How are packages delivered in your country?

How are packages delivered in your country?

Why are american packages left at the front porch for people to steal?
Why don't they have fences and gates?

They leave packages on the door step in my area too. But there's literally no basketball-canadians so they don't get stolen.

package too big to be left in the mailbox so where else are you gonna put it

I'm watching youtube videos and even wh*tes are stealing? WTF?

The reason I find it strange they leave shit on the steps is that any dumb cunt can just claim it was stolen and get a second one free.

my city they leave a tag on your door if they can't reach you. you have to go to the post office to pick it up if they miss you.

why do americans just leave fucking packages at the front door? that just seems retarded.

see

sometimes they do that sometimes they don't. depends on the carrier

Postal worker here

In densely populated areas, we're not allowed to leave shit in front of your door for obvious reasons. If it doesn't fit in the mailbox and you're not home, you're picking it up at the closest post office.

If you live out in the burbs though, and it's a 2 minute walk down your laneway just to get to your fucking house, your package is sitting in front of your door

Ups?

What's a laneway? What makes it a pain for you?

>leave a notification on the mailbox
>arrange for a new delivery date or pick up at the post office/depot
It's not that hard really.

cp

i don't work in the suburbs but I know guys that get annoyed parking across the street, hauling a 49 lb box down your driveway, down the path and up your stairs only to find out you're not home

>leave a notification on the mailbox
no that's dumb and will probably come off somehow.
>arrage for a new delivery date or pick up at post office/depot
refer here

So there's housing which is only accessible by some path too narrow to drive down? What the fuck.

Never had one of my packages stolen desu

especially if we've got grummans/utilimasters, there's even some streets that are too tight

>basketball
M8 it's literally little wh*te shits and poos that do this here.

>Buy expensive graphics card
>Claim it was stolen from front porch
>Get free replacement
>Sell it
>literally free Titan V

Why aren't you doing this?

Because americans are civilized unlike convict australians

>TFW I am and have done this
Sorry not sorry.

Because I need to support small indie companies like Nvidia and AMD

You're not even kidding yourself here.

>>Get free replacement
hol up, surely they gonna check first before sending your ass a free expensive graphics card

how would they check if the delivery guy dumps it at your front door? most likely the dude gets suspended and the sender bills the delivery company cause of insurance shit

Nothing stops you from doing this. They're supposed to make you sign for that shit but if they don't you can get lots of free shit.

Surely they also wouldn't leave a fucking expensive graphics card out in the open either, but if they did then they're completely liable to the consequences of it being stolen since it's such a stupid thing to do. What are they gonna do start a criminal investigation and risk their image over 3k?

they usually don't. if something is that expensive they don't leave it out on a porch. that's the kind of shit they would ring your doorbell, find out you're not home, and come back later

entirely depends if the sender asks for a signature or not. unless it says TITAN on the box, they have no idea what's in there, and even then they have no idea what that is

Yeah I'm aware, I'm just sort of hyperbolizing the situation. Though I had an American online friend who when he bought his new cpu, they left it in front of his garage door and he was strongly considering doing what I'm talking about but decided not to.

they only leave packages if there is someone at home