Red Pill me on the Navy

So I'm waking up to the BS that's happening in the world and I'm on the fence about joining the navy within the intel field. Wanted to do something with purpose, enlighten me please.

Other urls found in this thread:

ec.militarytimes.com/static/pdfs/Pay-Center-2016-Bonuses.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the US Navy is an adventure club for boys funded by taxpayer dollars.

its a great place to fuck off and waste your youth before you figure out what you really want to do. if you want "purpose" go find religion or start a charity or something. if you are an officer, be prepared to be surrounded by dick sucking political faggots who will fry you at the slightest mistake. if enlisted you will be surrounded by the lowest common denominator of human being.

you'll have fun though.

our navy is the reason the world is what it is with safe, cheap international trading. Wouldn't be the worst thing to do with your early 20s bruh

youll be Jewed dummy

"be prepared to be surrounded by dick sucking political faggots who will fry you at the slightest mistake."
This right here is a big fear of mine since I'll probably be doing work related to politics and I'm not sure I can believe in the mission of our country anymore lol...

Thanks for the replys so far guys.

Do you have a degree?

I do, associates degree in criminal justice, not that this is rare lol.

Rescue swimmers get 10k sign on bonus
Do it senpai

Are you trying to do OCS?

If you are worth something you shouldnt join. Only retarded crackers join the military because they feel a sense of nationalism for a poisonous country. Don't be a blatantly ignorant cracker

What kind of stuff are you into? I'm currently waiting to go to boot camp, my contract has me as an Electronics Technician or Fire Controlman. I'm trying to get switched over to what this nigga's talking about though

There are better military positions for people who have good intelligence.

Need a bachelor's degree/more credits for OCS, I'm more worried playing into a corrupted system that has distorted the mission of the military. The more I research on issues the more evidence piles up that our country seems to be the bad guy due to our politics. I believe in the people in the military though just not our president and so on.

This.
I did 6 years as an Electronics Technician. I worked for a while with a guy that was doing HUMINT, it seemed like he was much better off than a lot of the other rates. I also was never stationed shipboard, your options in Intel are quite extensive.

work for the j ew reap the consequences. dont say nobody warned you niggers

He's not going to get his legs blown off or anything you fucking tool.

Well the rate I would be getting would be really good which involves the intelligence field.

Well to be straight forward it would be IS

you are the fool if you believe in shit tier j ew militaries

I dunno much about Intel stuff. Never interested me, but if you can't go to OCS, then my best guess is Crypto if you're enlisted.

Once you complete boot camp your orders will state whether you are an ET or FC. In my case mine were ET but I was given an option to switch to FC. If you want to be guaranteed actual sea duty go FC. If you want more flexibility in where you are stationed go ET, although this may no longer be the case as it was for me in 2006.

I don't, but you're a fucking idiot if you think I'm joining so that I can "fight for freedom". Did it never occur to you that most of the military isn't Army Infantry?

If I stay in AECF, it doesn't matter to me. On one hand I'd like to blow shit up as an FC, but I hear ET's get to work on way more stuff. "Everything" Technicians so I hear. My dream rate is AWR though.

oh do educate me on how you can't get shooting skills if you're not going to jew facilities

What's the best way to become a naval aviator?

What is the sign-on bonus they are offering for AECF these days?

Shit dude, I don't even know. It was just the best option that they had at the MEPS when I went. Best answer I can give you off the top of my head is E-4 out of A-school.

That's good they're still doing E4 post A-school. I got $8000 pre-tax. You should speak to your recruiter about a bonus, don't let them fuck you around with empty promises.

I don't think there is any bonus,
ec.militarytimes.com/static/pdfs/Pay-Center-2016-Bonuses.pdf

I'm not too worried about it, I have a /long/ time until I ship an my recruiter's helping me get switched over to AW.

Shit. I guess the Navy isn't hurting for recruitment like they were back then.

Interestingly, the USMC bonus fields from the Military Times link is basically an ET broken up into multiple MOS.

US Navy: Jack of all trades, master of none.
Best of luck to you in your Navy Career.

Yeah they aren't hurting from what I understand and in fact they are downsizing the Navy quire alot. Thanks and goodluck to you as well.

Still hoping someone drops a truth bomb on this thread :)

There's alot of different kinds of aviators and alot of different paths.
The /fastest/ way to become a pilot would to go to college under an engineering program, enroll in NROTC for 4 years, graduate, commission as an O-1 with Naval Aviator or Naval Flight Officer contract.
Another way is to have a degree, go to Officer Candidate school with a contract (I hear pilot contracts are EXTREMELY rare for OCS and that more NFOs come from OCS than NAs).
Although I'd say the best way would to enlist as anything where you get to work with aircraft, then do Seaman to Admiral 21st Century with pilot contract, then go back in as an Ensign.
TLDR, become an officer with an engineering degree.

quick post their new railgun
i heard they're gonna use it
for some ultra-accelerated buttplay

The USN is the only force capable of having their own members fuck each other in the ass while fucking other forces in the ass.

Remember, it's not gay if it's underway.

Is a physics degree close enough? Would having a civilian pilot's licence?

>tfw shit vision and will never be an aviator
feels bad man

>tfw IT
>tfw ship out next month

I don't know why, but I want to go special forces... I think EOD would be the best route for me.

It's not nominal, but I'd bet it's fine. IIRC, license doesn't mean shit. I think it means you get to skip a tiny bit of introductory training before you even get to a training squadron, but that's it.
Not true. I know they'll correct vision. Even if you can't become a pilot, you could probably become a Naval Flight Officer.

Armyfags will never understand.

From what I understand you can get Eye surgery on the military dime but there is about a 2 year waitlist.

Good thing this is Navy thread.

made me think

Join the Coast Guard. Shit is way more chill.

10,000 sign on bonus to be an ET. best 4 yrs of my life.

If you're coming to Sup Forums for advice on joining and paying attention to what the jag-offs here are saying, you're too fucking stupid to join. Watch McHale's Navy on tv and stay the hell home. I don't want you or your dick sucking Sup Forums buddies fucking up the navy. Clod.

Can't be a fighter pilot after eye surgery from what I remember. Also the age cut off is like 24.

Armyfag here can confirm.

BRB got to go tell someone to rake the dirt.

This might actually be worth going to university for

You absolutely can. The age cutoff is 27, even higher for NFOs and prior enlisted.

Confirmed. Lasik dqs you. Cannot even get into Army warrant officer program either

How do I into astronaut? I assume I need pilot training and good references.

If you have to ask, it's too late for you.

The millitary is an unorganized mess and is the weakest it's ever been.
Father is a marine colonel.
when I had considerd millitary service when I was younger he had told me that it is completely fucked, marines and navy especially.

Any good examples of what you mean by chance?

I'm 20 and my dad is working on exercise equipment in collusion with NASA, I'm young enough, fantastic genes, and I have an into. I need to know what skills would be useful as I know most/all astronauts are from military backgrounds.

What Navy MOS would put me on a boats a lot? I wanna see the world lol.

Boats? Join Coast Guard, you'll be on a boat no matter your rate.

BM, HT, CS, DC

I can only speak for myself. My rating is IT and has me set for 50/50.

>tfw want to go military but can't justify doing so until all democrats are hanged

Military is pretty much communism. You will mow the grass and have the cucked E4s laugh at you. If you are now indecisive about joining up, you're a casualty. You sound like a future Airmen. Go get cucked with some air conditioning, astroturf.

How competitive is OCS these days, anons?
Never thought I'd go for it but then I saw how well they get paid.