This was pretty dull, not Harry Potter dull, but dull nonetheless...

This was pretty dull, not Harry Potter dull, but dull nonetheless. Do you think there is much hope for a Dark Universe that rivals the likes of which Marvel, Disney etc. have already created.

>Do you think there is much hope for a Dark Universe that rivals the likes of which Marvel, Disney etc. have already created
No

I don't understand why they went the action adventure route. They should have stuck to classic horror.
I mean you can't replicate the amazing movie that was The Mummy, the stars truly aligned for that movie, so they shouldn't have even tried for the same formula (ancient dude cursed, entombed, becomes mummy etc).

How many films have they made so far which were supposed to be the start of this "Dark Universe"?

>Harry Potter
No!

There was absolutely no chemistry between Tom and blonde co-star. The Hyde shit was just dumb as fuck. The only person in the whole frigging movie with any charisma was dead corporal and he was in the movie for about fifteen minutes.

The Dark Universe is a failed one.

They already have a film in post production and another one in pre production.
Why would you fags care anyway? I seriously hope you're not being haters because the first film was The Mummy with no JUST in it, and I find it hard to believe Disney and DCCuck shills would care so much about another random cinematic universe entering the ring.

The harry potter films are all different and not dull ublile eveeything that's come out since. Really makes me think.
I like cruise and the mummy in this was fine but it was 3/10 garbo

Is there a werewolf movie in the works? Is Dracula Untold part of this universe?

Presumably yes and no.

Honestly, I'm not sure anything could possibly top one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises.

Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>No HG Wells
That Anglo fuck was a visionary.

giv mummy gf

Got what I came here for. See you guys in the next thread

Nigger you think The Great Gatsby is a better book than 100 Years of Solitude?
......fuck's wrong with you.

>Do you think there is much hope for a Dark Universe that rivals the likes of which Marvel, Disney etc. have already created.
There never was hope for that. Nobody gives a fuck about old-school monsters. It's boring. I's been done to fucking death. The only option is to wait way longer and then reboot them once everybody except film history experts have forgotten they ever existed.
And honestly, superhero movies are getting pretty close to being in the same boat.

you are legitimately my favorite thing about this board

y-you too~

>Come here user and give me your cummies I'm hungry

o-ok

It was too rushed.

Sofia was 10/10 and in the "Chained longing" scene even the hair on my goddamn back was throbbingly erect.

Cruise was Cruise.

BestfriendZombie was pretty good, but again, not enough screen time/characterization. Too much of a forced plot device.

Blonde looks like a 55 year old tranny and is just worthless all around.

Script progressed too fast with not enough Mummy & Cruise interaction, and realistically, literally NOBODY would choose some manfaced blonde tranny over a Hot Mummy GymGoddess and superpowers.

In all honesty I could see the whole script being a 3 parter to really give everything the detail it deserved.

#1 movie
Backstory(Hotness' backstory)->Present (Insert Cruise & friends backstory here.->Discovery(Cruise & Co discover Hotness.)

#2nd movie
Transportation(Cruise & Co stealin' Mummy bits)->)Escape(Oh no, she's alive, and craves our bodily fluids! D:)->Meeting(Cruise & Co meet Sofia. Commense with ritualistic unwrapping scene.)

#3rd movie
Interaction(Choices choices. Trannyface vs. Sofia. General relationship shenanigans go here.)->Dilemma(Oh no! She's evil! SURPRISE!)->Choices(Ride off into the sunset with Trannyface, stopping Hotness, or ride Hotness, and become a deathgod?)

???

Profit

So did /lit/ kick you guys out or....

I've never been to that board. Like absolutely never. But everyone should read HG Wells. One of his novels, "When the Sleeper Wakes", was able to accurately predict a ton of modern inventions and utilities, including cell phones and using wind turbines to produce electricity. Plastic too.

>not enough Mummy & Cruise interaction
>proposes a trilogy where there is no interaction between them until the end of the second film

After reading the V-sites (Verge, Vice, Vox, Vulture) bitch about Cruise's age and the age difference between Cruise (55) and Wallis (32), I went to go see it.

If anything Annabelle Wallis was too old.

They had wind power before that boom came out.
It's also not hard to predict a new material.

For example, I predict that in the future there will be a lighter, stronger, more flexible, man-made material.

He described plastic in detail.
And wind turbines existed back then, but wind farms as described in the book to power whole cities wasn't.

>mfw the living chick is more dried up than the 50000 gorillion year old mummy

Just The Mummy so far, but Universal has Bride of Frankenstein in the pipeline for 2019

Wrong
Thay Dracula unchained was the first, then it was retconned

>The 5000 year old mummy looks more attractive then the 30 year old woman
Ahmanet must have also messed around with beauty rituals as well at some point.

W-What

>Hunchback of Notre Dame
>2035

>tfw I will have to wait over 16 years for a new Phantom of the Opera
Holy fuck guys

jesus, three movies. I was watching the only one with 2x the speed to get though it.

The whole Jekyll and Mr Hyde thing was so unnecessary.

god so she's so fucking hot

>ywn never quickly run up to her while she's doing that and give her a hug and accidentally poke her with your erect dick

People comparing this Mummy to the ones before are unfair.

This Mummy is just a shitty attempt at jump start a franchise. It's mix mesh of characters and plots. Unnecessary cameos to hint future movies, and not enough atmosphere.

This is like a shitty action zombie movie with not enough zombie killing action. Zombies weren't even dangerous and literal a rotten piece of wood shatter them into dust.

>Those release dates

>tfw Cruise stars in every single one
>tfw he's 80 years old when the series finishes

DESU I'm only looking forward to The Invisible Man, that one was always my favorite classic horror movie. I even read Well's novel several times because of it.
What I don't though is why release Bride of Frankenstein in 2019, but then the actual Frankenstein movie 5 movies and 10 years later after that.

She looks way better without make up.

But plastic also already existed by the time that book was published.

>ywn have a dinner date with her and compliment her on her looks that evening

Not in a mass produced, used to make 90% of all commodities kind of way.

Again, it's not hard to predict that a technology will be improved upon and become ubiquitous. I predict that in the future self driving electric cars will be everywhere.

>When the sleeper wakes published 1899
>First plastic produced in a laboratory 1907
Beside that fact, yeah sure you have a 50% chance of your prediction being right. Now let's see you make a hundred more and see how many are correct.

Did you not see the Summer ? everything that wasn't a cape collapsed

>wall of jizz floods the street as all the men look at her

gott she is so tiny und cute

>Parkesine(nitrocellulose) is considered the first man-made plastic. The plastic material was patented byAlexander Parkes, InBirmingham,UKin 1856.[20]It was unveiled atthe 1862 Great International ExhibitioninLondon.[21]Parkesinewon a bronze medal at the 1862World's fairinLondon

HG Wells is a an author, not a scientist. He would not have heard about something that only a clique of scientists would have known about at the time. Same as I'm sure you and I are completely aware of whatever fucking shit scientist are currently fucking around in their laboratories right now. Furthermore plastics weren't even exposed to the general public until well after the Victorian Age. The plastic that was created in 1862 was derived from plants and organic matter, and was a very arduous task of obtaining. It wasn't until 1907, that plastic was first synthesized, which paved the way for it's commercial use later in the 20's and 30's; and eventually, it's wide spread use during Wold War 2.

It felt about as generic as you could get even for a tom cruise blockbuster. the mummy was hot as fuck though.

Agreed. There's only like two pictures in existence that show her without makeup. She's apparently not big on taking selfies, thank god.

Authors, particularly speculative fiction authors, typically are aware of new inventions and scientific endeavors. And that wouldnt have been exactly "nee" by the time the book was published. Also, it won an award at the London world's fair. Which nearly 7,000,000 people attended. That's a shit ton of people for the time. The general public was definitely aware of it. Especially during the industrial revolution, when great advancements were being made and publicized in every industry.

>Do you think there is much hope for a Dark Universe that rivals the likes of which Marvel, Disney etc. have already created.

Lolno, strongly reminds me of this turd:

mfw no mummy cosplay bondage fetish waifu

I just hope we get more Dark Universe movies with extreme age differences between Male and Female leads.

The English Industrial Revolution took place in 1769 you fucking retard.
>The general public was definitely aware of it
Exposure does not equate to common knowledge.

>Still no rule34 of this
I don't get it. She's already hogtied and begging for cummy for mummy.

>estimating they'll continue the "wait 2 years" time gap after the 2nd movie

By that point they'll either have them out one a year or scrap the idea entirely.

There'll be a new Mummy reboot by 203fucking5

Crowe as evil Ray Winstone was still the best part

Best part of the whole movie

When they were filming that scene, when they lowered the lid they accidentally hit her on the nose with it. She started bleeding a lot, and no one knew about it until they took it back off and the bandages were soaked in her blood.
It was revealed in one of her interviews, I don't remember which one.

I liked that movie

The actress was so perfect.
Even the way she voiced it I mean smoother than butter.
She wasn't scary though but most modern horror block busters aren't.

>post production and another one in pre production
Did you notice that Cruise is trying to act like Brendan, like dumbing down the character.
he mostly fails cause Brendan is actually stupid.

They need to do it one year at a time. No one's gonna give a shit

The end of the Mummy implies in Mummy II we will seen Tom Cruise become The Mummy which he recites an Ancient Egyptian which transforms into a supernatural character who battles evil.

BRRRRRRAAAAAAPPPP

>not Harry Potter dull

Harry potter isn't dull though.

Hey I think I remember that being a kids cartoon.

based

It was literally fueled by memes and the fact that everyone else was reading them too.

it is

>tfw dracula untold was supposed to start off the whole dark universe shit
>tfw it was hated despite being a better movie than the mummy

>They already have a film in post production
Which one?

Who the fuck gives a shit about those "predictions" really? What makes it so great and important?
The predictions that are interesting to read are those that relate with philosophical and societal issues that might arise from such technological advances, but predicting the advance itself has no value whatsoever.

>The Mummy

More like The Qt

Every time.

she is so divine... I just saw a few clips and images of her in Star Trek Beyond... She likes to get powdered up, have white accentuating her features. Ancient Aryans. We wuz Egyptians, new news on that front, highly related to "native" Indo-Aryan peoples before subhuman rapes/invasions/takeovers (in Egyp's case leading to its "collapse").

Egyptian Pharaohs more related to Europeans in the region and what could be called "Indo-Aryans" or whatever the proper term is... "Algerian"-French is perfect... Apologies for any ignorance, am only grasping the importance of these understandings. Heil Hitler.

She's a shitty actress
just look at the disgust on these guys faces having to work with such a shitty person

>Cruise - 54 years old
>Crowe - 53 years old
>Depp - 52 years old
>Bardem - 48 years old
Who's idea was that?

what the fuck are you blabbering about

I know he's 55 but Cruise has such a weird body

will cruise ever look his age?

Yes

do you want me to tell you why I know you're new, my friend?

I refuse to believe this is true

they're all good actors

>that rivals the likes of which Marvel, Disney etc. have already created.
>the likes of which Marvel, Disney etc. have already created.
>implying any of their cancerous trash was ever good