johnson says, (in whiny voice) "You are always writing stories in which midgets are villians."
>Now, footnote here: When you get one of these letters, they don’t always, they don’t say something rational like, "In this story you did it or that story you did it". It’s always, "You always did it".
>So I went back through 1100 published stories; I found two stories with midgets in them, one of whom was the hero. So this guy writes me, and he says, "I am 3 foot tall, and we don’t like being called midgets, we like being called ‘little people’ ".
>Well I thought about this letter for a while, this political correctness being a problem, and I really am concerned about it, and I thought about it…
>And I thought about it…
>And I thought about it…
>And finally I wrote him back a letter and I said, "Dear Mr. Johnson, I am 5’5". I’m a ‘little person’. You’re a midget!"

what does the T in Russel T Davies stand for

I don't get the love either. It started out alright but didn't do it for me in the end. The whole "but was there a monster or not" thing was already done much better in the glorious Midnight. Listen also suffered from another one of Moff's egotistic indulgences by implying that Clara was the person who made the Doctor become who he is by giving him a soldier when he was a young boy.

>How dare you post a contrarian opinion and expect people not to have an extreme reaction to it

Nothing, it isn't his real name.
He's actually called Stephen Russell Davies

It's hardly a contrarian opinion, Smith brought the show international popularity, many look fondly back on Eccleston, and Capaldi has unfortunately marked a decline in viewership.

Tyrone.

Deez Nuts

The

TomRosenthal

You underestimate what it takes to make Doctor Who look good noawadays. Hell, you're enderestimating what it took to made Doctor Who look good in the 80s. No one was happy about the crap budget. I read Cartmel's Script Doctor book--the McCoy years were a crapshoot in terms of production.

Do you think you'd get a good looking monster costume on Primer's budget? Plus, Primer was a simple two hour experience, pulled off by few sets. Who already pulls that trick off.

And if you want to get the casual audience, you cannot do a Primer episode 13 times in a row. Hell, I like Primer (I've seen it, and listened to a commentary on it), and I don't want Primer 13 times in a row. Kids would hate that.

And I know what you mean is the writing quality, but in order to make that look good, Who needs budget. In order to make sure they have time to rehearse, they need budget. To afford good guest stars, they need budget. To make sure the sets come in on time and correctly, so that they won't have to get a last minute rewrite, they need budget.

To make sure that the monster they want to make is the monster they actually make, they need budget. To be able to pay for a not-crap Doctor Who Confidential, they need budget. To make sure that the film they have looks cutting edge, so the public doesn't laugh, they need budget. You want some time for a rehearsal? Too bad, we don't have enough in the budget.

Cutting the budget is one of those worst things you could do. TV making is a chaotic process, and you never have enough. Who never has enough budget. NEVER.

Executives who think "cut the budget" like that are part of the reason Who got cancelled in the 80s.

Television