How many years until Disney buys DC?

How many years until Disney buys DC?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_companies_by_revenue
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

two

So is Mickey shooting dollar signs at DC or is DC trying to repel Mickey with them

If Wonder Woman and Justice League completely bomb then I give it like a year after that.

Within the next decade.

WB will keep trying until they get a hit, and then they'll model all their movies after it.

But it these underperform, they'll probably stick with Batman, Flash and Aquaman and scrap everything else.

They made a billion dollars with motherfucking Z-list properties like Guardians of the Galaxy.

Why the fuck would they pay for tarnished properties when they have a cash-printing machine already?

Literally never. WB could only produce Batman material and it'd be worth keeping.

Disney has a better chance buying nintendo now that they are weak than wrestling DC out of WB's hands.

Precisely never you moron

Not going to happen. DC Comics is owned by TimeWarner, a media conglomerate on roughly equal footing as Disney. Disney could make an offer to buy DC comics piecemeal, but they have no leverage and thus any kind of deal wouldn't be in Disney's best financial interests.

Time Warner and Disney could theoretically merge, but under current antitrust laws that's not possible.

So, yeah, your dreams of another official Marvel and DC crossover probably isn't going to happen in your lifetime.

Doesn't the Yamauchi family still have the majority stake in ownership of Nintendo?

Before Marvel buy out
>Fuck! FUCK! Now Marvel is going to be in KH, & now we'll have Marvel characters wondering around Disney Land. NOOOOooo!

Post Marvel buy out.
>Why doesn't Disney own this or that! Praise be Mickey! Just submit & let Disney own everything!

that's the point. Anyone who has had a crash course in economics knows that buying a Japanese company is basically impossible. They would rather crash and burn then let a filthy Westerner touch it.

Experience change people, Disney has handled things competently.
But as said above, wont happen, Time Warner and shit.

Actually, scratch that, Disney's worth and earnings are considerably more than that of Time Warner.

Still, not likely to happen.

Good. Nintendo MUST die. Tired of that Japanese Disney wannabe piece of shit. Anyone else just want to see them burn? Zelda NX? Fail. Mario NX? Fail. Pokemon? Fail.

And the rest like Metroid and Starfox? They're already thankfully dead. We just need Nintendo to be more kiddy and alienate customers even further. We need Nintendo to fucking die. They deserve to be driven out of business.

Fox almost pulled off a hostile takeover of WB for $80 billion in 2014, it's absolutely possible.

I don't think it's likely though.

I'd say the former

They could definitely underperform but I don't think they'd ever bomb

/thread I guess

I don't think the government would let them.

That was before Disney showed everyone they're they only studio capable of consistently making good comicbook movies.

Never. It would definitely go against monopoly laws.

They already fucked up once, if they fuck up again I don't know if people will come back to see their movies, or at least, the movies set in this universe. They'd probably wait two years and try again with a new cast and universe.

>government sues Disney for monopoly over capeshit

>We just need Nintendo to be more kiddy

Yeah, that will sink them! Nobody ever got rich from selling stuff to kids.

>>Sup Forums

Step back a bit Sup Forums.

>Using fail as buzzword

On one hand, I hope they do so we can have frequent crossovers.

On the other, they'll destroy DC with SJW pandering and political correctness like they have Marvel.

Ya'll ready for Superman and every other major DC super hero to be obli8terated like jokes by a young black woman who don't need no man?

killing a of that size company is alot harder than it was in the old days. Nintendo isn't just a video game company you know?

>obli8terated

>Disney buys the US Government,

>>Disney buys the US Government,
>faling for the disney is the most powerful company
Wikipedia say's otherwise:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_companies_by_revenue
Apple is richer company than Disney and even they get bullied by the US government

Would help fund/10

Like I said here any feasible deal that would unite marvel and DC under one company would require the second and third largest media conglomerates in the world to become one. That absolutely would ruffle some feathers in the government.

We already live in a world where this happens. It's called Trill League. Marvel would just BLACK out the whole cast.

Not sure the government would really do anything so long as independent & small publishers aren't infringed in any way.

Now if Disney started to buy out comic book stores or pay for more control over said LCS then you would see the govnmt get involved

>govnmt

Is this all you do? Are you mentally ill enough to derive entertainment from greentexting mistakes and typos?

>Caring about the movies.

I don't give a shit, what I care about is how fucked over their comics are.

Use the apostrophe key.

Way to contribute to the topic at hand.

>what I care about is how fucked over their comics are

Their comics are fine, unless you're a disgusting characterfag.

Sup Forums - Economics, Law and basic Grammar

>Their comics are fine

>Having this much of a shit taste.

Kill yourself.

>crash and burn then let a filthy Westerner

>So, yeah, your dreams of another official Marvel and DC crossover probably isn't going to happen in your lifetime.

Good
I don't want that kike shit anywhere near my Batman

>Batfags

Not going to happen ever. No money Disney can give Warner is better than the shit ton of money they make for shirts with the Bat and Super symbol alone.

>Look how much of a superior taste I have.

I bet you don't even read any of the comics, you're just parroting what Sup Forums says.

Yeah Squirrel Girl, Whor and the X-Men are shit. Those are not the only comics they're publishing right now.

What does taste have to do with the fact that you Batfags are literal scum?

WB would have to be desperate to sell DC to Disney and give them the superhero market.

Which of their comics are bad?

>I bet you don't even read any of the comics, you're just parroting what Tumblr says.

See? I can strawman too. The only good books at Marvel are Vision, Spider-Man/Deadpool, and Uncanny Avengers. Everything else is fucking trash, especially their soulless newer characters. Your taste is absolute crap.

>Deadpool
>good

opinions discarded

It would be easier for me to list the comics that are good.

>Bitches about character fags.

>Turns out to be a character fag.

Why am I not surprised?

>Everything else is fucking trash

Okay, so do you read all of those comics?

Viewcomics.com familia. Nearly all, Haven't looked into Squadrant Supreme, Hyperion, Drax, or Guardians of Infinity.

Apple said fuck you to the fbi I wouldn't call that being bullied.

I see, so you're a hatereader.

>I see, so you're a hatereader.

Hardly, I give a book five issues to win me over. If it doesn't I drop. If it's mediocre I might continue to see if it picks up.

No better way to say "I have not read this comic"

Unless it's an absolute steaming pile of shit. Like, /really/ fucking bad. Civil War II-teir and Squirrel Girl-teir. Then I read it just because it's fun to make fun of it with other users on Sup Forums.

So you admit to being part of the problem you complain about.

How can I be part of the problem if I torrent all my comics? You're trying way too hard to turn this around.

They be better off buying all of Time Warner so that we can get proper chronological Looney Tunes sets.

Antitrust laws, m8. They literally can't.

You read them, you complain online, they've literally told you how their sales plans work, you're making their jobs easier.

Enjoy being a tool for Disney.

From Disney's perspective, what would make sense for them to buy next? They've got animation and live action for TV and film and now they have comics. I think next they would buy Hasbro (for toys) and Scholastic (for non-comic books). I know they need something for video games but I can't think of a studio that would fit for them.

Just a thought.

Disney used to make comic books themselves. When I say that, the "Uncle $crooge" comics come to mind.

With the reboot of the "DuckTales" animated series set to premiere in 2017, will Disney, having already bought Marvel, also reboot the "Uncle $crooge" comic book series to coincide with the return of "DuckTales"? Since "DuckTales" is based on the "Uncle $crooge" stories.

And if so, would Disney release these new "Uncle $crooge" comic books under their own brand label, or Marvel's?

Capcom

Their business plan is that people get angry and buy the books to see what's going on. I don't buy anything.

Came here to say this.

They won't be any monopoly laws once Trump gets into office.

Do you faggots not know how our government works? The presidents real power is very /very/ limited.

>Nintendo
>weak now
Ignorant babby detected.

Nintendo stock recently took a huge hit, but that was after a huge gain. They have TONS of cash in reserve, too. Don't spout bullshit.

Technically, the first reaction happened just after the buyout.

But yeah, the demand for Disney to buy out every company on the planet is getting weird. I remember having a discussion with somebody who thought it'd be worth Disney buying out Hasbro and taking millions away from IDW just so he could see Sora fight Starscream in KH3
They've been in talks with Nintendo, I believe. And they're not going to buy Hasbro, just work out a deal where Hasbro get to keep selling Star Wars toys.
Most likely they'd let IDW handle that - Marvel have told Disney that they don't do funny animal books, which has led to Disney giving away the licence to all kinds of smaller companies e.g. IDW, Papercutz, Fantagraphics, etc.

Now, I'm not saying that Marvel will never ever publish a "true" Disney comic - they put out the Figment books, after all - but right now it ain't happening. I think Disney Digicomics is still a thing, but how long will that last?
Weeeeeeeeeeeell... it's not like the Wii U has been flying off the shelves, and they were considering branching off into mobile gaming, because that's where the money is these days.

I dunno. The next couple of years could go either way for them, as it could for Sony and Microsoft. The console gaming market has taken more than a few knocks thanks to Valve and fucking Candy Crush.

i mean dude, you are right, but carnage is easily the best thing currently published bar vision

Not with Trump, but it did help alot with the 2nd Bush.

Yeah, in the heat of fucking 9/11, obviously the other congressmen and Supreme Court wanted to let Bush do whatever he needed done so they just agreed with whatever he said. I don't think Trump would be that lucky to have a major terror attack happen on American soil while he's president. Even then, I don't think how he could segway an attack to being "We should get rid of all Monopoly laws to stop this".

Bow down before your mouse god, the mouse will rule all.