What does Sup Forums think about tulpas?

What does Sup Forums think about tulpas?
in a few words, they are sentient imaginary friends that, with enough practice you can even hallucinate into reality, but you can read more about them here

tulpa.info/what-is-a-tulpa/
if you're interested.
I know a fair amount on the topic and am also willing to answer any questions some of you may have.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z3j5gtUCkJg?t=1m23s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is your Tulpa?

>give yourself a mental illness

It seems like a completely retarded idea.

Can they pleasure you physically?

Mengele is my Tulpa

A LEAF

Just fucking get a waifu if you need a friend that badly.

oh, I also forgot to tell you to fuck off

Don't forget to sage.

I played with the idea of doing this, I even started reading one of the guides on how to do it, then I got freaked out and quit when I got to the point where they guide told me I should be at 10 hours of imagination exercises after only about 20 minutes and I was about 100% sure that it was going to work so I noped the fuck out. That was a few years ago.

Then more recently after some prolonged loneliness and depression I decided to try again, and the very day I had committed myself to trying again I suddenly found myself in a relationship which has kept me occupied and happy ever since so I dropped it again.

Illness would imply a tulpa is detrimental.
Tulpas can't hurt you, they can barely affect you unless you let them, and that takes alot of practice.

>A LEAF
I'm not even shitposting, just trying to see what Sup Forums thinks of this psychological phenomenon.
I admit it's not Sup Forums related, but half of Sup Forums isn't fucking Sup Forums related, it's better than some shill thread atleast.

fuck off back to trash

kill yourself you pony loving niggers

I don't want schizophrenia, thanks.

Tulpas and schizo aren;t really very similar at all,
Tulpas are more similar to DID, with which it still doesn't hold many core similarities, Tulpas rarely affect their hosts in any detrimental ways.

I have a gf and real friends, faggot.

My Jackie Chan tulpa is awesome!

Tell more

Alright, if you're actually being serious, I'll give you a serious reply.

Sup Forums is against degeneracy. Not only is it against degeneracy, it is against letting degeneracy go unchecked.

Evil wins if good men do nothing.

And I can't help but feel that to be a good man, you either have to be trained to be a good one, or have enough power of introspection to make yourself a good one.

Clearly someone who is so far down in their own head that they're able to create a tangible imaginary friend can clearly introspect well, so if they were to use this ability to better themselves instead of retreating inward, the world would be a better place.

Yeah I don't want Tyler durden trying to kill me.
>I've already got genocidal ideas, I don't need need psycho me walking around convincing me to lead my friends on muslim hunts.

Illness is not only having or needing or "fulfilling" the creation of an imaginary friends but doing so past 4 years old. You're emotionally stunted or worse autistic

My best friend, and the only human a knew who wasn't a cruel shit to me growing up, died in my last year of high school.

I've been trying to imagine him back into my existence but with no such luck.

Thank you for the serious reply, that's all I really wanted was some discussion.
While I get your point that retreating inward is a fucking stupid idea, I Think having a tulpa has the potential to go either way.
While many will go down the easy path and let a tulpa become a cruth to replace any real social interaction, some people may find themselves with Tulpas that encourage them and help them to better themselves, and call them out on their bullshit. I fully understand why one could assume the former though, it seems to be where many end up to some degree.

So you conjure up an imaginary wingman basically? You don't speak at the machination in real life right, just think a conversation? Still seems unhealthy to me

If you could really make persistent self-perpetuation visualizations to that degree, You would be better off designing yourself a custom HUD with widgets that constantly tracks thinks like time, calendar, location/direction, distances, sound wave/volume effects, maybe a minimap.

>inducing mental illness.
Go for your life senpai.

>tulpas are becoming a hot new Sup Forums meme

>new

Hey, tulpa fags, drop some fucking acid and confront your demons

>Self induced schizophrenia
No thanks famalam

>So you conjure up an imaginary wingman basically?
If you want, yeah, you can make pretty much whatever you want, for the most part, a tulpa is clay you can mold, to help you or hurt you, to be a crutch, or to be motivation, for the most part, it's up to you, though they may deviate a bit from your original plan as they become sentient.
>machination
Not completely sure what you mean by this, never even seen this word before, but If you mean the process of creating the tulpa, yeah, you just have to direct thoughts towards your tulpa, although when they are just starting to become vocal, it helps to speak aloud as you narrate to them so as to help distinguish their thoughts from your own.

As for unhealthyness, like I said in the last post, it has alot of potential to be exactly that, it's probably not a practice for everyone and some people would be better off confronting their problems rather than making a crutch to lean on. but it also has lots of potential for motivation.

>Dat pic doe

Would it provide any benefit to achieving a tulpa by imagining them while lucid dreaming?

Probably, I'd imagine it would be like more effective tulpaforcing, I would think visualization would be especially easier.
To me lucid dreaming seemed like something fun to do once they're sapient, so you could dream together, like a more vivid wonderland.

Seems like summoning a demon to be your companion for a while.

Then you suicide.

Who would have thought? It's a mentally ill attention seeking tranny faggot.

youtu.be/z3j5gtUCkJg?t=1m23s

okay pal and everyone else in this thread
i don't believe in this shit and i also fall in the thinking that this is a form of self induced schitzophrenia

HOWEVER i also browse /x/ and let me tell you. that board has gotten me way more paranoid than all my years on Sup Forums

on the off-chance that you aren't giving yourself a mental illness you are for sure summoning yourself a demon and feeding it your life/soul.

all for the sake of companionship? no thanks, i rather keep my soul thank you very much.

imagination is a dangerous thing, don't summon personal demons Sup Forums they rarely do good.

this is the shit im talking about. that guy is possessed by a demon. just listen to the shit he says about how he got possess by a god damn demon.

We live in an age where spiritual experiences are not sought out, or are frowned upon if they are.

I think YOU are the one with the mental illness here, lad.

Its always you aussies.

>he still believes in fairytales

Keep it to /trash/ you stupid faggots, my own Tulpa even know this thread doesn't belong.

>watch Evangelion for the first time
>suddenly Carl appears IRL
>tfw I've had a Carl tulpa since

If you can convince yourself to do something of value and worth by creating a different personality or whatever else go for it. That being said, if you want to believe in a fox dragon or some other bullshit to keep you company. Just don't.

I have a question.
Can a tulpa access your subconscious?
For example, if I made one, read a book and then went and sat a test on that book, would it be possible for the tulpa to tell me the answers to questions I don't know but have read about?

Likely not possible. It's a neat idea, but likely impossible, and certainly impossible to prove.

KEK