Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums
Do you still buy comics?
Do you buy floppies still, or wait for tpbs or omnis?

I haven't bought a floppy since blackest night but I buy trades still

I have a better reading experience with floppies, if I'm going to be honest: spreads are easier to read, you get to see the original covers in full (whereas most trades either include the naked covers, which are a bit bare IMO, or sometimes they don't include covers at all or only put them in the back of the trade). Only problem is that, for the price, floppies are a bit expensive.

Plus, I'm impatient, and I like buying something to experience it more-or-less fresh, not to rebuy something I've already read so as to have a collection.

I'm also a dumbass who forgets that InStockTrades is a thing and, thus, frequently gets tricked into thinking the sticker price of these trades is the only price.

I've never heard the term floppies, but I really like it

I buy most of my my comics in floppies for a bunch of reasons

It saves me money
I like reading stuff when new
single issues are the best judge of quality of a comic
I like reading single issues
And a bunch of stuff that I buy is small press stuff that only comes out that way

Floppies forever

I buy single issues of ongoings I like that don't have high sales. It makes me feel like I'm doing my part to stop that shit from getting cancelled.

I'm down to just buying Gold Digger now. Used to spend $30-40/week.

I bought floppies in the early 2000's until my LCS moved away, and since I was a kid I just had to accept it. Then around 2007 I started picking up some DC stuff and got really into Green Lantern and Power Girl when that started coming out. Around the time I graduated high school is when I stopped getting floppies again and moved to only trades, eventually dropping those as well.

Then a few months ago I got back into DC trades thanks to Gotham Academy, and with Rebirth I got back into floppies. Started going to another LCS and am way more open to publishers other than DC thanks to the way their shop is set up as well as Sup Forums recs. Grabbin shit from DC, Marvel, Archie, IDW, Image, Action Labs, Dark Horse, etc. now and am enjoying comics now more than ever.

i hate the term floppies. I still buy some of them every week. Gonna eventually just move to tpbs

I follow maybe seven or eight series in floppies, and buy trades for the rest.

Mostly because I don't like having massive amounts of space being taken up by longboxes to hold those issues. I like the economy of just buying everything in a single collected volume. That being said, if there's a lesser-known series running that I think deserves the money now because I want to see it continue, then I'll start picking it up.

I get omnibuses as gifts for birthdays and Christmas, I only buy floppies from my LCS, and I sometimes buy trades on instocktrades.

I only buy 3 series in floppies ASM, Deadpool, and Spider-man/Deadpool

I buy lots of minicomics and other small press shit. But I don't really buy single issues if I know it's going to be collected in a book sometime later. I buy lots of books.

I've been getting more into them as I go along. I like reading physical copies and my Wednesdays are boring otherwise, so the weekly ritual of picking up my pull list then going to a coffee shop and reading them all is nice. I'm up to about a dozen books right now though (thanks Rebirth), so I'm looking to cut back.

lurk more pleb

Yeah I get single issues, I like collecting them. Currently just getting Fairyland though.

>>Do you still buy comics?
>Do you buy floppies still, or wait for tpbs or omnis?
I used to pirate, then trade brought my favourites.

Now I pull floppies, got to vote with your $

The only floppies I'm buying right now are Gwenpool. What a fun book.
I'll definitely buy the TPBs as well.

Started buying floppies again with Rebirth after over fifteen years of buying trades.

*over fifteen years of not buying them.

>Usually buying TPB, floppies occasionally because I like my shelf.
>Buy Rebirths and stuff
>Half of the floppy is ads that fuck up pacing or my joy of reading
>Selling most of the floppies I bought

I knew I should have never bought floppies from Big Two

I'm trying to trade-wait more on big two stuff but I still buy floppies to support titles I don't want to see cancelled.

I read mostly floppies, but I honestly dont like it too much, i mean, i get so much more for a much cheaper price, but reading one story over 6 months kind of ruins bigness of it all, makes it hard to care.

But they look coolbeans on a shelf, plus I like displaying some on my walls

Only Gotham Academy because I'm so gay for it and want to marry it.

Prefer trades, but don't want to wait for that.