Why do people buy cookie cutter homes?

Why do people buy cookie cutter homes?

What is wrong with people?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Irony_of_Fate
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2155726/Somali-family-benefits-handed-keys--2million-luxury-council-home-Londons-affluent-streets.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Those are slaves, who only work to pay for that house they bought that's close to work...

You'll understand when you finally get a good job and that's the only nice shit in the area.

Because it's convenient living for their salaries, how dare they do that.

Because it's convenient living for their salaries, how dare they even think about doing that.

t. Millennial's

building bespoke homes is hassle.

shutup

Most Americans are cookie cutter people

Because they're plebians

Cheap

blacks don't live there until obama ships them in

Get drunk
Enter the wrong house
Sleep with neighbor's wife.

Because its about the people in them not the fact that they are not "unique"
Maybe the scale is a bit big and mechanical but the concept is great. Here in London, UK you would get a sliver of a house to live in, if not a flat, but it looks like one building. So you would be more happy with that?

FUCKING A, MAN! THOSE FUCKING SHEEPLE LIVING IN THEIR COMFORTABLE PASTURE, NEVER STOPPING FOR A MOMENT AND GIVING A THOUGH FOR THE NIGHTMARE THAT IS OUR WORLD...

Fuck off.

Beats being homeless. I'll buy a nicer house when the baby boomers all die and the house market is flooded with cheap dead people homes.

Home owners association.

Because home ownership is still an investment and an understandable goal for many. Cookie cutter houses are often much cheaper since they're produced en masse and, as a result, a much more affordable way to invest in housing.

Though they're often ugly and, sadly, not built well, this is the reason.

Even the cookie cutter homes in the 1950s had more style, and were made with better materials.

more like... HOMOS association

Because they're all made of ticky tacky.

typical cookie cutter 1950s post-WWII home

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Irony_of_Fate

>The key subplot is the drab uniformity of Brezhnev era public architecture. This is made explicit in a humorous animated prologue, in which architects are overruled by politicians and red tape. This results in the entire country being polluted with identical, unimaginative multistory apartment buildings of the sort that can, in fact, be found in every city, town, and suburb across the former Soviet Union. These buildings are uniform right down to the door key of each apartment. The rest of the film is live-action

>He stumbles into a taxi and, still quite drunk, gives the driver his address. It turns out that in Leningrad there is a street with the same name (3rd Builders' street), with a building at his address which looks exactly like Zhenya's. The key fits in the door of the apartment with the same number (as alluded to in the introductory narration, "...building standard apartments with standard locks"). Inside, even the furniture is nearly identical to that of Zhenya's apartment. Zhenya is too drunk to notice the differences, and goes to sleep.

was bretty gud

Because they're tired of living with their parents and they don't want to:

1. Live in a "trendy" neighbourhood where everything costs an extra 50% and you have to put up with dumbass hipsters and liberals

2. Live in the ghetto with niggers.

Those are ghettos now just like the club, seven oaks, whispering pines, duck creek, and others in the future

Goddamn it m8. You should see the houses they're building here.. So much land, yet, it's all about "muh profits per acre" and it fucking sucks

>tfw no yuuuge American suburbs

All single story as well.

not everyone can or wants to live in a nigger spic filled city...

Worst movie of all time. Glorifies adultery and bad songwriting.

youtube.com/watch?v=NFuwWd8Teoo

Is diversity to blame for the soulless suburban lifestyle?

Fucking zero personal space for a house jesus. How is there not noise complaints every fucking day?

housing associations have lots of rules to keep stupid/poor/black people out. Black people have trouble keeping their property up to standard because they're stupid and poor.

Just recently bought a home and people who customize their home usually have pretty poor tastes. People would install porch swings in their living rooms, pool slides from their bedrooms, etc..Though I did finally buy one and the person seemed to have an ancient greek fetish with everything marble and travertine but its comfy.

Is this America or the Soviet Union?

I don't know...

another

What's your spaghetti policy?

Also, consider that the alternative is that you live across the street from something like this.

The WW2 high-density suburb, beta cookie cutters, were awful though, and they're all over San Francisco, though they do have a little charm to them:

Why do yurpoors live homes smaller than my garage?

>
its the first thing in life that made me actively depressed, cause it just made me realize people don't mind absolute mimick lifestyles. So in a sense whatever's the justifiable way of doing things get literally set in stone an nobody bats an eye at how glaring boring and mundane it is.

>A FUCKING DESERT

Stop hurting my feelings

It's afucking house who cares

How many blacks can Obama ship until the end of his term? I feel like there's a UPS/brown joke in there.

Or this.

Why is this allowed? Triggered beyond belief.

They're affordable and look nice.

Don't like it? Build your own house.

I thought they were chinese homes, you know use it for 5 years then get a new one

Not going to lie that looks badass

Having an Ed, Edd, and Eddy tier childhood in the suburbs was one of the greatest things I experienced as a kid

The suburbs are god tier, but that mass produced bullshit can suck my dick.

My suburb was great, in that it just naturally developed over time and all houses look different.

even English houses have more space than that.

I think the 50s, with a hint of googie influence made cookie cutters of that time better than the ones that followed.

wow creapy ville

Vast numbers of us live in council flats that are literally 5 rooms and a cupboard

If you're one in a million, there are about 7000 people just like you on the planet.

You are not special.

You are not a snowflake.

Why dont americans put fences around their property? Everyone can see what you are doing in your graden thats fucked up.

Open door al dente

>sim city

If it makes you feel better, this monotonous sprawl seen in Australia, America, and Canada was an active decision made to ensure a large automobile market.

I want to live innawoods, but acerage anywhere remotely near civilization is worth millions. Feels bad man.

who /early 90s suburbs/ here?

Depends on where you live

If you live east of the Mississippi then you might not have a fence, if you live on the west then you probably will, and if you are nogging then you get chain link

women are fish
too many week men

>t. getting the papers getting the papers

great tsunami image

Within a mile of that photo is a good school, a firehouse, and a police station. Good jobs are only a 30 minute commute away. This is white suburban America; it is safe, prosperous, and comfortable. If you'd rather live in a colorful favela or cramped high rise, that's on you.

Holy fucking shit, I hope that picture isnt real.

suck it up and do the commute to work.

You can almost contract aids and zika from breathing the air in tin-hut spicland.

Pretty much, but our neighborhood was built in the 60's

>

Where else would you live? An inner city with high crime?

That reminds me of some old home video from my dad's old house that I watched some years ago that was panning across the backyard and I was, for some reason, hitting one of the posts to the treehouse with a bat.

To be a kid again.

>that fucking feel when you do a four player splitscreen session on the N64, then you and your friends go out and play for the remainder of the day

ha ha follow me on twitter

America's Funniest Home Videos

>'I don't know how we got so lucky!' Somali family on benefits handed keys to £2million luxury 'council' home a stone's throw from where Tony Blair used to live
>Builders did £100,000 renovations in 2011, creating two new bedrooms
>Private rent could cost £6,000 a month - but welfare family pay £1,000 a month
>Neighbours' fury over recent deliveries of new carpets and televisions

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2155726/Somali-family-benefits-handed-keys--2million-luxury-council-home-Londons-affluent-streets.html

good times. we were the first to move into the new suburb developement in 1992. shortly after this picture was taken every single neighbor had a fence

suburbs still have shady parts...

>people who customize their home usually have pretty poor tastes

Whoever owned my home before me was a lumberjack/beaver/termite. It was good for the wood floors, but it was bad for...

1.) Wood molding, which was cut at 90 degree angles instead of 45 degrees
2.) Wood doors that were stained by a 8 y/o with downs
3.) Wood toilet seats, light switch covers, vent covers, etc.
4.) Wood inexplicably buried in the backyard (e.g. pieces of flooring, 2x4s, plywood) all discovered by the lawn mower

It's been in my possession for awhile and I think I've gotten most of the bullshit worked out, but it's over 50 y/o and I'm still finding half-assed fixes here and there.

Should've entered it, damnit.

at least in that picture they had the decency to align to a sort of grid

ment for

people are just trying to survive OP

It is like they hate their fellow Englishman

And they want them to know it

>safe
>affordable
>low crime rate
>lots of other families that will have similar schedules and values
>quiet
>good for kids

They are pretty soulless though

Little boxes on the hillside
Little boxes made of ticky tacky
Little boxes on the hillside
Little boxes all the same
There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one,
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same.

Gotta have a house like everyone else.
Gotta have a car like everyone else.
Gotta have a family like everyone else
Gotta conform

These look like nice homes. You must be over 18 to participate here. Come back in a few years.

Most council flats could fit in the average American bathroom

Any info I can read about this bro? Always wondered why American suburbs suck so much compared to their European counterparts that actually have things you can walk to and efficient public transport links.

i-is a wizard tower in poor taste for a home? i'm currently in the process of designing a house i plan on building myself.

hahah my parents must be in the same generation, I experienced the same deal. Same early blonde hair before it turned darker as I got older and everything.

Sometimes I wonder though: How do you know that there's going to be friends for your children to play in your neighborhood, before you move into it?

I used to have that same swing set in my yard, it looked flimsy but was built like a tank

Got wood?

Most of the houses in my neighborhood were from one developer, using a rough estimate of 8 different models, all built within 1999-2000. Unlike San Francisco where you can find Queen Anne-style homes next to modern apartments, my neighborhood was built by one developer and is only 15 years old. Those houses in the OP are probably even younger,

It would be fine if it was all surrounded by high walls, and parapets. Maybe a large central structure/square

As is it looks more like a cemetary, or landfill. Someplace you out things to forget them.