BILL CIPHER STATUE HUNT THREAD #28 - NO CLUES EDITION

Reminder:
When you stare at a clue for too long, you might see things that are not there. But post them in this thread anyway because we've got no other options.

CURRENT CLUE:
"Return to where it all began / The final piece is in your hands / The parchament can be such a tease / The answer's written in the trees"

FIRST CLUE (just in case):
The urban legend has come true / Cipher's statue's calling you / The secret map is in your hand / To trace the clues across the land
Don't forget it's all for pleasure / The hunt itself's the real treasure / But a prize awaits the first one there / Be safe, be smart and of course beware
Key word: Pines

STRANGE AUDIO CLUE:
vocaroo.com/i/s0biHdq6njDP

DON'T FORGET TO WATERMARK YOUR FINDINGS.

IMAGE OF THE FIRST CLUE + MAP:
i.4cdn.org/co/1469655360479.jpg

POSSIBLE LOCATIONS, RECAPS AND STREAMS HERE:
pastebin.com/dz0Ta3cv

The statue may be in either California or Oregon. So take a trip, find it.

Previously:
Information may be updated as the hours pass, be sure to read the thread (and pastebin) and stay up to date in all Gravity Falls mania.

DO NOT POST A NEW THREAD BEFORE PAGE 10.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R8PoE5T7r-8
twitter.com/mielyn_/status/758533930949771264
twitter.com/sevriux/status/758540096991670272
etsy.com/fr/listing/468328615/gravite-tombe-bill-chiffre-puzzle-piece
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SIRBLAH IS FGT!

youtube.com/watch?v=R8PoE5T7r-8

Reposting here

>what did he mean by this

Apparently Hirsch retweeted the posterboard.

Wasn't that audio clue already debunked? Why is that in the OP?

It has Mason on it... oh boy
> inb4 tumblreddit shitstorm

this is taking FAR too long. i feel like whoever does find the statue is gonna cum on it or something

Okay, so:

1. Check the Roses thing that was just posted? Legit or fake? Map up from Portland?

2. Could the three dots be three of the tourist attractions that the crew and SacAnon visited that inspired the show?

3. There does seem to be a tiny R in the trees. Why?

4. Two recent tweets had circles in them. Should we look in the circles all over the parchment?

We can guess that the arrow in the hand is the compass and points north.

>getting him to retweet Sup Forums watermark and Mason spoiler
Good shit photoshop user

Go check his twitter, he did it

HAHAHAHAAHAHA
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR STEALING OUT CONTENT

HAHAHAHHAHA

we have some Rs and an N under Ford's hand

Is this real? Check

No, autistic faggot. I'm congratulating the user who got him to retweet it

N could mean North, so the arrow above it points north.

I'm trying but I have no idea how to replicate Corel stuff in Photoshop.

This is a case where proper use of commas would have been helpful.

What is the Mason spoiler? Am I just retarted

Does anyone have Corel? If the roses are really there it seems weird if it's for no reason.

Is this real or did he do this for fun or something? Is this something hidden in the actual picture?

DIPPER'S
NAME
IS
MASON

>the mystery shack is on HACKett creek
P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y

nice, where in the journal is this?

Did anybody find any letters in the trees? to me that seems like the most obvious answer.

It's Dipper's real name but who the fuck even cares? It's not really a spoiler.

cmon guys, we gotta think

no ur the first person to think of that since we got this clue over 24 hours ago

He deleted it, ahahaha

At least it isn't whatever that fucktard Vailskibum thought it was. Don't even care to remember, just know it was stupid/

After a day long spurt (hurrhurrhurr) of good will towards men after all the twitter people got on that chick's case about freaking out about Sup Forums and told her to just work together as fans, I'm kind of back to thinking we should start converting hardcore pinecest scenes into cipher and leaving them around for the fan girls to try to translate.

Also, holding the statue hostage for canon pincest lewds.

There's an R and some other dubious ones, they say Freemasons.

But besides the R are probably just people seeing things.

If only Mason had a ridiculous name like Sheev does.

Make Alex and Ariel draw them too while you're at it lmaoo

He must be lurking these threads then.

FUCK YOU ALEX, YOU HACK, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Proof of roses

Some of the fangirls ship Pinecest, I thought I heard they were talking to Jason Ritter about it.

pointed this out at the end of the last thread.
Puzzle Bill designer user, it looks like you have more to worry about than Discord stealing your logo.
>etsy.com/fr/listing/468328615/gravite-tombe-bill-chiffre-puzzle-piece

Not sure it means he's in these threads, but I can see some butthurt people telling him on Twitter about it

Who even names their kid Mason [parent first name] Pines.

Also it's retarded how we got that "hint" but nothing to follow through on. I thought maybe this whole hunt would reveal stand-alone secrets relating to the show while still going with the search of the statue.

Seriously why say "Dipper and Mabel's middle names are their parent's first names" if there's never going to be a follow up? That does nothing.

Portland is the City of Roses and there are several notable rose landmarks there.

Seems that she's the OP for the puzzle clues and our Sup Forums puzzle bill watermark
Meaning she did it on purpose to get him to reblog the spoiler
Bravo

What's the matter, Sup Forums?
Can't solve a simple clue?
Man, I thought you guys were smart. You're the ones who keep bitching about the second half of season two and I almost thought you had the right to insult me. But you can't even solve a simple riddle, you're nothing, you don't even have a cartoon. The truth is that you're all sad patethic pieces of shit, but what else can I expect from Trump supporters.

But go ahead, try to prove you're better than me. Figure out the clue, find the statue, prove you're worthy, show me your cartoon.

You can't? Yeah, that's what I thought.

We did it. We trolled the troll

NICE MEME.
>implying we dont automatically reverse image search

Just a thought here: this treasure hunt has been quite carefully planned and each step has required the previous clue to be solved in order to proceed.
If the location of the statue was hidden within the first image, like in letters in the trees, Alex ran the risk of someone accidentally figuring it out before the rest of the treasure hunt was completed. Even if there was some sort of key needed to break a code or whatever, it could almost certainly be brute forced before the end of the treasure hunt.
So it seems unlikely that there is something directly hidden on the first image. It seems a lot more likely that the heart of the secret is hidden in the last clue and the first image only serves a supplemental role, such as acting as a key or merely completing the red dotted map.
In other words, I'm saying we shouldn't obsess looking at the parchment until we find the secret hidden in the last clue.
...But I have no idea where that secret might be.

If the roses are real see if the map maps over Portland and if landmarks like the international rose test garden or rose society line up to the circled dots or if any roads, rivers, or trails in the area match the dotted line

The R in the trees could stand for Roses if this is true

Have no fear Alex, we'll find the statue faster than Fox will cancel your new show.

Does anyone have the page of Journal 3 that says that Dipper's name is Mason? I'd like to see how it was handled in the journal itself. Was it just Dipper signing his name somewhere or something?

This

While I agree that someone might accidentally see letters.. I don't think someone would accidentally stumble across some kind of cryptic solution based on counting specific things in the picture, etc, without the prompt from the missing piece.

Look, are the Roses real or bullshit? Can we debunk this first? Because if it's real why the fuck are there roses absolutely everywhere and there is a city in the area called City of Roses?

Once debunked we can move on

IT'S REAL?

Let's say the Roses mean it's Portland, without the map you have no idea where in a gigantic area the statue is.

I can see the original picture from Alex having roses, but how would the Enchanted Forest piece have roses? It's a cell phone picture of an object.

I don't have a picture for it, but its a conversation between Ford and Dipper, where Dipper reveals his real name. Its quite fan-fictiony.

I don't have it but I've seen it reposted.
IIRC it's a paragraph recounting or narrating him talking with Ford. he interrupts him being called Dipper and says "It's Mason!" and then goes on about how the name is dumb and he's been called Dipper for so long it's probably too late to go back or something.

couldnt the rose just be filters for creating the texture of the paper?

That's why we should check the original picture Alex posted only. If that doesn't have it, it's a prank or just something weird about one combined picture.

I don't know why you would have a nicely repeating pattern like that for the paper when there are plenty of royalty free paper texture images on the internet.

Okay, that doesn't sound too crazy, him just blurting it out to Ford THE AUTHOR is pretty funny. Gotta be taken seriously by the man you've obsessed over for months.

20 minutes of Photoshop and I can't get this shit to replicate. I'm gonna download a Corel demo and see if the program is placing down a pattern or if it really is hidden in the original image.

Also, the pattern looks a lot more like a succulent than a rose from the pointed 'flower' tips. Rose petals are much rougher in shape.

Its just the luminosity of the texture, thats probably why its faded in the far corner because of the lighting from it being a phone image

Its been a week and now its day 8 of the Hunt...

Puzzle still isn't finished either, almost-hirsch.

Ahh. I think I see what you're saying.

I'm barely a novice in these matters.. so the rose pattern is based on LIGHT/DARK and not something else.

Hmm.

I tweeted that Im not sure if theyre roses, botany is not my strong suite. Someone told me theyre called Echeverias, honestly I dont think the texture is relevant, but were pretty stuck and it was unusual so I shared it

well where are those plants located

DEBUNKED.

Let's move on.

all we need is the first and last clue

Here ya go

Go to sleep you'll be late for school tomorrow.

I was not aware of this! My apologies if it threw anyone off. Going to test this once im at the motel room

I made lines to see where each triangle, X, and face (the weird face on Bill's hat and the eyeline of Bill himself) was facing. Those are a purplish gray, a stronger purple, yellow, light green, and yellow-orange.

I also duplicated his arm over to the other side to see what it would look like if he had both of his arms. Then I connected the branches that look like hands to each other and to his hands. Those are pink, green, and bright blue.

I circled alchemical symbols and small eyes. These are in pale blue and light orange.

I drew a line through the rectangles. Not sure why.

The red lines are related to a small T we found since Bill's mirrored hand kind of points to it? We just wanted to see if the ends of it pointed anywhere.

It is not perfect by any means, but it's something I thought would be interesting to try.

Hey, thanks buddy.

This, look at the pattern on where the two pieces of paper line up- it's clearly an pattern overlayed on top of the entire image, since there's no noticeable edges on the plants where the two papers meet.

what the fuck do the boxes/lines at the very top middle mean? Have we translated those?

If he wanted to clue into roses they may have accidentally picked something that just looked similar, or the real rarer flower itself could possibly be relevant.

If the pattern itself is a total accident I could honestly see someone official debunking it as a misleading if minor fuck up.

Is nobody gonna mention how the image was already titled "ROSE AS FUCK.JPG"

Looks like bill is at a rave

It appears that the first 6 rectangles are related to the Russia stuff. NO clue about the second two that aren't lined up.

To go north, you must go south. To reach the west, you must go east. To go forward you must go back, and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.

based

Lmao thats just cause I saw it looked like roses and needed to rename it so it wouldnt overwrite the original file

Okay, good. Now we can move on.

Weird that Corel does that. Huh.

Still, good. Now that's out of the way.

Back to the other ideas mentioned up thread. R in the trees. Rectangle boxes on top, triangles and symbols down right side. Circles. Three dots. Branch numbers. Etc.

HOLY SHIT
BILL IS IN ASSHAI

Wow, what a fucking stupid program. If you're doing serious work adjusting colors, why would you want that overlay?

>Where it all began
>Truth is written in the trees

WHERE IS SACRAMENTOANON?!

Oh for fuck's sake, is this STILL going on? Last I checked in, everyone was flipping their shit over a bunch of weebs in a Denny's. Now it's some kind of spectography hunt?

Fucked around with levels. Found stuff (possibly just artifacts) behind the other missing parts.

But really, too bad we can't get the /gotg/ crew in on this, master theory crafters that they are.
Pinesbowl when?

Bill is possessing Daenerys. I knew there was a weird reason she was finally getknng shit done.

There's probably a way to change the pattern, but roses are the default. Photoshop has a similar thing with weird bubbles.

I didn't mean that as "FUCKER'S TRYIN' TO THROW US OFF", I meant it more as a "NOW THIS GUY KNOWS HOW TO NAME A FILE". I probably shouldn't have used the word 'already' when I posted it.

I'm annoyed that she cut into the eyes.

Did it begin in Sacramento?
Or rather, which beginning was in Sacramento, if any?

Haha no worries I didnt take it as aggressive

It's almost like it's an ARG!

SacramentoAnon was the first of any of us to go look for Bill. He went way back in March when all there was to go on was a hunch and the "Rusty Gates" bit from the series finale...