Why is he called Syndrome?

Why is he called Syndrome?

He's a mongoloid.

Aspergers syndrome.

Toxic sock syndrom

Down syndrome?

He has a repressed homosexual obsession with Mr. Incredible, which he transmuted into violence against him and his family.

He went insane.

He's individually a symptom of the 'supers' problem present in their world, though wants to represent a broader idea, so Syndrome fits.
I always wondered why he'd use that as his public name though, it's like suddenly having your city saved by Captain Nefarious, you're gonna be a little suspicious of motive.

he was a symptom of the normies who want to hold down the superhero Übermensch

Because The Joker was taken.

He has "Hero Syndrome"

It's the only name he could trademark.

it is a pretty good name

I mean, it sounds cool but what's the point

Syndrome was originally going to be a throwaway villain in the original movie script, and his sole scene happened right after he escaped a mental asylum. We can assume that in this draft he was legally insane and adopted his name in reference to it.

When his role was promoted to main villain in the final version of the movie, either the writers couldn't think of a better name for him, didn't think chaning his name was necessary or just thought his name was too cool and kept it that way.

He has an extra chromosome

like "I'm the first syndrome of a new era of tech heroes", that name could easily go whatever route he wanted it to.

I thought the S stood for "Sitter"

He had down syndrome, that's why he has no powers

>all the people in this thread mixing up "symptom" and "syndrome"

what's the difference