How do you feel about psychedelics and their use in druidic/religious practices, Sup Forums...

How do you feel about psychedelics and their use in druidic/religious practices, Sup Forums? For my they've proven to be exceedingly beneficial and recently my wife and I have joined a circle of people working on regaining their spirituality through intense study and practice of holy scriptures and the use of psychedelics to accelerate our learning.

How have your experiences been?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N_WMEv-zE5g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think you're a fucking faggot.

"Spirituality"? Are you a teen? Grow up. Either be a real Christian or accept that nothing happens when you die. I don't care which.

Joining a group to get high and have other men fuck your wife to "get in touch" with the divine is the most pathetic thing I've ever heard. Please kill yourself immediately.

>Either be a real Christian or accept that nothing happens when you die. I don't care which.
Why?

shrooms helped me get redpilled

One time I went to a youth baptist service on shrooms. It was very memorable. Felt many emotions and cried

>talk to libcuck on shrooms
>all the doublethink just evaporates
The shroom just doesn't give a fuck about your feels. The cognitive dissonance is either resolved or forcefully destroyed.

Honestly people who get all spiritual with their psychedelics are the people I DON'T wanna take em with. I can get doing that on your own to further yourself in a way, but keep it to yourself

Never liked weed, hate alcohol, the only drug I do recreationally once in awhile is hallucinogens.

You seem pretty sure about the omnipotent force behind the universe, bucko. The notion of God might be a little complex than a book from the developing world describes.

I honestly don't give a shit what your opinion of the metaphysical is. You sound like a fedora and OP sounds like a guy who likes watching his wife fuck other men while he's "experiencing reality for the first time".

Also nice strawman in your post.

Badly need to do DMT. Gotta break through n dissolve insecurity n pain n enter bliss. Ive only done shrooms but have been decent experiences i was camping with friends so it went well.

They work and help you figure out the world better.

Look up Terence McKenna

I use psychedelics often.

I find that they are a very malleable substance, and you can make them into almost anything you want them to be.

You can make it a spiritual drug, a party drug, or an introspective drug, it just depends on your mindset and the setting.

Although in all honesty, you and your wife sound like some loony faggots.

I doubt you will regain your spirituality just because you take psychedelics and read scripture, its not a miracle drug. You may feel enlightened for the 12 hours you're high on it, but afterwards i think the window of god will be closed.

Come on now. You don't need to, you want to.
Besides, you'll get the dmt trip of your life as you die. I've heard it's quite a ride.

Never used psychedelics, but I'm interested in trying DMT sometime. I believe I've started lucid dreaming, one recently I came to a realization in the dream that reality was not real and could be shaped as you see fit, said something like that in the dream and ran straight up a 12' wall to the top. Been attempting sigil magick as well, the first one I cast actually happened 3 days later, very strange feeling. Could have just been confirmation bias, but still weird.

>I find that they are a very malleable substance, and you can make them into almost anything you want them to be.

>You can make it a spiritual drug, a party drug, or an introspective drug, it just depends on your mindset and the setting.

Literally this nigga gets it.

Recently I've been playing around with solo adventures of 4-6 gram doses of Psilocybin tea, and yesterday I tripped and decided to listen to Lateralus + 10 000 Days (by Tool; in that order) while doing conditioning exercises / meditating. There were honestly so many points where the albums brought me to tears of joy, especially with 10 000 Days (specifically songs like Jambi, Wings For Marie Pt 1, Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned, and Right in Two). The experience just felt so genuine and the way the albums were constructed worked perfectly in tandem with exercise because it would be a hype / energetic song like The Pot which would reach this incredible climax and then melt into something peaceful like Lost Keys; so it would give me these little rest moments where I have a ton of energy yet I'm completely at peace.

TL;DR The trips have made me confront a lot of emotional baggage while still being an incredibly beautiful experience, making for a really valuable and honest learning process.

>Look up Terence McKenna
I really enjoy many of his lectures. It's where he touches on social issues and preaches dumb shit about free love or borderline ancom garbage I get annoyed.

I suppose he was very much the product of his time.

Magic is dangerous because just like physics you need to take power from somewhere in order to yield work. Few magic sources are benevolent.

That isn't to say 'don't do it' so much as 'be careful' and 'don't use it to solve issues caused by your lack of skill/willpower'.

>DMT
>starting with DMT
You're braver than I.

No, your objections are very well-founded. It needs a ton of work before and after.

>Magic is dangerous because just like physics you need to take power from somewhere in order to yield work. Few magic sources are benevolent.

Yeah i'm no doctor but you should lay off the psychs...

110% wont reveal shit unless i want to
dose me, drunk me, check the memes

fpbp always happens in shill threads

The experiences I had on psychedelic mushrooms made me stop drinking

Honestly I don't use magic to make up for shortcomings. The sigil was actually just to see if it worked. I had some product designs listed for sale online, nothing had actually sold for over month since I listed them. So I created a sigil with the intent that I would sell some products and surely enough 3 days later two products had been bought.

Of all things psychedelics just emphasizes your being. Like the other user said, it depends on your mindset and capability to process shit, to be basically your fucking self. But in a quiet environment you can learn a lot about yourself and/or your buddies. I assume a place of religion is a great place if you're religious or just experimenting with an open mind.

All substances open channels in your brain actually, you can use any of them for your advantage. I feel it quires a certain intelligence though to understand certain things. Not to sound conceived.

I've never done any drugs before, but I absolutely love psychedelic rock. I wish psychedelics today were as big as they were in the 60's just so psychedelic rock would be good again.

youtube.com/watch?v=N_WMEv-zE5g

quran prohibits talking to / thinking about god while on anything u consider a drug.
not hadith or sunnah. chapter 5 i think

Terence definitely missed the mark on a bunch of things (as we all do) but I found his 4 hour lecture; 'Terence McKenna - On Alchemy, The Occult, and the Hermetic Tradition', very interesting.

If you want something more straightforward (to put it in Layman's Terms) definitely check out Graham Hancock. He delves into how mushrooms helped us evolve rapidly to start creating tools and art in huge bursts, and of course not just mushrooms but many other psychedelics depending on where the people were located. He also delves pretty deeply into Ancient Egypt and makes a lot of connections back to Atlantis and how the civilization that would have been like around that time compared to how we are now.

My explanation really doesn't do it justice so to get a good idea of what he gets into you could watch one of the Joe Rogan podcasts he was on, or one of the countless interviews he's done.

Well that is one thing to mind if you wish to follow such faith.

this is true. mushrooms and viruses branched our dna out to enable more mutations & enable us to be who we are today.

it's crazy when you hear a scientist explain it.

I'm down with the DMT trip. I've heard nothing but good things from people who've done it, but then again those are the type of people that want to. I'm going to cook up a batch when I move into my new place soon and start off with a heavy dosage, 60mg.

How tf do you know if you actually get the trip? Did you talk to someone after they died?

I consider psys to be a religious sacrament, but I also agree that they can be used for fun, dancing, music, creativity, personal introspection, or many other things depending on the user.

The only transcendental religious experiences I've ever had have been on psychedelics. No meeting God or anything, just an awareness that there is much more going on in the universe than we are able to perceive. Sometimes I get the feeling of an ancient wisdom (particularly with mushrooms, aya, and cactus) and a symbiotic relationship between substance and conscious creature. I've also felt more inclined to search for aliens, ghosts, and the paranormal, but no encounters yet.

I'm also aware that I'm under the influence of mind-altering substances when I have these thoughts, so I take them with a grain of salt. But they have definitely affected the way I approach the world when sober.

Speaking of Owlsly, I've always wondered about the GD and their association with CIA and/or the occult. Bob Weir has been to bohemian grove, but he mentioned in an interview that he s just hanging out and swapping stories with a top military official. Perhaps they were talking about the early days of MKUltra and The Acid Tests?

I know someone who did a "thumbprint." (A very very large dose of the crystalline form of LSD.)
He said it's what he suspected dying was like. Just blackness, waiting for light to return. I remember what he was like before and he's certainly different now. He doesn't percieve things the same way anymore, I think. Maybe he's dreaming.

I also remember taking three tabs and thinking that my world would be turned upside down. Not the case. I did sit down for a bit and think about my priorities, but they didn't change much. I ended up having a blast playing Wind Waker.

Those pretty colors are the best part though. I want to go to the Badlands next time I do hallucinogens, which may be never. There is no revelation any drug will give you that you cannot achieve with perspective.

everyone in this thread should be embarrassed.

terence is an ever bigger idiot than his brother, who's pure idiot. terence somehow manages to cross the tard spectrum (1971 amazon is easiest to blame, but he was tard before then).

"regaining their spirituality" = getting high

wow, congratulations. you've managed to dress psychedelia in banal spiritualism like 85,457,012 people before you.

just admit it's your justification to get high.

there's a reason people who don't use drugs are more successful than drug users, and that's a lesson you should consider learning.

also, terence's only meaningful contribution is popularizing writings of other obscure authors. if you read his works or listen to his i ching ramblings and take them seriously, you should consider contributing to society for a change.

Steve Jobs was well known for his frequent use of LSD. I might be cherry picking here, but there is more than just one insanely successful person that uses drugs. I will agree with you that there are people that do nothing besides do drugs and collect unemployment, but I would like to remove those people from your consideration because that route is avoidable with dedication to more than just drugs, such as a career or a hobby (besides watching tv or playing vidya)

OH YEAAAAAAAAAH

You're absolutely correct that there are more than one drug users who became insanely successful.

But it's not the norm, and statistically non-users significantly outperform users.

Also, Apple was bailed out of bankruptcy by Microsoft in 1997. Without that, Apple doesn't exist. So maybe not the best example.