Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/biz/thread/6253087
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineering_management
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I lost about 20% in 3 days in digital currency
it's a bubbl

Why did you sell?

digital currency is one of the most volatile and unpredictable
if anything near a majority of your assets are invested in that, then you've been fooled by /biz/, most of them are advertising their own portfolio in crypto to make a pump n dump possible

Agree

you must be a brainlet to lose in crypto
when i started i just bought shit /biz/ was shilling and made 700% in the first month

pink_wojak.jaypeg

and now my advice is simple
don't buy ATH
do your own research, find the coins that are not obvious scam, that have active reddit communities(yes, it helps), that are a solid product that might be actually useful in the future and buy them when they are red, they will bounce back to green eventually and this is where you make money

i can recommend RaiBlocks myself, this coin dipped pretty hard from like 35$ to 12$ after a nice bullrun, now Binance listing is coming, and rebrand to Nano and the price will skyrocket, the current price is a steal
and o believe in it's technology, it has instant and feeless transactions

hahaha explain the "pump" part. how many people do you think browse Sup Forums to make that possible.

Quite nice user. I'm a stock man myself, and 2017 was a good year for stocks

there are discord groups that buy large amounts of shitcoins, bumping the price and they sell their bags to normies who FOMOed in thinking that the coin is mooning

You tell me

[CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES audible in background]

I'm currently 28% down from my all time high but still comfy af

as i walk throught the valley of the shadow of death...
what did you buy son

Good

Meh. Thankfully, the yearly January crash is over. It's smooth sailing from here

What app is that

Delta

Oh. Anyways bump for stockgang

dude you're invested in really obscure shit. ENG and ICX are good long term picks though

Git gud

t. crypto pro

PLS GIBE MONIE

PLES

Quand est-ce que tu planifies vendre ?

how much of this is crypto and how much is real cash/stocks/bonds etc?

All of that is stocks as it's broker account, presumably he cashed out crypto.

All I have is a 0.25 of a Bitcoin right now. I'll get into Index funds once my TFSA is filled up.

Wait... what are you doing with your TFSA is the meantime...

he's a LARP

warosu.org/biz/thread/6253087

Nice ,what is your job

Could be same guy...

Nice

My parents gave me a hundred thousand for graduation last year but I don’t remember which fund I put it in

Probably 120,000 or so now

i'm 29 and i work in logistics / international shipping. a lot statistics and SQL kind of stuff. i also work from home 95% of the time which is rad

my wife makes a bit more than i do, and has about this much, as a couple it's double this (we never formally merged finances)

Fucking normie please I want a good job

you saved in 401k this much? holy shit. and you've only worked for a few years after college? you must have saved like 20k every year plus some interest. does your employer match your 401k?

you can legally put in 18k a year or something into your 401k, and i max it out each year. (i started working in 2011, and the stock market has just been going bananas since then, so part of it just lucky timing)

you can do 5.5k into the roth each year and i also max that out

plus it lowers your overall taxable income.

yeah they match 4% or something

What the hell is your salary? What did you major in?

lmao you guys know this is just play money like in roblox??? LMAO
all you can buy is shit drug and other fake illegal shit like HITMAN lol

From the sound of management engineering would be the major for his job. Also if the memes i hear about it are real it's a good paying branch.

*from the sound of it

I've never heard of that before. I think the name was lost in translation.

i started out at 55k now i'm around 90k baseline, usually get a 10k -15k bonus

we also live in a part of the country with a very low cost of living which helps tremendously

i majored in logistics / supply chain, which is a kind of business major in most universities

I don't knwo what you mean, but i had no idea what the english name was so i used wikipedia, which has it called like that.Tho maybe it's not the name of a major it definitely is the name of the branch of engineering which deals with that shit.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineering_management

Oh wow I always thought that was a meme business specializion like marketing. Good work user legit jelly

Oh okay

I dunno about worldwide, but here in italy it is the top engineering degree, both in numbers and employment quality and percentage. At least according to the stats.

holy shit, i make close to 100k too but i can't afford saving that much. bills and mortgage and shit. and how the hell do you save anything when you make 55k ... but yeah, the location makes a huge difference so it is hard to compare like that.

> tfw i could've made a fortune on scamcoins but all i have is a measly sub 3 digit growth after 2 years of investing
kill me

>mortgage
Found your problem.

you ever hear of the Anno video game series? or the new
game on steam Factorio? logistics / supply chain is kind of like that IRL. how can i ship something from point A to point B as efficiently as possible, store as little inventory as possible, how much do i store in reserve in case something happens... how far ahead do i have to plan for shipments coming across the Pacific... that kind of stuff

if i had to do anything in business i'd way rather be doing this than advertising, marketing, accounting, HR, etc...

do you think renting is better?

Well shit I thought it was a mediocre field with mediocre pay. I guess I'm a retard who didn't realize transportation(and related areas) was where most of Canadian jobs are.

I never went to post secondary and I regret it everyday

I am not saying morty is a mistake, just that it will drain your resources. I don't know if you waste money , but even if you don't a mortgage will fuck your potential savings up. Do i really need to be explaining this?
Also i don't know the english name, but if you are lucky you can find some people who will make a certain contract with you where basically you pay a higher rent, but once the total you paid reaches a threshold the house is yours. Basically like a mortgage, but for less money made between seller and buyer directly.

working in a warehouse or a shipping dock, yeah it's probably not great. i work more in analytics and management

buy high sell low

What did you do in college and do you have any good tips for me? I know normies always say network as much as possible and try to get relevant work experience but besides that or at least more specifically.

I want to become successful like you

How do I get a job in the shitty city of vancouver as an engineer.

I can't afford to move.

in college? i'd say no matter what you study, get to know your professors and get on their good side.

you'd be amazed by how much just a 5 minute conversation after class will get you in their good graces. especially considering they're likely trying to teach something they care about to an audience of a bunch of punk kids texting the whole time who don't give a shit.

most business professors used to work in the industry and still have great hook ups. and if it's a decent school, corporate recruiters will come to the university and guess who are the first people they get in contact with? those same professors and advisers

extra curricular shit is also huge. i was the president of my university's supply chain student organization for a few semesters, which really helped me a lot. they actually paid me to go to job conventions and trade fairs across the country to represent the university, all the while i was getting business cards and meeting people

tl;dr ----networking, sorry but it's so true

Actual whale insider here.
If you are not part of a crypto hedge fund and you don't get private pre-sales and partnerships, there is no point investing in ICOs anymore.
Your only chance is finding forgotten old coins that are being renewed somehow and that will pump on unexpected news.
That said, BTC should reach 80k usd per coin this year so don't despair. The bull market will return, it will just be harder to make x100 returns, especially on ICOs

Fug. It seems like the major difference between success after college and not is almost entirely networking, everyone who didn't get a job in their field seems to have not networked whereas all the people with decent jobs stress it everytime I ask.

Another Q - How important is the school you go to? Is it better to be the socalled big fish in a small pond or a mediocre student at an amazing school. I'm just looking at options rn.

As someone who didn't network because I was autistic and am now 2 years a NEET with an engineering degree, it is all networking.

I wish I knew how to recover now.

>you'd be amazed by how much just a 5 minute conversation after class will get you in their good graces
I always read this and i just don't get how a 5 mins conversation can help me in the eyes of a professor with multiple classes each with 2-300 students.

>all the people with decent jobs stress it everytime I ask.
If it helps you feel better i know a couple CS guys who did absolutely no networking and simply worked on their skills and bruteforced curriculums everywhere and made it big.

I think because 99% of his students dont do it. Probably makes him think "user isn't such a bad guy... he always comes by my office hours maybe I should boost his mark since he's not doing too great" or something.

To elaborate these two guys are the only graduate people i know, so that makes 100% of my samples.

going to bed, good night and good luck dudes

Cya senpai

missed this... i think having good grades, good contacts, good extra curricular stuff, and internships/experience from a medium university is much better than just being mediocre at an expensive top rate school

alright, going to bed for real now. good luck buddy

>stocks

Kinda interested, but it's just gambling, isn't it?

It can be gambling depending on how you do it. Read a random walk down wallstreet