G A R B A G E
A
R
B
A
G
E

>anime doesn't have overrated normie shit

Will the child of Sup Forums ever watch actual cinema?

Evangelion is considered Western, all the influences it draws from come from the west. Japan has been Western for over 100 years.

whether cameron is good or not he's still better than every single anime ever made

You know that image is a joke, right?

it's made to appeal to western 10 year olds correct.

I don't think the "How disgusting" had a clear Japanese translation

This.

Post a single Cameron shot better than OP

imagine paying for this faggot website for 5 years LOL

here you go, random shitty shot from titanic
yep, it's a fucking shitty shot, get it?

agreed

Wanna try again?

nope

Every good/decent movie is better than that shit.

Fucking terrible example

EoE is in a completely different dimension compared to any Tarantino

looks like a shitty 2001 odyssey ripoff

nice reddit spacing. the pleb dimension it's in is completely different, I agree

can someone explain to my whats the purpose of her saying how disguisting i think i missed it or it just has to make no sense

Good scene but shit movie nice try.

>Interracial Jewish/Nigger romance in WW2 france during Nazi occupation

Sure friend, I can tell you. She's not seeing Shinji, not really. She's seeing herself. Shinji is just like her, she was even once in his position, straddling someone she loved and having a breakdown, and now she sees her past reflected back at her.

only people from reddit would have the context to know what "reddit spacing" could possibly mean.

you have to be under 12 to "get it", don't worry

Why did they play an upbeat *sounding* (yeah I heard the lyrics fuck off) song while the world was ending?

Reddit = End of Evangelion
Sup Forums = Char's Counterattack

>it's a "I don't know anything about western cinema and only consumed anime and videogames" thread

Fucking edge overload dude.

Cartoon..? Lol

>include a bunch of iconography and symbology
>pseuds desperate for anime to be deep peddle this as proof the medium is art

DUDE THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS DUDE

DUDE FREUD

THE KABBALAH DUDE

Upvoting this because Mobile Suit Gundam and Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta are non-pretentious, high quality stuff. Evangelion is trash.

Kill yourself.

DUDE LOOK AT THIS SHOT DUDE

IT'S LIKE THIS SHOT IN ANOTHER MOVIE DUDE

IT'S ART DUDE

>There is no actual Christian meaning to the show, we just thought the visual symbols of Christianity look cool.

At least it has fighting robots and shit.

YOU'RE the one attaching meaning to it. The show never makes it seem like there is some hidden meaning because it wasn't made like that. You can do this with any film and point at symbols all day then blame the creators.

I'm not attaching meaning to it. Read my post again. I'm criticising the idiots who do. It's just a bunch of jibberish symbols arranged, and some morons see them and think it's profound. I can't imagine why anyone would enjoy it otherwise. It's pretty to look at, but the maker seems to have given up trying to tell an intelligible story halfway through. You'll respond that the purpose is its visuals, but you're being disingenuous to pretend part of why the show is popular/pushed isn't people thinking the references to all these things makes it deep somehow, which it doesn't. It's dumb and gay.

No I mean take your trip off faggot.

Make me.
>you can't

Right.