Why the fuck you havn't read it yet ?

why the fuck you havn't read it yet ?

Because I couldn't get into Doom Patrol.

I don't read edgy shit

Yeah I tend to like Morrison's short work like Flex Mentallo or The Nameless more than his long runs

I did. I really enjoyed the first two thirds.

The last third sort of loses all sense of direction and momentum. I'm sure there was some sort of metaphysical point being made by doing that but in the end it was still sort of directionless and without momentum.

Fair enough. I love mindfucks and bizzare stuff tho.

Indeed. It's extra hard to follow after the Tarantinofest the second part was.

I did but it wasn't good.

Flex is very, very, dense compared to its length. Overall I think it's he's best work (Flex).

I bought the Omnibus, get fucked.

Already fucked (In my mind. by the omnibus as well. *dick bump*)

Because grants a hack

I'm currently reading it. Had a real hard time getting through the first few chapters, but once they astrally time travelled to the French Revolution it became awesone and pretty much all I ever wanted.
As a Eurobean, I like that it picks up so many European themes like French Revolution, de Sade, Scottish folklore, British counter culture, etc. You don't see it that often and it's really cool.

I'm poor and I keep spending my Amazon dolleroonies on other things (Seven Soldiers most recently). And reading Grant digitally doesn't work for me for some reason.

Yeah, I was in pretty much the same boat until the time travel part. After that it really hooked me, though once I reread it Dane and Tom being homeless wizards was pretty cool too.
The last third had some great moments but I feel like the artist change coupled with all the new characters we were following made it less satisfying.

Yeah it's very british.

Have you got to vol 2 yet ? It's when things start to get Murican

ffs I'm really looking for SSoV. I think It's out of print, shame there havn't been an omnibus yet.

i've read it 3x. great read. sometimes the art lets the story down, though.

IST had it last I checked but I bought from a retailer via Amazon because I had the gift cards, good luck m8

Thing is, I didn't like Dane at first. He seemed like such a stereotypical snot-nosed British street rat protagonist, which at one hand was extremely fitting but on the other hand really annoyed me. But he's grown on me by now. I thought Tom was cool.
I'm at the part where they're in 'Murica right now! And it's probably no coincidence that I stopped reading for a bit? Heh. I'm determined to finish the series, though. Lord Fanny and King Mob are probably my favorites, such great characters.

Mt LCS actually has the omnibus, I'm just gonna fucking by it when I'm in their next.

Cause nobodies storytimed it yet, bitch!

The America arch is pretty great honestly, keep with it. Not Bruce Wayne is great.

google says there is no omnibus. only 2 tpb's and deluxes (both are pretty much oop)

Well fuck, guess it's just trade 1 then

I've had the Omnibus for a year and still haven't got around to reading it. It's really fucking big.

Phill Jimenez's (or what he's name) art is really really good there. Great for all that action.

Stop eating paint chips.

drip some lube on your brain first because you'r gonna get brainfucked

goodgoyim.jpg

But I already watched The Matrix

He was talking about Seven Soldiers I think.

No one has storytimed it

I tried, it was boring as shit.

Morrison is an overrated hack.

inb4
>le millar maymay

the matrix is the tldr censored version.

That isn't true

I did it about a year ago, it is just a lot of issues and 4 threads

Really high highs and really low lows is what I think of the Invisibles

It was good for the read or two but I have gotten everything out of it at this point.

Alan, pls go.

I read the first trade and didn't like it.

Ironically, I couldn't get into Morrison's Doom Patrol purely because it seemed a bit... well, entry-level in terms of "bizarre shit", and didn't feel like it had much weight.
Either it was overhyped, or it gets significantly better after the first few arcs, or I'm just cynical.

I don't like clown.

That has happened to me with his work, I am just lucky I got into Morrison early so his stuff seemed weird when I was reading it, it made getting away from it really easy too.

I can see how nowadays that stuff would not seem nearly as out there as it was or in the past.

I've only read Flex and Multiversity, how much of a downgrade is Doom Patrol?

>reading a book by a guy who legitimately thinks he was abducted by a UFO.

Yeah no

Read it. Liked it.

Preferred The Filth

I like Doom Patrol more than Multiversity a lot more.