Is Morrison's JLA worth the read? recently read Finale Crisis and it was very eh

Is Morrison's JLA worth the read? recently read Finale Crisis and it was very eh.

If you didn't like Final Crisis I imagine his Justice League will be very similar but the art isn't as good.

I liked most of the parts of Finale Crisis, but it felt super all over the place

His JLA is 100% more structured than FC that is for sure.

Shut up, fucking trolls.

Hi Bendis

Morrison's JLA run has wonky art, but that's about the only criticism anybody can levy, and you get used to it after the first arc with the Hyperclan if you're intending to read it all the way through.

As a Justice League run, it has not been surpassed since it's publication, with the only contender within striking distance at all being the Giffen/DeMatteis JLI and JLI-influenced series of books.

It's worth mentioning that the entire "JLA" series as a whole is, by far, the best modern depiction of Justice League characters by a single comics publication in comics because of Morrison/Waid/Kelly/Johns-before-he-sucked.

Let that sink in. No one has been able to get a run or series of runs featuring the world's most iconic superteam that can be held up to something that started in 1995 with Justice League: A Midsummer's Nightmare by Waid.

DC blows.

It's fantastic. IMO the best the team has ever been.

I would disagree the fact that it hasn't been surpassed.

I will take what Kelly and Mahnke did on the book these days over the Morrison Porter stuff.

It's damn good stuff. As others have mentioned, the art dips in quality every so often (Porter loved just drawing big panels where the JLA are all posing apropos of nothing) but love was put into it.

>DC blows because one series is so good that other iterations of the same series pale in comparison
I don't understand

and it's not like Marvel has published anything to surpass Miller Daredevil across their entire line

It was the inspiration for the cartoon. I'd give it a look.
Also, I didn't get Final Crisis, but usually Morrison's stuff is really good. Multiversity was awesome.

Moench Moon Knight
Lots of stuff by Gerber
Punisher by Ellis

good joke

also you mean Garth Ennis

Kelly's JLA stuff is better desu

Prime Manke art is GOAT

>e League characters by a single comics publication in comics because of Morrison/Waid/Kelly
Johns wasnt good.

Morrison-Kelly is top tier cape comics

I disagree only in that you highlighted the wrong Miller project at Marvel

what, Born Again? aka Miller Daredevil Again?

Nah

Elektra Assassin

Waid's stuff doesn't belong in that either

Art is mediocre to bad, but most of Morrison's run is good. I'm one of the few people who didn't like his OCs and outright hate Prometheus, but they don't appear that much.

My problem with JLA books is that they are usually Superman & Batman presents: other faggots, and Morrison did his best to give heroes like Flash a chance to shine.

Claremont's X-Men and Busiek's Avengers are superior team books though

>I will take what Kelly and Mahnke did on the book these days over the Morrison Porter stuff.
Yeah, but you're wrong. Morrison incorporated legacy. He wanted this frozen-in-amber shit to stop.

It's not that nothing's been better than JLA.

It's that no title regularly featuring a Justice League roster has been. For 20 years. I think that isn't insignificant.

I find his whole Fifth World concept kind of gross personally so I disagree.

I think Mahnke sells all the big moments way better than Porter can.

That and I prefer the new people they add in and the team.

>Finale Crisis
>Twice

>I find his whole Fifth World concept kind of gross

That's what I'm reading right now. Just read Rock of Ages, now Strength in Numbers.

Fuck that, read JLI instead.

multiple things can be good, user

>tfw they never finished collecting that run

Feel so bad, man.

Yeah, also Final Crisis is a big capstone for years of comics

Feels*

Yeah I agree, and I like Morrison's run too, but I take every chance I get to throw the JLI out there because it's my favorite Justice League run.