>Out This Week:
LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures - Episode 8
The Force Awakens #2

>Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Celebration Reel
youtube.com/watch?v=HUb_zpdyDpU

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10852150
youtube.com/watch?v=zsERzZt9dro
pastebin.com/6sGxG4Jj
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Grand Admiral Thrawn

Waifus when?

Reminder

Fourth for best clone

when are we doing that son of dathomir dub?

When Poll-user wakes up

If people actually want to give it a shot, then probably on the weekend.

>The voices of the anons have spoken - Winner of Match 1 is Ayla Secura

>Match 2 is Luminara vs Asajj

now thats a tough one

where do i vote?

strawpoll.me/10852150

Vote for Match 2 - Luminara vs Asajj

>Luminara

It still hurts for some reason.

And here is the result of match1

Easy choice

Forgot to add pic ffs

how long is each match for?

Each match ends with creation of the next thread

With any luck, the finals will be Ahsoka vs. either Ventress or Shaak Ti

I bet they have kids somewhere in the galaxy.

I'm just going to leave this here. I don't know how many of you have seen it, but it's magnificent.
youtube.com/watch?v=zsERzZt9dro

Top tier waifu.

I'm curious about this relatively new (to some people) tidbit about saber crystals gaining their color based on the person who finds them.

What's the difference between blue and green? Anakin and Obi-Wan were pretty philosophically different people, after all, to both be blue. What is up with Ahsoka's yellow-green one? And what was so different from Luke that he later obtained a green one, not that we even know how he found that crystal (or was it in the young adult version of Return?) If you pull a yellow crystal out of Ilum does that land you with a job as a temple guard? I wonder how they reacted when Windu pulled out a purple crystal. What do you do to people like Tera Sinube who produce a white/silver one? Or is there just something in Jedi teachings that doesn't produce those kinds of results anymore until Ahsoka left? Not to mention the wackiness that is the Dark Saber!

And then there is the big big question that rather defeats the purposes of the other ones which is why the fuck it even matters since who a person is as a youngling on the Gathering for the first time is very likely not who they end up being later in life, especially as they grow in the Force, so creating a blue crystal as a kid could mean jack when as an adult you'd produce a green one.

This should be added to the Download Links bin
pastebin.com/6sGxG4Jj

>What's the difference between blue and green?
So far there doesn't seem to be any substantial difference. The EU tried to come up with a meaning for them a few times, but it doesn't really work.

As far as Luke's, not really sure what the current canon says about his lightsaber. He may have found the green crystal among Ben's old stuff rather than go out and get a fresh one.

>And then there is the big big question that rather defeats the purposes of the other ones which is why the fuck it even matters since who a person is as a youngling on the Gathering for the first time is very likely not who they end up being later in life, especially as they grow in the Force, so creating a blue crystal as a kid could mean jack when as an adult you'd produce a green one.
Not sure how that defeats the purpose. It's not like there's some sperg Jedi going around the temple calling people on their lightsabers being the "wrong" color for them.

Aside from red, we don't know the significance of colors. Even white is kind of up there- for Ahsoka it meant one thing, but it could mean something different for Sinube. We don't know how the guards get their lightsabers, so it's not really clear if they all have to roll yellow crystals or if they just give them those lightsabers when they get the job (I'd lean towards this). We don't know what purple signifies (the EU went on this whole stupid "MACE WALKS DANGEROUSLY CLOSE TO THE DARK SIDE!" tangent purely because blue and red make purple so Mace MUST be constantly on the verge of going ape), either.

TFA's nuYoda is so fucking gross to look at in addition to being entirely unnecessary, I hope she dies off screen before the next film and is never mentioned again.

It's weird, her appearance in Freemaker Adventures did more to make her endearing than the actual movie did.

Not saying it defeats the purpose of the colors, but it does very much gut the notion that the colors are really significant outside of the Sith red ones, which are pain and damaged and bleeding like everything else you can buy at Hutt Topic.

Why did Disney have to go and give her hair?

She came across as a tough granny who didn't take shit from anyone, not even rough pirates. In TFA she just comes across as a granny. If Han didn't mention that she ran the bar, you'd think she was just a waitress there.

We know the significance of yellow being the guard color, and apparently there is a huge significance in producing a white saber crystal (though we don't know if Tera Sinube or Ahsoka actually produced the crystals and aren't just using swords they found or otherwise obtained)

Personally, I don't mind the hair but I did like her better bald

Or maybe you shouldn't think too hard about their significance.

Well, her shouting out his name and stopping all activity in the bar would have made it significant. Like when she shouts everyone listens.

Because Obi-wan told her he'd like her better with hair.

To me that seemed more a case of everyone stopping because it was Han's name that was called out.

Or maybe we should. There's no rule of thumb here what we do, we just do stuff. It's a general. We chatter about whatever comes up.

The real trick would be if you pointed out how originally there was no significance other than they found a blue saber didn't work on Tatooine's open sky with the techniques they were using so they gave Luke a green one. Everything else is just tacked on later, like a lot of canon. It would, at most, be trying to take into account totally unrelated events.

But that was more of an "Oh shit, Han Solo's here?!" reaction. They had already established that Han is famous to the point of being legendary.

Depends. Did they quite the moment she spoke or did they quite after she finished his name? Though nobody in the crowd really seemed to care about him after he said hello. It's not like people were crowding for autographs or lining up to offer him a smuggling job. It really just seemed to be Maz shouting that stopped everything, and in a place that rowdy you'd think shouting is common.

Plus he probably owed half the people in the bar money.

Nobody gave a fuck about him, though. They immediately went back to their business after she shouted.

Now it seems really strange that they immediately didn't care about him.

Because they didn't

It's a little of both. They all stopped when they heard Han's name, and there's a few shots of people quickly turning their heads in a sort of "Solo? Where?!" way. Then they all go back to ignoring him.

So I just rewatched The Force Awakens for the first time since it came out and I still think it's brilliant. Is it flawed? Hell yeah. After seeing the Art Of The Force Awakens I realize they played it too safe with a lot of aesthetic choices (I just hope we see some of those designs reused in VIII and IX) and yeah the plot is basically the same as Episode IV.

But the cast are amazing. So much chemistry and they all gave wonderful performances. It's also the funniest Star Wars movie since Empire. The special effects are beautiful in a lot of places and even if the soundtrack isn't super memorable it was still John Williams doing his thing.

That being said I think Episode VIII is going to be better, and possibly even the best Star Wars ever. There's a great cast working with a great director like Rian Johnson and I trust they'll deliver on something really good.

It's a fun movie, but I wouldn't at all call it brilliant. On its own it does work, but for me the problem is that once the credits roll I don't really care about the universe. Even the prequels made me curious about different places and characters. With TFA, I felt like I was watching a well-done sci-fi action movie but not one I felt really invested in. I'm not really dying to know more about these characters or to see more of this universe. I'll gladly watch what happens next sure, but the feeling there is more "oh, there's a sequel? Yeah, I'm down for that" and less "I can't wait, are we getting some comics or books to tide us over in the meantime?"

It's a weird feeling to think a movie is really good and at the same time be disappointed by it.

how come the new republic isn't based on coruscant

The capitol world moves around depending on who the new chancellor is.

I like the hair

That's sort of how I feel. As a popcorn flick it's great. As the first entry in a new trilogy and a new era for the franchise, it's a let-down.

How thin-skinned do you have to be to think somebody having a positive opinion about The Force Awakens is bait?

>disney

Disney had nothing to do with it.

It's nice to see someone having a genuinely positive feeling about the whole thing. Feels like most of us have been ground down and made jaded.

Not him, but this thread has a history of people coming in here to start fights over TFA no reason. I think you're sincere, but I can see how your post can be mistaken for bait.

I never thought it was bad, I just thought it had no depth.

It felt like it was star wars, dumbed down for the casual audience. Every now and then some shit happened that would make me cringe.

>depth
>in a childrens series modeled after 50s pulp sci-fi starring space wizards and a giant mandog

If you want depth in your sci-fi watch Gattaca or Solaris or Blade Runner or hell even Star Trek. Star Wars was never supposed to be deep.

My personal feelings on it is that for all its faults there was nothing it did so badly that it couldn't be remedied in later movies.

BUT if the rest of them follow in the standard set by TFA then it's all-in-all going to at least disappoint me, and I'm sure others.

Star Wars is a simple story, but simplicity does not imply shallowness.

TFA was just confusing on the premise and motivation stage. Just because the trappings are similar does not mean they are the same.

>My personal feelings on it is that for all its faults there was nothing it did so badly that it couldn't be remedied in later movies.
Are you saying it's a movie that can't stand on it's own?

>dumbed down for the casual audience
You're talking about Star Wars, the second highest grossing film series of all time. The series that makes a gazillion dollars a year from merchandise. The series that's so ingrained into popular culture that even people who have never seen it know about the Vader twist. The series was for casuals from day one.

It IS part of a trilogy, user, so in some fundamental ways it isn't designed to "stand on its own." Later movies can and will build off of TFA, that's just how it will work. And they can indeed elevate it or remain, from a certain personal point of view, mediocre.

Still best waifu, despite Filoni's best efforts to ruin her.

>Star Wars
>Dumbed down

Star Wars was always basic as hell. That's part of its charm. TFA is exactly the same in "complexity" as any other Star Wars movie.

>Those "Bring back the EU" pages are still at it

I feel bad for anybody whose life is so consumed by one franchise that they devote so much time to complaining about things changing.

By the way whats that edgy Mandalorian kids deviantart called again? I want to check out his masterpieced again.

The worst criticism I can say about Force Awakens is I barely remember the movie. People discuss the scenes, and I think "oh yeah, that happened". Meanwhile, the other six movies all left vivid imprints of scenes in my mind. I can remember nearly all of the movie. When we laugh about dumb prequel scenes we're still recalling them, even if they are dumb.

That's the problem with the Force Awakens, and it's pretty damning for a Star Wars film. It's just boring.

TFA wasn't meant to stand on its own, not in the same way that ANH and TPM can. It leaves a great deal of it's major plot points without satisfying resolution for the main cast. Finn is in a coma, Han is dead, Ben is still evil, Snoke and Hux are alive and Kylo's training is to be completed, the New Republic is leaderless and presumably in disarray, the Jedi STILL haven't returned, and because Luke never speaks we have no idea what condition he's in or what he'll do or if meeting him is even a good idea.

TPM could end with Yoda being wrong, Sidious fucking off and crying in defeat, Palpatine remains a nice old man, and Anakin will be trained.

ANH ends with Vader surviving but the Death Star and Tarkin are both gone. The Emperor hadn't been introduced as a deadly warlock yet so it's entirely possible that the Empire could have been fatally crippled and the Rebellion would receive massive support from everyone and they'll steamroll what's left of the Stormtroopers. Hell, we didn't even know if Vader's TIE was short range like the others or if he had a hyperdrive. Curiously the earliest periphery material at the time, especially the Poster Monthly magazines (which gave us early descriptions of the duel on Mustafar that left Vader burned) had Palpatine as a weak old man trapped by the ambitions of the Moffs, with Tarkin as the true power behind the throne.

I love hearing about speculation and plot details before they became concrete. Wasn't there a Marvel comic from before Jedi that portrayed Jabba as being some weird rat person?

Sounds like what Han was originally. Thank goodness that never happened.

>By the way whats that edgy Mandalorian kids deviantart called again?
Filename

Grand Moff Tarkin's deviantart account! I should have known!

SUCC

>Bring back the EU" pages are still at it

What's hilarious is that there's barely 100 of them combined that are still active but they think they actually are accomplishing anything

This image features such a stark decline in quality as you go down. Like he was so hyped to draw the TORtroopers and Mandalorians but by the time he got halfway through the clones he got bored so he half-assed the Stormtroopers for completions sake.

Mixing legends with canon

Holy shit you're not kidding. He didn't even try to polish off the draw lines

LIFE DEBT A SHIT

Post more

Sta Wars is Star Wars no matter what continuity ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[Spoiler]Marvel Star Wars will never top Dark Horse's stuff[/spoiler]

First spoiler is lowercase

when will we get something that takes place after ep 7?

December 15, 2017

I'm thinking next year to hype up episode 8.

Episode 8 in 2017

It's not Star Wars, it's like JJTrek or the Marvel movies.

A Hollywood blockbuster only with Star Wars props.

>A Hollywood blockbuster
Star Wars literally invented the modern blockbuster.

Whats with people in this general and pretending that Star Wars is more than just goofy sci-fi action with a lot of heart?

>Star Wars literally invented the modern blockbuster
No, that was Jaws.

They both played a hand in it. It doesn't have to be one or the other exclusively. Jaws invented it, Star Wars perfected it. Or... Something like that.

Oh my.

...Would.

ftfy

How long has this been around? I've seen the first two like a million times but never this one

>Maul's "m-mommy?" face