Disney To Reboot Rocketeer With Black Female Lead

>The Rocketeer is ready to blast off once again.

>Walt Disney Studios is developing a reboot of the 1991 action adventure movie, hiring Max Winkler and Matt Spicer to pen the script for the project, which is being titled The Rocketeers.

>The project, in the early development stages, is being looked at as a sequel-reboot and in a modern-day twist, will be headlined by a black female character.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rocketeer-disney-movie-reboot-works-915037?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rocketeer-disney-movie-reboot-works-915037?
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=rocketeer.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So this is how rape of childhood feels like.

I feel like I just dont care any more
Theres a whole world out there
I shouldnt keep getting angry at trash.

Im too apathetic for a reaction image

Haha Sup Forums BTFO

Don't care

I'm sure Sup Forums's tears will be delicious.

Disney has learned nothing from Sony and Ghostbusters it seems.

Will her name be Riri too?

>Rocketeer
>modern day twist
THE WHOLE FUCKING APPEAL OF THAT MOVIE AND THE COMICS IS THAT IT'S A 1940s PULP CHARACTER FIGHTING SUPER NAZIS

>remake
why?
>with black female lead
oooh, now i get it

why cant women or blacks or both just push their own kind of character instead of trying to mess with an already standing character? why do ghostbusters remake instead of just making some kind of knock off version that isnt going to piss of some old school purists with nostalgia? all they are doing is pissing people off. if anything, people would probably like it better and they wouldnt be constantly comparing it to the original

I'll just not watch it

Sup Forumsmblr please, we've having a moment here

>it'll never happen in the movies with Disney in charge

Get ready for riri in Iron Man 5

This is just disrespectful to Dave Stevens.

ugh can you not? it's CURRENT YEAR

>push their own character
Disney are doing this pleb

>The Rocketeer
>modern-day twist

>A-Are you please, our African American population?
>P-Please forgive us for slavery already

Women and blacks don't make media, ebul cis whyte privileged males do.

And they do this shit because it'll be lauded as amazing and perfect by every fucking retarded SJW and agenda-cuck from RottenTomatoes to Tumblr. Also because leftist men these days have been taught to hate themselves and worship niggers.

>The Rocketeer
>Modern-Day twist

Literally EVERY executive in the media is jewish. There are zero whites controlling media.

>hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rocketeer-disney-movie-reboot-works-915037?

>The new take keeps the story in a period setting and offers a fresh view on the characters. Set six years after the original Rocketeer and after Secord has vanished while fighting the Nazis, an unlikely new hero emerges: a young African–American female pilot, who takes up the mantle of Rocketeer in an attempt to stop an ambitious and corrupt rocket scientist from stealing jetpack technology in what could prove to be a turning point in the Cold War.

we fighting the commies now bro

Because Captain America is the only 1940s white hero allowed apparently. Seriously fuck off with this pandering shit.

Why Modern Day

I don't care if the protagonist is black or female, why the fuck modern day, the whole point of the movie was a throwback at 40's pulp characters kicking Sup Forumstard Nazi ass?

For the same reason Hollywood is obsessed with adaptations, remakes, and sequels: there's less risk involved in known, successful properties. Replacing white men is just the liberal trend at the moment.
The Rocketeer was created by Dave Stevens who is thankfully too dead to see Disney co-opt his creation.

Same reason they're shitwashing everyone in the new Spider-man movie.
Disney hates white people.

Why is it when Hollywood decides to gender and race bend someone it's always as a black female

Why not a Hispanic, Asian, Arab, Indian, or Native American?

This isn't progress, this is blatant pandering

>Max Winkler and Matt Spicer

Reboot, why don't they just call it a sequel seeing how the original happened, or this is like a soft reboot like Jurassic World was?

Almost all jewish people are genetically white eastern european.

Fucking pathethic, trying to portray the russians as the bad guys again.

>fighting the commies
Okay, I might be able to get behind this.

>Sequel, not a reboot
>Original Racketeer present in the story
>Passing the mantle

This is the right way to do it.

Why does Disney own The Rocketeer? Who inherited it after Dave Stevens passed away? Or did he sell it?

Shhhhhh, don't say that on Sup Forumsmblr, you'll get banned for Sup Forums.

You're absolutely right, but right now we're having a good thread where the Tumblrites aren't REEEEEE-ing, I just want to participate.

Progressive stack my friend. THe progressive stack. Apparently Asians, Hispanics, Polynesians, and Native American's aren't oppressed enough.

The irony in White people pushing the agenda for more Black superheroes is so bizarre. I'm sure all the Black people are proud the superior Whites are standing up for them since they clearly can't on their own

No we're not. We're a combination of Egyptian and Mongolian. Learn history.

>Jews
>genetically white
Sure thing, Goldstein.

The reactions are going to be the best thing that comes outta this.

Thank god it's a "sequel", although they might get the whitest black woman in the industry to play the protagonist.

we /hivemind/ now

Hilary wants to invade russia to start WWIII. This is propaganda to condition people.

So, another retarded thing to ignore?

>Modern telling
>Black female lead

Oh god, this is it. You greedy piggyfuckers finally found it. You found the thing that could upset me the most. Christ almighty. I'm honestly depressed right now.

Why? The Rocketeer bombed and it isn't exactly The Thing or Blade Runner, a movie that became a huge deal after its disappointing theater run.

Plus why sequel-reboot it if the time skip in story doesn't match the one between movies? You can't have any old characters pop up if its only been 5 in universe but the actors are 25 years older. If anything a tough black girl fighting the patriarchy would make even more sense in the mid 60s

>a black woman pilot just after ww2
Why do they feel the need to change history? Do blacks not have th... Ok I get it.

That's what will happen

When they say African American female they really mean biracial women

This actually sounds interesting. I'll look forward to the release or more information since it's just going to be bait/bitch threads about it till then.

>black female character.
>people that bitch the most get the spotlight
>no limelight for asian, hispanibros and gals

>there's less risk involved in known, successful properties
But the first movie bombed.

They likely own the rights to make movies. The Rocketeer itself is owned by the Rocketeer Trust which is run by Caroyln Stevens, presumably a relative.

>there we no black people in the 50s

I don't even have to look at Sup Forums, I can hear the white trash screaming from here.

no one said this

I been to Sup Forums once.

Jesus loving fuck, I thought Sup Forums was bad. There were memes everywhere, EVERYTHING.

And the Disneytards make themselves known.

Why even mention the race this early all your going to have happen is be accused of pandering wait a while for hype to build and then let people see the first picture of her dont even mention the race.
Otherwise this could be nice but im still scared its just going to be pandering garbage

Looking at boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=rocketeer.htm it made back its production budget in the US, and of course made more internationally and on video. Who knows what the marketing budget was, but it likely broke even eventually.

Cold war period isn't modern day, user.

This sounds really cool. Hope we get a game out of it too. Not enough good rocket pack focused games.

>black people were allowed near scientific prototypes during segregation era america

That would have made a lot more sense then they could just say heres the new rocketer and people would not have jumped right to pandering

So do you think they get the original director back, and do you think should play our black female protagonist?

>Black women were pilots in the USAF in the 1950s

Reboot of one of favorite movies
>Excited
The Rocketeers
>Hyped
Modern Day Twist
>Cautious but optimistic
Headlined by a black female character
>There is no dreams now, only suffering

>and do you think should play our black female protagonist?
Idris Elba.

Ice Cube and Chris Tucker should play the new, black female Rocketeer

Tell that to Paul Fieg

Non-blacks arent allowed to direct blacks. That would be slavery.

This.

I'm tired of "Wow. Look at us. We have a black character as our lead."

In reality, having a hispanic or an asian as a lead character would be more "progressive" and "diverse" at this point.

>Coming from a man that holds significant responsibility in taking a wrestling promotion from heights never before seen to being sold for reportedly less than 7 figures

Feig went full retard.

>1965~ish
>Heyday of the black power movement, feminism, when social justice meant something.
>Gloriously Afro'd liberated Black woman in bell-bottoms and a fringed jacket gets the jetpack.

Could be a Mulan situation, wearing a mask and baggy clothing to hide the fact that you are a black woman in the 50's.

I hate Riri and Fembusters but I'll reserve judgment. Because so far this hasn't done the things that actually piss me off about those two examples. Fembusters is shit because it has poor writing, Adam Sandler humor and actively wants to hate its male fans. Riri is replacing an established and beloved character in-universe and you know what you're in for with Bendis.

For this new Rocketeer, I just want the same uncynical vibe and sense of adventure as the original, the suit to look good, and for them to not push that she's facing adversity for her skin color and sex. That's all an incredibly tall order, but the main thing is I don't care it's a black woman.

fuck me, I just read that it's set just after World War II and in the same universe. This is easily fucked.

It's clear there is an ideology behind it because if it was merely just wanting a wider audience they would pick an Asian hero, it would probably do well in China which is a huge market nowadays but no.
It sure as hell never going to be an Asian woman, despite it being feminist having a woman, progressive not being white and appealing to a large market.

Marketing, mostly. Female lets you cast a pretty (essential if you want men to watch) woman (appeal to female audiences who don't usually go for action/adventure films) as lead , black allows you to entice Person of Colour audiences. Black is the generic American non-white ethnicity - there might be more Hispanic actors and actresses, but they can largely pass for white and that's no good for what you want; there are fewer Asian actors and actresses and their unions aren't as vocally demanding, plus casting the wrong ethnicity could tick off your actual East Asian nationalists (China and Japan dickwaving is a particularly unprofitable concern). There's only a handful of Native American actors and actresses, and none of them have name recognition, so they're disqualified from the outset. There are, however, several vocal black lobbying groups and emphasising "Person of Colour" as opposed to specifically black means you get less complaints from, say, Hispanics - we're all in this together, bro!

White Male 18-25, the core audience of summer adventure films like this, are assumed to be going to go see it anyway, no matter what the content of the films like so long as there is some eye candy and explosions. Casting black and/or female is just marketing to try and appeal to a larger audience. As Ghostbusters 2016 proved, you can even get free publicity if you try and stir up a little culture war clickbait. Its not just a generic summer flick churned out as part of the endless, creatively bankrupt trend of rebooting properties, its the most important movie of our lifetimes!

Its all nakedly cynical, but its not about denigrating the White Race or something. When they're well run, media companies are idiot machines looking to make as much money as possible. When they aren't run well you get Sony Pictures.

They could even base her on Katherine Sui Fun Cheung to make it slightly more accurate to history.

Judea has it's own ethnicity, you're not a combination of anything.

So this movie is going to have a gorilla with a rocket pack?

Who should be rebooted next as a black girl? I say The Shadow, because shadows are dark like beautiful black woke woman

>Have a chance to make their own original superhero
>Nah, let's use the Rocketeer

Let me off this ride, I want to go home

Eh, ok. Sound cool.

So we're getting a movie where a black woman who goes around wearing a helmet and rocket pack fighting commies and it's sequel to the original Rocketeer?

That's sounds pretty awesome.

Dident work for ghostbusters.
Still ghostbusters had nothing else going for it this might still pull a ms marvel and turn out good.

Might be cool.
I wonder if they'll cast someone who's actually black or they'll just get like Zoe Saldana.

Pretty shitty marketing if you ask me. No one in China or Asia for that matter or Latin America are going to watch this movie. They really don't give a shit about black people.

I'm latinamerican and i can confirm. The only black people we even recognize are Morgan Freeman(wise negro), Samuel Jackson(angry negro), and Terry Crews(deodorant negro)

>it's a sequel about fighting commies

OK, I'm actually down for this.

A young female "African-American" pilot becoming the Rocketeer in the Cold War when blacks were openly called "nigger" and couldn't use the same drinking fountains as white people is the worst kind of revisionist nonsense. Sure, there were the famous Tuskegee Airmen but there were no females in that group, or any female pilots until decades later. The whole premise sounds stupid and I predict this movie will bomb. Miserably.

if they wanted to make a movie about fighting commies in that time period this brave black women would be fighting her own government

the "commies" are just going to be modern russians, i am calling it now.

Cliff Secord was a civilian show pilot who stumbled onto a military prototype and stole it.

There was no "rocketeer" brigade in real life to historically revise. New rocketeer's going to be another civilian pilot who stumbles on the rocket pack.

There is no issue here.

>Black women were pilots in the USAF in the 1950s
citation needed

that's what I was saying, ya dingus

>The Rocketeer was in the USAF