What did you think of the new Captain Am- I mean Wonder Woman trailer?

What did you think of the new Captain Am- I mean Wonder Woman trailer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mA9BastKk1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=rx4nu-8WiGM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where I'm from, we call that slaaaavery.

It looked surprisingly good.

so what? we can't use history without it being a rip off of marvel? I guess watchmen is a Cap rip off because it has the backdrop of the cold war even though it's different

Back to your cuckshed Sup Forums

Looked pretty gay, though I only ever read WW from v2 onwards so what do I know.

>Period piece
>Protagonist wears a shield
>Protagonist is in a doomed love story with a military
>Protagonist has a support team of multiethnic soldiers
>Protagonist has a gruff reluctant mentor in an older authority figure in the military
>Movie ends with a large battle between the evil army and the heroes' forces
>Protagonist will then leave for 100 years and resurface to join a new superhero team.
>Protagonist proves her worth to skeptical superiors by taking down a large enemy group on a clandestine mission

There's some striking similarities. It's just a curious thing to note.

Always funny seeing people go straight to extremes in defending things, nice trips though.

Looks incredibly cliche and kind of boring.

>implying Cap had an Etta Candy character.
Well, maybe Dum Dum Dugan I guess.

>DCEU Etta will obviously be dead by Justice League.
>DCEU Etta probably won't be prime alpha-bitch waifu material like Earth One Etta

Shut up Sven

Cap 1 wasnt a period piece at all.

Steve Trevor = Steve Rogers

>people really are calling it a Cap 1 copy
just.

>love story with a military
So sad, I too romanced a military.

The trailer didn't help.

I... what?

I want her to lift more and eat grilled chicken. Wonder Woman is a Warrior princess not a basic white bitch

boring. even the first trailers for Thor 1 and Dr. Strange went full magic and fantasy. here WW is just fighting a bunch of German's.

Wonder Woman is not 40's comic book pastiche.

This. I wanted to hate it but it was actually well done. Maybe this is just a reaction of HOW retarded the other trailers (JUSTice League and ) were.
Also, with the right amount of light, she can be a qt6.28

Because unlike wgat Azz got you to believe. Wonder Woman isnt a mythical person and is supposed to interact with the real world more than her home world.

I like CATFA alot but this looks notably better in every regard besides Etta being comedy relief & Gadot not being as sexy as Atwell.
If Ares shows up in armor is a actual physical threat to Diana he could surpass Skull. If he just has a basic human form and doesn't really fight her himself then Skull will remain superior most likely.

>I wanted to hate it
Fuck You.

>implying DCEU WW is basic
>disdainforplebs

>Etta Candy action scene where she shows off her deadlift and mad gains

Let's see if it's shot as well

Gal Gabot was really the worst or possibly only bad thing about it. Which isn't great considering she's the title character. But everything else looks good. I get a feeling she's going to be the Thor of DCEU. Not horrible movies but not great. But because of needed tie ins with JL they will get sequels.

>WW1 is far gone enough that a mythical island nation becomes involved
>Anything after that point is a "first answer"

myth and fantasy are better to be honest. we got enough of the real world every time we wake up already.

>Marvel invented WWI

>... and WW2

>People unironically like Cap 1

The first act was cool with Brooklyn and boot camp but jesus fuck those fight sequences near the end were absolutely terrible.

Nice false equivalency. Beyond taking place during a World War, they aren't similar at all.

everything up till the montage was great

Forget Marvel, this shit has generic war movie written all over it BUT WITH A WOMAN

Well it certainly doesn't look anything like Wonder Woman but I guess that doesn't automatically mean it will be bad.

>Well it certainly doesn't look anything like Wonder Woman

Please, tell us how Wonder Woman should look

Oh yeah, I forgot Sup Forums doesn't read comics.

As a veteran of the first great war, of course!
Said conflict is integral to her origin and place in the annals of comic book history.

Its not better, its lazu because alot of the stories have been written and retold. WW isnt meant to exist in one over the other. Shes not Thor, she was created to be a bridge.

Sure the trailer does look good, but yes it does look similar to Captain America 1 and if you disagree you are in denial.

That doesn't mean the movie will be bad.

I was just wishing for the focus to be more on the Greek mythos side of things, I wanted to see her fight hydras and minotaurs and take on gods. Not fighting fucking Russians and Germans who don't stand any kind of chance against her.

Yes, it was. What the fuck are you on about?

WHO'S STRONG AND BRAVE

As someone who doesn't know shit about Wonder Woman, it doesn't get me excited. But that's mostly because the trailer itself offers very little information, I imagine actual fans who were already excited for it will find plenty to discover.

By default I'm open to seeing it out of principle because muh feminism. and this trailer doesn't challenge that. But considering recent DC films, they'll have to do a bit more to actually win my confidence.

> we

>white

Cap and WW movie you say? I would so be into that.

>tfw always been more of a DC fan
>tfw all DC movies suck ass with the exception of Nolan's Batman movies but since those are popular everyone shits on them
>tfw Marvel is getting shit like Ant-Man and GotG made while we sit through shit like Wonder Woman Batffleck
Why must we suffer so?

But didn't wonder woman started out as patriotic and fighting against nazis?

I think Gadot still can't act.

It looks like all the WB films so far. Muted colours, a lead with zero talent, but good trailer composition. And once again, tons of people are going to fall for it, making the letdown even harder.

I want this film to be good, but it looks like every other superhero film this company has made in recent years, and they've all been dogshit.

Sounds like the monomyth except just set during a war.
>Protagonist is in a doomed love story (with a military)
>Protagonist has a support team (of multiethnic soldiers)
>Protagonist has a gruff reluctant mentor in an older authority figure (in the military)
>Movie ends with a large battle between the evil army and the heroes' forces
>Protagonist will then leave (for 100 years) and resurface to join a new superhero team.
>Protagonist proves her worth to skeptical superiors by taking down a large enemy group (on a clandestine mission)

Azz's story was legit better than 99% of WW stuff ever written, though.

Don't get me wrong. WW in WW1 could be cool. I don't agree that has to be boring. But that entire divine drama Azz had going? Really fucking interesting and well-written, which is basically the opposite of WW's status quo. It says something that most comic fans can name one, maybe two, mortal WW villains (casuals can name precisely zero), but they can most likely remember the majority of Azz's supporting cast.

>By default I'm open to seeing it out of principle because muh feminism.
There's nothing feminist about watching a Hollywood movie.

>Was a DC fan, up until Superman lost his powers and rode around on a motorcycle.

what the fuck was that shit even?

>Gadot can't act
>Women director's can't into action
>choreography seems all over the place with obvious rope moves and stupid slow mo
>Snyder is involved
>quips worse than whedon
>literally nobody cares about WW

this will bomb harder than BvS

>Women directors can't into anything
FTFY

Well, truth is that women can't into anything because everything they make is equal parts self-projection and self-insertion.

There are a few notable exceptions in the last thousand years

I'll take that bet.

Because they are significantly less intelligent than men
Again, FTFY.

DC can't win with the history angle since Cap got his movie out first

A better route would be to go full God of War with mythical creatures and shit

Urgh, but real activism is hard.

I wish they had just bite the bullet and made it a WW2 film so we could have some DC WW2 heroes show up, like the Creature Commandos and Haunted Tank.

I love how DCEUfags use Golden Age shit to justify movies.
Any Superdickery defense for Man of Murder?

Then you're copying Thor :^)

>norse mythology = greek mythology
meme

this. The trailer shows off some great action and it looks to be an interesting story. However, it's main character is a deadpan hack who doesn't have a single expression the whole trailer until the "I like her" and that was terrible

I know the difference between WW1 and WW2.

I really hope that since Snyder is a femanist, he'll actually try and not fuck up this movie.

Feminist*

Where I'm from we call that dyel.

Oh, for a second there I thought you were saying that he wouldn't fuck it up because he was a fan of Iron Man.

Why did they change it to WW1?

To not look THAT much like First Avenger
Which obviously didn't work

youtube.com/watch?v=mA9BastKk1Y

As someone who had masturbated for rule63 cap, I'm excited and welcome this with open arms.

DCEU might turn out to be great once Zach Snyder is taken out of the equation.

Considering Johns co-wrote the script, I'm pretty sure this is just an OC Donut Steel

It's DCEU's doctor poison, so I'm hoping temescyra to be shelled with mustard gas and that's why WW had forsaken the world for so long.

I mean yeah if you ignore every other point he made

source? did someone confirm this?

They want the TV show audience

I'm not even making this up (probably)

Allan Heinberg is obviously a fan of the show considering the things he introduced in Wonder Woman during his run (special agent Diana Prince, spinning to change into Wonder Woman, being powerless unless she spins into Wonder Woman)

All the focus on the military stuff is exactly like season 1, and the scene/first line on the beach is too similar to be just a coincidence.

youtube.com/watch?v=rx4nu-8WiGM

It's not a very good idea. The show had big reasons to be set on WW2 (uniqueness among the 70s shows, and they wanted to make it very different from the 1974 TV movie that failed, and make it very true to the first comics). But now there's been tons of Wonder Woman stories set in the present, and they are not even being true to the first comics because they're placing it in WW1.

Tons of comic book heroes came out of ww2. At least they switched it to ww1 for an attempt at something fresh.

Shes pretty good as wonder women but yes shes way to skinny. She got good coloring but need to lift and eat. Well have to see if they go full sjw or stay sane on this.

I've always loved the idea of Cap and Wondy being in the same universe and becoming a couple

But it's exactly what happens if you change "Rogers" to "Trevor"

Is that picture a joke? There's not good composition in any of those shots.

>attempt at something fresh
And a failed one at that.

h e h

How the fuck did I not notice this before.

I rather want to see a WW Thor movie.

The movie hasn't come out yet.

The trailer has.

>Island of warriors
>Muh peace
OKaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Everybody just stopped talking about it
It's an well edited trailer but there's just not much else about it

>muh warrior woman

Yes

>muh using sword against random soldiers is totally necessary

My only gripe, and its minor considering they shouldnt spoil stuff in a trailer anyway, but it wasnt very mythical. You could have shown Zeus giving life to claybaby Diana, the gods on Olympus, Ares deciding to start the first World War, or hell just random monster slaying. Im afraid they wont delve into that stuff and we just get WW1 shit with a boring Ares

If they do show that, it will certainly be minimal or just at the end, or just at the Island.

WW1 was Snyder's idea and to me it's clear he wanted a political movie. So any mythical shit will likely just be shoved in like Doomsday.

>why didnt they reveal some key points this early for a movie s year away.
And this is about why WW stopped being WW. So i doubt the gods would factor in as much outside Ares.

True but greek myth is a big part of her character and Id hate to see that underutilized. My guess as to why she quit being WW is because she accidentally becomes the new god of war after killing Ares, thus gaining immortality.

The Amazons are obviously immortal and she is already thousands of years old