Can we Agree Jim Lee's Art isn't Good Anymore?

>Anymore

it never was good

I've been saying this for years

Jim Lee art is actually a turn off for me now

Don't bully him, he needs at least a week to draw one page and double shipping is making him draw faster than that

He's not bad, he has technique, but his art is dirty as fuck.

It's been Bad since New 52 at the very least, and that wasn't shipping twice monthly

>we lost ferreyra on new suicide squad for this shit

Maybe squirrel girl is more your speed.

Did people ever think he was good? The only thing I kinda enjoyed his art in was the beginning of Justice League, and that's only because I just wanted something that's in-house and super generic, maybe that's his appeal? ASBR was fun but not because of his art, Hush was meh, no idea about his X-Men run.

His action bits are alright and his designs are downright shit.

Settle down Jim

>tfw i still like him

He really peaked around Hush/For Tomorrow.

Loved his Kyle Rayner redesign.

Funny enough I took a break from comics a week or two before Flashpoint #1. Brightest Day had just wrapped up, as did New Krypton/Black Ring etc and I was moving back to NJ from Denmark.

I found out Flashpoint was expanded to a reboot shortly after my return, and was totally shocked that after all the momentum from Final Crisis to Brightest Day was gonna be trashed. Then I saw the first few JL pics. Wow man. Took me until 2013 to dip back into things. I just couldn't believe I was suddenly like those old precrisis fags I would see on gamefaqs and DC's forums.

he's a bit up his own ass now. i think the high detail was positive at first but has gotten way out of hand.

Does anyone else think that his old 90s stuff was less polished but had way more energy? Everything feels like a pose now.

This

Yes I agree. I think he's improved as an illustrator, but his stroytelling skills went down the drain. Probably from the years of only drawing covers and just writing for other artists at Wildstorm.

Lee is only doing like 10 pages of the first 5 issues, chillax.

Anyway get Greg Tocchini drawing this book because holy shit this variant cover.

Pretty sure Tocchini is still doing Low over at Image

>ASBR
I didn't know he was involved in that JoJo game.

Lee's art now makes me rethink his X-Men work during the Bush administration. Like all those Image guys Wizard used to blow every month were kind of shit.

I really, really liked him. I'm a 90s kids and for me Jim Lee will always be the definitive artist. He's not a great storytelling by any stretch of the imagination, he's a poster guy. But he's great at drawing iconic shit, like he did in Hush and For Tomorrow.

But he genuinely sucks nowadays. I miss the 00s Jim Lee.

Wow, never realised I wanted him until now.

Yeah
His anatomy was worse, but he was a better storyteller

Now that his anatomy has improved, his storytelling is shit

Poor man's ivan reis