Really makes you think

youtube.com/watch?v=5Z5ICVEIRIk

This is an interesting video about how Steven Universe examines masculinity.

What do you think .Sup Forums? Should men cry?

Don't click the link guys. we should learn from Sup Forums's mistakes and not spread this .

This.

Go back to Twitter Mcintosh.

McIntosh is the world's biggest cuck.

This guy was cucked by Anita herself.

Men shouldn't cry but neither should women.

Can someone summarize this bullshit for me?

I only got through five minutes and all I got out of it was it's okay to cry even if you're a boy.

Society say men should hold their emotions in. But Steven Universe shows men expressing their emotions and crying in times of great emotion.

Men should only cry to mourn the passing of a loved one.
Anything more than a silent single tear at your daughter's wedding means your a testicles are forfeit.

I understand why people believe in thst, but honestly, I think that it's a wrong moral.

People think emotional suppression is this thing that bottles up all your negative feelings, but they don't see thst there are nuances to it. If you spray it and cry like a fag about everything, you aren't a man and you shouldn't be given respect. If you actually do shit and take care of what needs to be taken care of in your life, even if you occasionally let out frustrations or more gentle softness, you did your biological, social, and moral job as a man, you provided, you worked hard, you did what needed to be done without emotions getting in the way.

Telling young boys to ignore that and subvert thousands upon thousands of years of conditioning is dsmsging, liberals usually want to change the status quo without asking why the status quo is there or why it might be a good idea to keep some things the same.

Man to be honest dragonball and dbz is probably a better thing to show a young boy growing up than steven universe. But that's just my two cents

I mean, I wouldn't say that's Steven Universe's message, just McIntosh being a retard as usual.

Hell, your gif literally shows Steven himself "doing shit," aka resorting to violence to defend his loved ones.

Knowing is just half the battle

>Peridot Lin Kuei
good tastes right there

>Gets triggered by Lego
>Gets triggered by Super Smash Bros.
>Gets triggered by Batman
What a faggot

>501 replies and 265 images omitted

Like in One Piece, it's okay to cry when bad things happen, but you need to man up and fix the problem too.

How many black men did he make Anita fuck for his enjoyment?

>Gets triggered by pokemon go and acts like he's the first to call pokemon dogfighting

Not as much as Jake Rapp

Yeah of course it's fine to cry. But not all the goddamn time.

Too much tearing up and it loses its emotional impact. You start to appear as overly-sensitive. I want a protagonist who CAN tear up, but can also show sadness through frustration or silence. Not every sad moment requires tear drops or someone wiping their eyes.

>"it's a good example of why masculinity is toxic and harmful for our culture, and we should all embrace more positive female role models, and someday we can work on washing away the patriarchal male privilege which has poisoned society"

There, I just saved you 16 minutes of a boring video.

>People are still pushing this
Is the SJW meme not dead yet?

>This guy was cucked by Anita herself.
REALLY makes you think

If he is so triggered by masculinity, why he doesn't become an eunuch?

im going to take a wild guess and say the video is talking about how guys should be more feminine and stop acting like guys

Trump needs to win before we can officially declare it dead.

that guy is a fag

This comic is painfully retarded and a strawman.

Although props for getting me to reply, some good bait.

If he wins it will only get stronger because they will say that Hillary losing is because of the patriarchy and use it as even more justification for their shit.

t.beta male

Sure, but at least then they won't be taken as seriously.

Well, in ancient Greece many plays and epics were written that the heroes were practically expected to have heart-breaking moments. It was actually considered manly to cry back then, people took it as a sign that you were not afraid to show your deepest emotions even in the face of danger.

So he fucked up with the video games angle, lost anita, and now doing videos himself on cartoons

What a cuck

"role as a man" is an awful moral too. You don't own up and control your emotions because of "man's role" or whatever backwards idea you have - you do it because every decent human being, man, woman or whatever it is they identify as, must have a grip of themselves and find a balance between expressing their feelings and keeping them in check.

Doesn't matter what genre you are, crying about anything and bottling up everything are both detrimental to your wellbeing.

I like McIntosh because he's basically a less successful, more insane Jack Thompson.

>comments disabled.

New they would be. Fucking fag.

Exactly. But there is one major difference:

Jack Thompson genuinely wanted to help people, he was just misguided.

Anita and McIntosh just want your money.

>Giving Mcintosh any attention whatsoever.

He's honestly even worse than Anita Sarkeesian. Though that's kind of to be expected, considering he's the man behind the curtain.

I think McIntosh is actually insane enough to believe he's doing good.

Thanks again, Gabe.

>I like McIntosh because he's basically a less successful, more insane Jack Thompson.

I don't know, he seems to be achieving quite a bit more success than Jack Thompson ever did. It probably helps when the media for a given industry welcomes you with open arms instead of fighting you every step of the way.

/thread

I think by less successful he meant that he's not gonna still maintain a career once this inevitably blows over.

Whereas Jack Thompson had a real fucking job.

Can we please Please PLEASE not promote this guy and his shit?

If it wasn't for Sup Forums and their dog-piling outrage, no one would know who the fuck Anita Sarkeesian is.

Remember kids, a woman can't do anything wrong, even if she has shady business practices that fuck over OTHER women. To say different is sexist!

Im not a kuck or a pussywhipped beta, i hate this generation of faggy cry babies. Fuck Steven Universe for the cancer it has created. I hope Sugar is assassinated or hit by a truck

When will this era of oversensitive bullshit end?

This pisses me off more than it should.

Guys is and always has been gender neutral. Guy is masculine, but guys isn't.

The show itself has had the "proper time and place" moral several times. The Test is literally about Steven bottling minor pettiness and frustration to help his adoptive family.

>Society say men should hold their emotions in.

...does it? I don't hang out with a lot of normal people but I don't think I've seen this stereotype in any serious way since the late 90s.

This

More like generic deep analysis of a freaking children's show no 2345

You know those are Sup Forums poison

>really makes you think

Why isn't this an autoban?

SHUT UP YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BOTTLE UP PETTINESS AND FRUSTRATION

ONLY TEARS

It'll only get worse as times goes on, if Hillary wins it will get worse faster admittedly.

I just want it all to be over.

I may just vote Hillary.

Crying is just a natural anxiety release that releases many chemicals into your body to help you deal with stress. Cry and then move on. If you're crying about the same thing more than once or crying more than like...once a month, fix your life.

Men cry in private so no one sees them being little bitches.

You gotta hold it in until you make it to the cry cave.

The only exception is the death of immediate family. If your wife just got split in half by a drunk driver, then you can cry in public without looking like a little bitch.

I think society needs to accept that there are other ways of showing grief and sadness than crying. People only recognise the feminine methods of showing emotion and then claim that men suppress their emotions too much.

Don't American-san, the leftist tears will be delicious.

How would a bi sexual woman know anything about male masculinity

>guys bitch about men not being allowed to show a full range of emotions like women are
>guys bitch when men show a full range of emotions and cry

Are we supposed to be the stoic reliable ones who suffer in silence and bottle their issues until they inevitably burst, or are we supposed laugh and cry the same as everyone else, and bear whatever judgements people make about us as a consequence.

Jon McIntosh is a Nice Guy from the Internet. Like many Dudes and Ladies from the Internet, they skirmish for power. Tragically, he may have to face Anita in battle and absorb her power a la Highlander.

Don't forget that, on top of that, we're only allowed to show submissive emotions like longing or sadness. We can't ever be angry or frustrated, not anymore.

her nigger bf also works on the show

McIntosh and others are stuck in that view of how society treats masculinity, otherwise how could they elevate themselves from the masses? It's all a big "I'm not like other boys" pretentious mentality

He once said Smash bros. is problematic because "it teaches to solve problems through violence", as if it was some dark and gritty brawler. Once he started complaining about how Wolfenstein TNO compared people who play on easy mode to babies, people pointed out to him it's just a joke carried from the older games and he went like "s-shut up I know that"

Do you have anything to back that up? Because I see male characters in cartoons get angry all the time.

But user, he's the man behind the curtain. The one running the show. Anita is just a puppet.

Men don't derseve any empathy after what they did.

>even if she has shady business practices that fuck over OTHER women
Except all things business are a gray area until other companies start losing money or people get cancer.

Steven is a child. He's a 13 year old (or a stunted 10 year old...) and children are not supposed to be manly.

There's nothing wrong with children crying, but men should not cry as much as Steven does.

This is a good joke. I like jokes. I'm glad the author is having fun making a humorous tale for the readers to chuckle at.

>Men should be able to cry, society should be more accommodating to sensitive male, toxic masculinity etc

>This is a sizable portion of feminists

Wonder if he would have get the same message from Naruto. I swear he cries every ten chapters or so.

Those poor age genders being marginalized.

does the person who made this comic realize the primary reason for this was to create servants incapable of laying with women (which were treated as property) and also certain prepubescent male singers who were often castrated against their will or at least without their permission in hope their voice wouldn't drop?

>Waiter is Chad

This is the writer

>men should be able to cry (i.e. men decide how they want to act, not society's expectations)
>toxic masculinity (i.e. traits that are considered masculine are doubleplus ungood)
Aren't those two ideas in conflict? If I never cry, not because I don't have feelings, but because it's just not in my nature to shed tears, is that part of toxic masculinity? Am I somehow holding women back by not cutting onions every time I'm sad?
What they're really saying is every man MUST cry or else he's being male wrong!

Isn't there some weird English rule where if you have a female and many males an informal noun becomes a masculine plural?

Eh, maybe its a Master/Apprentice thing. She'll gain enough Internet Cred she'll absorb his mojo and throw him down a well.

This

It'd almost be worth it if things weren't so dire.

It's not a zero sum game as I see it. Things are either going to get worse really fucking fast, or gradually through the status quo. Either way, there are no right choices.

NGL, she looks pretty fuckable in this image.

Shoulda posted one of the grosser ones.

first post as always is best post.

>If I never cry, not because I don't have feelings, but because it's just not in my nature to shed tears, is that part of toxic masculinity?

Not really, you choose not to cry because that's not who you are, not because you're a guy and society expects you to do so.

I guess it's saying you should be ABLE to cry if you want without fear of ridicule, not that you HAVE to.

Fuck, I don't know why you guys are so aggressive about this shit. No one's saying you have to act a certain way, they're just saying don't feel bad if you ARE a certain. I wouldn't care if a boy cried anymore than I cared if a girl played hockey.

Focus on your own fucking lives rather than deciding how others should live theirs.

Jonny picked an internet fight with Joss Whedon at a time when Anita was trying to cozy up to him in the hopes of gaining entry into Hollywood proper. This ended their professional relationship.

and then in every other episode he gets emotional about everything. Shit i just watched the racing episode and right of the bet he acts like a little bitch because of that annoying guy he met once.

>NGL, she looks pretty fuckable in this image.

Are we looking at the same image?

I'm a 30 year old virgin, I'd fuck basically anything at this point. Sorry for my lack of standards.

>rather than deciding how others should live theirs.

These days both the Religious Right and the Progressive Left seem to be pretty hellbent on this. Horseshoe theory is a helluva drug.

>>>/get/

It's okay for men to cry?
Then how come any time any man does he's called a manbaby and people that proclaim to be for gender equality revel in how they drink male tears?

Not that guy, but it sounds like he was talking about the general attitude society has these days. But if you really need a modern cartoon example, Steven Universe's Beach City Drift.

Not to mention that Steven was portrayed in the wrong for getting frustrated, and the method of solving the problem was being aloof and passive aggressive. Basically, traditional male methods of dealing with conflict vs traditional female methods.

For real though, bottling up your emotions will make you go fucking bonkers one day. Shit isn't healthy. Don't be that faggot who tries to be a stoic and emotionless autist because it's "manly" or whatever the fuck, you'll end up in an asylum or worse when you're older.

Even if you're wizard that's too low.