When is DC finally going to modernize his name to Rick or Richard?

When is DC finally going to modernize his name to Rick or Richard?

>dat ass
Probably never, it would be like Dick van Dyke deciding to go by Rick.

Hopefully never.

Rick? Are you fucking kidding me?

It's just a very obvious "subtle" attempt to make you think about dick. Nightwing has been and will always be a fetish character.

Nope. He's always gonna be our Dick.

I vaguely remember they tried it at the start of the New 52, but it never took off.

Yeah they had Baba doing it whenever they were together

Babs*

That was only in Batgirl

Never, Rick sounds more stupid than Dick somehow.

No, I defiantly remember some fanboys on CBR complaining that Bruce was calling him Richard instead of Dick around the Court of Owls period..

His name IS Richard. Hell, that's what Raven used to call him (maybe still does).
Everyone else just calls him Dick.

If it weren't for the dick innuendo and butt memes he wouldn't be nearly as popular a character.

He's popular because he's one of the most enduringly nice guys in the DC canon and nearly everyone looks up to him.

>fetish character
Fetish for what? Spandex?

why does everybody only talk about his ass then

Why does everyone jerk off over Wonder Woman in Wonder Woman threads when she's had years of comics?

Because this board likes waifus. It doesn't mean he's only popular because he's attractive.

That isn't fair... There are also debates about fingerstripes and DickKnighter.

Your bad and you should feel bad

But being an idealized dreamboy is pretty much his entire characterization.

So what you're saying is that you've never read his comics?

It's hard not to talk about it when it's constantly in your face.

Happened in Higgins Nightwing as well

>Dick Rickhard

Got a ring to it, I admit.

You know... how is 'Dick' short for 'Richard'? That doesn't even make any sense. It's like Bill and William, or Jim and James. But at least Bill and Will rhyme, and Jim and James both start with a J. But Richard and Dick?! Like, nobody ever says "Dickard".

I've read plenty of his comics. They're mostly shit, and not the reason he's popular.

How is Dubya short for Walker?

Starting in '98/'99, Nightwing was a good run. It definitely lost its steam as it went along, though.

He's also popular because of the Teen Titans (especially with the animated series) and just how much he appears in other people's series.

Only Alfred or Dick's actual parents should call him Richard. Or Babs if she is really pissed at him. Damian should only call him Grayson. Everyone else Dick works I think.

fetish for a gay superhero boy wacking you across the face with his stick

Nightwing was good for about 50-60 issues when Dixon was writing, and then just fell apart when other writers tried to move him around and set him up with another love interest. Then he was Dickbats, which was really good, then back to Nightwing, which was mainly average but readable.

Grayson and Seeley's Nightwing are great, though

W

>gay
Nigga, Dick gets the most pussy out of anyone in the DC universe. He's just a tease if anything.

dixon was so bland tho

Dixon's run wasn't terrible, but it was just so incredibly average that it was boring. The only arc that was really good imo was his Year One. Seeley has the potential to be the first really great Nightwing run.

Probably never. his name is too iconic, and funny.

Rick is a trash name.

Because rhyming.